Thread: Lets post our Pros, Cons, & Suggestions for Hitman and Dev Team

Lets post our Pros, Cons, & Suggestions for Hitman and Dev Team

Cons
    - Frame rate issues
    - Weapon selection interface outdated – needs quick selection ability using D-pad
    - Clunky Aiming system
    - Garroting not as smooth and the takedown animations for it not as varied like in previous titles
    - Camera too distant although holding L2 zooms over shoulder and zeros in on NPC chatter
    - No Anesthetic
    - AI awareness not as solid as in previous titles example – ignoring blood stains
    - Lack of blood and entry wounds on victims
    - Challenges spoil exploration of different assassination methods
    - No fatal poison
    - No holstering animations
    - Absence of Human Shield ability
    - Doors close on their own accord
    - Lack of mission complete stats – Loved the Newspaper style in Blood Money
    - Gunshots don’t sound very realistic
    - Music not as reactive to 47’s actions/situation unlike in previous titles
    - No First Person ability
    - No Pistol Whip
    - Slow motion shooting is terrible

Pros
    - Smooth Character Movement
    - Fake Surrender ability
    - Disguise system much improved
    - Melee and Quick Takedown abilities
    - Throwing items/weapons for knockout
    - NPC’s incapacitated stay down unless awakened
    - Opportunity System
    - Drowning ability
    - Realistic damage done to NPC’s = They’re No longer bullet sponges
    - Multiple bodies can be stored in single container
    - Multiple Assassination methods like in Blood Money
    - Graphics
    - Multiple exit strategies
    - Neck Snapping
    - Good balance of distraction methods
    - Blend Ability while disguised

Suggestions
    - Melee weapons should have both kill and knockout methods
    - Needs better briefing interface functionality and intel – Targets habits, strengths/weaknesses which can be used as clues to discover the different assassination techniques for example
    - Enable kit preparation for each contract allowing selection for On-Site Procurement or concealment in suitcase providing variety for how 47 acquires his tools for the job.
    - Bigger level design isn’t better if there is a lack of interaction with NPC’s and the environment.
    - Option to remove ALL on screen button prompts and interface windows
    - Instinct should be limited to track target and identify special interactions only, seeing through walls is ridiculous. That’s what peeking around corners/through keyholes was for in previous titles.
    - Hideout for 47 to store all equipment/weapons, do target practice etc. like in previous titles
    - Placement of explosives difficult, needs a magnetic component or ability to place in certain areas/items

With less than a month away from the new 'Platform' style release of Hitman I am skeptical regarding how much changes they can truly achieve based on our collective input, but as a long time fan and owner of every Hitman title all we can do is try and have faith in the development team.
    Last edited by ExtremisAntares; 14th Feb 2016 at 20:13.

Suggestions:

- Human shields
    - More blood
    - Thicker gun sounds
    - Ability to collect guns through locations
    - Able to store collected guns in a safe house
    - Able to purchase a variety of safe houses
    - Can purchase upgrades for safe house
    - Ability to switch lights on & off
    - Camera zoom options (camera is too far away from 47 when outside)

Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by HolographicLotus View Post
    Suggestions:

- Human shields
    - More blood
    - Thicker gun sounds
    - Ability to collect guns through locations
    - Able to store collected guns in a safe house
    - Able to purchase a variety of safe houses
    - Can purchase upgrades for safe house
    - Ability to switch lights on & off
    - Camera zoom options (camera is too far away from 47 when outside)

Yes Valenka, I am aware of this thread and posted in it, this is for expanding beyond 5 points and making suggestions.

I've played the Hitman games since the original. I know the beta was not the finished product, but if I had to give it a grade it would be a "C". Although the beta was not horrible, I was expecting a better performance with less than a month to go before launch. I understand that during beta things are still going to be a little rough. But concepts like the ones pointed out by ExtremisAntares are vital to the play and replay ability of the game. The attention to detail in the beta was lack luster as well. Again not expecting final product graphics, but it looked like I was playing a refried PS3 version of the game. Other details like all of the Russians having accents and not just the KGB Officer. Or the Russian soldiers carrying M-16 style guns instant of AK's like they would've carried in the 70's. No self respecting Russian, or eastern block soldier for that matter, would've ever dreamed about carrying an M-16. In fact the Russians still use AK's as their primary infantry weapon today. Also the quick time stuff during melee combat is very tiresome. Agent 47 is close quarter combat ninja and he should feel that way when you get up close and personal with people. Also the weapon mechanics were clunky and the beta was very glitchy. Example: Bodies kept getting stuck on doors and despite the fact that they were already dead somehow they would scream.

In conclusion I hope the final product has many of the issues resolved and many of the suggested features added. This is the first Next-Gen Hitman title and thus, myself any probably every single Hitman fan out there has high expectations. If this game turns out to simply be a dusted off version of Absolution with bigger levels and slightly different mechanics, people aren't going to be very happy...but I have faith in y'all and that you'll do the right thing. Anyway thanks for allowing me to waste a few minutes of your time.
    Last edited by Kophjager; 15th Feb 2016 at 13:57.

^^^ Consider that this beta could be months old.

Also the alpha as well when that was released to a select few.
    Also tack on the fact that Sony & Microsoft are notorious for delaying
    a game's beta/demo for the certification process.

It takes time away from developers to get a beta up and running for the public.
    I'm willing to bet that they're far more ahead in the development process than the current beta.

Quote Originally Posted by HolographicLotus View Post
    ^^^ Consider that this beta could be months old.

Also the alpha as well when that was released to a select few.
    Also tack on the fact that Sony & Microsoft are notorious for delaying
    a game's beta/demo for the certification process.

It takes time away from developers to get a beta up and running for the public.
    I'm willing to bet that they're far more ahead in the development process than the current beta.
    I understand that often times the beta can vastly differ from the final product. However, the link to this thread wanted specific feed back on the beta thus, it was given. While I'm sure what you pointed out is the fact of the matter, as I stated above, if the final product is merely a polished version of this, then the game creators are going to loose their shirt...and fans will be upset.

The only things I actually find disturbing are the lack of blood trails (and spatters), the lack of entry wounds, the lack of human shield and the hand to hand combat (the NPC shouldn't make the first move, come on)

Hitman 2016 Suggestions / Feedback.

Hi Guys

This has been reposted here http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...11#post2205411 I would like this to be seen in as many Hitman 2016 Suggestions / Improvements threads as possible, that being said apologies for the repost / spam.

I really like this game it is a huge improvement over Absolution, however there are a few things I wold like to see added to make it even better.

Feel free to repost this to as many places as you like just give me credit.

Here is my list / suggestions (in no particular order) for what I think could make Hitman even better I have broken it up into categories so it’s easier to read.

Weapons / Items

1. Please add actual weapon models for the inventory, the white icons just seem lazy.

2. Info on the disguises and weapons in the inventory and the missions planning. Include some trivia for the players, i.e. the ammo type / what the disguise is used for and a brief description of the item.

3. Customisable items and weapons like in Blood Money and the Absolution contracts mode, this was awesome it will add much more reply value to the game and allow us to change up weapons for different playthroughs.

4. Add more weapons and allow us to customise the weapons, there are currently two SMG’s in the game both are the same but one has a suppresser, this seems redundant to me, just allow us to customise the weapons and add a suppresser if we want. It’s less overall weapons and give us players more choice.

5. Unique weapons for each level like in Blood Money it is more incentive to explore and take the effort to smuggle it out of the level so it can be used in later levels and brought in via the briefcase.

6. 3D models for the weapons in the inventory and the “Career” tab with stats and a description. Description for disguises and all the items that can be collected, i.e. a few sentences to describe an item this would be easy to implement.

7. Bring back the sedative syringe and allow us to use more poisons i.e. a hallucinogenic poison, targets may jump of a balcony or down some stairs because they can see things.

Read this thread http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=187816 the user really has put a lot of time into it, and I agree with him that much more can be added to the game and if it is not then it’s just a missed opportunity and a waste.

Extra Features:

1. A first person mode like in Blood Money, this was really cool and allowed us to see 47’s weapons up close. Games like GTA 5 have set the bar with this to be honest they took extra development time to make their game much better and added a first person mode and I personally love it as I’m sure many people do.

2. I really want to see an actual interactive safe house like in Blood Money, not just a menu like what we currently have and what Absolution had.

3. Some technology i.e. 47 to use a personal smartphone, i.e. he can look at the floor plan of the level, play music as a distractions, or use apps to tap into CCTV feeds, ability to take photos, have a night / thermal vision camera to see in the dark and see enemies. Combined with first person view this would be amazing. Optic cable for looking under doors. (Would work better when instinct mode can’t see through walls).

4. Holster for weapons on 47’s back.

Ideas for Future Patches:

1. If a level has been mastered allow us to keep certain teems like keys and invitations, i.e. for the Paris level allow us to keep the “Palace Master Key” and the “Speedboat Key”.

2. 47’s Signature suit is missing gloves and a tiepin / cufflinks, (I liked the suit accessories from Absolution). I would like to see different suit modes, i.e. with or without gloves, wear a wristwatch, open jacket or buttoned jacket and wear a tie pin or not. The models are already in the game I’m sure it would not be a lot of work to put this in.

3. The ability to go to exotic places in the world, like jungles and desert, like “Death on the Mississippi” and “Till death do us part” in Blood Money.

4. The ability to interrogate NPC’s like bodyguards so they can tell us inside information about the level or the targets.

5. Switch lights on and off.

1. I can’t see 47’s scar from when he cut his barcode tattoo in Absolution, if the main game takes place after Absolution then he would surly have a scar. (A small detail but I have a high attention to detail).

2. Other gadgets like portable EMP.

3. Add a Filter for contracts mode, i.e. per mission, the amount of targets, or if a fiend has made it.

4. A dart gun would be cool a silent way to deliver poison to a target at range.

5. Grenades frag, Concussion, Flashbang etc.

Things that should be brought back from previous games:

6. Some features of the Absolution instinct mode were good, i.e. how 47 hid his barcode or pulled down his hat to hide his face when NPC’s were suspicious of him, this was realistic and I think it should be re-added.

