Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Beastmaster: Status Update & Abilities revealed

Beastmaster: Status Update & Abilities revealed

Yeah ... Today would be just fine , got a free day tomorrow
    signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

Originally Posted by senjuj
    Hahah, thanks for that, its been playing for about 20 mins now :P.

Originally Posted by Wolf_the_Legend
    Yeah ... Today would be just fine , got a free day tomorrow
    "A matter of days rather than weeks" gave us up until the point that 2 weeks had passed (so 13 days, the 23rd of Feb). I've got my fingers crossed that we can still stick within that timeframe, but there are a few bugs that are being tricky little buggers and refuse to leave the update without causing other problems. We're hammering away at them, however there is the potential that one or all of them could be an issue by the time 13 days have passed.

This is the biggest patch that we've released in a long time, certainly the biggest since I've come onto the project. There's a great deal of complexity to what we're adding. We're doing everything we can to make sure it's as bug-free as possible before getting the patch out to you guys. But this does take time. Devs at Psyonix, SE Montreal and SE London have continued to work through weekends and into the night. If we haven't released the patch by the 23rd of Feb, I'll be sure to get another status update to you then.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Wow, that looks quite awsm!

I´m looking forward for more ways to transform the beastmaster, so you can switch the bird against a bear or wolf.
    Beastmaster seems to be useable in every situation!

*wave hand* You will not leave the office untill this patch is complete *wave hand again* You tell your colleagues to work 24/7 untill this patch is ready for release *wave hand thirth time* on your way now...
    signature image
    The descent had destroyed me... and yet I lived.

Originally Posted by SonixSquad
    How the did I miss this post?

Also, glad this wasn't just posted and it has indeed been 6 days which should mean any day now!
    True...although, this probably means they're still fixing bugs...and we don't want bugs, so we just gotta wait.

Lets not forget this is going to be a big update...this class is special due to his bird form, and i bet there are many crazy stuff happening because of this, like e.g. being Abducted in bird form.
    Also, they're also making the new Sentinel ability "Sonic Boom".

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Hahah, thanks for that, its been playing for about 20 mins now :P.

"A matter of days rather than weeks" gave us up until the point that 2 weeks had passed (so 13 days, the 23rd of Feb). I've got my fingers crossed that we can still stick within that timeframe, but there are a few bugs that are being tricky little buggers and refuse to leave the update without causing other problems. We're hammering away at them, however there is the potential that one or all of them could be an issue by the time 13 days have passed.

This is the biggest patch that we've released in a long time, certainly the biggest since I've come onto the project. There's a great deal of complexity to what we're adding. We're doing everything we can to make sure it's as bug-free as possible before getting the patch out to you guys. But this does take time. Devs at Psyonix, SE Montreal and SE London have continued to work through weekends and into the night. If we haven't released the patch by the 23rd of Feb, I'll be sure to get another status update to you then.
    It's probably best to wait until the following week even if the bugs you mentioned get fixed sooner. League will be over by then and there'd be less chance of issues being overlooked due to rushing.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Why this is a Beastmaster without any actual beasts at his control ? I mean, why we even should call him a Beastmaster then? Bcz he is transforming to a goose? Even "Druid" or "Shaman" more suits this character, imao.

Originally Posted by Kootkha
    Why this is a Beastmaster without any actual beasts at his control ? I mean, why we even should call him a Beastmaster then? Bcz he is transforming to a goose? Even "Druid" or "Shaman" more suits this character, imao.
    Indeed it's a bit strange...cause he doesn't control any beasts (as would be expected of a beast-master), rather he shifts/transforms into one.
    Unless it's some weird magic, where he does some form of pact with the creature he transforms into...e.g. a blood pact, resulting into being able to transform into the creature you "pacted" with...

Even if so, he is not a master to a beast he transforms to. The whole need to conclude the PACT between them at least speaks for their equality. Bane was a druid, as I remember. Maybe it would be a bit more logic to rename this character into "druid" or "shaman" ? Btw it is common to many shamanistic cultures and beliefs, when shaman "sings pact" by his rituals with spirits (even with spirits of nature, like animal- souls) that grants him powers he needs.

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Unless it's some weird magic, where he does some form of pact with the creature he transforms into...e.g. a blood pact, resulting into being able to transform into the creature you "pacted" with...
    The lore suggests that it's less a transformation, more a mind swap - indeed, fueled by draining the beast's lifeforce. No sign of a pact though, just a cruel forced exchange.

A quick question regarding the bm skills:
    Will chain lightening also hit evading Reavers or disguised Deceivers? And if a Deceiver is hit, will the disguise cancel? 100 damage, even for at best every vamp, doesn't seem nearly as useful as nature's fury.

Originally Posted by CoookieJar
    A quick question regarding the bm skills:
    Will chain lightening also hit evading Reavers or disguised Deceivers? And if a Deceiver is hit, will the disguise cancel? 100 damage, even for at best every vamp, doesn't seem nearly as useful as nature's fury.
    Look at the Cooldown though!

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    Look at the Cooldown though!
    Oh, somehow I missed that, thanks.
    100 extra damage every 4,25 seconds should be annoyance enough.

Agggh, the waiting... Curse you, bugs, you still owe me a chess match with Vorador!

All the more time to clear some schedule space though.

Apologies if this has alrready been posted, but I just came across these online:

(click image to enlarge)
    *I used google translate for this, so I may have misinterpreted parts. I've tried to paraphrase.*
    Each shell produces 4-6 shots, causing damage separately. Shots spread over distance and apply reduced damage.
    1. Repeating Shotgun (rapid-fire), 15 damage points per shot at the same rate as the heavy (I'm not sure which that is) hunter's crossbow and has a clip of 20 shells.
    2. Standard Shotgun does 48 damage points per shot and has a clip of 5 shells.
    3.Heavy Shotgun does 48 damage points per shot, has high stopping power and a clip of 4 shells.
    4. No info.
    5. Hunters Shotgun is apparently the league reward, does 35 damage points per shot and has a clip of 7 shells and has a narrower spread.

Last edited by Vampmaster; 25th Feb 2016 at 15:02.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Looks awesome, Vampmaster...thx

But this damned Beastmaster will be released this week or I will became old waiting him?

Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    But this damned Beastmaster will be released this week or I will became old waiting him?
    He said weekS in the stream

Originally Posted by Thamior2311
    He said weekS in the stream
    By the time we get the beastmaster update, the keys for ranked season 6 will be in our inventory already... >_>

Awesome Vampmaster, Thank You.

Does anybody know what the name is for the skin that doesn't have it's face covered?

I'd reckon he will be released the end of march start of april

Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    Neither. Calm down.

Everyone will just be raging about balance issues once he's out anyway.

While I want to play Beastmaster ASAP, I also want to play him without game breaking bugs, so I'm fine with waiting. Could we possibly get another update on how things are going?

Originally Posted by JudgeEhud
    While I want to play Beastmaster ASAP, I also want to play him without game breaking bugs, so I'm fine with waiting. Could we possibly get another update on how things are going?
    An update would be nice...
    I'm quite eager for BM also.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last