Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: League Beta 6.0 steps forth from the darkness

League Beta 6.0 steps forth from the darkness

League Beta 6.0 steps forth from the darkness

(click image to enlarge)

Want to see how your Nosgoth skills compare to the rest of the world? Like winning profile borders, keys, in-game gear and maybe even cash prizes? Then Nosgoth Leagues are for you! Here, your skills will be put to the test as you face some of the stiffest competition to be found across the world of Nosgoth. Compare your prowess to the rest in the world via global rankings, or maybe just focus on beating your friends. That one friend who insists he could 1v1 you but never takes you up on your challenge? With Leagues, you can get a good idea of whether or not he’s blowing hot air.

During the League Beta, we are trialing different League configurations to see which work the best, and which you guys like the most; before moving into the fully live Nosgoth Leagues Season 1 (as opposed to Nosgoth Leagues Beta).

League Beta 6.0:
    As the Nosgoth League Beta series has progressed, we have experimented with a wide variety of League configurations. During the last few League betas, we have begun to hone in on the format that the majority of players seem to appreciate, which is great! One suggestion that we've seen from many League players is to increase the minimum level required to compete in Nosgoth Leagues. We've taken that feedback on board and have increased the mimimum level required to enter Leagues from level 10 to level 15. That approximately doubles the playtime required to unlock access to Nosgoth Leagues. With this change in place, we will be looking to see how it impacts the Leagues throughout a season.

This season will utilise the following format:

• 24/7 League – There are no limitations to League play times, compete whenever you want!
    • Minimum Level 15 - Players must be at least level 15 to access Nosgoth Leagues
    • 4v4 – While 5v5 TDM was very warmly received, 4v4 is where the heart of competitive Nosgoth lays.
    • Max Party Size 2 – Grab a friend and jump onto the battlefield
    • 1 Month Duration – Season 6.0 will last for approximately 1 month - Starting on March 1st and running until the 31st of March (inclusive)
    • Age – Not for little Humans: As Nosgoth is a mature game, participants must of course be at least 18 years of age to play and compete.
    • Terms and Conditions - You can check out the Terms & Conditions HERE, you must agree to these terms in-game in order to be eligible for prizing.

The Spoils of War
    Featuring a new $10,000 prize pool for the season, League Beta 6.0 retains the same prize structure as seasons gone by. Whether you want to climb to the mightiest heights of the Eternal tier, or simply fight through the Leagues while having a good time with friends, we've got you covered. Cash prizing will be distributed in the following fashion:

This season’s Blood tier prize is an exclusive Nosgoth Leagues variant of the base Tyrant's Armour skin. These most devoted of Tyrants have demonstrated their dedication to high skilled compeition by permanently marking themselves with a Nosgoth Leagues symbol on the right side of their chest. Should you make it into the Blood tier or above, you too will have irrefutable proof of your hard earned exploit.

Join the fight today!
    Signing up to the League is as simple as loading up Nosgoth, getting to at least level 15; and agreeing to the League Terms and Conditions (if you haven’t done so during previous League Beta seasons). With that done, you’ll want to jump into League matches to start racking up those points and climbing the leaderboard.

We know you guys are likely eager to see the Nosgoth Leagues Tryant, we're working hard to get a picture of him to you early next week. In the meantime, we would love to know whether or not you're happy to see an increase to the minimum required level to participate in Leagues? Let us know below!

FAQ
    How will monetary prizes be delivered?

PayPal will be the primary method, although those who cannot use PayPal will be able to provide us with your bank account details.

We’re working in conjunction with the fine folks over at ESL to get the monetary prizes to the top 100 players. You’ll receive an email from Square Enix once the season is over with further steps to take.

When will I receive my prize?
    All in-game prizing is typically delivered approximately a week after the season ends.

Cash prizes take approximately one and a half months to deliver. This is to provide ESL with enough time to contact you for the account details into which your winnings will be sent, and the processing of the payments to take place.

Where is Sonic Boom, my League Beat 4.0 prize?
    Sonic Boom will be released alongside Nosgoth's next game update !

What about my beautiful golden Beastermaster shotgun?
    That will be delivered to your inventory as soon as the Beastmaster is released.
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 1st Mar 2016 at 15:55.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

OMG so soon ??

How come the the humans get awesome bloody survivor skins, but vampires only get colour variants? Virtually all the Tyrant skins are recolours. Is it due to to most of the 3D artists working on other classes? Will you look into new vampire meshes after the Beastmaster and new vampire class are out of the way?

