Thread: League Beta 6.0 steps forth from the darkness

League Beta 6.0 steps forth from the darkness

  1. #51
    Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    It´s not about if you care about us or not, moderators will always intervene if there are any rules broken, regardless of the reason for breaking.
    Okay, we get your point. Excuse me for swearing in my previous post, but it really just came as quite the shock. However, I do think we made our point: We do not want this league season now.

    So without cursing/yelling/screaming any further, can we get this done? Because if they will take a week to respond, I can pretty much predict they will be like: Ooh, but a lot of people already got some points, we can not blow this off now.

    Pretty please, a fast (official) response now would be nice.

  2. #52
    Stop the leagues now, please. I have been grinding whole month on the last league. And I need a little break from it. It's a toxic place where you are being flamed by novices for bad carry. Good players flaming novices for being bad(me too sometimes). A lot of bugs from I lose points for nothing, which is annoying as hell. Please give me a little break. Delay this league.Reward isn't worth this time in the league, just recolored tyrant skin... Are you kidding me? Please make a better proposal for the players on this league and time to get rest from previous league. It's not CoD, this game ain't easy to play. So any ranked takes a lot of effort from player. Repeating once more STOP this RANKED.

  3. #53
    It is quite interesting that the community is throwing all this feedback. I might understand that the developers are quite busy with all the new stuff and removing the bugs from the game, but Psyonix/Square Enix should hire more people to look into the community feedback and/or establish quick and effective communication channels with the product managers and developers to react to all this feedback as soon and best as possible. Otherwise, many players will continue leaving Nosgoth.

    I think leagues are important for Nosgoth, as the rewards are normally a good reason for players for coming back to the game and spending more time on it, thus incrementing the players' pool. And of course that is good for the game because decreases the time to find a match and you have more chances to get a more balanced game.

    You can see a common word in almost all the negative feedback about the leagues: people grinding points like there was no tomorrow. And yes, there is a solution for this: something like the points pool that existed before, and after you have won X league games in the same day you do not obtain that many points with each win. This way you assure that the people come back to play every day, but also balance that people with 300 matches and 30% winrate are in higher positions than people with 70% winrate and 100 matches.

    After that, the big problem is people having a bad time playing and raging about having bad teammates and thus losing points. The big issue is the scoring system. The score should not be just based on wins/losses, we are talking about a game in which cooperation IS KEY, so that should be taken into account in the score. Instead of just takedowns/damage, the score should be also weighted on how good you are using your class+loadout and what you achieve with it
    . So if the leagues scoring system was a bit more based on this than random wins/losses that depend a lot on who you are paired with (let's face it, there are many times that it doesn't matter how good you are, you just can't carry a guy with 2/15 and 4k damage in the whole match if your teammates are not as skilled as the opponents or if the other team is decent), there will be no raging, but people actually trying to hit those bolas/hexes/knockdowns/abducts/etc which are the important thing and might change the curse of a game instead of just people running around emptying their crossbows trying to get one more kill.

    I understand this would take a long time until developed, but at least take into account this case: Losing a match in which you had bad teammates but still you have one of the best scores in game (including the players of the winning team) should not substract points from you, or at least substract less points than the teammates that weren't able to help to make the win.

    Edit: After writing all of this I see it complements what Da_Wolv said here about the points algorithm: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...51#post2201051
    Last edited by eldavimost; 2nd Mar 2016 at 15:24.

  4. #54
    Originally Posted by SirSleepALot
    And I'm here like.

    I find that sort of relatable. XD

    To be completely honest, my experience in ranked has been, for the most part, exactly the same as normal TDM. There's some toxicity, but there always is, even in casual. The annoying parts of ranked which is mostly bad matchmaking is still bad in normal TDM. At the end of the day, you really don't have to grind to the top. Let other people get the monies. For the blood reward I personally needed 50-60 games depending on season, which I don't actually think is that unreasonable.

    However, all the feedback is valid. Cash prizes are unnecessary, matchmaking is bad, point distribution is not transparent and feels unfair at times. Crashes and disconnects are too frequent. And yes, we could do with a break during which some variety could be introduced. Remember Flashpoint? Heard of it from your gran? Yeah, I'd play that for a change.

