Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Beastmaster: Status Update & Abilities revealed

Beastmaster: Status Update & Abilities revealed

A bit of an update for you guys.

As mentioned on the last stream, we had been rabidly trying to crush bugs on a day by day basis for about two and a half weeks; always sprinting to obliterate as many as possible. That works for a certain amount of time. We fixed quite a few issues. However the effectiveness of that frenzied approach began to wear off over time. We bit the bullet and chose to pre-allocate a minimum of a few weeks to really dig down into the nitty gritty of the code and make sure it receives enough attention. So it'll be at least a couple of weeks before the Beastmaster release is ready to rock. It could be longer, but many a proverbial nose is to the grindstone in an effort to hit that goal.

EDIT: Oh, and I do want to let you know that of the shotgun concept art, we chose not to move forward with shotgun 4. The rest of them are in the game (I'm a big fan of the Heavy Shotgun, the recoil is pretty intense, it's a ton of fun to try and control).
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    A bit of an update for you guys.

As mentioned on the last stream, we had been rabidly trying to crush bugs on a day by day basis for about two and a half weeks; always sprinting to obliterate as many as possible. That works for a certain amount of time. We fixed quite a few issues. However the effectiveness of that frenzied approach began to wear off over time. We bit the bullet and chose to pre-allocate a minimum of a few weeks to really dig down into the nitty gritty of the code and make sure it receives enough attention. So it'll be at least a couple of weeks before the Beastmaster release is ready to rock. It could be longer, but many a proverbial nose is to the grindstone in an effort to hit that goal.

EDIT: Oh, and I do want to let you know that of the shotgun concept art, we chose not to move forward with shotgun 4. The rest of them are in the game (I'm a big fan of the Heavy Shotgun, the recoil is pretty intense, it's a ton of fun to try and control).
    Do you think you could clear up the bad translation of the weapon stats that I gave?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I'll put together an image similar to the ability one at the start of this thread, early next week.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by HexMee
    This is a very good point that I hope the devs keep in mind, I wish you guys could go over the alchemist melee attack animation too and make it a bit more snappy so it can be used to dodge stuff. I'd say the slow swing from alch is the reason she isn't playd nearly as much as the other classes.. I don't want this to happen to beastmaster too. :'(
    Yes, please

We bit the bullet and chose to pre-allocate a minimum of a few weeks to really dig down into the nitty gritty of the code and make sure it receives enough attention. So it'll be at least a couple of weeks before the Beastmaster release is ready to rock. It could be longer, but many a proverbial nose is to the grindstone in an effort to hit that goal.
    2 months without any fixes ... Hopefully you guys will roll back to the idea of smaller but regular patches. Can't imagine why it was decided to put together lots of stuff and therefore delay it for so long.

So it'll be at least a couple of weeks before the Beastmaster release is ready to rock. It could be longer, but many a proverbial nose is to the grindstone in an effort to hit that goal.
    That's sad news, so I guess we won't get the update at least till about the end of march

Yeah, I noticed there was an extra shotgun there (in Vampmaster's pic) which didn't appear in the beast-master video. But im a bit confused...you're saying it's coming later or are you guys not making it? (seemed like the latter)

Page 3 of 3 First First 123