+1 about starting a league so soon. We needed a break! I wanted to play flashpoint/CTB play with my friends instead of getting raged at by players I have no business being matched with.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 1st Mar 2016 at 16:17.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

NO!
    REMOVE THIS
    NOW!

Have you not listened to anything we said about League? I hate the fact that it even exists, but if it HAS TO, WHY NOT ACTUALLY USE THE FEEDBACK AND DEVELOP IT?
    You just make us jump through the same broken hoop each month.

And you are asking yourself, why there is so much negativity here.
    We are screaming at you each time, and you just stuff bananas in your ears and ignore everything we say.
    Thanks a lot.
    If not for ESL (which you don't seem to support either), I'd have left this game half a year ago...

Seriously stooooooooooooooop with the leagues D:

Atleast give us a moment to rest and steel ourselves for another month of flagellation

^^What this guy said!
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Agreed with all of the above...
    Seriously, it has been 6 hours between league seasons, with no sign of anything else to do on top! I'd welcome a week or two of having capture the body, or flashpoint, or even something new, instead of the non-stop league grind.
    Before anyone says league is optional, the fact that the majority of players get dragged in to league also affects the playerbase for non-league players in the only alternative to league... TDM!!! Which essentially is more of the same.

Please please please, some variation, and sign that the game is expanding and fleshing itself out, not flogging the bones of the dead horse! However I would concede some of my attitude, if there happens to be a good reason for this rush!

Originally Posted by Henniuss
    Before anyone says league is optional, the fact that the majority of players get dragged in to league also affects the playerbase for non-league players in the only alternative to league... TDM!!!
    I was so looking forward to fun games... I guess nope

wow... Imo the league is bad in every signle aspect (and i won money in every league but still i would like to see removed all the cash for league).. people are 10x time more toxic, its so difficoult to find scrims, games are less funny. But if you want to play the game you are basically forced to play league. But you already had tons of feedback about it and you took your decision already.

We needed at least a break from this.

Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos
    But if you want to play the game you are basically forced to play league.
    Except you are a well known ESL Player and streamer... then everyone just dodges you that is good enough to be in your MMR range and actually be matched against you.
    I know, its the first time you receive this feedback.. maybe if you have a minute.. get on that..
    or.. y'know... just remove this abomination of a mode?
    Whenever you're ready.. no rush

League Beta 6.0 steps forth from the darkness...where it should have stayed...
    U guys are making the same mistakes over and over again, not listening to the community!
    The old grind/frustration game just stopped and everyone was hoping for fun TDM rounds, but no! U guys needed to start the new season right away... also an increase of 5 level for minimum level required to join leagues? what the? u think 5 lvls will keep the feeding newbies away? nope...
    another thing, if u give out special prices like skins, dont make them damn reskins of skins we already have! What reason is there to grind away hours of frustration for such a low price?
    rly disappointing...

Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos
    omg -_- I don't even know what to say about this. Imo the league for me is bad in every signle aspect (and i won money in every league bnut still i would like to see removed all the cash for league).. people are 10x time more toxic, its so difficoult to find scrims, games are less funny. But if you want to play the game you are basically forced to play league. But you already had tons of feedback about it and you took your decision already.

We needed at least a break from this.
    I actually think leagues should only have cash/runestone rewards and the in game prizes should be for monthly challenges in other modes. The players who rage most are the ones most used to playing for cash in extremely high level of skill and only get mad when casuals try to join in. However casuals know they don't have a chance of winning the cash, so they wouldn't bother with league if not for the in game prizes. It's better to encourage elites to play league and everyone else to stick to ordinary matches.

**For the purposes of this post I'm using casual to refer to anyone who doesn't normally reach the top of leaderboards or compete in professional tournaments.**
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 1st Mar 2016 at 17:13.

Hey, if you guys are so generous as to keep this league thing going on, why not just take a break, and throw that money in ESL competitive play. Maybe it will grow...

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    The players who rage most are the ones most used to playing for cash in extremely high level of skill and only get mad when casuals try to join in. However casuals know they don't have a chance of winning the cash, so they wouldn't bother with league if not for the in game prizes.
    If they wanted that, there is an App for that! It#s called ESL
    Hell, they could just invent their own League.
    not this ingame League garbage.

Originally Posted by itsRagnaros
    Hey, if you guys are so generous as to keep this league thing going on, why not just take a break, and throw that money in ESL competitive play. Maybe it will grow...
    Exactly.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    If they wanted that, there is an App for that! It#s called ESL
    Hell, they could just invent their own League.
    not this ingame League garbage.
    They should play ESL. I'm not sure why they don't. Maybe it's not advertised well enough or not on often enough or they can't get a regular team together or assume the sign up process is too complicated or maybe they just think they're better than they are. I've never looked any of this stuff up because I know I'm not good enough to compete at that level. I think league would be better off modeled on something closer to ESL anyway.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 1st Mar 2016 at 17:56.

NOOOOOOOOO, not league again.

I WANT FP or CTB BACK. PFFFFF.
    signature image
    The descent had destroyed me... and yet I lived.

League Beta 6.0 steps forth from the corporate office

(click image to enlarge)

Want to see how your free time compares to the rest of the world? Like grinding profile borders, keys, in-game gear and maybe even cash prizes? Then Nosgoth Leagues are for you! Here, your patience will be put to the test as you face quitters, crashes, disconnects, failure to reconnect to league matches, and some of the greenest and stacked competition to be found across the world of Nosgoth. Compare your queue dodging prowess to the rest in the world via Steam players in-game, or maybe just focus on beating that one guy who goes AFK every match but doesn't seem to get kicked or banned. That one guy who insists he could 1v1 you but never takes you up on your challenge? With Leagues, you can get a good idea of how much smack he'll talk when he's 3 and 10.

During the League Beta, we are trialing different League configurations to see which work the best, and which you guys like the most; before moving into the fully live Nosgoth Leagues Season 1 (as opposed to Nosgoth Leagues Beta).

League Beta 6.0:
    As the Nosgoth League Beta series has progressed, we have experimented with a wide variety of League configurations. During the last few League betas, we have begun to hone in on the format that the majority of players seem to appreciate, which is great! One suggestion that we've seen from many League players is to increase the minimum level required to compete in Nosgoth Leagues. We've taken that feedback on board and have increased the minimum level required to enter Leagues from level 10 to level 15. That approximately doubles the playtime required to unlock access to Nosgoth Leagues. With this change in place, we will be looking to see how it impacts the Leagues throughout a season.

This season will utilize the following format:

• 24/7 League – There are no limitations to League play times, compete whenever you want! Grind to your hearts content!
    • Minimum Level 15 - Players must be at least level 15 to access Nosgoth Leagues, just enough time to think about setting up new key bindings.
    • 4v4 – While 5v5 TDM was very warmly received, 4v4 is where the heart of competitive Nosgoth lays.
    • Max Party Size 2 – Grab a friend, jump onto the battlefield, and get weighted down by matchmaking rating determining it's your turn to lose the match.
    • 1 Month Duration – Season 6.0 will last for approximately 1 month - Starting on March 1st and running until the 31st of March (inclusive). 400 to 700 matches is the recommended number to play to be at the top of Eternal.
    • Age – Not for little Humans: As Nosgoth is a mature game, participants must of course be at least 18 years of age to play and compete. Adults are welcome to engage in toxic and team crippling behavior, as long as YOU DON'T EXIT MATCHES, unless you exit a match and rejoin. Then everyone is free to bail with a minimum point loss.
    • Terms and Conditions - You can check out the Terms & Conditions HERE, you must agree to these terms in-game in order to be eligible for prizing.

The Spoils of War
    Featuring a new $10,000 prize pool for the season, League Beta 6.0 retains the same prize structure as seasons gone by. Whether you want to climb to the mightiest heights of the Eternal tier, or simply fight through the Leagues while having a good time with friends, we've got you covered. Cash prizing will be distributed in the following fashion:

This season’s Blood tier prize is an exclusive Nosgoth Leagues variant of the base Tyrant's Armour skin. These most devoted of Tyrants have demonstrated their dedication to high skilled compeition by permanently marking themselves with a Nosgoth Leagues symbol on the right side of their chest. Should you make it into the Blood tier or above, you too will have irrefutable proof of your hard earned exploit.

Join the fight today!
    Signing up to the League is as simple as loading up Nosgoth, getting to at least level 15; and agreeing to the League Terms and Conditions (if you haven’t done so during previous League Beta seasons). With that done, you’ll want to jump into League matches to start racking up those points and climbing the leaderboard.

We know you guys are likely eager to see the Nosgoth Leagues Tryant, we're working hard to get a picture of him to you early next week. In the meantime, we would love to know whether or not you're happy to see an increase to the minimum required level to participate in Leagues? Let us know below!

