Thread: Refund Time

Refund Time

It shouldn't be allowed that there is no mention at all of the online requirement on the steam page...bought on release day and have still not been able to play any of the actual game for these stupid server disconnects!
    Tried offline setting but it's like it reverts back to requiring a connection.
    Single player game bought I don't expect to have to ask permission via your servers just to play what I paid for!

Yeah, even then, offline mode is not recording all your challenges etc
    Which means offline mode = unable to unlock weapons, outfits, ICA stuff

Which makes me.... mad.
    Because my internet is bad, cuts off every 15 minutes, so NO WAY I'm playing that

It's unfortunate but the only way to communicate with square is via there bank account. Shame as I had bought the full game.....got my money back as this kind of thing only gets worse once they reduce support for the game and I want to play it in 5 years time but can't due to lack of servers

Sadly I only realized that when I was beyond the 2 hours limitation to get a refund... because the unlocks only get there once you are in Paris, and I took my sweet time in the tutorial

yep. square enix has lost my business unless they fix this atrocity.

Having all of the games unlockables, which make up a huge chunk of the game, tied to challenges which are inaccessible offline is insane.

Yup- I missed refund, too. It will follow the absolution pattern- everyone goes crazy for two weeks 'It's great, etc' and then they won't be able to shift an episode without addressing the holes. They need to get their skates on, because this is dull after two days. Even on dedicated Hitman Fora people are starting to call it out for its flaws.

Likewise. I found the lack of customization or rewards a bit dull. After 4-5 hours worth of playing I'd completed literally everything the game currently has to offer and just walked away entirely when I found out about the DRM bull- . It's a deplorable and arrogant business practice which I agree we should not support. If Square Enix doesn't respond to the outrage the consumers are vocalizing about this they're certain to lose a huge chunk of business.

I got MS to "downgrade" me from the $60 full game to the $15 intro. It took the sting out some and maybe SE will redeem themselves and get rid of this always online BS and I'll get the full version eventually.

But if not then I'll remember three valuable lessons
    1: Never buy ANY game day 1.
    2: Always buy physical for any AAA title (easier to get full refund that way).
    3: Never buy anything with the SE logo.

Quote Originally Posted by quickzombie View Post
    I want to play it in 5 years time but can't due to lack of servers
    Didn't even think of that, I've been going back having a blast with contracts, blood money, silent assassin. At least you can still play it in 5 years but likely only offline and I'm certain by then there will be 3 new hitman games out and a few more blockbuster movies.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamDiesel View Post
    Didn't even think of that, I've been going back having a blast with contracts, blood money, silent assassin. At least you can still play it in 5 years but likely only offline and I'm certain by then there will be 3 new hitman games out and a few more blockbuster movies.
    Ugh please no lol.

I am so glad I decided to wait for the physical release. I knew this game was going to be a failure, but I never predicted it was gonna be this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig91 View Post
    Ugh please no lol.
    Haha I thought the first one with tim olyphant was alright but didn't bother with the latest one as the trailer looked like some over the top action

Quote Originally Posted by GothamDiesel View Post
    Haha I thought the first one with tim olyphant was alright but didn't bother with the latest one as the trailer looked like some over the top action
    The one with Olyphant was a passable Bourne ripoff, that's as close to a compliment as I'll give it lol. The second one is the first movie I have ever given up watching half way and not returned to finish it. It is terrible

Thumbs Up Sony & PayPal agreed to a full refund.

Hi all.

I know i'm not the only one who has been seeking a refund for this game as i've seen other people demanding refunds on social media. So, i thought i would share my experience and hopefully it will help some of you who are in the same boat as myself.

I tried contacting Square Enix, IO Interactive and the official Hitman account on social media. However, no matter how many times i tried they ignored me. I noticed that they ignore others asking for refunds too. (Funny that, hey?)

I then tried contacting Sony but kept getting a bog standard reply from a bot. I then got through to an actual human at Sony and PayPal in the same day. They both agreed that i was entitled to a full refund on the grounds that game wasn't fit for purpose and that Square Enix and IO Interactive had misled customers about the always online aspect of the game. PayPal, then gave me a full refund under their buyer protection program.

Congratulations...?

We should open a single thread for people to discuss refunds; at this rate, they're popping up like garden weeds and I'm not entirely sure why everyone needs to announce the fact. I mean, I'm happy for those who want refunds that are able to get them, but I really don't need to know about it each time it happens.

People getting refunds reminds me of feminists and vegans; they just have to tell everyone they come across.

(click image to enlarge)

If you eat meat, you don't deserve to live. And if you're not a feminist, there is a special place in hell for you!

Seriously... yes, we don't need a million threads on this. We'll start merging them soon to keep the place tidy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    We should open a single thread for people to discuss refunds; at this rate, they're popping up like garden weeds and I'm not entirely sure why everyone needs to announce the fact. I mean, I'm happy for those who want refunds that are able to get them, but I really don't need to know about it each time it happens.

People getting refunds reminds me of feminists and vegans; they just have to tell everyone they come across.
    Don't forget Crossfit people, they can't help but tell you all about it!

I think you have a very good point, best to put the weeds in one bin.

But, on the other hand, I think it does rather send a message to IOI and SE.
    Only if they look at the forums and see the threads though.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post

*HEART ATTACK*
    "Is there a Doctor in the house?!"
    Vegan: "I'm a vegan!"

-_-

Quote Originally Posted by All_Names_Are_Taken View Post
    Hi all.

I know i'm not the only one who has been seeking a refund for this game as i've seen other people demanding refunds on social media. So, i thought i would share my experience and hopefully it will help some of you who are in the same boat as myself.

I tried contacting Square Enix, IO Interactive and the official Hitman account on social media. However, no matter how many times i tried they ignored me. I noticed that they ignore others asking for refunds too. (Funny that, hey?)

I then tried contacting Sony but kept getting a bog standard reply from a bot. I then got through to an actual human at Sony and PayPal in the same day. They both agreed that i was entitled to a full refund on the grounds that game wasn't fit for purpose and that Square Enix and IO Interactive had misled customers about the always online aspect of the game. PayPal, then gave me a full refund under their buyer protection program.
    Tickle_Monster, is that you?...

Quote Originally Posted by doom-generation View Post
    *HEART ATTACK*
    "Is there a Doctor in the house?!"
    Vegan: "I'm a vegan!"

-_-

It's so unfortunately true.

(click image to enlarge)