Thread: How long till we get our rewards?

How long till we get our rewards?

How long till we get our rewards?

5v5 banners - waiting for over a month.

Sentinel Sonic Boom ability? (could be wrong about that one) - people have been waiting longer for this i believe?

Golden Shotgun for the Beastmaster - last seasons reward and not released because of delay on Beastmaster.

While im at it, whats the delay with the release of the Beastmaster? Its been delayed a long time now...

Whats going on Psyonix? feel like your offering us rewards to play then not completing your end of the deal, how is it reasonable to keep your players hanging like this?

Its like going to the shop for some milk and the guy behind the counter going, ill deliver it in a month.... maybe....

Whats going on Psyonix? feel like your offering us rewards to play then not completing your end of the deal, how is it reasonable to keep your players hanging like this?
    its not that simple
    and do not forget that this game is FREE TO PLAY not only that but they are giving away 10 000 $ almost every month (which is a bad move instead of that they should hire more ppl)
    they can give you all that if you dont find it being bugged as hell (probably)
    but IMO it was a bad move of them to keep all this stuff in one update
    it would be better if the updates where more consistent and smaller so the players have something to keep them interested in playing
    as for me i stopped playing just because of lack of updates

Originally Posted by Duflux
    I'm wondering about this one as well. It's probably delayed for the same reason as the things below.

Sentinel Sonic Boom ability? (could be wrong about that one) - people have been waiting longer for this i believe?

Golden Shotgun for the Beastmaster - last seasons reward and not released because of delay on Beastmaster.

While im at it, whats the delay with the release of the Beastmaster? Its been delayed a long time now...
    These are all planned to be released with the patch that releases the Beastmaster (the reason for this is quite obvious for the latter two). This patch has been delayed a few times, first because some bugs were found and later because these bugs proved a lot more work to solve than initially anticipated. Last I heard about this was a few days ago (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...38#post2201338), it is still going to take a few weeks to fix these bugs, maybe even longer.
    I agree with their decision to postpone the patch until those bugs are fixed btw (although it's a pity the things not related to the Beastmaster are delayed too (like pinging a corpse), but it is probably a lot of work to make a seperate release without the Beastmaster content. If they had known beforehand about these tough bugs (which is very hard to predict), I think they would have released it seperately).

What happens is, many programmers have their own copies of the code base and edit independently and then when they're ready to submit their changes to the main version that we get, they have to use a tool to compare the two or more versions of the file amd create a new one with both programmer's changes. Once a lot of changes have been made to the same file, it gets really difficult to separate one person's changes from another's and the tool can no longer figure it out. So if features that work get mixed in with ones that don't the programmer has to manually separate out the parts that don't work. That can take almost as long as adding the features in the first place, so sometimes it's easier to just keep going with fixes rather than trying to remove the broken feature and start over again.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Informative non angry responses, i like it

Thanks for that and you guys working at Psyonix are doing a great job, dont forget that, we the dwindling lords of Nosgoth salute you.

Informative non angry responses, i like it

Thanks for that and you guys working at Psyonix are doing a great job, dont forget that, we the dwindling lords of Nosgoth salute you.
    FYI, I don't work for Psyonix, but I do work in games development, so I have a good idea what would generally happen.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Too bad we don't have an ETA...although truth be told it's hard to say when you'll fix a bug.

Its like going to the shop for some milk and the guy behind the counter going, ill deliver it in a month.... maybe....
    5v5 banners - Coming alongside the next update which has been delayed by bugfixing.

Sonic Boom, Shotgun, Beastmaster - All part of the next update which has been delayed by bugfixing.

So, basically, it's delayed by bugfixing. The wait seems interminable, we all know, but you should probably check up on the announcements forum time to time. The initial delay period stated (up to two weeks) gave them until...I think March 13th?...To fix it all up but they've admitted it might run longer.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    The initial delay period stated (up to two weeks) gave them until...I think March 13th?...To fix it all up but they've admitted it might run longer.
    http://prntscr.com/ad8kfm

Like he says, "A matter of days rather than weeks" gave them up about 2 weeks of time to get it out, putting the date at the 23th of Februari. So now, almost 3 weeks later, I think it is pretty valid to start questioning where the update is, especially since it contains the prizes of 2 league seasons... :/

Originally Posted by River_
    http://prntscr.com/ad8kfm
    So now, almost 3 weeks later, I think it is pretty valid to start questioning where the update is
    There we go.

It sucks a lot that we still don't have the update (and to top it off, servers seem to be lagging and are more unstable).

But bugs are tricky...sometimes you think it can be fixed in a few hours, but ends up taking days; and others you think it's a week's worth of investigation and effort to fix, but fix in a day.

This is one of the cases where they were optimistic and thought it was a fast fix...turns out the bugs are more severe/hard than imagined (they seem to be avoiding to talk about it).
    It could be even that they were forced to roll-back to a stable version and are redoing most of the update while carefully testing to see if the bugs remain.

Update today??

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=642173441

Got a "Server Maintenance" error screen today when trying to launch Nosgoth... so is the long-awaited update finally here??

EDIT: nvm it's just maintenance and no patch according to http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...54#post2201954

This is good news, at least Nosgoth might be playable again (almost everyone was getting lag and kicks and couldn't play a stable match).

Correct; we had server maintenance only; no update was released. Sorry about the confusion! By the way, if the servers are working better for you, let us know. Always good to get that feedback of how it turned out for the community in general.
    Psyonix Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    By the way, if the servers are working better for you, let us know. Always good to get that feedback of how it turned out for the community in general.
    There's no improvement to the lag I mentioned in the bugs forum. The ping is fine, but it's almost like I'm back on my laptop that couldn't meet the requirements.

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    But bugs are tricky...
    Bugfixing in action: http://imgur.com/pQe94lw

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Bugfixing in action: http://imgur.com/pQe94lw
    Hahaha, not that far from the truth...gotta be really careful.