    I wouldn't call for leagues to be discontinued though, that's too much.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    26
    I thought about this last night. I didn't check any dev responses yet. But they probably put the league out so quickly so they don't patch it in the middle. With a drastic change like a probably over tuned beastmaster coming out in the middle of the league with cash and prizes on the line, there would be a massive backlash. The other option would be to delay the league until after the patch which would not only delay leagues but also involve an untested human character (again probably overtuned.)They went with the easiest option for us. Put out league without many changes, gave them time to update the patch, and give us plenty of time to test and whine about the beast master after. A week in between leagues would only delay content to us.

  6. #56
    @SirSleepALot @Ysanoire, I think most of us just play for the prizes, not for the pleasure of grinding through endless mismatched games where we either get flamed by toxic players or completely pulverized if everybody hasn't quit before it got to that stage.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  7. #57
    Originally Posted by crutchie
    They went with the easiest option for us. Put out league without many changes, gave them time to update the patch, and give us plenty of time to test and whine about the beast master after. A week in between leagues would only delay content to us.
    Yeah, but this is exactly why they should wait for longer than a week. They said themselves that adjusting to the new meta would take about 2 weeks. So release the update early in March, give us the entire month to re-make the Meta, and THEN put out league. We all seriously could do with a month of casual-ness. And if they want to give us something special to do, then put out either of the 2 developing gamemodes. We do not care that they are unbalanced (yet), because it is fun! So then a possibly OP BM will not be a problem as well.

  8. #58
    Originally Posted by eldavimost
    The score should not be just based on wins/losses, we are talking about a game in which cooperation IS KEY, so that should be taken into account in the score. Instead of just takedowns/damage, the score should be also weighted on how good you are using your class+loadout and what you achieve with it
    too hard and expensive. for first iteration enough standard parameters (takedowns, final blows, deaths, dmg, support and executions).

  9. #59
    Hi everyone,

    Sorry about taking a little while to respond, we've been discussing your feedback today in between other meatings and tasks that need to be attended to. This thread contains some of the clearest feedback that we've received in quite some time. Thank you for that.

    The original idea with Nosgoth Leagues was to eventually have them running 24/7 (there would be a few hours of downtime between each season while data from the previous seasons was processed and the new season was prepped).

    Why?
    It's fairly straightforward really. We have a larger number of unique players playing more regularly, and for longer periods of time when Leagues are live. While ranked play may be more stressful for some (particularly those seeking to climb ever higher in Eternal), it's also more engaging for the majority of players out there. There are absolutely elements that we need to fix, but the majority of the playerbase seems to prefer playing ranked games over unranked games.

    This is why League Beta 5.0 and 6.0 are running back to back, and why the plan was to continue to do so.

    With That Said
    The feedback in this thread is pretty darn strong. We're currently discussing what might be possible in terms of shaking up the initial plan. Bear in mind that we do want to ensure that League seasons start at the beginning of a calendar month. After discussing your feedback internally, two variations of a change present themselves.

    1. End the League beta half a week before the end of the month. This would maximize the availability of League play for the majority of players, while providing a rest period between seasons for those looking for a bit of a break.
    2. End the League beat a week before the end of the month. This would considerably reduce the availability of League play, which we're not entirely thrilled about, but it would provide more of a break in between seasons.


    We're still discussing this, so it would be interesting to get any further thoughts that you might have.

    EDIT: As a point of clarification, we will not be changing the parameters of League Beta 6.0, we're not fans of moving the goalposts mid-season). We do however want to see if we can make any changes to make more players happy with the League cadence going forward.
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 2nd Mar 2016 at 15:25.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  10. #60
    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Hi everyone,

    Sorry about taking a little while to respond, we've been discussing your feedback today in between other meatings and tasks that need to be attended to. This thread contains some of the clearest feedback that we've received in quite some time. Thank you for that.

    The original idea with Nosgoth Leagues was to eventually have them running 24/7 (there would be a few hours of downtime between each season while data from the previous seasons was processed and the new season was prepped).

    Why?
    It's fairly straightforward really. We have a larger number of unique players playing more regularly, and for longer periods of time when Leagues are live. While ranked play may be more stressful for some (particularly those seeking to climb ever higher in Eternal), it's also more engaging for the majority of players out there. There are absolutely elements that we need to fix, but the majority of the playerbase seems to prefer playing ranked games over unranked games.

    This is why League Beta 5.0 and 6.0 are running back to back, and why the plan was to continue to do so.

    With That Said
    The feedback in this thread is pretty darn strong. We're currently discussing what might be possible in terms of shaking up the initial plan. Bear in mind that we do want to ensure that League seasons start at the beginning of a calendar month. After discussing your feedback internally, two variations of a change present themselves.

    1. End the League beta half a week before the end of the month. This would maximize the availability of League play for the majority of players, while providing a rest period between seasons for those looking for a bit of a break.
    2. End the League beat a week before the end of the month. This would considerably reduce the availability of League play, which we're not entirely thrilled about, but it would provide more of a break in between seasons.


    We're still discussing this, so it would be interesting to get any further thoughts that you might have.

    EDIT: As a point of clarification, we will not be changing the parameters of League Beta 6.0, we're not fans of moving the goalposts mid-season). We do however want to see if we can make any changes to make more players happy with the League cadence going forward.
    I don't think people are playing it because it's more engaging though. It's mostly for the prizes.

    BTW, can you answer my question about the vampire meshes? I'm just curious about the reason. I'm not expecting an immediate change.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  11. #61
    Originally Posted by senjuj
    too hard and expensive. for first iteration enough standard parameters (takedowns, final blows, deaths, dmg, support and executions).
    Agree with you I have edited the post so it is clearer the change I thought could be done meanwhile.

    What do you think about the anti-grinding idea?

  12. #62
    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Hi everyone,

    Sorry about taking a little while to respond, we've been discussing your feedback today in between other meatings and tasks that need to be attended to. This thread contains some of the clearest feedback that we've received in quite some time. Thank you for that.

    The original idea with Nosgoth Leagues was to eventually have them running 24/7 (there would be a few hours of downtime between each season while data from the previous seasons was processed and the new season was prepped).

    Why?
    It's fairly straightforward really. We have a larger number of unique players playing more regularly, and for longer periods of time when Leagues are live. While ranked play may be more stressful for some (particularly those seeking to climb ever higher in Eternal), it's also more engaging for the majority of players out there. There are absolutely elements that we need to fix, but the majority of the playerbase seems to prefer playing ranked games over unranked games.

    This is why League Beta 5.0 and 6.0 are running back to back, and why the plan was to continue to do so.

    With That Said
    The feedback in this thread is pretty darn strong. We're currently discussing what might be possible in terms of shaking up the initial plan. Bear in mind that we do want to ensure that League seasons start at the beginning of a calendar month. After discussing your feedback internally, two variations of a change present themselves.

    1. End the League beta half a week before the end of the month. This would maximize the availability of League play for the majority of players, while providing a rest period between seasons for those looking for a bit of a break.
    2. End the League beat a week before the end of the month. This would considerably reduce the availability of League play, which we're not entirely thrilled about, but it would provide more of a break in between seasons.


    We're still discussing this, so it would be interesting to get any further thoughts that you might have.

    EDIT: As a point of clarification, we will not be changing the parameters of League Beta 6.0, we're not fans of moving the goalposts mid-season). We do however want to see if we can make any changes to make more players happy with the League cadence going forward.
    Thanks for keeping us on the loop so we know what is going on around there.

    Again, it is all about the strain generated by the need of the people to grind points all day long to get higher, if something similar to what I am proposing here with the points pool and the change in the points system [http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...83#post2201083] was done, people could play their ranked and then rest or keep playing other game modes (TDM, CTB, FP, etc). If the people could comment on this or propose better ideas it would be very nice.

    I think point-grinding is starting to get a really big problem in the game. This last month I felt like the people went completely nuts about this, and was very difficult to climb up (I only reached Blood II when in most of the previous leagues I finished in ethernal).

    BTW I have a question, have you changed anything on the matchmaking algorithm around 2-3 weeks ago?

  13. #63
    the players don't play League because they like it, but because the legue is more like an "Hey, in this league will be exclusive prizes, if you don't reach blood you will NEVER get that prizes".
    It looks more like a blackmail then a reward

  14. #64
    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    There are absolutely elements that we need to fix, but the majority of the playerbase seems to prefer playing ranked games over unranked games.
    This is not true. The reason this may seem from the info gathered is because league has prices, which is why we play them. And while the majority of the players are in league, it is damn near impossible to find a normal TDM. The solution? Play league to play Nosgoth :/ So that is why it may seem that ranked is prefered, but from the opinions I have heard from everywhere, nobody plays ranked for the fun..


    Coming to the point of having a week or half a week of downtime:
    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    The original idea with Nosgoth Leagues was to eventually have them running 24/7 (there would be a few hours of downtime between each season while data from the previous seasons was processed and the new season was prepped).
    Change the original idea then. Give us a month or so in between. This gives plenty of time to develop ALL aspects of Nosgoth (like FP, CTB, balance, actual prizes worth winning), while keeping ranked fun(-ish).

    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    EDIT: As a point of clarification, we will not be changing the parameters of League Beta 6.0, we're not fans of moving the goalposts mid-season).
    Oooh please, give me a break. It started yesterday. There is no way this is 'mid-season'. If there ever was a time to stop it, it would be now. And if you really feel bad for the people who already played 30 games, just freeze the ranked points, and give them their points at the new start of the season.

    With all that said, I do hope you will discuss this further. However, just an explanation and what might possibly happen NEXT seasons will not cut it for me (and I think not for others as well). We want this to be changed as soon as possible. Thanks for listening!
    Last edited by River_; 2nd Mar 2016 at 16:33. Reason: Polishing my grammar

  15. #65
    Originally Posted by eldavimost
    Agree with you I have edited the post so it is clearer the change I thought could be done meanwhile.

    What do you think about the anti-grinding idea?
    It's a TEAM-based game, so score shouldn't matter at all. And i usually place 1st or 2nd 99% of the games i play...

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    750
    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    the majority of the playerbase seems to prefer playing ranked games over unranked games.
    Based on what evidence? Player counts in each mode?
    Of course people will play more ranked than unranked - Thats where the prizes are.
    Since most people don't run with a 4-man team anyways, why not go ranked all the time? Since skill is virtually not important, if you are just playing alone or with 1 friend, you might as well play for the points.

    That, however, does not say anything about the quality of the experience.

    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    . After discussing your feedback internally, two variations of a change present themselves.


    End the League beta half a week before the end of the month.

    End the League beat a week before the end of the month.
    Which is completely besides the point that we were trying to make.
    Yes, having a break inbetween Leagues is needed, but it was not the catalyst for this backlash.
    What this is actually about is,
    a) since you keep advertising this as a BETA, why don't you actually test different things and expand the mode with each Beta test?
    b) The grindy nature of the mode simply makes most long-term players sick.

    I stopped playing once for two weeks because nothing was happening. Frankly, I don't see any reason to keep playing this game anymore. It just makes me too angry. And reading these statements, which make it clear you still haven't understood our complaints, just makes me even angrier.

    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    EDIT: As a point of clarification, we will not be changing the parameters of League Beta 6.0, we're not fans of moving the goalposts mid-season). We do however want to see if we can make any changes to make more players happy with the League cadence going forward.
    @HexMe: You called it. Didn't even have to wait all week to tell us to go ourselves.

    Seriously Devs,
    read my initial (way-back-when) post again and tell me why your League is a better alternative. I am out of words at this point.
    I'd boycott the games storefront, but what would that accomplish.
    After all, you pay me...
    Last edited by Bazielim; 2nd Mar 2016 at 16:16.

