Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Beastmaster: Status Update & Abilities revealed

Beastmaster: Status Update & Abilities revealed

Beastmaster: Status Update & Abilities revealed

Hello everyone,

A little bit over a week ago we stated that we were targeting this week for the Beastmaster’s release. In spite of our teams around the globe working into the wee hours of the morning and throughout the weekend, we will not be releasing the Beastmaster this week.

Actually…that’s not quite right. It’s not in spite of the extra work that has been put into this release, it’s BECAUSE of it. Over the weekend our QA team picked up on a final few issues that need to be addressed, and a little bit more polish applied, before delivering this rather large update into your hands. This is one of the largest single updates that Nosgoth has seen. Right now we’re working at full speed to get it ready for release and onto your PCs. We will get it to you as soon as it’s done, so we can’t give you a specific date just yet, but it should be a matter of days (<-that “S” is important :P) rather than weeks. We hope that you’ll bear with us while we wrangle to get the patch in order.

But fear not! We wouldn’t dream of leaving you empty-handed as far as Beastmaster content goes this week! We’ve got a couple more things to show you and discuss regarding the Beastmaster before his release. Today we’re introducing you to his abilities, and tomorrow we’ll be releasing a brand new video focused entirely on the class .

The Beastmaster's default loadout features Powershot, Chain Lightning & Swoop. Without further ado, let’s get stuck in!

Last edited by Oghamsmith; 11th Feb 2016 at 15:47.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

The Bird form has EYE icon meaning it can be viewed! Everyone comment GOOSE!! Make the beast master the Gease Master!

GIVE US A GOOSE SKIN!!!!

GOOSE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwXHob1snXw

Looks something already that you can get moist about.

Take your time. Wouldn't like to see anything related to rapid-fire axe chucking Vanguard. I also assume there'll be more shapeshifting abilities in future with their own unique skills.

So why Beastmaster instead of Shapeshifter or something related to in changing his form?

What was the thoughts with Leyline and 150% increase? common...

Scatter Shot Projectile, Chain lightning, Raining Fireballs, and (like Calypso pointed out) the possibility that there will be Alternate Skin for the Raptor as it is for the Human. This is incredible, it feels like it merges the best of the Engergist, Glyph Disciple, and Druid concepts. I hope there is a class bundle available for purchase on release, I'll have my runes ready and waiting.

These abilities sound like a lot of fun. Since it mentions firebird, maybe that could be an alternate skin for the treshawk. That would make a great prize for leagues!
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

It makes sense now to give rahabim some hook like abilities, can you imagine humans push when 4 beastmasters stacked?

Oh I so need to get a proper computer. I really miss this game but can't get it over 12 frames per second and other slowdowns anymore.

The beast master looks soooooo exciting to play as.
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

Originally Posted by ZittoN_
    What was the thoughts with Leyline and 150% increase? common...
    Agreed, this is so high it will be game breaking.
    Take hunter for example Repeater and Siege Bow will shoot their ENTIRE clips in 2 seconds dealing 1500ish dmg or ~750 dps, sure the recoil will be high but the dmg output is insane.
    And if it works with scouts' charge shots - charge shot for Warbow is 1 sec, Compound Bow and Stormbow - 0.8 sec and Swiftbow 0.52 sec. So the only thing stopping a scout from getting a quadra kill in those 5 sec is the clip size. Still with the Swiftbow a scout can take out 2 full hp vampires - 3.12sec for the charging 6 shots and the rest of the time for aiming.

Other than Leyline the skills seem pretty good and balanced.
    Last edited by vampirelucky; 11th Feb 2016 at 01:18.

Originally Posted by calypso-694
    The Bird form has EYE icon meaning it can be viewed! Everyone comment GOOSE!! Make the beast master the Gease Master!

GIVE US A GOOSE SKIN!!!!

GOOSE!!
    Please don't make them think making joke ideas a reality is something we want. April 1st, maybe.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    These abilities sound like a lot of fun. Since it mentions firebird, maybe that could be an alternate skin for the treshawk. That would make a great prize for leagues!
    I was just going to comment asking why they went with 'firebird' over 'phoenix'. XD
    Rather see it in chests or the store than leagues though. And being a fire bird, it's presumably another hellish spawn of Dark Eden. It does seem like the bird will have different skin options ala the Vanguard's shield either way, so that's great.

All around loving this class already. A staggering shotgun, chain lightning, raptors...

