Thread: My game crashes

My game crashes

Hello Everybody,

Despite spending a lot of time reading through this forums, I've never participated here, and now I come with a terrible trouble... After installing my game and playing the intro (imagine my hype at this moment), just in the charging screen after the avalanch, my game crashes.
    I'm playing on a new Pc that pasts the requirements, I updated my graphic card (Nvidia GTX 970), and tried also with the lowest quality on everything. But I seriously doubt about this solving the problem, as during the intro everything went fluid and smooth. I've even thought of uninstalling it and trying again...

What can I do, please? I'm officially desperated... T_T Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Laetitia-Mina; 21st Feb 2016 at 10:50.

Hello.

What version have you (Steam or CD)?

Try to run the game with Exclusive Fullscreen On or Off. Try running the game with 361.75 drivers.

Hello!

Thank you very very much for your replies, really! ^^ Answering the first question, I have a CD copy. And about Exclusive Fullscreen on and off, I've already tried it and nothing changes, it keeps crashing. I played it at first with the old graphic drivers, then, when it crashed for the second time, I updated them hoping this would fix the issue, but nothing again...

What more do you think I can do?

Thank you again!

OK.

What version have you? The last is 1.0.623.2. When you launch the game (before to clic on play), the version game is displayed at the bottom right.
    If you have it, try to acces on windows store and downgrade the game. If windows store do not want, uninstall and reinstall the game.
    Try to check (before) file integrity by the installation CD (sorry, i can't help you on that, i have steam version...). I would say by (re-)install program.

I have version 1.0 build 623.2_64, I see it's the last. I don't have windows store, so I'll try ininstalling it and then, reinstalling. But... Sorry, but I don't understand how to check the file integrity... Could you tell me something more about that?

Thank you very much, I feel relieved with your help!

How much RAM do you have?
    Rise Of The Tomb Raider max settings Xtreme Benchmark 1501MHz: https://youtu.be/kzA3Cvx8CNo

(click image to enlarge)

Thank you too for your interest! I have 8 Gb of RAM...
    Last edited by Laetitia-Mina; 21st Feb 2016 at 16:41.

Try to close programs in memory (downloaders, mouse software, etc.). Anti-virus and firewall last.

Oh, my God! I don't know what to say, how to say thanks and how to explain but... My Rise does run now!!

I finally managed to check the integrity of the files of the game via Steam and after checking, 2 files (of 2.30 Gb) were missed! It downloaded automatically everything and, after a never-ending download, it worked! It simply worked!
    Oh, I'm so happy, hyped and so...everything! I'm so grateful!! Thank you very very much specially to you, Dyinn62, and Txgt-Ffx and NikolayLeon! Thanks to all for your help and support!

You're welcome

I dare to say you will run into the issue again. I hope I am wrong here.
    Reason why I say this is because of the 8gb ram. On some larger areas and areas where more memory is used it might stop working for you. There is a workaround for this.

Go into: Advances System Settings > Advanced > Performance > Advanced.
    Change that to something reasonable like 2048mb or double it. It helps a lot with crashes due to ram.
    Rise Of The Tomb Raider max settings Xtreme Benchmark 1501MHz: https://youtu.be/kzA3Cvx8CNo

(click image to enlarge)