Thread: Reconnect Countdown Bug (or: why 4-2-1+1≠4)

Reconnect Countdown Bug (or: why 4-2-1+1≠4)

1. Reconnect Countdown Bug (or: why 4-2-1+1≠4)

So this just happened:

Two players on the enemy team left in the beginning of the match.
    Countdown starts, the game is about to end.
    Third player of the enemy team leaves and reconnects.
    System thinks everything is okay now and stops countdown.

The two remaining players now could not leave without penalty, because the game somehow thought the team was full again.

Worst part: In the second round the two players left the game and it did not end despite being 4-0 now (one of them reconnected again to avoid the penalty, but still there were no signs of it ending while it was 4-0).

Why does the system not count the number of players in a team, but resets the countdown after the first reconnect?

Originally Posted by enkaku-silence-
    So this just happened:

Two players on the enemy team left in the beginning of the match.
    Countdown starts, the game is about to end.
    Third player of the enemy team leaves and reconnects.
    System thinks everything is okay now and stops countdown.

The two remaining players now could not leave without penalty, because the game somehow thought the team was full again.

Worst part: In the second round the two players left the game and it did not end despite being 4-0 now (one of them reconnected again to avoid the penalty, but still there were no signs of it ending while it was 4-0).

Why does the system not count the number of players in a team, but resets the countdown after the first reconnect?
    There is people using this bug at their advantage. I don't know if this is already known, or what am i supposed to do.
    I just played a match where one of my teammates disconnected after a minute or so. Countdown started... TWO of the enemy team immediatly disconnected and rejoined quickly. The countdown stopped. Even if we were 3vs4, I couldn't safely leave the game without penalty. Everything was fine for the game.
    Tell me where i have to send it and i'll give you the noscam replay, i archived it.
    Time to teach some people a bit of sportsmanship, i guess.

Yes i experienced this cheating exploit in the last few days.

The player said to "Blame Psyonix, its a glitch" and proceeded to respond to us calling him a cheat with... "All the top Eternal Ranked players do it, how do you think they have all wins and no losses"

In league play this is obviously being used by the top players to get the monetary rewards from the blood tier and stop those without the knowledge how to do this from competing

My question is, do the devs know about this abuse and are they doing anything about it?

Thank you for the report. We've have a fix on the way for both of these bugs with the next update.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch