Thread: ROTTR Needs a True Ng+ Mode (Possible minor spoilers)

ROTTR Needs a True Ng+ Mode (Possible minor spoilers)

As much as I enjoyed playing this game, Rise of the Tomb Raider needs a dedicated Ng+ mode in order to get the most out of it. The game has somereplay value with the Expeditions mode, but the "Replay Chapter Elite" component is too choppy and episodic to be a viable alternative. It's unfortunate that players have to go through 3/4 of the game (in some instances) to unlock certain weapons and gear and then only have a sliver of the story in which to use them. The end game content is simply focused on repetitive challenges such as "gather this" or "shoot 10 of that"; all of which do not require a rare weapon/item, that took most of the game to unlock, to complete them. Considering how many weapons, outfits, etc there are to unlock, there really aren't that many applications for using them once the story is completed. What's the point of getting some of the rarest stuff after the story is completed when all you can use those weapons and gear in are random encounters with Trinity soldiers as you try to get a 100% completion rating and the episodic replay chapter elite mode. Mass Effect and the Resident Evil titles are great examples of how Ng+ modes can be incorporated without breaking a game's story.

Before the PS4 version launches, please consider adding this feature. It would only add to the replability of the game, it wouldn't adversely affect the main story mode, and it would properly reward players who've spent the time to unlock weapons and gear with an opportunity to enjoy and utilize them in a mode that isn't so limited or episodic as what is mentioned above. Thanks for your time.

Cheers!

I agree! And I'm disappointed that there wasn't a model viewer like TR2013. They should add a model viewer and a cutscene viewer too.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenVtec View Post
    I agree! And I'm disappointed that there wasn't a model viewer like TR2013. They should add a model viewer and a cutscene viewer too.
    Agreed! I also forget about that this feature is in 2013