Thread: The media are now starting to tell people not to buy the game.

The media are now starting to tell people not to buy the game.

Many players are having problems and cannot even play the game. After looking on social media and seeing so many fans saying they want a refund, i think this is just the start of things to come.

http://segmentnext.com/2016/03/14/he...intrusive-drm/

Problem being is, that with no/less funding, there is no incentive for Sq Enix to fix anything- you'll just have 1 shabby, unfinished box-level or 1 shabby, unfinished box level and its five buddies over the course of a year. You just get your anger and irritation parcelled out over longer. If they fix it, they've got a winner on their hands- there was no reason for them to lose faith in the offline console market anyway. Whatever happens, though, I have cancelled my pre-ordered SqEx games, because I'm not interested in risking episodic, patch-reliant titles when I could have whole games. This furore will have other developers realising that they can and should release whole titles. I hope they fix this title promptly to restore some lost faith.

PLEASE JUST RELEASE SAPIENZA THIS MONTH, THATS ALL IM ASKING FOR *___* YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE OTHER LEVELS, JUST GIVE US SAPIENZA.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC22 View Post
    This furore will have other developers realising that they can and should release whole titles.
    I really hope so but to be honest the negative aspects of this game seem to be flying under the radar for the most part. You see the odd thread in other forums, but this forum and hitmanforums.com are the only ones showing overwhelming negativity. And if the media don't pick up on the issues, which despite Tickle's linked article they really aren't, then Square/IO have much less incentive to make changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig91 View Post
    I really hope so but to be honest the negative aspects of this game seem to be flying under the radar for the most part. You see the odd thread in other forums, but this forum and hitmanforums.com are the only ones showing overwhelming negativity. And if the media don't pick up on the issues, which despite Tickle's linked article they really aren't, then Square/IO have much less incentive to make changes.
    That's not true. Social media is a wash with hate for this game.

Just look at the comments under this very official video. It's nothing but hate!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-__sPpbh10

The official Hitman account is getting mauled on Twitter too with people reporting problems and asking for refunds. The game hasn't been out long. The media is just picking up on it.

They can just wave us all off as haters until someone big runs an article on it though, that's how the internet works. It's not how business works, but IO wont have to worry about that until 2017. And even then, the game might be hugely successful. I doubt it lol, but it might be. Then we'd be in trouble.

They can just wave us all off as haters until someone big runs an article on it though, that's how the internet works. It's not how business works, but IO wont have to worry about that until 2017. And even then, the game might be hugely successful. I doubt it lol, but it might be. Then we'd be in trouble.
    So far sales figures aren't looking great at all. The Division broke sales records in the UK (surprisingly) while Hitman had its worsed ever debut and entered the charts in 29th place. That's not good when you consider it is a big AAA game and when you look at the top 20 chart in the UK, many of the games are old games that have been out for ages, like AC Sysndicate at 13th place, Metal Gear Solid V is at 19th place. Beyond 2 souls and Heavy Rain entered in at 11th place.

29th place and there are lots of people asking for refunds.

Lol ouch. On the one hand I'm sad to hear that because I have been a huge fan of the series since Codename 47, and there is a great game here behind all of this always online episodic bull. But on the other hand, they asked for it.

Lol ouch. On the one hand I'm sad to hear that because I have been a huge fan of the series since Codename 47, and there is a great game here behind all of this always online episodic bull. But on the other hand, they asked for it.
    They will appear on BBC Watchdog eventually for misleading people and being deceitful. I know a few people who have reported them to Watchdogs. Look what BBC Watchdog did to Sony when Sony was ripping off Playstation 4 owners. They tore Sony a new one which forced Sony to apologise and backtrack.

I was real suprised that Sony treated its customers like this. Shocking stuff.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...-playstation-4

Yeah I saw that one. Sony are still pretty bad about stuff like that. Like say you download something from PSN that is clearly faulty, you need to push really hard to get refunded. They will always try to refund your PSN wallet first, which is not a real refund lol.

majority press seems content enough. odd.

Personally I see it as they are only warning people to wait until bugs are fixed..

So based on all this, I would not buy Hitman until things are sorted out at least to some extent.
    They don't actually want people to never buy it, they just state their opinion that it may be better just to wait until the launch bugs are squashed for good.

Even on a perfect launch (not many these days) there will be problems, haters, annoyed customers, angry kids and angry adults will all be ready to jump on the negative train and pull the horn, IO should be picking up on the teething problems and fixing them fast though before these 'negatives' become something bigger.

The reviews are worse and worse by the day.

I think if they fail to make up the sales the publisher wont bail them.

Mainstream reviews are still good. I'm just thankful that I didn't buy the Coll Edition. SqE/IO needs to start offering refunds. I reckon that they may have- at least in the long term- killed off the franchise.

Am I the only one whose enjoying the game and not *ing about every little thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle_Monster View Post
    That's not true. Social media is a wash with hate for this game.

Just look at the comments under this very official video. It's nothing but hate!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-__sPpbh10

The official Hitman account is getting mauled on Twitter too with people reporting problems and asking for refunds. The game hasn't been out long. The media is just picking up on it.
    i really hope so,crappy moves like this drm should not be tolerated by gamers or everyone will start doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydayokay View Post
    Am I the only one whose enjoying the game and not *ing about every little thing?
    dude no offense but when everything is tied to online(even the rating)and when every 5-10 mins i get disconnected to the hitman servers and sent back to the main menu...well i dont consider that a little thing