Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: #CompleteLoK Movement!

#CompleteLoK Movement!

This is the letter I'll be mailing Square Enix in UK through snail mail to catch their attention. I kind off got tired of waiting for Square Enix to do something, so I decided to do my part for letting Square Enix know. I wrote this letter the way it is to make it more interesting instead of sounding a demanding 12-year old. My apologies for the incorrect grammar at any point - no one's perfect. I'll also be mailing once a month the same letter, letters stacks and so becomes noticeable.

I also directly asked the voice actors if they would consider doing the characters again, and with their response I'm carefully optimistic.

Spread the word through Facebook and Twitter.
    @SQUARE_ENIX_EU @SquareEnix @CrystalDynamics #CompleteLoK http://tinyurl.com/jrmrpwl
    Last edited by Ohem85; 5th May 2016 at 20:36.

You could tweet @koonthul, aka Mike Brinker, Lead designer at Crystal Dynamics, but I'd lose the melodrama. It makes you sound kindof crazy (and not in the good way).
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

It is very sad: "1 supporters from the goal of 1000".
    You need to understand that LOK-series has some strange fans which want nothing. Hence your petition is unuseful/failed.

And 1000 fans - it is nothing: for example, 20k fans bought SR1 on Steam (some number - on gog.com + some number - just downloaded the game from the piracy hostings since LOK-games on the Steam have no more than ones at the other places since CD is so lazy to add some additional - and simple by realization - features for these games like using Steam-cloud, achievements and trading cards; for example, SE added the appropriate features for their own oldest product - Final Fantasy VIII - without any problems). And what?

Now CD/SE working on Nosgoth. Nothing more.
    Support of LOK-games is the duty of Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by wrace0 View Post
    It is very sad: "1 supporters from the goal of 1000".
    You need to understand that LOK-series has some strange fans which want nothing. Hence your petition is unuseful/failed.

And 1000 fans - it is nothing: for example, 20k fans bought SR1 on Steam (some number - on gog.com + some number - just downloaded the game from the piracy hostings since LOK-games on the Steam have no more than ones at the other places since CD is so lazy to add some additional - and simple by realization - features for these games like using Steam-cloud, achievements and trading cards; for example, SE added the appropriate features for their own oldest product - Final Fantasy VIII - without any problems). And what?

Now CD/SE working on Nosgoth. Nothing more.
    True, the petition only seemed at the time productive. It's now removed.

For the rest, I just want to make enough noise to provoke an answer as simple as "Yes we heard you". I want to make sure no secretary throws it, forgets it or just simply ignore it. I'll also be mailing CD in parallel.

But two forum posts in one day is encouraging however.

Edit:

Letters AWAAAAY! (With additional stamps put on moments before posting)

I usually write in "fine" italic but didn't want to make it harder for the personnel in the postal-office so I wrote the adresses(s) as clear as day on the envelope....

...it was suprisingly hard
    Last edited by Ohem85; 17th Mar 2016 at 17:48.

We all know the miserable world we live in...money moves everything. And with the magnitude of these companies the money needs to be apt. What Charles Cecil and his team did using KickStarter to give us one other most excellent Broken Sword was laudable. Would that Amy Hennig congregated her team and gave us more Legacy of Kain that way (but most possibly the quantity of money to produce games for this generation would be...)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrykull_the1st View Post
    We all know the miserable world we live in...money moves everything. And with the magnitude of these companies the money needs to be apt. What Charles Cecil and his team did using KickStarter to give us one other most excellent Broken Sword was laudable. Would that Amy Hennig congregated her team and gave us more Legacy of Kain that way (but most possibly the quantity of money to produce games for this generation would be...)
    Sure money is everything, but if enough people want a new game then sure the publisher(s) would see the investment. We have already seen the comment section at Eurogamer and Gamespot of the Nosgoth cancellation how much a proper sequel is wanted. If we don't make enough noise then Square Enix won't know and so won't act.

The fact that less than a month ago I sent actual letters to both Square Enix Europe and Crystal Dynamics (see above), and now with Nosgoth cancellation I can't help but feel some coincidence. it's a hell of a timing.

I'll keep sending letters because I want to see another title in Legacy Of Kain so I'm doing an respectable act to show Square Enix just that. I however hoped for a little more support by the community for my initiative, instead I feel met with indifference.

"Dispaaaairr, Raziel". The years in this Underworld without LoK have corrupted our flesh and soul... This community, also from my experience, is immediately along the lines of harsh and its cognate moods. For my part, I say, indeed keep sending those letters. Perhaps not all written equally.

Due to personal issues the new letters for this month have been delayed with a few days, I also added another paragraph to show my fear of what LoK could become if influenced by other unwanted mediums.

