Thread: Beta Feedback - PS4

Beta Feedback - PS4

Hey there,

so I had a few hours to play with the Beta and I stumbled upon some things that I thought might be worth sharing.

First and most importantly: It's great. I've been a Hitman-Lover since Silent Assassin and this feels like a return to old strengths. I like the art style, the visuals in general, eventhough I'm missing a bit of bloom and depth of field.
    Overall gameplay is great, I'm very impressed.

Now to some of the not-so-good-stuff:

1. Framerate: I know I read somewhere that this will get fixed (or already should be?) but sometimes it gets too stuttery. Not gamebreaking, but enough that it takes me out of the immersion. Very noticeable on the yacht when I turn the camera toward the yacht or enter a crowded deck. Other times it's buttery smooth! But a little more optimisation could help I guess.

2. During loading, especially between 50 and 75%, the cinematics tend to stutter as well, and there's noticeable clicking in the sound, too. Probably because it's too much loading and playing an HD cinematic - but it's still noticeable.

3. Sometimes when I garrotte people, 47's hands and wire do not align with the neck. One instance he shoved his whole arm through the neck of the victim, which looked akward.

4. During the final mission, I did the seat-ejection accident. It triggered the sequence of the victim being blown into the sky (quite funny!) but it didn't trigger the kill. I was stuck. So I reloaded an autosave from 5 minutes ago (btw: great autosave feature!) and the game froze at 50% loading. Nothing happened for minutes, so I force-quit the application and did it again.

So yeah, that's my feedback for you guys. I can imagine, as it's close to shipping, that this won't get fixed until day one - but I have faith that these tiny things will get better. Thanks for listening to your fans, the game is GREAT!

Same thing here, realy loving the beta on PS4 but the framerate is too inconsistant, I dont mind unlocked framerate but it should hoover between at least 45-60 not 20-60 cos it's to noticeable. Besides that I noticed some hard core pop-in like literaly in front of my face, another thing is the open/close doors animation I realy think it should be there by now. One last thing I would love is when you are strangling somebody you should be eable to drag them "by the neck" - somthing like MGS V has. It would be far more convinient than current system when first you need to strangle the drag the body when it's on the floor.

The beta had an inconsistent framerate on my end too.

I agree with the TC's point about garroting someone and 47's hands being out of position.

Also while I realize we only have the first 2 tutorial missions, I am hoping that in future missions not all of them will be situations where 47 must immediately grab a disguise to proceed. In Blood Money and prior Hitman titles, disguises were one option, not the necessity and often missions took place in scenarios where 47 could look around in his regular civilian suit before determining what he needed to do or if he needed a disguise. Public places such as opera houses, vineyards, and cruise ships. None of which demanded 47 to immediately take on a disguise before being able to proceed at all. So hopefully some future missions will allow 47 to stay in his starting attire and scout a bit first.

The only other thing I have noticed is trying to pick something up that is near a place to hide bodies can get difficult to control because pushing triangle activates both actions.

Otherwise so far so good, this feels much more like the Hitman we've enjoyed in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominemesis View Post
    I agree with the TC's point about garroting someone and 47's hands being out of position.

Also while I realize we only have the first 2 tutorial missions, I am hoping that in future missions not all of them will be situations where 47 must immediately grab a disguise to proceed. In Blood Money and prior Hitman titles, disguises were one option, not the necessity and often missions took place in scenarios where 47 could look around in his regular civilian suit before determining what he needed to do or if he needed a disguise. Public places such as opera houses, vineyards, and cruise ships. None of which demanded 47 to immediately take on a disguise before being able to proceed at all. So hopefully some future missions will allow 47 to stay in his starting attire and scout a bit first.

The only other thing I have noticed is trying to pick something up that is near a place to hide bodies can get difficult to control because pushing triangle activates both actions.

Otherwise so far so good, this feels much more like the Hitman we've enjoyed in the past.
    In the tutorial mission, I was able to get onto the boat in just my training gear, though I had to lockpick a door and do some sneaking.

Repost from Hitman Forums after realizing it should actually be here (sorry):

My 2 cents

So far so good, looks/plays as expected. Few minor details though: 1. There is an occasional lag/video stuttering in the cutscenes, 2. The 'subdue' animations are glitchy in that 47´s arm is at the same time exactly where the victim's head/neck/shoulder are as if transcending them. 3. Seems that the spoken dialogue is a little off the lips moving (not synchronized). 4. Challenge where you dress as Norfolk and kill your target after meeting him, for some reason does not check off as completed once complete (I did it several times just to check).

EDIT: As far as Challenges are concerned, there are either none in the 2nd 'Cuba' mission or it's a bug and the Challenges from the first mission still show into the 2nd mission (and there are no visible 2nd mission challenges).