League Beta 7.0
    League Beta 7.0 will begin within 2 - 3 hours of the closing of League Beta 6.0. At that time, we'll be running an Easter even with a chance to find Colored Chests as loot after the end of a match in TDM or Leagues. These chests will contain one furry-suited version of each human class, a pastel skin of each vampire class, and weapons and specials with a brand new rainbow effect! They can be opened with Marshmallow Keys bought from the store.

The sadest and funniest satire I've seen for quite a while, that said I would actually love the rainbow themed chests with marshmallow keys and would buy a stupid amount of em xD

Okay, I am going to add my voice to that of the ENTIRE COMMUNITY!

Do not do this league. Please. Just blow it off right now. Why?

We need a break from league. It is toxic as *, and the only reason (for me) to play it is to get nice league prices.
    But the league price is not even nice this time... Really, from what I can read it is literally just the base tyrant skin with a tattoo..
    Where did the sweet bloody survivor skins go? The creative shield? Hell, even a ancient vampire skin would be nice. But ever since 2 seasons ago you guys got lazy, with just an fx and a golden reskin... Really?

Don't get me wrong. The only reason I am mad is because I care. I want to have something to fight for, I want to have a challenge getting high in blood. But this is just not worth it!

So to sum up some points:

-Good job on the level increase. Keep it going, I'll be happy when the cap is lvl 35.
    -Find a way so that point distribution is fair. This has been said since league 2-3, and if your team is bad, you still suffer from it.
    -To continue with the point above: Why the hell do high-ranked players lose way more than they gain? I get that people should keep winning in order to gain points, but losing 4 points for one loss while only gaining +1 for a win? Nope...
    -Give us a break inbetween leagues. Really, ranked is not fun. At all.. So give us something more 'casual' inbetween those (ctb or cp would work perfectly here)
    -Make prizes actually worth winning. No repaints, no 'Nosgoths league symbol', we want a nice, cool new skin.
    -About prizes worth winning: Increase the amount of keys given by 5 times. 2-3 keys are pretty useless, considering 85% of the time you only get 'a epic uncanny item, wow!'
    -I do want to say nice job on keeping the 2 man party, that is one of the few good things about league.

Now, take this league season down before it starts, and start working on the points I and others mentioned, before league becomes a joke... (which it kinda already is)

A week guys!
    Last edited by Bazielim; 1st Mar 2016 at 19:27. Reason: merged consecutive posts

I'm not one for posting comments on the forums but I just wanted to show my reaction to this season:

NO GOD PLEASE NO!

Everyone was looking forwards to a break from leagues so we could play some games that are actually fun instead of needing to grind a stupid amount of games to get into blood or eternal. Stop shoving ranked at us, take the time to make the changes we've been asking for ever since leagues was first introduces, remove the cash prizes from a BETA and then maybe it won't be so hell-ish.

Seriously. No. Give us a break from hell instead pls.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    How come the the humans get awesome bloody survivor skins, but vampires only get colour variants? Virtually all the Tyrant skins are recolours. Is it due to to most of the 3D artists working on other classes? Will you look into new vampire meshes after the Beastmaster and new vampire class are out of the way?

+1 about starting a league so soon. We needed a break! I wanted to play flashpoint/CTB play with my friends instead of getting raged at by players I have no business being matched with.
    Where did you see the tyrant?

Psyonix, Square Enix, u see how the WHOLE community doesnt want league to come back for AT LEAST a month? pls, now u have the time and opportunity to prove us that you can read and respect our opinion, cancel this league right now!
    Dont wait a week to read our comments on this grindhell, do something now, end the tormenting now! while its not too late...

no one is forced to play ranked. and to believe they fix anything broken is kinda stubborn when almost nothing changed in 8 or 9 seasons if you count the alpha ones too

Originally Posted by kLauE187
    no one is forced to play ranked.
    You're not forced to, yes, but I don't agree with that sentiment.
    The matchmaking takes long enough already, splitting the pool doesn't make it easier.
    This means if you want to play at all in a reasonable timeframe, you have to play ranked.
    That means, you have to put up with unbalanced teams and, as is part of human nature, eventhough you despise it, losing and not getting to the prizes - even if you don't care about them - is annoying.

What annoys me most, to be honest, is the discrepancy of prizes between ESL and Ranked.
    I'm not saying I wan't to get payed for playing my favorite game. What I am baffled by, however, is that I earned more money in one excruiciatingly painful month than during the 1 1/2 years I played ESL.
    There's something about that that makes me cringe.

I'll hold off judgement til I have seen the skin; but why the base skin, this has to be third time it's been altered? Make one with the alternate skins like the gilded colossus or Imperial guard, anything other than the same skin over and over again.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last