Living in this world daily governed by dramas, emotional argument instead of reasonable one financed by ads, tax evasions and lawsuits we do in one manner or another escape the reality we inhabit but without improving ourselves, rather somaticize each other. With Legacy of Kain this decaying world in the last set of ten I now have one less escape with the endured negligence of this IP - and now miserable as the risk of Twilight and True Blood being culturally defined as the modern Vampire, instead of an intelligible one as Legacy of Kain has provided us with.

Send e-mails asking for more LoK to philrogers@square-enix.com (Phil Rogers CEO) and collective@square-enix.com (Square Enix Collective platform). Collective, especially, is probably the most realistic option for a continuation at this time, given the AAA route only seems to end in failure every time. They have been saying they have no plans to move LoK to that platform at the moment. Show there is tangible demand by asking them to make plans and keep asking them until they do it. That's my worthless advice.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum View Post
    Send e-mails asking for more LoK to philrogers@square-enix.com (Phil Rogers CEO) and collective@square-enix.com (Square Enix Collective platform). Collective, especially, is probably the most realistic option for a continuation at this time, given the AAA route only seems to end in failure every time. They have been saying they have no plans to move LoK to that platform at the moment. Show there is tangible demand by asking them to make plans and keep asking them until they do it. That's my worthless advice.
    Square Enix did suggest doing crowdfunding for raising interests of the different IPs, if they did bother going through that route I'm sure there would be quite the response.

In which case, email and regular mail sent.

Edit:

As you all may have noticed, I'm a bit of a pragmatist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohem85 View Post
    Square Enix did suggest doing crowdfunding for raising interests of the different IPs, if they did bother going through that route I'm sure there would be quite the response.

In which case, email and regular mail sent.

Edit:

As you all may have noticed, I'm a bit of a pragmatist.
    I should have mentioned before, it is great to keep seeing people whom the series resonated with doing their bit to champion its future, in spite of the questionable reciprocation on the official end.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum View Post
    I should have mentioned before, it is great to keep seeing people whom the series resonated with doing their bit to champion its future, in spite of the questionable reciprocation on the official end.
    Good to know it's appreciated!

Right now I'm pondering on what more can be done. Stalk the CEO? Send SE a brown envelope? Oh the possibilities

Edit:

Also, i found this article: http://nichegamer.com/?p=67613

The coin is still turning...

Edit 2:

I added two quotes and responses from Mr Bell of an older Reddit thread. And a slight change in the last paragraph.
    Last edited by Ohem85; 5th May 2016 at 20:38.

Well this is discouraging https://twitter.com/Nosgoth/status/732929056015065088

Though I think they're talking about themselves as a studio not doing any future LoK titles, it may also be interpreted as the IP itself being neglected at this point.

A small update!

For this month I went one step further, and paid more, with sending my letters. This time I sent them as recommended along with "Track & trace" feature - and recently got notified by the tracking app for the UK letter, has arrived to Square Enix Europe. I'm still waiting for the US one that goes to Crystal Dynamics.

I didn't previously use "track & trace" due to the easy confusion it may create at the checkout because of the differnt requirements and fine-print that goes along with it, aaaand this time of course it did. The inexperienced personell had to triple-check everything (and not even then everything was correct), and there I was, holding up the queue so imagine the E.N.O.R.M.O.U.S anxiety I had to endure.

Then finally someone who knew what he was doing finally came and everything went on rails, but gosh the whole thing took its time. At least it was done.

Now the question remains if the CEO bothers to read it, or do read it but does nothing about it. The same could be said about CD, but this is the best thing we can do for now.

There are no hope at all. Forum is dead, fan-community is dead (here and even on Steam), there are no people for whom can be created new LOK.
    CD is not Blizzard, LOK is not epic Diablo/Starcraft.

The fan community isn't dead. It's just mostly on facebook now.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/221242361221112/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/talesofnosgoth/
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Sorry, what? Diablo is Epic? "Illiad" is epic, "Ramayana" is epic, "Boewulf" is epic. Not a freaking video game.

