Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [DISCUSSION] Disguise Gameplay

Disguises Bug:

Mission: the final Test

In the final test the Airfield security wear Green uniforms if you change the outfit the first time it is also Green.
    If you change it to an Soilder and than back it is Blue!

Enemies see through my disguise, when I'm not facing them. They can recognize their every co-worker from their forehead? Wow.. Imo this takes away from the realism, they should not spot me if I'm wearing correct uniform with back turned to them. At least not nearly at same speed

I also dislike the sound it makes. Is that wind?

Only just started playing the Beta however something I noticed that was also a major issue with Absolution was the suspicion system; Disguised as a simple maintenance crew worker got me exposed and although I understand that it's because I was in front of them, would they really know everyone in that working group? It makes somewhat sense that the bodyguards would know who is also a bodyguard but I fail to understand why an unknown maintenance worker is suddenly a cause of alarm.

I think the new system is the right step into the future but on the other hand there are many things that you guys didnt think through ,like if some players want to turn off those senses cause they think its a cheat and would like to make the game as real as possible for them than there is no way how to distinguish between disguises of a low rank officer / agent from a high ranking just by looking at them (different uniforms, ranks on the uniform, conversations, etc., to identify them, now thats one problem with the Disguises the second one is you can hear people talking miles away, like really ? - I think we learned from the previous games that that is a huge anti immersion / mistake for a game to do that. Third you guys said that theres not gonna be any imagination bags which you partialy done but why not do it fully so that the game could feel more immersive and real, like taking a silver barel or garrote from just your jeans pocket ? xD lol and not to mention the animation the gun is on my back and i equip it and bua la its in my hands ..... AAA+ title....... like lol. I personally consider weapon hiding a part of disguise system cause you cant wear any weapon as a police officer, swat member etc. there are certain restrictions that you pointed out and i like that ! cause it also supports the lost and found weapon system.

So far the game looks promising and i cross my fingers for you devs that its gonna turn out to be a
    next gen good hitman game !

Good luck, till the launch and thanks for reading my thoughts !
    SkRalko

The disguise system is pretty great, though as mentioned it would be even better if distance and facing were factored in somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by RushXX View Post
    Disguises Bug:

Mission: the final Test

In the final test the Airfield security wear Green uniforms if you change the outfit the first time it is also Green.
    If you change it to an Soilder and than back it is Blue!
    Get the same loading saved game, from boat to cuba level.

One minor gripe is hiding bodies after disguising. In the first mission you're told to hide the body of a maintenance worker in a nearby bathroom. In the Final Test you can hide a body behind the car where you first spawn. But there is no indication of any kind that the body is now hidden. It would be nice if we could enable a hint that the current location qualifies as hiding a body, to avoid guesswork especially when trying to meet requirements such as "always hide bodies".

Quote Originally Posted by NullQuery View Post
    One minor gripe is hiding bodies after disguising. In the first mission you're told to hide the body of a maintenance worker in a nearby bathroom. In the Final Test you can hide a body behind the car where you first spawn. But there is no indication of any kind that the body is now hidden. It would be nice if we could enable a hint that the current location qualifies as hiding a body, to avoid guesswork especially when trying to meet requirements such as "always hide bodies".
    I'm not sure what you're expecting here - if you put the body in a crate or locker or whatever then it's definitely hidden but behind a car? It's only hidden until somebody finds it and it's probably asking too much of the game to have it predict the future.

Joking aside, it's up to the player to decide if they think the body is well-hidden or not.

Since we're talking about disguises and the enforcer system is its buddy, let's talk about that too.

I'm not sure how I feel about the enforcer system.

I think it's a good system in theory and I was really glad it was getting introduced after the community wanted it for so long, but I had problems with it. Since I'm playing with the UI elements off, it ended up being a game of trial and error. I find myself inching every new room I'm entering, because I don't know if an enforcer is there or not. That would be easily fixable by introducing some kind of visual aspect to the NPCs models (just a different hat or a badge that I can spot from the distance), but since the enforcers seem to be different for every disguise, I couldn't think of an answer. My main worry is that this will end up being frustrating on bigger maps. I guess it's not really a problem with the enforcer system itself, but with the game not giving the player enough feedback if he decides to make things more challenging for himself.

You could say it's my fault for turning stuff off, but I think the game should be balanced never mind what kind of choices I end up making to spice up my experience.

The enforcer system also seems to bug out or I might not be understanding it correctly, but I had multiple occassions on which NPCs that didn't spot me before were spotting me and then went back to not caring. That happened mostly with the soviet soldiers and the KGB officer for some reason.

I'm very pleased with how the disguise system works in the new game. However, I too would like the action of disguising to take longer. Maybe make it so that it takes longer to disguise into the uniform of a person and shorter to disguise into an uniform on the ground? Realistically, that would make sense.

Also, how about giving the player the option to pick between the classic suspicion bar and the new auditory feedback swoosh thingy?

I really like the new disguise system, as most other Beta players seem to. A few things come to mind, though, which may or may not have been mentioned. I didn't read the entire thread; I thought that if others have said the same things, then I'll be supporting these suggestions by repeating them, making them more likely to make their way into the final game:

- The white dot on the Enforcers is, perhaps, a bit too "on the nose". I do think it should be visible in Instinct Mode, but it'd add to the immersion if there were other visual cues to help recognise the Enforcers more naturally when not in Instinct mode, such as slight differences in their uniforms. In addition, the player would have the possibility to turn the dots "always on", "always off", or "on in Instinct Mode".

- The Suspicion Indicator is, at times, too small. I sometimes have trouble figuring out the direction in which it is pointing.

- Bug?: When someone is suspicious of me and the suspicion is cleared by changing my disguise, for example, the Suspicion Indicator seems to do what it does when someone turns hostile, and points at the person who is now no longer suspicious of me. This is confusing.

- Being able to break the line of sight by hiding in a crowd be good, in my opinion.

- Distance should matter more when it comes to suspicion.

- Non-civilian NPCs should be more suspicious of actual suspicious activity. I should not be able to "disappear" by just ducking behind a crate and breaking the line of sight when someone is becoming suspicious of me and looking right at me. Anyone would become more suspicious of someone when they see him ducking behind a crate; or worse, repeatedly popping up and then going back behind it, yet the NPCs don't find that suspicious at all.

I like the system, it seems well balanced so disguises work well on their own without making you nearly invisible.

This is not directly related to disguises but social stealth in general, but the AI doesn't seem to mind you crouching everywhere. What that means is that there's never any reason to stand up because it's not any less suspicious than crouching and crouching allows you to hide behind tables and other small objects more easily.

Clearly a step up from absolution's system. Though that's not really saying much I genuinely like the idea of a higher up knowing the entire crew where as a normal worker being none the wiser. It's a well done yet immersive system. The only problem is that most disguises have only 1-4 enforcers making it pretty easy to just run around freely and avoid them. This gets even worse when using the disguises that are impervious to enforcers such as the Captain of the ship or the KGB Officer as you can run basically anywhere, with no risk.

In short the system is good but pretty easy to outwit after a few hours of play.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12