7. I think the human shield from Absolution is a really good game-play feature, I don't know why it was removed.

8. I loved the briefcase it’s so much better than the infinite pockets of Absolution where 47 can hide a sniper rifle in his jacket, the briefcase in Blood Money was awesome and it allows more playstyle choices and the ability to smuggle in items, and to hide the sniper rifle.

6. I can’t see 47’s scar from when he cut his barcode tattoo in Absolution, if the main game takes place after Absolution then he would surly have a scar. (A small detail but I have a high attention to detail).

7. There is no vent crawling (yet) I liked 47’s Zippo lighter, it can also be used to set of smoke alarms or start fires to distract guards.

8. In Blood Money we could store weapons in weapon crates to get them added to the safe house, bring this back in as I would like to have a weapon collection and customise them all.

General Feedback:

9. I think the escalations are a bit repetitive, the same missions 5 times over but with slight changes between its too much of the same (maybe let us take on the hardest escalation first and if we do it then grant us all 5 levels).

10. The game can be too easy, I think the different difficulty modes would be good to add like in absolution.

11. Some clipping and textures not loading / showing i.e. under the clothes of NPC’s i.e. under shirts and collars there is no texture.

12. Also 47 looks too young, he looked older in Absolution and the hitman wiki specifies his age as 48 years old so he should look older in the game especially since it takes place after absolution. His face fits for the prologue section as that was set 20 Years ago but not for the main game he should look older.

13. Add Extra layers to the inventory i.e. like the old Tomb Raider games TR2 and TR3 it the middle inventory ring was weapons, the top ring was items like keys and the bottom ring was saving and loading, It’s hard to know what you have sometimes like the Palace master key or the IAGO invitation or the speed boat key, you can’t see these in the inventory.

14. The SilverBallers are not dual wield, such a shame.

15. Also the ICA Chrome Pistol (Pre-order) is just a reskinned version of the regular silenced pistol, I was expected more from this to be honest.

What I have enjoyed the most.

1. The Ejector seat assassination, I like how this game has so many different ways to assassinate targets, keep this up please, as it allows us as players to be creative and think outside the box to get the target.

2. The lighting rig assassination, again this is really cool and I like many ways to assassinate the targets.

I understand that some of these suggestions may never be added either due to effort or not worth adding, but I would like to see some of them added to improve the gameplay and the realism to the game.

Thanks for taking the time to read this just as I have taken my time to write it, hopefully this will be read by one of the devs and we may see some improvements to Hitman 2016.
    Last edited by Bevitt2008; 20th Mar 2016 at 21:55. Reason: Spelling / Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremisAntares
    - Realistic damage done to NPC’s = They’re No longer bullet sponge
    They certainly removed this pro from the Beta because right now in the release build nothing could be further from the truth. NPC's are currently shrugging off headshots by pistols as close as 12 meters distance, and it takes as much as 6 shots to the chest to kill someone with weapons such as the HWK21, and 2-3 shots with an assault rifle. In addition to this it takes 3 shots to the chest with the Sniper rifle from about 100 meters. This is not just unrealistic, its ridiculous and its ruining entire feel of the game.

IOI needs to step up and acknowledge they've understood this and will be fixing it soon, otherwise I will not be buying the rest of the game.

Hi guys,

i've been a fan of the game for many years and played all Hitman releases so far, including the latest one.

For the first time i see something that is very annoying. For example: Latest escalation contract is to kill the guy in the kitchen dressed up as an event member. You complete this, then you have a level 2, kill the guy in the kitchen dressed up as an event member + hide the body in 90 seconds, but you have to go back and play something you already did in level 1. Imagine the situation on level 5, when you have to go back and play everything all over again just to finish the level 5 step, with no checkpoints or saves on the way.

Might be that some of you guys don't see this the same way or you like it like this, but i think it would be better if i don't have to play the things i already played over and over again. It would be much better if they publish the escalation contract, list the things that should be done from level 1 to level 5, with exact order if needed, and then a player can at least have a check point between levels. If the player decides to play something again, for example to get more points, fine, he can do it again, but don't make us do it.

In my case i played all escalation contracts so far up to level 3 and got bored, because i have to play again something i already passed.

I don't know what's the reason for this. I guess to buy some time until next episode release or to keep people play, but my opinion is that this can pretty much kill the joy this game was always bringing.

I hope that someone from the development team will read my feedback and do something about this.

Thank you

Just finished Paris by snipering the targets and was very suprised, that I couldn't dispose of the sniper in the box the agency had hid it in before the mission and that ther was no malus for leaving the weapon behind on the crime scene.
    Therefore I wish for:

- The possibility to dispose of weapons in certain locations, so they are "hidden" and will be picked up by the agency later (If they can deposit items for me, they also have to be able to retrieve them. Leaving the weapon openly on the crime scene is bad for immersion)
    - and maybe a bonus if done so, or a malus if weapons are found/ left after the assassination.