Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Nosgoth - Class Warfare: Beastmaster

Nosgoth - Class Warfare: Beastmaster

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    I've managed to land a Savage Pounce onto one
    Sounds like an ideal Daily Challenge.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I was mostly asking how many people are involved in testing than who does it. If it's only a small number, I'd say it's unreasonable to expect it to be completely balanced bug free right from the start.
    I'd say that's unreasonable regardless of team size. Balance and bugtesting isn't magic, and the actual players will always find new ways to break a game. This will definitely be a bit of a chaotic addition to start though.

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    I wondered if there are/going to be different skins for the Treshawk?
    Given that the treshawk is particularly singled out akin to an item/skill, this seems all but certain.
    And I dunno, I can't ever get anybody willing to put a hold on the game to orchestrate some good shots. Still out to surround Turel's statue with tyrants of various skins. (Though by chance, I do grab some great end-of-match shots, including one where a Deceiver looked like it was imitating the Crucifixion. XD)

A few of you have asked whether or not it's possible to attack him while in his Treshawk form. You can indeed. One thing to point out is that the Treshawk doesn't move quite as fast as you might think. I've managed to land a Savage Pounce onto one, and have had an Air Strike take me out while in bird form (it hit me from behind). I haven't seen a successful abduction attempt(the Treshawk is a fairly nimble fellow), so I'm afraid I can't comment on that atm.
    This is indeed the type of thing i wanted to ask...i hope you guys have made him vulnerable to everything in his bird state.
    i'd hope it is possible to do things like use Dominate Mind in his bird form

I wonder how some things are going to play out...like is it possible to Throw (Tyrant) him in his bird form...also, what happens if a Tyrant hits him (also bird form) upwards with Jump Attack?
    And as you mentioned, how would the Abduct (Sentinel) work against him?

Would any damage take him out of his bird form? So if you hit a Pounce, Abduct, Throw, Dominate Mind etc...make him go back to his human form?

(Just me wondering btw...can't wait to test these out)

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    i'd hope it is possible to do things like use Dominate Mind in his bird form

I wonder how some things are going to play out...like is it possible to Throw (Tyrant) him in his bird form...also, what happens if a Tyrant hits him (also bird form) upwards with Jump Attack?
    And as you mentioned, how would the Abduct (Sentinel) work against him?

Would any damage take him out of his bird form? So if you hit a Pounce, Abduct, Throw, Dominate Mindetc...make him go back to his human form?
    I'd imagine that a treshawk would be squashed outright if a Tyrant grabbed hold forcefully enough for a Throw. XD
    So it seems reasonable that there be a damage threshold.

If Dominate Mind pushed them out of bird form, Deceivers could gain some new value by dominating them high in the air. Fall damage and whatnot.

With regard to Nature's Fury, can only the Beastmaster shoot them or can teammates also take a shot at it?

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    With regard to Nature's Fury, can only the Beastmaster shoot them or can teammates also take a shot at it?
    Good question, I was thinking the same thing.
    On the one hand, having the team be able to shoot it opens a lot of tactical opportunities for structured play; then again, in public matches it can be bothersome of random shots trigger YOUR damage ability too early.
    Mabye thats why they increased the dmg and range while midair, to compensate for that

To those wondering about the possibility of customizing the Treshawk skins, yes that's something that we would certainly like to offer later down the line .

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    I'm 90% certain only the Beastmaster can shoot the grenade. Seeking clarification on this at the moment.

UPDATE:

More news, the latest build works in the following manner:

The Beastmaster changes back to his human form when hit by crowd control (stuns, knockbakcs/downs, pounces, throws etc).
    Confirmed: Only the owner of Natures Fury can detonate it early
    Confirmed: The Beastmaster can be pounced, thrown, hit by an air strike AND grabbed from the air by a Sentinel while a Treshawk.
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 15th Feb 2016 at 21:14.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

can you make that leyline affect only bm? they have slow firespeed and increase only own firespeed when necessary. not hunters or scouts.

Originally Posted by senjuj
    can you make that leyline affect only bm? they have slow firespeed and increase only own firespeed when necessary. not hunters or scouts.
    That would strip the creative part of the ability. It it turns out to be OP, maybe the second player could get a slightly weaker buff instead of a full additional 150%.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

well then could be changed vangs rousing cry to bms leyline.

UPDATE:

The Beastmaster changes back to his human form when hit by crowd control (stuns, knockbakcs/downs, pounces, throws etc).
    Confirmed: The Beastmaster can be pounced, thrown, hit by an air strike AND grabbed from the air by a Sentinel while a Treshawk.

What about the update concerning exact release date? :P

That’s good to know, its not that you randomly after 20 seconds turn back and fall plummeting to the ground and take fall damage, though that could be amusing – its raining Beastmasters

Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    What about the update concerning exact release date? :P
    Unconfirmed :P

That’s good to know, its not that you randomly after 20 seconds turn back and fall plummeting to the ground and take fall damage, though that could be amusing – its raining Beastmasters
    Oh, that absolutely happens as well...if you're in the Sky when your ability runs out, you will take a great deal of fall damage. Part of mastering the Treshawk is getting the most out of the bird before coming in for a safe landing.

Unconfirmed :P

Oh, that absolutely happens as well...if you're in the Sky when your ability runs out, you will take a great deal of fall damage. Part of mastering the Treshawk is getting the most out of the bird before coming in for a safe landing.
    There'd better be a reduced fall damage perk.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

UPDATE:
    Cool, so it's safe to assume Deceiver can control him in his bird-form.

On a completely different topic (but still about BM), is there any chance on changing his voice? It sounds too acute, doesn't seem to fit well the character (at least to my view).

UPDATE:

Can a sentinel grab the bird in the air with abduct or Kidnap?

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by MasterShuriko
    Can a sentinel grab the bird in the air with abduct or Kidnap?
    Already confirmed.

signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

Oh ok...that could be bad then...or amusing...or both! thank you for the heads up.

Oh ok...that could be bad then...or amusing...or both! thank you for the heads up.
    It introduces an element of risk/reward & adds that little bit of spice to some scenarios. I like it .

So any crowd control, stun, and special abilities can take the Beastmaster out of Treshawk form, that's great and it makes me look forward to facing him now.

It introduces an element of risk/reward & adds that little bit of spice to some scenarios. I like it .
    Indeed, I like what I'm hearing so far.
    One more question, can you climb or cling to walls in Treshawk form?
    I know the duration of the transform is not that long to warrant extended wall climbing but would be good to know if you can climb like a vamp while in that form.
    (I am guessing no, but thought I would ask anyway).

Also interested in seeing a physical model comparison to a normal Vamp. I'm guessing the Treshawk model is quite a bit smaller (as a bird/hawk would be).
    signature image

No, you cannot climb as the Treshawk, that would be bringing him a little bit too close the Sentinel territory. The Beastmaster is already an extremely flexible class, adding the ability to climb would feel like push the class a little bit too far.

The Treshawk was originally quite small. We since increased his size to make him slightly easier to hit as a Vampire. It's been a couple of weeks since I was able to make a playtest, so my memory is somewhat foggy, but do recall him having a wingspan of what would be around 4 or 5 feet.

Thanks for the response and confirmation Ogham.
    Not too long now I hope, possibly Friday?
    signature image

Originally Posted by SonixSquad
    Thanks for the response and confirmation Ogham.
    Not too long now I hope, possibly Friday?
    We typically try to avoid releasing updates on a Friday as we don't want to be out of the office the day after any sizable patch in case something needs to be changed/fixed/rolledback. This next update is considerably bigger than anything we've released in quite a long time, so we definitely won't be releasing the update on Friday.

We're working on it though, and will get it out to you guys as soon as QA has signed off on it .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5aZJBLAu1E

Gonna be away from the machine Friday so it actually does me fine to see nothing updating then.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last