"Leyline" seems utterly bland by comparison but that's not exactly a damning critique: Everything else is just really awesome. (Though 150% does seem a bit much. I don't know the numbers enough to really call it out.)

As for possible raptor skins: Crows. Osprey. Owls. (Bats? Not raptors or even birds of any sort...But maybe the Scourge has learned from watching vampires take the form...)

Always wanted a kinda jetpack+shotgun class for nosgoth because it was awesome in natural-selection 1, just never thought this would be ever released in nosgoth because of balance. But here we go . Kinda got the feeling that this class will be beyond broken on release, Leyline near a hunter will turn his repeater into a gatling-gun. Also Powershot and you won't get touched but hard to say without knowing the range and damage of the class and how the flying is. Also how good the actual melee-roll is could make or break the class for me. Hyped as , hurry up and release it already Also how the meta will change.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 11th Feb 2016 at 13:21. Reason: tou#3

Perhaps the 150% for leyline is based on the shotguns having a low base firing rate. If so, maybe the beastmaster should get the full boost and the partner a bit less.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

So.. how does it work?
    With the bird I mean...

Do you have him as a pet or transform into him by holding some key?
    Humans only have 2 abilities and a weapon, so why is the bird not either - but its own classification.

Very intriguing - I think this will completely change the meta.
    Oh and that 5s CD on Chain Lightning.. wow

im so hyped, sounds like a lot of fun!

Cool sounds OP as , inb4 mobile quad leyline + chain lightning instagib squads ruin the game in hilarious fashion

Originally Posted by --Ram--
    Cool sounds OP as , inb4 mobile quad leyline + chain lightning instagib squads ruin the game in hilarious fashion
    There's no way leyline would allow rapid fire lightning. I'm pretty sure chain lightning would be only be a single shot and then need to recharge.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    Humans only have 2 abilities and a weapon, so why is the bird not either - but its own classification.
    If it's in the inventory, but not counted as an ability, then it's most likely s skin that would presumably go in the same slot as the Vanguard's shield.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 11th Feb 2016 at 10:45.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    There's no way leyline would allow rapid fire lightning. I'm pretty sure chain lightning would be only be a single shot and then need to recharge.
    Not what I meant, I just mean 150% increase for 2 guys sounds disgustingly OP on its own. I don't expect it to interact with CL.

Can't wait to lay my hands on him.

Did any one else think of Robin Williams's Raptor Rap from Mrs Doubtfire when reading the part about the raptor? (I know, that's a bit random. )

Originally Posted by --Ram--
    Not what I meant, I just mean 150% increase for 2 guys sounds disgustingly OP on its own.
    They probably failed at grammar again though.
    The perks are still not corrected in that regard:
    Bloodweaver says 200% increase in shields, but its only a 100% INCREASE (from 100% to 200%)

Likewise, I expect Leyline to only INCREASE the attack speed by 50% (from 100% to 150%; and NOT from 100% to 250%)

The key words to change in the context being "increase by" to "increase to" or just changing the %.

Originally Posted by kLauE187
    Also how good the actual melee-roll is could make or break the class for me.
    This is a very good point that I hope the devs keep in mind, I wish you guys could go over the alchemist melee attack animation too and make it a bit more snappy so it can be used to dodge stuff. I'd say the slow swing from alch is the reason she isn't playd nearly as much as the other classes.. I don't want this to happen to beastmaster too. :'(

Man, everything about this class sounds really great...i'm pretty hyped.

Only the Leyline ability kinda worries me though...i feel this might be too powerful when used with Hunter or Prophet.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    They probably failed at grammar again though.
    The perks are still not corrected in that regard:
    Bloodweaver says 200% increase in shields, but its only a 100% INCREASE (from 100% to 200%)

Likewise, I expect Leyline to only INCREASE the attack speed by 50% (from 100% to 150%; and NOT from 100% to 250%)

The key words to change in the context being "increase by" to "increase to" or just changing the %.

Bloodweaver still says 200% ... not like this got reported already ... I know, this dosent mean much ... and yeah daWolv is probably right (I would say they failed their Algebra, but whatever)
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    a matter of days (<-that “S” is important :P) rather than weeks
    well its been a whole week now... any news when the update comes?

How the did I miss this post?

Also, glad this wasn't just posted and it has indeed been 6 days which should mean any day now!
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

Page 1 of 3 123 Last