Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Launcher Phase 2: Conquering the Desktop

Launcher Phase 2: Conquering the Desktop

Meh, I don't like this. I'm a Steam user, I really like Steam. Having the launcher inbetween Steam and the game was enough of a nuisance before but now, not being able to use my Steam username and avatar is just really bad. Ok, my username is almost the same, but not exactly. The launcher had a Little "edit" button next ot the name, but after using it and launching the game, it still said GanonPCP.
    Looking at my friends list, some people use different names as well and for some I'm not even sure who they are.
    Also, there are so few avatars that there's not much personality to it. Seeing all these different Steam avatars in the lobby was much more fun. It's about expressing yourself, you know.

So... The game decided that my Steam account wasn't linked anymore. I did remake the link on the website, but impossible to get past the infinite linking message in-game... Now, my pseudo in-game isn't synchronized with my current Square Enix pseudo and it's impossible to play with friends. Same things for 2 of my buddies.

I'm getting tired of your , seriously. I've been patient, I've been courteous, but this launcher is ridiculous, can't take it anymore. I'm guessing this is more SE fault than Psyonix fault, but that's not my problem. Fix the damn thing, make it work. If I can't play with friends or change my in-game pseudo, I won't play anymore. You're just making things worse for the game and the playerbase with these stupid decisions. LET ME CHOOSE STEAM ONLY OR LAUNCHER ONLY FOR CHRIST SAKE.

Originally Posted by GanonPCP
    The launcher had a Little "edit" button next ot the name, but after using it and launching the game, it still said GanonPCP.
    Well, only one day later the game registered the change and now uses the name displayed in the launcher. At least that's something...

I would like to ask to the devs: Are u satisfied about your launcher? Did u conquer the desktop?

Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos
    I would like to ask to the devs: Are u satisfied about your launcher? Did u conquer the desktop?
    Funny question. It would be incredibly worrying if they were satisfied with a system that prevent people from playing with their friends and that is utterly broken. Even if the aforementioned launcher did actually help them "conquer the desktop"
    Last edited by Roy644; 29th Mar 2016 at 11:17.

Whats the point of your launcher if people can change their name as many times as they did on steam ?
    + It doesnt even work well, as your whole game btw .

Originally Posted by Ryugan34
    Whats the point of your launcher if people can change their name as many times as they did on steam ?
    + It doesnt even work well, as your whole game btw .
    Not even the forums work like they should, they just come up with more and more "bright" ideas, and the buggs presist. When first saw the launcher I thought to myself "well now I wont have the anoying game start crash, this is probably to fix such issues" WRONG, still have to try to start my game 5/10 times till it actually starts, PLUS sometimes the launcher doesn't load and also crashs. So twice the bugs and twice the amount of time and patience I have to put in starting the game.
    They should have kept their game on steam, and maybe get some items to be good for trading in the market, instead I have to open two diferent softwares to start one game, at least steam we can use to chat while ingame.
    Should I mention the leavers problem, the bad penaltys for leavers and afk's? (afk some games =2 days ban, Leave games =10mins), or the game finding problems that ruined league for me last month.
    Its a shame because this game could be played by alot more ppl right now and its actually a good and fun game, no need for this 2 gb updates, just fix .

Page 2 of 2 First First 12