Thread: I'm taking a break

I'm taking a break

I'm taking a break

Don't know if anyone in the community cares, I don't think many know me aside from my posts in Suggestions and Feedback. However, I'm entirely fed up with matchmaking. I despaired when I realized how much hoping for an even matched game and never, ever get one. I was thoroughly disgusted with thinking about how many league matches I've ever played just to grind up to the Blood rank reward, just a skin or whatever.

The mechanics, art, and gameplay are good but meaningless without adequate matchmaking. I'll be back sometime, maybe.

I understand how you feel, I prefer to grind for progression rather than reward; and I think we all need to take time away every now and then. Do you think you'll give the new class a go before taking the break? That is the reason I'm participating in leagues this time, I'll be seeing it as leveling my class rather fighting for a reward.

Enjoy the break and I hope you'll come back with renewed enthusiasm.

Ah... No. I've practically lived for new abilities and adjustments to existing abilities and game mechanics. We had the rug yanked out from under us on the changes to vampire melee last year and there was so little response on problems like reaver range being halved and whether or not it was intentional or a bug, I came away with a lot less optimism.

I don't mind giving feedback on new abilities or weapons but until there are some meaningful changes to matchmaking, that feedback isn't as good as it could be. If I'm just constantly dead due to unbalanced matches or stomping new people, I can't give the most accurate feedback possible even though I'm very familiar with the numbers and mechanics of most everything else. Plus I have less desire to do so anyway because the matches are poor, so I'll probably be away for a while.

You're leaving now that new class is coming?
    At least test it out a bit b4 taking your break...it sounds so exciting.

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    You're leaving now that new class is coming?
    At least test it out a bit b4 taking your break...it sounds so exciting.
    Indeed. It looks like a very good ambush class with Swoop and Powershot and a close range weapon, which I'm good at. It looks so good because all the other human classes are boring besides scout and vanguard. It's going to be a very biased game against vampires for a while with roof domination, so that coupled with poor matchmaking means no gametime for me.

I understeand you completly. Maybe you don`t want to hear this from me, but yeah today i was this close to deleting Nosgoth from my computer. Mainly because of how unfair it became:
    - Cheaters everywhere. Guys who have thier vampires moving twice the speed they have normally, or eagel eye hunters with crossbows pernamently aimed at you, no matter where you are. Vampires that don`t react to whip or bola, and recive only every 5th, or so, of bolts fired from point blank range. I don`t giva a if this is cheat, bug, glitch, lag or anything else- i want fair fight, because some of these people don`t deserve place where they are
    - Matchmaking me either with guys that don`t know thier from holes in the ground, against guys in blood, gold or silver(last match, three guys with levels 12, 15 and 17, and me with 50, against all Gold), or with freaking monsters that probably dodge bullets in thier sleep. People who play Nosgoth 20 hours a day
    - Loosing - 10 point for being the best in a whole match- i lost today 10 points twice after painfully crawling up the ladder for 3-4 matches. Then one of those and boom. All in vain. I`d be Blood 1 about on week after Leagues began, but every time i play good match, i get team after team that screws up ny work. Not to mention, that we suppose loosing only 4 in worst case scenario. Today- i was only blood in a match, rest was gold or silver. I practically was hunting whole enemy team by myself- took 3 vampires on my own three times and won two of those bouts. Lost the least lifes in whole match, three or four. We lost by 2 points. Boom. -10 points for me in Leagues. Almost Blood 3 changed in the backseat for Blood 4
    I put enough money in to this game. And i like it, but if this continue like this we say goodbye for good. And i am not the only one- ther is enough grief in chatbox already. Wonder how developers will do with 15 players base for all servers?
    Last edited by Bazielim; 17th Feb 2016 at 19:32. Reason: Tou #10

its nosbog or bogoth. fit to it.

Originally Posted by senjuj
    its nosbog or bogoth. fit to it.
    20 years of info and I can't find a source for that spelling
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Originally Posted by Heretic_13
    I understeand you completly. Maybe you don`t want to hear this from me, but yeah today i was this close to deleting Nosgoth from my computer...
    That's pretty much my play experience these days. Unfortunately because of the launcher, it's hard now to get a real estimate of how much in-game time most people really have because Steam counts the launcher being open as playing the game. A lot of new players get mixed in with veteran duos. Nosgoth's matchmaking seems to follow a rigid pattern of swinging games in someone's favor once their win/lose percentage drops a few games below 50%. Then it will do the same when you're a few games above the 50% ratio. Bear in mind, I noticed this because I soloed a lot.

