Thread: South America Server?

South America Server?

South America Server?

Hi,

Anyone know if they are planning to bring in a server for South America. We could really do with it. Help reduce our ping and bring in a bigger player base.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Duflux; 29th Feb 2016 at 17:20.

Don't think they can open a new server with the current amount of player base. What we can suggest is a better lag compensation system which will extend to abilities which reduces ability delay.

See more here : Lag compensation for abilities?

Expansion and growth is always something we're looking at, especially when it comes to server usage. However, we don't have any immediate plans for South American servers.
    Psyonix Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    Expansion and growth is always something we're looking at, especially when it comes to server usage. However, we don't have any immediate plans for South American servers.
    Out of curiosity, do you have any plans to open an server in Asia? Now don't point out the oceanic server, Players in Asia generally have a bad connectivity to servers in Australia. In my case, i get about 330 ms to the server in Sydney, much higher than i get on the US servers itself.

I believe there are already servers in Japan.
    This did come up on the forums a while ago and it came down to a choice between Asia and South America, with South America being pipped at the post. Since then the issue hasn't really been revisited and they've had other issues to deal with.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Originally Posted by Bazielim
    I believe there are already servers in Japan.
    This did come up on the forums a while ago and it came down to a choice between Asia and South America, with South America being pipped at the post. Since then the issue hasn't really been revisited and they've had other issues to deal with.
    I just searched for japan servers and few threads before July 2015 popped up. But i was unable to find out the fate of Japan servers. What happened to them? Why can't we access those servers now?

I just looked into this and it seems that they are indeed no longer with us (though I could have sworn they were there at one time). It seems that the traffic is too low and Asia is routed through Oceania servers. Sorry to get your hopes up.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

The think is Asia generally has a bad connectivity to Australian server. It routes the connection to US before reaching Australia making it worthless. The opposite is also true. So it's actually better to have different servers because most players in Asia would rather play on other server than Oceania.