But it`s true that we are not legion

Facebook you say Vampmaster. Well, i`m then

"As long as a single one of us stands, we are legion..." © Kain, SR2-intro

There are no hope at all. Forum is dead, fan-community is dead (here and even on Steam), there are no people for whom can be created new LOK.
    No people? Millions of people play games.
    The problem is that whoever's at the top of SE is thick and doesn't realize that the series has been quiet for a decade. If they want profitability, they need to revitalize it from scratch by remastering the old titles. Then, with the new fanbase forged by that, they can move forward.
    After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygdrasel View Post
    The problem is that whoever's at the top of SE is thick and doesn't realize that the series has been quiet for a decade. If they want profitability, they need to revitalize it from scratch by remastering the old titles. Then, with the new fanbase forged by that, they can move forward.
    If they start now, they could release the Defiance remake in 2025 and have Dark Prophecy ready a couple of years after that. I should be ready to apply for the lead programmer position by then. Of course if they don't start right now, it will more like 2035, I'll be thinking about retirement, and most of our hands and eyes will be too old to even play the game. Much better to just get the story concluded and worry about a reboot afterwards. There are plenty of games and movies that have had gaps as long as the LOK series and still managed to continue where they left off *and* without having to recap every single thing, so the time gap shouldn't be an excuse not to continue.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 24th Jun 2016 at 16:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    If they start now, they could release the Defiance remake in 2025 and have Dark Prophecy ready a couple of years after that. I should be ready to apply for the lead programmer position by then. Of course if they don't start right now, it will more like 2035, I'll be thinking about retirement, and most of our hands and eyes will be too old to even play the game.
    That is assuming they will get to it eventualy. From what i could gather about SE people, they don`t much care for odl titles, that don`t interest 13-14 year odl boys...
    Ygrdasel is right in more than few regards though, but he/she didn`t elaborate :P. If we would want to conclude story, some people wouldn`t even know what the hell is this all about, so they wouldn`t buy it. In 2019 "Soul Reaver" will be 20 years old- there is plenty of people who weren`t even born in 1999 and now are majority of players. You have to understand, that no company will do something only for "Old Guard". Reboot/remaster/reedition/however you`d like to call it would make more people interested in whole thing, and could show SE that series is indeed worthy of investing money

Guys *crunches popcorn* please don't stop, this is fairly entertaining but if time dictates SE might be absconding the trademarks. For what legal rights do they have if they're not releasing anything new? Do they dare introduce comparable to Dead Sun and alienate rest of this community? Wouldn't that be ironic, by doing nothing the inexplicable trademarks will be unshackled for which they've weary tried keeping to themselves.

https://tmdb.eu/trademark/002105161/eu
    https://tmdb.eu/trademark/002111011/eu

After the end of this month I'll be yet sending another letter to SE, nothing new added just spamming them like an annoying sibling.

Edit:

Meanwhile I worked with what internet had available and made a tribute video to Simon Templeman consisting of videosegments from animations, games and movies to show, our lord and savior, others what impact he had on us all.

Admittingly I'm not a competent editor, but considering what I managed to produce I'm quite content.
    Last edited by Ohem85; 25th Jun 2016 at 06:44.

Ygdrasel
    Really? And where are all these people? On facebook?
    When the game Nosgoth was alive, I looked at the number of active players in official default groups on Steam - this number for this newest PvP-game was comparable with the number of active players in the oldest game of SE - Final Fantasy 8.
    And fan-community of this game (FF8) has more activity than one of LOK.
    And this number is nothing in comparison with the number of players in PvP- or grind- games of Blizzard.

Heretic_13
    From what i could gather about SE people, they don`t much care for odl titles, that don`t interest 13-14 year odl boys...
    Really? For example, they (SE) did enough for their old title - Final Fantasy 8 when they placed it on Steam, though there are newest versions of this game.
    In comparison with LOK-games in the same case.

Heretic_13
    If we would want to conclude story, some people wouldn`t even know what the hell is this all about, so they wouldn`t buy it. In 2019 "Soul Reaver" will be 20 years old- there is plenty of people who weren`t even born in 1999 and now are majority of players.
    Look at the intro of Defiance - significant moments of LOK-story (5 games) can be showed in small time (hm, there is no more Raziel, his story is finished, so it is not needed to show all events from his own story) + now all games (excepting one - BO1) are available on Steam and worked on Win-10, so new fans can play and in these games too.
    So it is not such big problem, I think.
    And always developer/publisher can do such thing:
    Heretic_13
    Reboot/remaster/reedition/however you`d like to call it would make more people interested in whole thing, and could show SE that series is indeed worthy of investing money
    Vampmaster
    If they start now, they could release the Defiance remake in 2025 and have Dark Prophecy ready a couple of years after that.
    Remake of Defiance? This game works fine now. For what purpose is it needed to do remake of it?
    Dark Prophecy - is really one thing that they can do as final act of LOK-story (Legacy of Kain).

Without having to create a bible of quotes, I'll just respond openly.

I also don't think "HD Remake" of Soul Reaver 2 or Defiance is necessary, however upon discovering Hyldens and Raina Audrons texture pack(s) and the use of those alone would benefit both games greatly. Just scale up the texture treatment on both.

Rather see BO1 and SR1 HD Remake as both are quite subpar with today's standards.

About BO1 HD Remake - look at here.
    About SR1 HD Remake - look at here (Unreal 4 Engine).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast