Thread: Gamestop UK Requiem Blood Money Pack

Gamestop UK Requiem Blood Money Pack

I always read that preorders will receive the "Requiem Blood Money Pack". It sounds like that would include all preorders on all platforms, any edition and from any retailer.

I want to order the Collector's Edition on PS4 at Gamestop UK because it's the cheapest there. Since they haven't mentioned this pack as a pre order bonus I got in contact with them. They said that they won't be offering it.

GAME.co.uk don't mention it in text but in picture form, same goes for Square Enix Store UK. Amazon UK mentions it both in text and picture.

Now I'm starting to wonder how exactly will this pack be given to people who preordered? Does the retailer send you an email, will it be a part of the download code for the game or is there maybe a separate code inside the box (for the CE)? I'm rather confused about all this...

Maybe someone can shed some light on this?

EDIT: I have contacted Amazon UK and I was told that the Requiem pack would be included in the box itself. If that's the case then how is this a pre order bonus? Wouldn't I receive it just the same if I were to buy it after release? Plus I'd assume that any retailer selling the CE would have that pack included as well.

Maybe that's why Gamestop UK told me that they won't be offering this, since technically they aren't offering a separate pre order bonus. Instead it's included in the actual box itself, which they might not know. Assuming Amazon UK is correct...

Ugh... where did the times go when we just bought a game, played it and that was it?

EDIT 2: Just noticed that Amazon US mentions this as well. "Codes will be packed in game, and received when the game releases."
    Last edited by PsVitaCyrus; 4th Mar 2016 at 23:15.

Quote Originally Posted by PsVitaCyrus View Post
    EDIT: I have contacted Amazon UK and I was told that the Requiem pack would be included in the box itself. If that's the case then how is this a pre order bonus? Wouldn't I receive it just the same if I were to buy it after release? Plus I'd assume that any retailer selling the CE would have that pack included as well.

EDIT 2: Just noticed that Amazon US mentions this as well. "Codes will be packed in game, and received when the game releases."
    As far as I know, without pre-ordering, you would get a version without the DLC. We did that at GameStop a few times; with Day One editions, if a customer came in to purchase the game without pre-ordering, they would get a copy of the generic version, not the Day One edition. However, that was only if there were two versions (Day One and generic retail.)

It could be the same in this case. They could have an inventory of collector's editions for those who didn't pre-order and it lacks the DLC code. But it's just as likely it isn't, because there have been many games to advertise pre-order bonuses that were actually packaged with the game, where pre-ordering wasn't necessary.

I'd say 50/50. But if you've already pre-ordered it, who cares? It's an awesome piece of DLC that every HITMAN fan should have.

(click image to enlarge)

Thank you for your reply

I went ahead and preordered from Gamestop UK since at the time it was only 89.97 GBP instead of the usual 109.99 GBP. It was a bit of a risk but I was willing to take it for 20 pounds less.

Received it today and I can confirm that, at least in my case, the Requiem Blood Money pack is inside the sealed box itself. I've watched a few unboxing videos on YouTube and it seems to be the same for others, although there was one that didn't seem to have it. Not sure why exactly and I can't say if the person commented on the matter because he wasn't speaking English nor German.

Oh and the code for the Full Experience of the game also included a static Hitman theme, which is different from the one that is available for PS Plus members as of today (UK at least).