  17. #67
    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    EDIT: As a point of clarification, we will not be changing the parameters of League Beta 6.0, we're not fans of moving the goalposts mid-season). We do however want to see if we can make any changes to make more players happy with the League cadence going forward.
    1 day into the season is NOT "mid-season"
    let me remind you that when this forum thread was posted (15:46) announcing the new league, it took exactly 5 minutes (15:51) for someone to respond, and I quote: "OMG so soon ??"
    The only reason this can be even remotely considered "mid-season" is because you waited more than an entire day to answer us. We gave feedback as quickly as we could to not go too far into the season for you guys to be able to stop the season and wait a while.

  18. #68
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    @SirSleepALot @Ysanoire, I think most of us just play for the prizes, not for the pleasure of grinding through endless mismatched games where we either get flamed by toxic players or completely pulverized if everybody hasn't quit before it got to that stage.

    I'll try to keep this short, not to waste everyone's time.

    While I'm trying to raise my competitive skill, for me and my ESL team, I focus on playing as many scrims as we can but also playing ranked for three reasons.

    1) scrims (or team players) are not always available. I would very much prefer in playing ranked with 1 teammate then normal.
    2) strengthening team relations between different roles (scout/hunter, hunter/prophet etc). I play with a teammate so we get more used to each other's style of play. This is ONLY valid for my team because we made some changes, brought new players, etc.
    3) playing against stronger players in duo queue. I can't get better if I keep playing vs weak players.


    I want to get better at the game and I think I can ALSO do this in ranked, and I would choose it over normal games (in the current state).

    - I don't mind toxic players. I wouldn't mind an option to mute chat (got some positive intent from the last official stream). I don't let it affect me. If I would give a nickle for every toxic line I read in nosgoth or other games, I would have as much money as hexmeh got from leagues ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    - I don't mind bad players, bad mmr. You would get them also in normal games but there the chance of them leaving is way higher than in ranked (because the psychology behind "getting a punishment, ban, etc".)

    - I don't mind playing alone (although I try to get another player with me) because I can focus on specific things I need to improve.

    If I can do this while I play what I would normally play without leagues and get a cash reward, why not?

    Are there bigger things the devs should fix? Yes.
    Would getting bigger cash prizes (at this moment) to ESL bring in a bigger player base? No.
    Would giving more money to ESL players improve the overall skill and game knowledge for the majority of player base? No.

    Please note these are my personal thoughts and you shouldn't see them as facts. You're free to share your opinion and not impose your way of thinking on anyone, just like I did.

    Oh, I tried to make it short. sorry.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,526
    I finished my 5 matches before being ranked yesterday. All 5 of them were with the same great 2 or 3 players that were always on the opposing team; and those matches all ended in a landslide defeat for my team, even when I came back for the last 2 matches a few hours later in an attempt to get away from them (guess how they ended). I got placed in Bronze V because of this, playing against the same better team over and over again.

    Now, I'm not at the age or place in my life where I can commit several hours a day to leagues. The last league took me the full month just to reach Blood V, literally a day from that league's conclusion; and that was with a lucky string of wins near the end.

    What chance do I or any other players in my position really have of reaching Blood again before it is over?

    Also, why are you recoloring the same tyrant skin for third time? I've said how the Tyrants are perfect for tattoos with their size and all that exposed skin; but come on, surely this tattoo could be placed upon one of the alternates. The Colossus would be perfect, given there is nothing covering the chest like the straps or sashes that are on the others; but the Imperial could also work since his pale skin would make the best contrast and the Platemail certainly fits the aesthetic of leagues.

  20. #70
    Originally Posted by SirSleepALot
    I'll try to keep this short, not to waste everyone's time.

    While I'm trying to raise my competitive skill, for me and my ESL team, I focus on playing as many scrims as we can but also playing ranked for three reasons.

    1) scrims (or team players) are not always available. I would very much prefer in playing ranked with 1 teammate then normal.
    2) strengthening team relations between different roles (scout/hunter, hunter/prophet etc). I play with a teammate so we get more used to each other's style of play. This is ONLY valid for my team because we made some changes, brought new players, etc.
    3) playing against stronger players in duo queue. I can't get better if I keep playing vs weak players.


    I want to get better at the game and I think I can ALSO do this in ranked, and I would choose it over normal games (in the current state).

