Thread: Blood Omen Fan Comic

Blood Omen Fan Comic

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Holy this is awesome...how did i not know about this?

    Very nice, thanks Razielim1993

    EDIT: you know if there is a way to download it? The web viewer is just awful.
    Last edited by ParadoxicalOmen; 28th Feb 2016 at 22:44.

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Holy this is awesome...how did i not know about this?

    Very nice, thanks Razielim1993

    EDIT: you know if there is a way to download it? The web viewer is just awful.
    Try going to their DeviantART Accounts and asking.
    http://dark-thief.deviantart.com/
    http://gunslingerspawn.deviantart.com/

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Razielim1993
    Try going to their DeviantART Accounts and asking.
    http://dark-thief.deviantart.com/
    http://gunslingerspawn.deviantart.com/
    Thanks for tip.

  5. #5
    I was actually going to make a thread on this at some point, but I'm glad that Razielim beat me to the punch. I was surfing Youtube one day for LOK Let's Plays and came across an LOK lore video with this link on it for a Blood Omen comic. I was curious, so I clicked on it and took one look at the first issue and was immediately hooked. I binged read every available issue in one sitting and I can't wait for the last installment. I may not dig some of the liberties taken, but overall it's such a more metal and awesome rendition of the actual game that if they were to remake Blood Omen in a similar style, I would buy it in a heartbeat. A lot of kudos to these guys for their fantastic job.
    I am everywhere...and nowhere. I am everything...and nothing. I am...fear itself!

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by ReaverofCupcakes
    A lot of kudos to these guys for their fantastic job.
    Indeed...praise be unto them.

  7. #7
    I read these somewhat recently (I was in need of Bane art and the comic cover featuring him is one of maybe two decent pieces) but don't recall much. But now I recall Kain's bat form being far crazier, and Nupraptor looking like a vampire/goblin in a few panels. XD

    Overall a neat work though.

  8. #8
    One thing that i didn't realize when i played BO1, but now bothered me when i read the comic...

    Why the hell does Kain care about stopping the Nemesis? If they conquer all the kingdoms what difference does it make for Kain? He was after the circle, right?

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    One thing that i didn't realize when i played BO1, but now bothered me when i read the comic...

    Why the hell does Kain care about stopping the Nemesis? If they conquer all the kingdoms what difference does it make for Kain? He was after the circle, right?
    Though the game never explicitly provides him with motive beyond Ariel's instruction, he's after the circle to restore balance which Mortanius led him to believe would cure his vampirism. If the Nemesis swept over all of Nosgoth with his armies, it would pose a significant nuisance to Kain's own movements.

    But also Kain is still a relatively 'good' guy at that point. He held allegiance to Ottmar once upon a time and wouldn't exactly be thrilled to see people subjugated if his new powers could stop it. Of course, this all changes after Kain gets tired of human deceptions...
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 6th Mar 2016 at 19:02.

  10. #10
    I had the impression Kain didn't care at this point...
    But if he was still after the cure for vampirism, it's kinda acceptable he wouldn't want to come back to a world ruled by the Nemesis.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    I had the impression Kain didn't care at this point...
    But if he was still after the cure for vampirism, it's kinda acceptable he wouldn't want to come back to a world ruled by the Nemesis.
    He had only recently departed from Vorador's mansion at that point, fairly repulsed by what he could become.

    Though as far as the game explicitly states, his detour with Willendorf was driven both by the Oracle's vague mutterings and Ariel's advice that he needed understanding before killing Moebius.


    Moebius' vague remarks about Ottmar are just simple manipulation. He follows up with talk of the ignus fatuus which leads Kain to Vorador and brings him the aid he needs to kill Malek. So with that help given, he'd be sure to keep the previous talk of Ottmar in mind and return later.

    In regard to Ariel's advice, I imagine she figured it better for Kain's moral compass (and thus his final choice...) if he had a clear picture of why Moebius deserved death as opposed to just doing it as a blind errand.

    The Dark Eden triad were blatantly warping the world, Nupraptor was torturing people with no discretion at all, Azimuth was loosing demons, Mortanius was letting dead things wander all over the place...But Moebius wasn't doing anything so apparently troublesome. You'd almost be forgiven to think he was spared the insanity. So Kain needed to know better.

  12. #12
    Your theory is quite plausible...
    Too bad Raina, Hylden or Vampmaster haven't commented...they're very in depth in the lore and probably know the real reason.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    3,075
    Indeed Ygdrasel summed it up well. Ariel says Kain must stop him, otherwise Nemesis´ army will ruin the land:
    The Legions of the Nemesis are on the march from the north, crushing all in their path. ‘Twas not too long ago that the Nemesis was known as William the Just, a caring and gentle benefactor of the land. But, as his army grew in strength and he himself grew in power, the veil of tyranny fell and one kingdom was not enough. So many cities, so many dead. Willendorf will be sure to follow. The Nemesis must be stopped or all shall be lost . . .

  14. #14
    Thanks, Raina

    All this talk makes me want to re-play Blood Omen...it's too bad Blood Omnicide is far from finished, playing it in HD would be lovely.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Thanks, Raina

    All this talk makes me want to re-play Blood Omen...it's too bad Blood Omnicide is far from finished, playing it in HD would be lovely.
    Indeed. Though really, I'd love to see Blood Omen rendered in 3D outright akin to the others. I've been contemplating undertaking that particular task myself...

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Indeed. Though really, I'd love to see Blood Omen rendered in 3D outright akin to the others. I've been contemplating undertaking that particular task myself...
    Those russian fellas with Blood Omnicide are doing a pretty well job imo...my only complaint is that they should accelerate the game. It has the original game's slow pace, kinda like the first Diablo. I remember playing it fast paced and is much better.

    ps: they've even added a 1st-person view for some reason

  17. #17
    Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Those russian fellas with Blood Omnicide are doing a pretty well job imo...my only complaint is that they should accelerate the game. It has the original game's slow pace, kinda like the first Diablo. I remember playing it fast paced and is much better.

    ps: they've even added a 1st-person view for some reason
    I found the pace much improved on PC.
    But yeah, it'd be best if they polished up a few other things like the speed.
    It does look great so far.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 11th Mar 2016 at 00:32.

Tags for this Thread