I have seen some of the high profile eternal league players use aimbot. No, I don't have any video proof of it but I know what snapping looks like. It's also especially obvious when they play hunter. Fortunately it doesn't seem to be rampant. The one thing that does drive me absolutely crazy is the mouse-speed macro people use to do 360 degree turns with Charging tyrants. It's not game-breaking but it is very annoying.

Lastly, the backsliding from losing points while trying to rank up in leagues is just infuriating... Because of the matchmaking... Which results in heavily skewed matches no matter what my performance is, outstanding killer or great supporter.

Long live Bogoth.

Originally Posted by TheDreamcrusher
    That's pretty much my play experience these days. Unfortunately because of the launcher, it's hard now to get a real estimate of how much in-game time most people really have because Steam counts the launcher being open as playing the game. A lot of new players get mixed in with veteran duos. Nosgoth's matchmaking seems to follow a rigid pattern of swinging games in someone's favor once their win/lose percentage drops a few games below 50%. Then it will do the same when you're a few games above the 50% ratio. Bear in mind, I noticed this because I soloed a lot.

I have seen some of the high profile eternal league players use aimbot. No, I don't have any video proof of it but I know what snapping looks like. It's also especially obvious when they play hunter. Fortunately it doesn't seem to be rampant. The one thing that does drive me absolutely crazy is the mouse-speed macro people use to do 360 degree turns with Charging tyrants. It's not game-breaking but it is very annoying.

Lastly, the backsliding from losing points while trying to rank up in leagues is just infuriating... Because of the matchmaking... Which results in heavily skewed matches no matter what my performance is, outstanding killer or great supporter.

Long live Bogoth.
    Or you have Sentinels with abduct lasting long enough for them doing 3-4 "U" turns, no matter how you dodge, you`ll get caught. Or Decivers attacking you with backstab and invisibility, only to turn invisibility again few seconds after attack...

I ain`t pro player, but, if i can say so myself, i am not complete zero- two perious leagues i ended up in Blood 1, 20th something place- now i am Blood 4 and i know, i will crawl back up, but how much grief it`ll cause me... And yeah i also Solo a lot- even though few people want to team up with me everyday, Elder God knows why- and my win/loose percentage is also something near 50%, so all things you just pointed out are visible also to me

Update is here, hope you get back to try out BM and new sentinel ability (which im personally loving )

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Update is here, hope you get back to try out BM and new sentinel ability (which im personally loving )
    I have tried out both. I'm underwhelmed by the BM because of a few things. Sonic Boom, however, is pretty strong but feels great in the hands of a skilled flyer. It may be bordering on overpowered because of such a short cool down if used only briefly to hit players.

Or Decivers attacking you with backstab and invisibility, only to turn invisibility again few seconds after attack...
    Not a problem. They're still audible and still leave footprints. Just pay attention.

New sent ability just needs bigger min cooldown...
    And i think if they reduce the BM's shotgun spread it will make all the difference for him feeling under-powered.

Little off topic: can everybody start using proper "Beast Master" name, please? Abbreviations really tick me off. And no, you wont die for typing "really funny" instead of this .....(grunts) "Lol"
    As for Beast Master- Force of Nature is pretty good, but Lightning Chain is pretty useless. Bird could be quicker- i punce the guy in the middle of the sky without problem

Little off topic: can everybody start using proper "Beast Master" name, please? Abbreviations really tick me off. And no, you wont die for typing "really funny" instead of this .....(grunts) "Lol"
    As for Beast Master- Force of Nature is pretty good, but Lightning Chain is pretty useless. Bird could be quicker- i punce the guy in the middle of the sky without problem
    With all due respect, as many times as I've had to hound you for readability in your posts (and it still hasn't stuck, though these short ones are preferable by far), I'm not sure you've got room to be nitpicking abbreviations. Lol. (LQTM, if you want to be literal.) And technically, the proper name is Beastmaster, one word.

Yeah, I kind of expected they'd fly faster...Not warp speed or anything but just a little more than the current pace.
    Shame to hear the lightning ability's underwhelming. I'd been looking forward to it most of all.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    With all due respect, as many times as I've had to hound you for readability in your posts (and it still hasn't stuck, though these short ones are preferable by far), I'm not sure you've got room to be nitpicking abbreviations. Lol. (LQTM, if you want to be literal.) And technically, the proper name is Beastmaster, one word.

Yeah, I kind of expected they'd fly faster...Not warp speed or anything but just a little more than the current pace.
    Shame to hear the lightning ability's underwhelming. I'd been looking forward to it most of all.
    On paper, Chain Lightning sounds really cool like it's a an ability that's used frequently in frenetic combat. In practice, it's pretty slow to activate comparably and is awful to make connect even the first hit. Plus there's no description on how big the jump radius is so the only way to know what's in range now is practice.