    - I don't mind toxic players. I wouldn't mind an option to mute chat (got some positive intent from the last official stream). I don't let it affect me. If I would give a nickle for every toxic line I read in nosgoth or other games, I would have as much money as hexmeh got from leagues ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    - I don't mind bad players, bad mmr. You would get them also in normal games but there the chance of them leaving is way higher than in ranked (because the psychology behind "getting a punishment, ban, etc".)

    - I don't mind playing alone (although I try to get another player with me) because I can focus on specific things I need to improve.

    If I can do this while I play what I would normally play without leagues and get a cash reward, why not?

    Are there bigger things the devs should fix? Yes.
    Would getting bigger cash prizes (at this moment) to ESL bring in a bigger player base? No.
    Would giving more money to ESL players improve the overall skill and game knowledge for the majority of player base? No.

    Please note these are my personal thoughts and you shouldn't see them as facts. You're free to share your opinion and not impose your way of thinking on anyone, just like I did.

    Oh, I tried to make it short. sorry.
    I said "most" and I also started my sentence with "I think" to be clear that it's just my opinion. I was merely trying to explain why there's so many complaints about league, even though so many of us still play it. If people really were playing league to practice for ESL, don't you think there'd be more players in ESL? I wasn't really referring to cash rewards, because only a small portion of the community even reach the top 100. It's the blood rank prizes that bulk out the number of people playing league. If SE try a league without blood prizes, I don't think they'd be seeing such a huge player spike when league is running.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 2nd Mar 2016 at 17:49.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  21. #71
    Guess I'm gonna throw some sticks in the fire as well. You guys should really listen to your community and throwing another league season after the last one is just finished is ridiculous. As many ppl said - we need a break. Tbh I'd like to see you guys working on your game and fixing it, instead of putting up another season of broken gamemode. Fix the hit reg (especially on prophet), fix the mm (cause Im tired to carry dem noobs with 0-150 hrs in game against 3esl players) and PLEASE rework the forge. Thats the minority of problems that I've noticed so far but I dont want to flame too much. So far I agreed with the most of the opinions in this thread and would love to see you guys finally make a right decision.

  22. #72
    "mid-season" Its only just started...

    That one week or a few days gap looks to be alright start at least but considering ranked is a BETA there should be at least 1 month between each test. A long break should be plenty of time to work on the mode, work on the rest of the game and create decent prizes that are worth grinding for. I'm no game developer, but I just don't see how any improvements can be made to ranked if there are never any breaks between the seasons.

    The prizes for the past couple of leagues have been pretty lack-luster... a special fx which we're still waiting on, a gold shotgun for a class which hasn't been released yet and now a recoloured base skin. I noticed there was no comment on the negative response to the reward for this season and I really hope that you actually pay attention to this. No nice reward = No incentive to play ranked.

  23. #73
    You're right Vampmaster, the prizes during League Betas are certainly a draw. Ranking is too, as is the lower leaver rate in League games. There are a quite a few reasons why people choose to play more Nosgoth while Leagues are available to them, and we would like to keep that choice available to players as often as we can.

    Regarding your question about meshes.
    We still need to sign off on future League rewards, but in general we do want to try and get more Vampire content into them. I'm not sure if mesh changes are planned to be honest, we're investigating potentially broadening the types of prizing that might be available. We can speak about that a bit more, later down the line.

    As mentioned before, bug fixes for Leagues are on the way, they have however been held up due to the recent patch delay. Generally, the amount of time that we have to test different Leagues configurations isn't indefinite. Changing the minimum level requirement might seem like a small change to you guys, which is understandable, mechanically it is a minor tweak. It does however have the potential to have quite a large impact on how new players approach Nosgoth, play the game, and ultimately how long the stick around. This is pretty darn important to any game, Free to Play in particular. If increasing the minimum requirement drops the number of new players we have returning to the game by 15%, that's a big problem. This test is important and does need to happen. There are absolutely other factors to be taken into consideration as well, we will not be ignoring those.

