Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49

Thread: Technical Issues (Not for bugs)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    667

    Exclamation Technical Issues (Not for bugs)

    This thread is only for critical technical issues, that's anything that stops you from progressing or accessing the game.

    Please do not report 'minor' bugs such as graphical glitches here.

    We'll recommend that you check out the BETA FAQ, which answers many of your questions!
    https://hitman.com/news/hitman-beta-faq
    Last edited by Travis_IO; 11th Feb 2016 at 17:59.

  2. #2
    Found one little but annoying bug while playing PS4 version that prevents from completing Challenges - The Private Meeting did not want to mark as completed:
    - on first attempt I used coins, got Norfolk behind structure and knocked him out without alerting NPCs, changed clothes, met target near bar, went to room with him, used wire to kill him, hid his body in closet, finished mission via helicopter - only Spare Change, Classic Hitman and The Cleaner were marked as done;
    - on second attempt I lured him the same way but used firearm to kill him, disguised, met target near room, went inside, shot him to head from behind, left via car - nothing unlocked;
    - on third attempt I did all the same but this time I used explosive - placed it on wall behind target, detonated it, escaped room through window and finished mission via helicopter - unlocked Pay that Stuntman a Bonus! but nothing else;
    - on fourth attempt I decided to disguise as someone else at first (thought that maybe game did not see that I was in Norfolk's clothes as I always got them in first minute and they were my first and only disguise on these attempts) - so I went to guards' booth on right side of map (if looked from spawn as mission begins) and used wire to silently kill the guard, hid him and disguised as him, then went on other side of map and did all the same to mechanic, went back and forth several times changing disguises from Mechanic to Guard to Training and other way, then disguised as mechanic I lured Norfolk, got his clothes, met target when he was talking to woman near wineglass we can poison, went to room with him, killed him with wire, left via helicopter - and still The Private Meeting remained uncompleted;
    - I turned my console off and on several times, spent time to complete all other challenges on this map, repeated first and fourth attempts, saved and loaded in various points during mission but nothing changed;
    - However, I actually managed to complete it 15 minutes ago - I lured and used wire on Norfolk, went with target to his room, shot him from behind (The Private Meeting still did not appear neither on screen when I killed him nor in Feats), then went to lonely mechanic, killed him and disguised as him, then went to Norfolk's corpse and put on my training clothes, looked at Feats (challenge still was not marked), finished by using car - nothing appeared on mission's ending screen. Started it again, opened challenges and it actually is now marked as done.

    There you have it. I don't know what caused this type of problem for me but maybe game did not recognize that 47 was disguised as Norfolk and only did it after I switched between his outfit and mechanic's, however when I did so before killing target it still did not mark this challenge as completed. Or maybe I needed to finish mission in Training clothes, but it was not necessary for my friend - he changed disguise only once on mission from training to Norfolk, killed target, saw The Private Meeting appear in upper-right corner and left via helicopter and challenge appeared on mission ending screen.
    Last edited by Gankutsuou; 12th Feb 2016 at 19:26.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    214
    Unsure whether or not the account linking feature works. Tried it without any notice or warning that my email is linked up.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gankutsuou View Post
    Found one little but annoying bug while playing PS4 version that prevents from completing Challenges - The Private Meeting did not want to mark as completed:
    - on first attempt I used coins, got Norfolk behind structure and knocked him out without alerting NPCs, changed clothes, met target near bar, went to room with him, used wire to kill him, hid his body in closet, finished mission via helicopter - only Spare Change, Classic Hitman and The Cleaner were marked as done;
    - on second attempt I lured him the same way but used firearm to kill him, disguised, met target near room, went inside, shot him to head from behind, left via car - nothing unlocked;
    - on third attempt I did all the same but this time I used explosive - placed it on wall behind target, detonated it, escaped room through window and finished mission via helicopter - unlocked Pay that Stuntman a Bonus! but nothing else;
    - on fourth attempt I decided to disguise as someone else at first (thought that maybe game did not see that I was in Norfolk's clothes as I always got them in first minute and they were my first and only disguise on these attempts) - so I went to guards' booth on right side of map (if looked from spawn as mission begins) and used wire to silently kill the guard, hid him and disguised as him, then went on other side of map and did all the same to mechanic, went back and forth several times changing disguises from Mechanic to Guard to Training and other way, then disguised as mechanic I lured Norfolk, got his clothes, met target when he was talking to woman near wineglass we can poison, went to room with him, killed him with wire, left via helicopter - and still The Private Meeting remained uncompleted;
    - I turned my console off and on several times, spent time to complete all other challenges on this map, repeated first and fourth attempts, saved and loaded in various points during mission but nothing changed;
    - However, I actually managed to complete it 15 minutes ago - I lured and used wire on Norfolk, went with target to his room, shot him from behind (The Private Meeting still did not appear neither on screen when I killed him nor in Feats), then went to lonely mechanic, killed him and disguised as him, then went to Norfolk's corpse and put on my training clothes, looked at Feats (challenge still was not marked), finished by using car - nothing appeared on mission's ending screen. Started it again, opened challenges and it actually is now marked as done.

    There you have it. I don't know what caused this type of problem for me but maybe game did not recognize that 47 was disguised as Norfolk and only did it after I switched between his outfit and mechanic's, however when I did so before killing target it still did not mark this challenge as completed. Or maybe I needed to finish mission in Training clothes, but it was not necessary for my friend - he changed disguise only once on mission from training to Norfolk, killed target, saw The Private Meeting appear in upper-right corner and left via helicopter and challenge appeared on mission ending screen.
    Same thing happened to me. Glad I'm not the only one who's having this problem. I'm still trying to get this challenge to be marked as done.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    214
    For anyone having issue with "The Private Meeting" feat:

    When you meet up with the target, wait until all the dialogue is finished. He'll tell you to enjoy the party, at which point he'll turn away from the computer. Garrote him and it should unlock. Worked for me.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by radioteque View Post
    For anyone having issue with "The Private Meeting" feat:

    When you meet up with the target, wait until all the dialogue is finished. He'll tell you to enjoy the party, at which point he'll turn away from the computer. Garrote him and it should unlock. Worked for me.
    Didn't work for me - on fourth attempt I met with target and let him live for more than 20 minutes while he was trying to remember his password and then garroted him - no difference.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    214
    Hmm. The wait period before he tells you to enjoy the party was roughly 5 minutes for me. Maybe you weren't close enough to him?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by radioteque View Post
    Hmm. The wait period before he tells you to enjoy the party was roughly 5 minutes for me. Maybe you weren't close enough to him?
    Nah, I meant I heard him say that and then spent 20 more minutes either walking near him, or just going back and forth on yacht.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Gankutsuou View Post
    Nah, I meant I heard him say that and then spent 20 more minutes either walking near him, or just going back and forth on yacht.
    Damn. I managed to nab him just as he turned away from the computer.

    I got Norfolk subdued, took his clothes, went straight to the target, target led me to the computer room, waited about 5 mins, target turned around, garrote. That's basically the step by step - although it sounds like you've tried a few solutions

  10. #10
    1. No subtitles in cutscenes
    2. After reloading the game not all challenges save and passed challenges not always show on "Mission accomplished" window
    3. Strange bomb plant combination L1 + R1
    4. When Hitman disguises as Norfolk and meets Kalvin Ritter on Deck 01. Ritter first goes to a wrong place, then turns around and goes the right place.
    5. After PS4 "Rest mode" game shows a "no connection" message and after completing the first mission it doesn't show challenges for second mission (Final test).

  11. #11
    My biggest gripe has been the connection to the severs. I'll complete a mission and do a number of challenges but then upon returning to the home screen then it will lose connection and I'm forced to go offline. I'm able to go back online by selecting the "Go Online" option on the home screen but once I'm back online then the challenges won't appear to have been completed. I'm having to go back and do challenges three and four times now and just hope that the connection will stick through the loading screen after I've completed a mission so the challenges will be marked as completed. I'm not sure if it's due to the sheer amount of people trying to connect to the servers yesterday because of the release so I'm holding out hope that today is better.

    Also, as some have pointed out, "The Private Meeting" challenge doesn't seem to work. I've tried it multiple times and nothing works.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1987 View Post
    1. No subtitles in cutscenes
    2. After reloading the game not all challenges save and passed challenges not always show on "Mission accomplished" window
    3. Strange bomb plant combination L1 + R1
    4. When Hitman disguises as Norfolk and meets Kalvin Ritter on Deck 01. Ritter first goes to a wrong place, then turns around and goes the right place.
    5. After PS4 "Rest mode" game shows a "no connection" message and after completing the first mission it doesn't show challenges for second mission (Final test).
    1, 3, 4 and 5 are not critical issues that prevent from progressing in game - they are not fit for this topic.

  13. #13
    Had an issue with the free form boat level. Hard freeze of the map. Clicking noise and had to exit back to PS4 home menu. This has only happened once.

  14. #14
    I too am having issues completing the Norfolk challenge, as well as the assassin, suit only challenge for the final test. No variations in strategy result in completion. I have only these two left to complete and was wondering if there is a trick I'm missing.

