Thread: Completed challenges are not saving!

Completed challenges are not saving!

My Completed challenges are not saving. I tried for fun to see how this works I did a challenge then I saved the game quit then reload the save and the challenge is now not completed and did the level, Nothing. This is not right for a game to work like this. I'm on Xbox one, anyone having the same thing

Yeah, same thing happens on PS4. If you complete a challenge or anything of the sort and reload the save, the game doesn't acknowledge that it's already been completed. Your best bet is to just complete the challenge and finish up the mission in one shot.

(click image to enlarge)

did that too and nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmythology View Post
    did that too and nothing
    That's weird. Are you starting from a save or starting the mission over?

(click image to enlarge)

Yes, I posted the same thing yesterday. I'll quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Euler13 View Post
    I love the Hitman series. Although I do not echo popular opinion I was even a massive fan of Absolution. I have defended in YouTube comments the decision to make this episodic. After a really tough week at work I had the weekend to look forward to as I began playing a long anticipated game...

Apart from the fact that I've lost connection with the server three times now during a mission, which immediately ends the mission, and even though there's nothing wrong with my internet connection, the most annoying aspect of my day one experience is that the challenges are not saving.

I'm an absolute completionist so I want to unlock all 13 challenges on the yacht before I go to the final test. It took about three tries to get the Private Meeting challenge to save; I'd do everything right, the picture appeared during the mission to say I'd done it, I'd finish the mission, but it wasn't unlocked; ironically the secret achievement unlocked (Xbox One) the first time I did it. After the third try when I went back into the mission it had finally saved: 10/13 complete.

Now I'm trying to get the last 3: rat poison and drown (which go together), and the lifeboat accident challenge. I've done the poison/drown three times now and even though the pictures appear during the mission when I finish the challenge it is not unlocked. The same is true for the lifeboat challenge, although I've only completed the mission once with that.

I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable. There doesn't appear to be any information/acknowledgement from Square Enix to say that they are aware of or care about the obvious day one problems.
    However, I finally managed to complete my challenges on the yacht freeform training mission. It seems that the challenge involved you stealing Norfolk's disguise is the cause of the problem. I was using a previous save, wearing his outfit, to do the last 3: poison, drown, lifeboat.

This morning I restarted the mission, sneaked in as a mechanic, changed into the steward's outfit from deck 00 and did a save at that point. From there I went on to do the poison/drown challenge, then reloaded that save and did the lifeboat challenge.

Given it took three attempts to get the Norfolk outfit (private meeting) challenge to unlock I think it's his outfit which is causing the glitch. There are a load of searches I found relating to this.
    E.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I4rHqea5BQ (read comments)
    Last edited by Euler13; 13th Mar 2016 at 17:26.

I noticed this in the Paris mission when loading saves but upon completion of the mission they unlocked anyway. That was with all of the invitation related challenges, all of the Mr. Reaper related ones (including the kill), and the one for the laptop dongle. So roughly 6 challenges failed to appear checked off after loading, but unlocked anyway.

I'm on the final test now and finding the exact same problem. I've just done all the mechanic ones. Just before I hit "End Mission" I check in the challenge list and they're all ticked, I end the mission, check my career, and... they've not saved.

We've all bought big games and due to the sheer size of the game there have been problems which have been fixed one patch at a time. I was one of the few who thought that at least with episodic releases they would get them right, after all they're only working on smaller parts at a time so their entire team can check it out before release. I simply don't have the time to replay missions perfectly over and over again to complete the same challenge. This is a complete shambles and I think I'll put this game to one side until they get it fixed.