Thread: Will Hitman 6 be playable with an Xbox controller?

Will Hitman 6 be playable with an Xbox controller?

My decision on whether or not I buy this game depends on if I can play this game with an Xbox 360 controller on the PC.

There was an Alpha of the new hitman on some Special pages.
    To Play it you needed an xbox Controller.
    Also you Can buy an xbox One Version, so i think that the Controller is Supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcopymope View Post
    My decision on whether or not I buy this game depends on if I can play this game with an Xbox 360 controller on the PC.
    Well, I think it would be safe to assume you can. I mean, mostly every PC game these days provides controller support. I can't imagine playing games like Hitman with the keyboard.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by RushXX View Post
    There was an Alpha of the new hitman on some Special pages.
    To Play it you needed an xbox Controller.
    Also you Can buy an xbox One Version, so i think that the Controller is Supported.
    Well that's some good news, I already have a few Xbox 360 controllers, so it wouldn't made any sense getting an Xbox One controller unless I'm planning on buying the console, which I'm not anytime soon if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Well, I think it would be safe to assume you can. I mean, mostly every PC game these days provides controller support. I can't imagine playing games like Hitman with the keyboard.
    Yeah, I can't imagine playing certain types of games with a keyboard, like NBA 2k16 for example, or any other sports game for that matter, it would be a nightmare. Most games have controller support, but a lot of them don't do a very good job of it. Even in Battlefield 4, the controls are a bit clunky compared to playing it with a keyboard and mouse, and I can't play that game with a keyboard & mouse. For me, it depends on the game that determines how I play it. Lets hope they get the controls fine tuned for Hitman.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcopymope View Post
    Yeah, I can't imagine playing certain types of games with a keyboard, like NBA 2k16 for example, or any other sports game for that matter, it would be a nightmare. Most games have controller support, but a lot of them don't do a very good job of it. Even in Battlefield 4, the controls are a bit clunky compared to playing it with a keyboard and mouse, and I can't play that game with a keyboard & mouse. For me, it depends on the game that determines how I play it. Lets hope they get the controls fine tuned for Hitman.
    You could always download free software that will allow you to map the controller to your liking.

(click image to enlarge)

may as well just play with keyboard, none of that software works very well

Can confirm that an xbox 360 controller will work with the game. Don't worry about controller mapping software

Quote Originally Posted by radioteque View Post
    Can confirm that an xbox 360 controller will work with the game. Don't worry about controller mapping software
    And does your confirmation come with some kind of proof?

(click image to enlarge)

And does your confirmation come with some kind of proof?
    Yes, I was lucky enough to try out the alpha and a 360 controller was required.

Yes, I was lucky enough to try out the alpha and a 360 controller was required.
    No offense, but one's word is hardly a reputable source. Valid proof would be some kind of video showcasing gameplay with the controller or official word from IO.

Not that I care, personally, as I'll be on PS4. But for the OP who wants some sort of evidence or guarantee.

(click image to enlarge)

No offense, but one's word is hardly a reputable source. Valid proof would be some kind of video showcasing gameplay with the controller or official word from IO.

Not that I care, personally, as I'll be on PS4. But for the OP who wants some sort of evidence or guarantee.
    I can guarantee that they wouldn't remove working Xbox 360 controller code from their game.

I can guarantee that they wouldn't remove working Xbox 360 controller code from their game.
    I doubt that they would.
    I was just saying that the OP would probably request concrete proof, like official word from the developer or a video of someone playing on PC with a controller, that's all.

(click image to enlarge)