    There's not a huge point to arguing about what does and doesn't constitute mid-season, that's inconsequential as to whether or not we will be stopping beta 6.0. Once a season commences, we're quite averse to the idea of ending it, regardless of how long it has been running for. Ensuring that future seasons happen at a better cadence for everyone is what I'm working to make happen at the moment.
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 2nd Mar 2016 at 18:31.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    750
    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    As mentioned before, bug fixes for Leagues are on the way, they have however been held up due to the recent patch delay.
    Then why not wait until those changes are in before starting the test?

    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Changing the minimum level requirement might seem like a small change to you guys, which is understandable, mechanically it is a minor tweak. It does however have the potential to have quite a large impact on how new players approach Nosgoth, play the game, and ultimately how long the stick around.
    Ya.. sorry - I don't buy that for a second.
    The change is minor has virtually no impact. If you had changed it to 25, that would've been a big change, but not even enough in my book to warrant a new test. Sure, not having low level noobs ruining games is a win, but the few players withing those 5 levels that are now also locked out from League cannot make that big of difference.

    What you have yet to do is actually adress all the grievances with ranked, which, again, makes me both sad and angry. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem... and Ranked is not a problem - its a cancer.
    Most people here would not be sad to see it go, or at the very least altered beyond recognition.
    I'm just going to keep linking this until we get an actual response to the feedback, other than the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and drowning out the critic's voices.

    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    There's not a huge point to arguing about what does and doesn't constitute mid-season, that's inconsequential as to whether or not we will be stopping beta 6.0. Once a season commences, we're quite averse to the idea of ending it, regardless of how long it has been running for. Ensuring that future seasons happen at a better cadence for everyone is what I'm working to make happen at the moment.
    Translation = 'LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU'

  25. Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    The original idea with Nosgoth Leagues was to eventually have them running 24/7 (there would be a few hours of downtime between each season while data from the previous seasons was processed and the new season was prepped).

    Why?
    It's fairly straightforward really. We have a larger number of unique players playing more regularly, and for longer periods of time when Leagues are live. While ranked play may be more stressful for some (particularly those seeking to climb ever higher in Eternal), it's also more engaging for the majority of players out there. There are absolutely elements that we need to fix, but the majority of the playerbase seems to prefer playing ranked games over unranked games.

    This is why League Beta 5.0 and 6.0 are running back to back, and why the plan was to continue to do so.
    24/7 is great for the time the league is running, but no pause between leagues is just a bad idea.
    I love CTB for example, but I would never play it if there is a league running, because it feels like I could use my time for grinding ranked.
    If there would be a pause I would enjoy playing CTB so much just because it is different from TDM/League.
    And you would have enough time to actually add changes and fix your stuff.

    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    With That Said
    The feedback in this thread is pretty darn strong. We're currently discussing what might be possible in terms of shaking up the initial plan. Bear in mind that we do want to ensure that League seasons start at the beginning of a calendar month. After discussing your feedback internally, two variations of a change present themselves.

    1. End the League beta half a week before the end of the month. This would maximize the availability of League play for the majority of players, while providing a rest period between seasons for those looking for a bit of a break.
    2. End the League beat a week before the end of the month. This would considerably reduce the availability of League play, which we're not entirely thrilled about, but it would provide more of a break in between seasons.


    We're still discussing this, so it would be interesting to get any further thoughts that you might have.
    Why do you have to start at the start of a calendar month? Do you have counting issues? Would explain a lot.

    I would rather prefer a rhythm like 1st-31st and next league 15th-15th. Two weeks break would be great.
    I smell another poll thread that you can ignore.

    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    EDIT: As a point of clarification, we will not be changing the parameters of League Beta 6.0, we're not fans of moving the goalposts mid-season). We do however want to see if we can make any changes to make more players happy with the League cadence going forward.
    No problem if you keep this league up now, since it already started. But please consider some changes to the next league.
    And the blood reward this season is really not that satisfying. To be honest they got less and less appealing with time. Okay maybe the art team focusses on Beastmaster and Rahabim now.
    It's just... you went from exclusive bloody victor skins to visual FX and recolored standard skins? Not cool.

Page 3 of 5 First First 12345 Last