Thread: Bugs/Issues while playing the Beta

Bugs/Issues while playing the Beta

Hey everyone! Just finished my first playthrough of the beta and wanted to give my opinions!

Been loving the Hitman games ever since I started with Silent Assassin, and I'm incredibly excited to be playing a brand new entry in the series. And, even though I did enjoy Absolution, I'm hoping that this new one replaces Blood Money as my go-to Hitman game.

Now, this won't really cover my opinions on the beta itself (Just from what I played, I think it's very functionally sound, but I can't really give my full opinion until I'm out of the game's training areas). Rather, I'm just going to post some bugs and glitches I found while playing the game. Here we go:

1) Bit strange, but when I subdued a guard while he was trying to clean up a mess from an overflowed sink, his rag just stayed in the air:

2. You cannot tamper with the Chessboard if you are holding Coins. Instead, Agent 47 will just continue dropping them to the ground until you have none left.

3. Guards absolutely refused to return any weapons I threw on the ground. They would pick them up and just stand there. While a viable, but hilarious tactic, I highly doubt it's suppose to work that way.

4. What the hell is going on with the Supersampling? I know my computer is a toaster and I can only play the game on low (and before any of you ask, no, it doesn't bother me at all, as I can play it fine on my GTX 750Ti), but any other game I've had Supersampling on doesn't make it blurry to the point of unplayable when turned down.

5. Not sure if it's a bug with the game or intentional, but it looks like all of your Challenges reset when you re-load a save. The only reason I'm not sure if it's a bug is because it doesn't happen all the time, only occasionally.

Just a few things I noticed on my first run. Thankfully I will be getting a new graphics card soon so I can enjoy the game in all of its splendor (instead of how it looks up above ).

I'm going to do a separate playthough again later and post any other issues I find, while also trying to complete as many challenges as I can.

Thanks so much for the opportunity to play the game before launch, and I'll see you all out in the field come March 11th, Agents.

I'm aware that probably most of these are already known to You or will be reported in large numbers, but... Willing to help.

Hitman bugs I've encountered thus far:
    - In cutscenes only right front speaker emits voices (5.1);
    - In settings, graphics tab two bottom option lines aren't visible;
    - settings set through launching window did not save, had to do it through ingame settings;
    - Calvin Ritter's ragdoll impossible to drag into the bedroom;
    - suspicion indicator keeps raising even when you hide weapon, remote explosive;
    - if you kill a guard smoking near generator in yacht level, he constantly exhales smoke after subduing him, even after putting him into closet;
    - KGB colonel uses default guard voice "greetings soldier" in random occasions;
    - dialogues are activated after the actions have been completed, for example after taking slides and coming back to the room, 47 initiates dialogue about coming here for the slides, colonels orders; colonel comes in Knights room ans says "slides are here" though they just finished watching them few minutes ago;
    - Knight and colonel get stuck in slides dialogue when slide apparatus is disconnected;
    - Knight does not speak just gesticulates when seeing chess being tampered;
    - ambient successful kill/objective music crashes few seconds after initiating (when killing Knight), all good after saving and restarting;
    - The colonel does not drop a pistol when subdued though he obviously have one;
    - when someone becomes suspicious, you need to stand right near him, then indicator and alert disappear;
    - soviet soldier that comes to turn on generator after incapacitation finishes to turn on the generator and speaks "and... on!" even when you subdue him in seconds;

All in all guys game is AMAZING!!! I've completed all cballenges in both levels and the immersion is really deep with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting5 View Post

- In cutscenes only right front speaker emits voices (5.1);
    - In settings, graphics tab two bottom option lines aren't visible;
    - suspicion indicator keeps raising even when you hide weapon, remote explosive;
    - if you kill a guard smoking near generator in yacht level, he constantly exhales smoke after subduing him, even after putting him into closet;
    - KGB colonel uses default guard voice "greetings soldier" in random occasions;
    - dialogues are activated after the actions have been completed, for example after taking slides and coming back to the room, 47 initiates dialogue about coming here for the slides, colonels orders; colonel comes in Knights room ans says "slides are here" though they just finished watching them few minutes ago;
    - ambient successful kill/objective music crashes few seconds after initiating (when killing Knight), all good after saving and restarting;
    - The colonel does not drop a pistol when subdued though he obviously have one;
    - when someone becomes suspicious, you need to stand right near him, then indicator and alert disappear;
    I can confirm the above happened to me too, especially the sound one, and I only have a set of speakers and a subwoofer for my setup, so I found it extremely weird when the sound was only coming out of one. Thought it might've just been an issue with the speakers, but booting up my music player proved otherwise.

Also, I tried to plug in my 360 controller to play it, then my Xbox One controller. After plugging in the Xbox One controller, however, the game crashed. It did not crash a second time I did it when I ONLY plugged in the Xbox One controller first, and just seemed to happen because of the 360 one.

All in all, though, I've still been having a great time, and I'm gonna try to attempt the rest of the challenges too! Cannot wait to jump in when it finally comes out myself!

I'm running on windows 7.
    1. I can't bind right "enter" on (Num-pad) - I used it through all 5 previous games (or at least most of them)
    2. bind "Num Del" doesn't work, this button is assignable and shown like "," but it doesn't react in the game.
    3. recovering from Ctrl+Esc works incorrectly. it maximizes window (leaving caption) instead of fullscreen. (same story with Alt+Tab)
    4. I saw glithes of my 1st target when he was in his office
    5. I saw civil hanged after I killed him (he just left staying)
    6. AI behaves strangely - I ran through the 1st level killing all guards, when I got to my target he said that I shouldn't be there
    7. I had several crashes (one was when I finished mission near helicopter, one when finished "final test" by killing all enemies )

UPDATE: 3rd issue seem to be fixed if you use "Exclusive fullscreen" instead of "Fullscreen"
    Last edited by Nonoum; 20th Feb 2016 at 15:48.

I just had another issue:
    while playing and loading check points, interactive sound disappeared (dialogs), then I completed "the final test" and it hunged with black screen. CPU consumption was 0% so it seems like a deadlock.