2ND EDIT: The Challenges for the second mission appear actually, but only after finishing it all and restarting the mission from the story menu.

Also, whatever it is that is supposed to Load/Open after you finish it all (after the last cutscene) just fails to do so, tells me 'failed to fetch data' and gives me an option to retry (did several times) or go offline. And I assure you my inet connection on my PS4 is just fine.

Hey guys, I agree with you opinions. I really like the game as well. I had a different problem with the beta that was somewhat funny/annoying. My target was really hard to kill. I knocked him out with a hammer and wanted to blow him up while I was far away and safe. Except he survived. Then it took 3 shots to the head to expose of him. Is that normal?
    Heres a link.
    https://youtu.be/yayfnHRgrh8

Quote Originally Posted by zyga101 View Post
    Same thing here, realy loving the beta on PS4 but the framerate is too inconsistant, I dont mind unlocked framerate but it should hoover between at least 45-60 not 20-60 cos it's to noticeable. Besides that I noticed some hard core pop-in like literaly in front of my face, another thing is the open/close doors animation I realy think it should be there by now. One last thing I would love is when you are strangling somebody you should be eable to drag them "by the neck" - somthing like MGS V has. It would be far more convinient than current system when first you need to strangle the drag the body when it's on the floor.
    Yeah, that would be great! Actually, it was possible in Absolution. Would be great to have that back. And peeking through keyholes!

After playing the beta some more one thing that I am finding bugs me is the new neck snap on downed enemies, not just because the "neck snap" is a media cliche' much more so than anything in actual warfare or martial arts, but because the animation used is basically just 47 reaching down and applying almost no effort as he twists his hands. It gives the impression that people's necks are easier to snap than opening a jar of pickles or a twist top beer. Besides if its that easy, it makes you wonder why it takes him so long to subdue with a choke or garrote by comparison. Having 47 put a little more force into it would go a long way to making it look much more believable imo.

I'm loving it. Graphics are great. Animations are solid. I have no problem with the magnetized weapons or the fact that his weapons appear and disappear for a holstering mechanic. It's a bit odd that no one notices you poisoning drinks in plain sight. My main gripe is that when you shoot people, there are huge puffs of orange dust. It's really distracting. There's strange drops in sound when shooting the assault rifle and definitely technical hiccups during the cutscenes. Some dead bodies also flail about wildly on their own through the physical environments, but that's only happened a few times. The garotte animation is pretty awful as well. Honestly though, my only real problem are the puffs of amber dust that explode all over the place when you shoot people. It's really distracting and obscures the action when you're successfully landing shots on targets. Otherwise, I'm adoring this game. Great work, IO.

Also, this might be a bit nitpicky, but if an NPC is shot in the stomach, it'd be a bit more realistic if he looked injured, instead of carrying on as if he wasn't severely wounded. NPCs who've recovered from being shot in the leg should also limp, but once again, I'm being nitpicky. The shooting mechanics and correlating physics are just so satisfying, that it'd just be a bit disappointing if tiny little touches like the ones mentioned above aren't implemented to compliment the already fantastic feeling gunplay.

Hi, just wanted to say that I agree with the OP on points 2 & 3 of his post. I felt that the frame rate was fine with no studdering and no skipping with the exception of the opening cinematic during the first loading phase. Also noticed the glitches when using the strangle move. Other than that I loved what I saw so far.

I want human shields back with a new twist.

While holding the hostage you tell him "CALL FOR HELP" which alerts guards outside or nearby to come in -- then BLAM, BOOM, BANG!

Why can't we adjust the camera zoom? When outside the camera zooms out a bit too far for my taste, kinda which I had the option to keep it fixated like indoor zoom in.

Framerate and fibre wire kill animations are the only issues I have so far.

Agreed on the framerate shuddering and scratchy, clicky audio during the cutscenes while the game background loads.

Also, when I quit the game, the game got hung up perpetually on the outro-screen where it syncs information with the server. I had to leave the game entirely and use the Menu button to access "Close Application" in order to shut it down. I'm enjoying the game but these bugs didn't leave a good impression for me. Hopefully they can be ironed out.

Simplest beta feedback I can give, but a month from launch I am not sure how much impact it can have. From a perspective of game mechanics and systems, honestly, just carbon copy Blood Money. That's it.

Having played the beta, I can honestly say, its only ok and if I hadn't done so in order to try the beta, I wouldn't pre-order after having played it to be honest. It is in no way an improvement on anything Blood Money did.

If you did that, then all that left is making the hit targets compelling. 47's background might be better off as a mystery rather than fleshed out imo. The real story is often the hit targets, and why they make the player desire to kill them.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel, Blood Money worked, Absolution didn't, abandon concepts from it and just recreate Blood Money with new missions and a new story arch. That is the best feedback I can give to let you know what I want from a Hitman game.