Thread: Losing Connection to Hitman Servers

Losing Connection to Hitman Servers

Please can u fix it so when i lose connection to your servers i dont get forced to the main menu when in a mission its utterly retarted

Agreed.

I can't even stay connected. Every time I start the mission, I'm disconnected and forced back to the main menu. Can't even increase my Paris mastery offline. Absolute BS.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Agreed.

I can't even stay connected. Every time I start the mission, I'm disconnected and forced back to the main menu. Can't even increase my Paris mastery offline. Absolute BS.
    Yeah, this is what I was afraid of. It makes no sense to have challenges, and in turn mastery, tied to the server. We can't progress at all offline. Surely the smart move would be to have all of that be available offline? That way the core experience is still playable without being connected.

What happens when the servers are shut down? Most of the game becomes inaccessible.

The server problems we're experiencing are obviously just a little launch hiccup, easily fixable no doubt. But I think challenges and mastery need to be made offline features. For the good of the game's longevity, if not to actually make it playable during down time.

There is absolutely NO reason why single player content should require an online connection. Leaderboards, elusive contracts and community challenges obviously require you to be online but this BS of requiring a connection to servers which are under the publishers control to play a single player game needs to die and fast.

There is a reason why MS decided to scrap the xbox one "always online" requirement. Hopefully SE takes makes a similar change or this will be the last title I ever purchase from them.

Easily fixable? That's why we're still getting kicked and as of 5 hours ago IO interactive stopped replying on Twitter. If it's so easy they should fix it already!!

Yep, can't even connect in the main menu. First time I tried it took me around 5-6 tries. This is unacceptable, especially since this is a single player game.
    And I don't think it would be too much of a problem to be able to transfer offline challenges etc. to the online profile, wouldn't it?

As I said in another thread: After being extremely optimistic after the beta, the current state of things made me regret buying it.

This is terrible. Im on ps4. It doesn't matter how great the game is, there are way too many issues with the online content. Connecting to hitman servers is such a random event. I never know if I'm able to play the stuff I wanna play when I sit down and switch on the game. This is a horrible user experience. IOI please fix this

Quote Originally Posted by SaiTangHuang View Post
    This is a horrible user experience.
    Getting kicked from online wouldn't be the problem (why we need online anyway?!) The Problem is that you can't load a "Online"-Save offline

Right there with you folks.. I made it halfway through the very first mission, took my time and scoped out the whole venue, took out the first target, then the game disconnects due to Hitman Server Issues.

Ok... So I decide lemme just go into Offline mode and pick up where I left off.. LULZ NOPE!!! When I started the level in Offline mode it started autosaving over my Online mode save slots! Then when the servers inevitibaly went back online 30 mins later GUESS WAT? I couldn't drag my Offline progress over to the online mode.. Nope had to start another brand new playthrough on the map....

Ok So they got the servers fixed, yay! I start the fresh new Online game and... 10 minutes in Servers Down.. Try again - 5 minutes in; Servers are Down...... This is a SINGLE PLAYER GAME. Wth is happening game devs in 2016?? Has everyones logic also been stored in some cloud?

I got kicked out twice while making a pretty cool contract. Pissing me off to no end...

Yep, once I finished the prologue and the "final test", I haven't been able to re-connect since. So I can't play the Paris mission unless I play offline, which means not progression, no challenges, no unlocks...

Piss poor performance, Io.

We're looking into these issues and getting all feedback on it. We're constantly monitoring all of the server activity and fixing issues as they appear. Thank you for your continued patience as we investigate the issues.

Just please when the game disconnects, give us the "retry" button. So we can try to recconect and continue online. Forcing us to main menu, even if connection becomes available again is really annoying.

YouTube video pretty much nails it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4eUkSQUTm0

Quote Originally Posted by Travis_IO View Post
    We're looking into these issues and getting all feedback on it. We're constantly monitoring all of the server activity and fixing issues as they appear. Thank you for your continued patience as we investigate the issues.
    There shouldn't be a need to monitor server activity for a single player game. Why make it a requirement to be connected in order to enjoy the base game in the first place? This is a problem that shouldn't even exist for a game like this. And what happens in 5 or 10 years when the servers are taken down for good? It means this game will eventually be completely unplayable. Thanks for killing off your own game.

Pro-tip: The most important part of any game is being able to actually play it.

Number of days I have owned the game - 3

Number of days the servers have worked - 0

For a single player game that is absolutely ridiculous.

It's been 4 days since the release of the game.Why developers do not correct the problem,and just keep silent?

Maybe they're trying to unlock the "Silent developers" achievement

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrazyHeadGamer View Post
    Maybe they're trying to unlock the "Silent developers" achievement
    By assassinating the Hitman franchise?

This is exactly the same cut and paste excuse/response posted to people on twitter! Kind of sums this situation up!

Or you can just remove the stupid online DRM that shouldn`t have been there in the first place? Or make it possible to unlock stuff when you are playing offline.

I can play the game, but cannot use SAVE. Is this also a server-issue? I'm Playstation 4 user.

I see the servers for the game are down again, at least for Xbox One, as I have not been able to connect at all for the last hour or so.

I am getting very tempted to just delete this game and use the space for a game that actually works.