Power shot is really usefull in my opinion. It`s great for literally "putting" vampire in his/her place. And this thing that make allies shoot faster(forgot its name) is good only in close encounters and only for certian types of weapons. Some people should really give it a rest when i try to snipe for reaver forehead, sticking from behind a wall in Sommerdamm
    And if i can be picky. Can the sound of wingflap be different than Razielim? It sent my team and me, many times, in to paranoid persecution mania. This really has to look funny. Enemy is not even near, and we are already roll around and shoot each other.

As far as i`m concerned words "Beast" and "Master" can exist on thier own, but wathever. "Beastmaster" can exist too. Our age English iz stoopid and fugly language :P
    Simple to the point of being corase. By that is just my opinion

Power shot is really usefull in my opinion. It`s great for literally "putting" vampire in his/her place. And this thing that make allies shoot faster(forgot its name) is good only in close encounters and only for certian types of weapons. Some people should really give it a rest when i try to snipe for reaver forehead, sticking from behind a wall in Sommerdamm
    And if i can be picky. Can the sound of wingflap be different than Razielim? It sent my team and me, many times, in to paranoid persecution mania. This really has to look funny. Enemy is not even near, and we are already roll around and shoot each other.

As far as i`m concerned words "Beast" and "Master" can exist on thier own, but wathever. "Beastmaster" can exist too. Our age English iz stoopid and fugly language :P
    Simple to the point of being corase. By that is just my opinion
    "Corase" isn't a word...And English is actually quite unnecessarily convoluted as far as languages go, not really so simple.

The wings sounding like Sentinels has been a repeated criticism now. It's really not okay when your own team makes you paranoid.

I'm on break again, mostly forced. I returned briefly and played some of this month's League season for about a week and then the beastmaster patch and matchmaking issues hit. I can't help but wonder if we got away from a lobby-based setup and used something like a queue if things like this wouldn't happen.

Raptr0s came to a lot of the same conclusions I had in his recent suggestions thread about the BM but I have only a very brief amount of playtime with him, maybe 5 or so games. The Sonic Boom domination got annoying as well so it was hard to judge. I thought there would be a lot more rooftop domination going on with scouts and BMs flying but it doesn't appear that way yet. Power Shot and Nature's Fury do seem to be the best loadout though. It's odd the shotguns are so weak compared to his melee strike, lol.

I hit gold III. Oh well. I also have a feeling some of these skins will be recycled for future league seasons.

"Corase" was in dictionary, so it is a word. Maybe i wrote it wrongly?
    English tends to force speaker to put his/hers tounge on his/hers front teeth. If someone would spit on me constantly, i`d punch him. True there is a lot of times in it, and there are exeptions- german has it easier- but you are talking to a Pole. Now this is language that makes outlanders cry, when they try to speak it. Imagine russian + broken glass in your mouth exeptions, different letters, sets or rules that aren`t present anywhere else
    Be my guest, try to tell: "W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie" and guess what`s that means

I think you are right Dreamcrusher or they land in chests, these skins
    Shotgun is really weak, but it could be improved easly. I`d suggest using two types of ammo. Scatter gun for multi hit purposes, for guys that specialize in support, and one bulet shots for guys who want to fight alongside rest- sort of like you pack buckshot on ducks, and steel bullets for wildboars in to double barrels(for the record- i hate hunting. I just like boom sticks)

English tends to force speaker to put his/hers tounge on his/hers front teeth. If someone would spit on me constantly, i`d punch him.
    ...You do know English speakers don't spit on each other 24/7, right? It's very simple to just speak and...Y'know, not spit everywhere. And my tongue rarely has to go in front but maybe I'm just lucky to avoid those words.

Shotgun weakness seems like a spread issue. It is...Disconcerting...That they seem to lack the expected power. It is a scattergun by design though so single-bullet is not an acceptable solution. Can't just undermine the whole point behind the weapon.

No, no, no. I`m talking about choosing what kind of ammo you`d like before a match, loadout, below weapon type, for example- sort of like FPSs that has "normal" and "armor piercing" bullets at the same time for the same weapon.
    Not to mention- shotgun scatter isn`t really that big, granted i only saw modern weapon in action, but i don`t imagine long barrel like this would hace such useless shower of shrapnels. Let`s say, 10 meters away from target- round(more or less) shape max. 2 meters in diameter. But of course this is about barrel lenght, type of ammo(how many metal balls is in there) and so forth...
    I`d say change scatter a little bit- cut it in half