  15. #15
    I cant get "The private meeting" to unlock either. No matter what i do. Also the "Security bypassed " challenge did not work when i went past the guard shack, unlocked the gate, made my way down to the lowest level where the guard is smoking by the generator, subdued and took his clothes, went back out the way i came and walked up the main enterance onto the yacht. However, the challenge did unlock when i went to the guard shack, subdued the one in the shack, took his clothes and shot the other two just outside the shack and walked onto the yacht. In other words, even though the challenge states "board the yacht disguised as a security guard", it seems to be picky with which guard you actually took the clothes from. It wont unlock with any guard uniform that you get.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjasonjayman View Post
    I cant get "The private meeting" to unlock either. No matter what i do. Also the "Security bypassed " challenge did not work when i went past the guard shack, unlocked the gate, made my way down to the lowest level where the guard is smoking by the generator, subdued and took his clothes, went back out the way i came and walked up the main enterance onto the yacht. However, the challenge did unlock when i went to the guard shack, subdued the one in the shack, took his clothes and shot the other two just outside the shack and walked onto the yacht. In other words, even though the challenge states "board the yacht disguised as a security guard", it seems to be picky with which guard you actually took the clothes from. It wont unlock with any guard uniform that you get.
    It's probably because the first time you board the yacht you need to already be in guard's disguise, however you boarded the yacht without this disguise and then went to the guard on the lowest deck to get his clothes.
    Last edited by Gankutsuou; 14th Feb 2016 at 05:39.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1
    HERES A MAJOR TECHNICAL ISSUE, NO *** BETA CODE WHEN ORDERED FROM THE SQUARE ENIX STORE! WHAT THE ?!?!? IF I COMMIT TO PAYING $140 FOR A GAME I SHOULD GET ALL THAT I AM PROMISED!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    14
    Typing in caps will DEFINITELY make all of your problems go away, though.

    I'm like 100% on that.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjasonjayman View Post
    I cant get "The private meeting" to unlock either. No matter what i do. Also the "Security bypassed " challenge did not work when i went past the guard shack, unlocked the gate, made my way down to the lowest level where the guard is smoking by the generator, subdued and took his clothes, went back out the way i came and walked up the main enterance onto the yacht. However, the challenge did unlock when i went to the guard shack, subdued the one in the shack, took his clothes and shot the other two just outside the shack and walked onto the yacht. In other words, even though the challenge states "board the yacht disguised as a security guard", it seems to be picky with which guard you actually took the clothes from. It wont unlock with any guard uniform that you get.
    I finally got "The Private Meeting" challenge to unlock last night after trying probably 10 times, and it's like how radioteque explained. I waited until Ritter told me to go and enjoy the party and garroted him right as he took a step away from the computer. Hopefully it was just a bug and there won't be other challenges that are that picky, like what you said about the "Security Bypassed" challenge. As long as you do what the challenge states, it shouldn't matter where you get the disguise or how you go about getting it.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by radioteque View Post
    Damn. I managed to nab him just as he turned away from the computer.

    I got Norfolk subdued, took his clothes, went straight to the target, target led me to the computer room, waited about 5 mins, target turned around, garrote. That's basically the step by step - although it sounds like you've tried a few solutions
    I just garrotted the target as soon as he started typing on the computer and it worked, so you definitely don't have to wait around or anything. It seems like it just isn't triggering properly a lot of the time.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by TangibleOrange View Post
    I finally got "The Private Meeting" challenge to unlock last night after trying probably 10 times, and it's like how radioteque explained. I waited until Ritter told me to go and enjoy the party and garroted him right as he took a step away from the computer. Hopefully it was just a bug and there won't be other challenges that are that picky, like what you said about the "Security Bypassed" challenge. As long as you do what the challenge states, it shouldn't matter where you get the disguise or how you go about getting it.
    Ok i just got it like how you did. The trigger for the challenge seems to be in the little time between when he tells you to go enjoy the party and when hes about to walk away from the computer (only a second or two). Also seems to be that you HAVE to fiber wire him at that point, while the challenge states nothing about killing him; only meeting with him.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1
    Only issue i have come a cross is when killing someone with fiber wire it glitches so that 47 is standing next to the guy your killing. And today im not able to go online anymore. It just says to me that " Unable to connect to the HITMAN service. You are currently not allowed to Access the game. " Even though i have pre-ordered the game and i have played it on online b4.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1987 View Post
    1. No subtitles in cutscenes
    2. After reloading the game not all challenges save and passed challenges not always show on "Mission accomplished" window
    3. Strange bomb plant combination L1 + R1
    4. When Hitman disguises as Norfolk and meets Kalvin Ritter on Deck 01. Ritter first goes to a wrong place, then turns around and goes the right place.
    5. After PS4 "Rest mode" game shows a "no connection" message and after completing the first mission it doesn't show challenges for second mission (Final test).
    I had the same issue: Challenges have not been saved when replaying a mission. And once, at the end of a mission, accomplished challenges have not been listed.
    Another issue came up, when the guards have been alarmed. While in a room with the guards, I hid in the closet. The guards went hostile right away, which is good. But instead of getting me out of the closet, they shot at the closet without injuring me. I could have stood for hours in there. Perhaps you can fix that.

  24. #24

    Unable to connect to HITMAN service

    Quote Originally Posted by Miiffail View Post
    Only issue i have come a cross is when killing someone with fiber wire it glitches so that 47 is standing next to the guy your killing. And today im not able to go online anymore. It just says to me that " Unable to connect to the HITMAN service. You are currently not allowed to Access the game. " Even though i have pre-ordered the game and i have played it on online b4.
    Me too, suddenly can't get online today. Nothing about my connection or anything else has changed. Sadness.
    Last edited by Mini-Nuke; 15th Feb 2016 at 16:26. Reason: derp

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Nuke View Post
    Me too, suddenly can't get online today. Nothing out my connection has changed. Sadness.
    I think the beta ended early this morning (5 am EST)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •