Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: What would you like to see in the next update for Guardian Cross?

What would you like to see in the next update for Guardian Cross?

Hey everyone,

We'd like your feedback on what you'd like to see for the next update to Guardian Cross! Give us your feedback here, and let us know what would interest you most.

Do you want more story content? Do you want to expand the card library? Would you like to see monsters from other Square Enix games get included as cards? Do you want to see new gameplay elements?

Give us your feedback in this thread and we'll take it to the team!

---

Hi all,

i have a couple of suggestions that I think would be good for this game:

1) Can we have an option to sell the junk cards in the screen after the hunt?

2) Can we have a "safe" or hold area for cards that we would like to keep and level up later? My main problem is that my deck is getting full but I need time to gain GP to level certain cards.

What do you think?

Thanks for a great and addictive game.

Tasco
    Last edited by Grimoire; 10th Oct 2013 at 11:42.

So, no one has any comments or thoughts on my previous post?

Hey everyone,

We'd like your feedback on what you'd like to see for the next update to Guardian Cross! Give us your feedback here, and let us know what would interest you most.

Do you want more story content? Do you want to expand the card library? Would you like to see monsters from other Square Enix games get included as cards? Do you want to see new gameplay elements?

Hola,

1-Primero español.

2-segundo necesito porder escuchar musica mientras juego. No lo logro.

3-Establecer logros eso seria genial... obtener cartas por logros. por ejemplo:

Obten 20 amigos. recompensa 1 carta 3 estrellas

queda en los primeros lugares del coliseo . recompensa carta 5 estrellas.

Casa 5 cartas en los primeros 10 segundos. recompensa ????

etc..

saludos.

How about start by fixing the glitches in the game that allow for duping (FP, stones, cards), cheating, and multi-accounting? Ban those people first. It's pretty obvious which ones they are. Lvl 2 accounts in S rank holding 10 5* fully stoned ACE guardians? No one cares about a game that is dying anyways. Every week, legit players struggle to obtain the cards from the colisseum due to the cheaters hoarding the upper ranks and taking away the prizes. Every player up top has fully stoned 5* ace guardians. Sooner or later, this game will just be played by cheaters, and when all your legit players go, where will be the status of the game? Don't even release new hunting grounds/new guardians until this is fixed. Don't want these poor players throwing away their hard earned money for nothing, especially the ones that are oblivious to what's happening in the game. Readers reading beware, as exciting as the new hunting grounds are, and also the new guardians, don't spend your money trying to achieve something that is impossible to achieve. Your newly legitimately caught 5* guardian will be as worthless as the ones that are duped and you can forget about doing anything in the colisseum.

<ul>[*]First and foremost, what Phillip said.[*]Second, perhaps increase the drop rate and levelling rate of 4s and 5s, to help close the gap between cheaters and legitimates. This will also flood the market, ruining the cheaters' duping/selling business.[/list]

Snarkiness aside, more realistic projects might be:

<ul>[*]A counter on Special Hunting Tickets so I know how many I have left.[*]Include the Lich card, or change the game icon.[*]Ability to jump to floors in a completed dungeon, so if you leave you don't have to go floor by floor clicking next, next, next, next to get back to where you were.[*]Ability to send a message to all your friends at once.[*]Option to sell coliseum tickets for a small amount of GP, or perhaps exchange 2 Coli tickets for 1 Hunting ticket. I have no desire to participate anymore.[*][edit] Also add an option or toggle that will make every battle fast by default, without having to hold down the FF button.[/list]

Additionally, and this is important:

<ul>[*]Better holiday events. This halloween coliseum was a complete nonevent IMO. Whose bright idea was it to release two unique-art cards to a fraction of the playerbase, ONLY in the coliseum? Especially with all the hacking/exploiting going on. Make normal versions of the cards huntable, or available via sub-mission.[/list]

Square, you really dropped the ball with this one in my view. Again...

I started a few weeks ago, and found the game to be fun and even addictive. Even spent a good amount of money on it for recovery potions. Now that I've played for a while, I realize just what a waste it was. Let me explain: Nobody is going to pay real money for long to play a game they cannot be successful in without cheating. It was my bad for taking so long to realize this, or you wouldn't have ever gotten any $$$ from me, but I can assure you that you will not get another penny unless the issues are fixed.

To that end, what must be done in the next update is as follows:

- Fix the duping bug (duh!)

- Delete all duped cards (including the originals)

- Delete all duped stones (including the originals)

- Reset stats on all cards that have been modified by duped stones

- Perma ban IP addresses, mac addresses, and accounts for anyone who duped

I thought you would have learned after FFXI (which I loved). Even though FFXI was 10x better than WoW imo, all your players left when WoW came out becuase you did NOTHING about all the cheaters (chinese gil farmers who tied up all NM spawn sites, gil buyers, etc). I loved that game and might even be playing it today if you had actually fixed the cheating.

Anyway, based on your track record, I know nothing will be done, but just to summarize (and vent) - nobody will play a game long that is dominated by cheaters, so fix the cheating. Nobody cares about new content. JUST FIX THE CHEATING!!

Oh no SE, you're screwing this up big time. You just released the snowfield and new 5* guardians. You didn't even fix the cheating yet and the problems that are causing this game to fail miserably. Now those new 5* are going to be duped like crazy pushing this game down to an even lower level. This company is not even protecting it's legit players. You know players are going to be drawn to this ground and spend money buying a crap load of special hunting tickets to obtain those new 'cool' ultras. Congratulations.

Rather than making 1* to 4* cards worthless (what do you do once u got every 5* cards and level 60?)

Why not make COL battles for 1*, 2*, 3* and 4*?
    At least these lower * cards will not be worthless.
    For example, in 1* COL battles where 2* and above cards cannot compete, will make those of lower ranks have a competitive edge!
    No longer 1* Ace cards are worthless!

can also try certain types of elements battles, for example, wind element only, undead only, fliers only etc! Why are you guys so out of ideas? Wrong person in the team?

Great idea right? You guys should have hired me, and trash the useless people in your team who does nothing to help players but to suck your company funds dry.

I say please do it! Least the dragons that I've kept in Cages can finally come out and fight!

These are actually pretty good ideas. I hate that 1/2/3* cards with great art are just enhancement fodder for 4/5* cards. Something definately needs to be done with the coliseum.

Guys this game is getting a really bad rap. You HAVE to get the duping and cheating fixed if you want this game to continue to bring in profit.

Originally Posted by Robert Peeler
    Hey everyone,

Robert, all of the items/suggestions you have placed in the opening post of this thread are so distant to what the fans of this game want.

First and foremost, we want an opportunity to enjoy the game. This is becoming very hard to do between two big problems: rampant cheating and constant program crashes.

As far as the program crashes go, fix the issue, plain and simple. The game should have no problem running fine on old and new iPhones and iPads. I am tired of starting a hunt, getting a guardian or two, then having the program instantly crash on me for no reason. I lose the hunting ticket, the guardians, the time, and my enjoyment is pretty much over. If this ever happens to me on a special hunting ticket use, I might just throw my iPad across the room.

The cheaters are far more difficult to deal with, I understand. But I can't believe there are not ways around this. How about rewarding players for playing often, rather than rewarding the top players cheaters? How about capping the level of the GUARDIANS allowed in the beginner coliseum, rather than the player level? Capping player level means nothing.

Another coliseum suggestion would be to add a third rank - sort of a middle ground. This medium rank coliseum could allow only 1 or 2 five star guardians, and 2 four star guardians. Give out a five star guardian to your S+ and S ranks, and four star guardians to your A+, A, and B+ ranks. Give people a chance to grow, is my point. As it stands, both colisseums are a joke, and the official coliseum is completely over the top nuts.

As another poster mentioned, how about rewarding players outside of just the coliseum, at the very least until you get this cheating thing under control? There should be no reason why a casual player can't have a chance at a promotional card.

As a final note - the Banshee Witch promo had a major problem that I have contacted customer support about. The announcement stated the Witch would be given to players ranking from S+ to B+, which was the same as the Pumpkin Titan promo. The coliseum event, however, stated the Witch would be given to players ranking from S+ to A. I placed B+, and did not receive a Witch. I expect the announcement to be honored, especially since the previous promo was offered the same way. I have yet to hear back from customer support on this. How else can I get some assistance?

whilst the new areas are providing a small distraction from the in game issues-i feel that SE needs to act quickly to stop the widespread duping of cards.the coliseum is a no go area now because its a waste of time competing.

make the coliseum rewards bound to the account that won them--cannot be that hard to do and hopefully they will not end up on the black market.The coliseum is the root of the problem-the rest of the game runs smoothly (except the fact that i havent caught a 5*yet after 45 days of continuous playing).

SE NEEDS TO RESTORE CONSUMER CONFIDENCE IN THIS GAME AND IT WILL REAP REWARDS

hOW ABOUt a simple one for now - to be Able to return gifts, in the case where the gift is gifted wrongly(in the case where gifts are not accepted or returned by other party)? If the gifts are not accepted, please cause them to return just like return trade. I lost 5 legit 5* cards this way, because i was stupid enough to gift to a non-playing account by accident of course. And I've checked, theres nothing your support team can do.

Don't worry so much about it, I bet by the time this is implemented, all the players are long gone. It would have to go through 100 departments, and approvals for a simple thing like this to be implemented right? Couldn't be done in a day right?

I'm lvl 100 player-wise and the game becomes really difficult because I no longer have a way to recharge the energy by leveling up.
    Can't you leave some way to get recharged energy? I didn't think the "end game" would be so miserable (already cleared the missions) but still willing to attack the same guy over and over... Now I can't get coliseum passes at the same pace as everyone else. I don't think the game was meant for having the need to port over stuff to another device or something was it??

Fix Duplicated card and stone......

Great idea. Allowing only one 5* guardian is another option lol

I've been fed up with the Coliseum for a while, and while I probably won't participate, I really do like the format of the next coliseum using zone-specific cards (the best I have is a Fafnir, anyway lol). I think it's a step in the right direction, as is the five 5* limit in the Beginner's Coliseum. I think it could be taken a bit further, though, and this idea is more to curb the multi-account exploits, and perhaps balance out the Beginner's Coliseum a tad:

IMO, the Beginner's Coliseum should be a bit simpler and purer, to allow new players to use the cards they've caught the first week or so to battle others. I'd like to see the Beg.Col. limited to players up to level 10. The important part is that the trade function is disabled until players reach level 11. This way, the Beg.Col. participants will have to use cards that they've caught with that account only; maybe one or two 4* and 5* cards if they're lucky, a couple of 3*, and whatever else. Established players will no longer be able to "sugar-daddy" their low-level accounts or friends with max stoned 5* cards and crap like that, looking for an easy Almighty win. This should create a fairer and more balanced environment. Think how depressing it must be now for a fresh player to join the so-called "Beg.Col." and find that his level 10 Cait Sith is useless when his competition in B-rank has max-stoned/leveled Bahamut and Phoenix, etc.

As it is, simply splitting the Coliseums by player level is meaningless. During the failed Halloween events, I was considering starting over with a new account and sending my few 5*s down so that I would have a better chance to win in the Beg.Col. But after reading through some other forums, it turns out lots of people had already been doing that since the Almighty Leviathan coliseum.

Plus since it's impossible to trade, it will be easier to find players (cheaters) with completely illogical decks, and new players looking for a head-start won't be rushing off to buy questionable cards from questionable websites with real $$$.

Or better yet, take a lesson from other developers (FourThirtyThree, etc.) and figure out how to disable trading altogether for jailbroken devices.

A bazaar/market place, pretty please. Public trading is extremly helpful for every players. Some limitations would be to only trade guardians for items and/or guardians with only 3 slots for trades and only 5 trades per day.

Hey everyone,

things i would like to see in the updates of guardian cross (mainly about balancing):

1. nerf ace type guardians

- imo ace type guardians is the most sought guardian types and is most likely to be the ones to be duped compared to other type of cards. i dont even like the ace mechanic in guardian type (i even prefer to have them removed) because let's face it, other guardian types are crap compared to ace type. I'm thinking from 10% increase in stats to all stats down to 5% increase in all stats. this may increase the value of other guardian types.

2. increase the stat bonus and penalty of guardian types

- i'm actually not sure about this but imo i dont see much differences on guardian types (well i have only played for 2 weeks) until they are fully stoned. I'm thinking from 10% increase in bonus and penalty on affected stats up to 15% increase in bonus and penalty on affected stats. the downside here maybe is the affected stats might be too high if fully stoned, i'm not sure really but i dont think so.

3. set a max number of stones one can hold on to just like guardians list.

- maybe this could help minimize dupes of stones but no effect to those who have more than 1 device.

4. make a coliseum for mid level players after beginners coliseum

- i liked it when they increase the level limit for beginners coliseum (although too late for me >.<). and limit to 5 star guardians per deck is a bit ok but i think it should still be lowered more. I'm thinking around 2-3 limit of 5 star guardians per deck.

- mid level coliseum for players who just exceeded the limit gap for beginners coliseum. mid level players are most likely no match to players who have played way more longer, so most likely they have minimal chance on getting better prizes at coliseum. at the current state of coliseum, strong players get stronger while giving more hard time to mid level players. make mid level coliseum have a limit of 5pcs of 5 star guardians per deck.

Hey everyone,

Hey Mr. Peeler,

First of all, congrats to the team on making a great game. It's brilliant to incorporate the fun mechanics of the hunting game for solo play and the multiplayer coliseum which has created a community has grown that both supports and challenges the players.

Secondly, to address your post, this is a huge question, and I wish you had spoken about what the team's vision for the game was so that we could provide more relevant feedback. I have several ideas but I kinda feel like they might not be the direction that the team would truly like to go. With that, here are some of my ideas....

-Would you like to see more growth and depth in the community of players? Add mechanisms that allow several players to 'team up', like get a 'team score' in the coliseum or some other strength in numbers thing other than card rewards. With the current cheating issues, it may be more fun to allow players to host their own coliseums and offer their own cards as the prizes to the winners, with things to encourage the hosters as well. Nobody wants to play with the cheaters, and everyone wishes they could just compete with the real people who play the game for fun. Everyone just wants to win, and even if it is in a smaller pond of at least the legit players, it would be more rewarding than playing against cheating accounts.

-I love the hunting aspect of the game. I think it would be fun to have a 'group hunt' where several people take part in bringing down some massive beast, either together or asynchronously, but together would be more fun. Again, have 1 person 'host' a hunt requiring over 10 active participants. If everyone shoots with 90% accuracy, they might get skill stones. If everyone shoots with 95% accuracy, they might get a special card or special hunting ticket. Or perhaps the more damage you do the more you get of the loot. Rewards don't really matter, it's the fun of the hunt, and working together.

-Battles are very boring since they offer very little variation. Some people would prefer to skip this altogether. Maybe have a better fast forward button? Or add some dynamic where user interaction influences the outcome of the battle. AGI is such a huge portion of winning, that you could make hitting the button like cracking a whip, making your guardians act more quickly than the opposition. This would certaining make the coliseum battles more engaging, but not for the story line as many of those battles are not challenging.

-The single person storyline is a little flat and very linear, although the submissions offer pseudo-adventuring. This is pretty limited in nature. I would only suggest that there could be a recurring mission, such as 'clear out the monsters from the cave' again. This would definitely add longevity to the level 100 players.

-You're pretty limited in terms of what items a player can obtain. Right now it's hunting ticket, coliseum ticket, recovery potion, special hunting ticket, stones, and guardian. Boon of the Gods looks like it can only fit into one of those categories, so it'll probably be a feeder guardian. If you could introduce more types of objects, then you could potentially change the game in huge ways. The ability to use objects in battle would be one obvious solution to the interactivity problem I described earlier for battles. Or the abilty to add another skill slot to a guardian would be pretty huge.

-One thing about the cheaters is that they are there to a) dominate the game or b) get material gain from their activities. If the game was to have a leaderboard, but reset every time someone buys the boon of the gods, it might wipe out the whole cheating aspect. It'd probably wipe out your in game sales too, but that is probably not the best way to make money from this game anyway.

-If you wanna make money, sell in game objects that people can use to influence the outcome of their next coliseum battle. If it can only be purchased right before coliseum battle, then it's less likely such things will be 'duplicated'. Something like a team 'revive' which has a 20% chance of reviving all your guardians as they die. You still have to find a way to fix the duplication issue of cards, FP, special hunting tickets, or stones though. This should be expensive. You could introduce other elements that are less 'game changing'

Nitpick list

-AI for battles is dumb. A guardian can kill its opponent with normal blow, but chooses to use +4 skill anyway, despite the fact that if it had a +3 skill, it could decide to use the lower skill.

-Verify type (fast, powerful) during trade, will prevent countless people from feeling defrauded

-ability to recall trade sent (if other user quits, for example), and you can't trade anymroe because you have one outstanding

-up the # of items allowed to be traded at once. a 5* guardian is being traded for 70+ slimes. Can't we have a way to bunch them 10 at a time?

-allow the sale of 4* guardians for gp

I think that's a lot of ideas. I hope you find something useful in it. You should have my contact information from my registration if you would like to talk about any of these ideas even more.

Hello crew, I new player at guardian cross, but as new player I don't have any chance get to b/a rank at coliseum even with the fact that I play from the 1st coliseum games, I donate over 15$ and it's was enough just for 3 special hunts.... Please give some ability for new players catch old players with 5-8 60s top guardians.

me with manny other player that come from:
    guardiancross-forum.com/Thread-Suggestio...
    got suggestion for game, and adding new cards and maps wont bring more players or make game better.

and few suggestions.
    1.Add exp to hunting with passive skills like extra power to shoot, better aim, extra %% catch better guardians etc..,

2. for coliseum if ppl attacking you while afk and they lose, player will earn some points also. Because now I got 5k rank and log back after 3h and got 7k even with the fact I won some of players that attack me.

3. Incress Max Hunt\Coliseum Tickets, Right now "Buggy 9th coliseum" and 80% of player can't join it, so ppl will just earn like 30 coliseum ticket and wont be able to join it.

4. Decrees Special Hunting Tickets Prices, 5$ for Special Hunt Kind Of To Much, The Special Hunting Tickets 85% time give only 3 Starts,
    14% 4 Starts and 1% for 5, and ofc almost no 1 gets 5 start guardians.

5. When i was lvl 10 i earn for win monsters around 35 Pts\gold..
    today i lvl 66 and i earn per fight 55 Pts\Gold:
    The One That should be correct:
    10=35 20=45 30=55 40=65 50=75 60=85.........
    And not like we got now:
    10=35 20=35 30=40 40=40 50=50 60=55....

Suggestion By 6439759:

6. Make mid range lvl coliseum 35-70, then old player with 100s lvls won't get each time winnings and low lvls like always will lose.

7. Add daily lottery with prizes and chance to get some rare guardians also, the cost of extra spin will be coins, so that suggestion it's also can bring some $$ to GC.

8. Add to 3th every 3th chest some new items, restore pot, special hunt scrolls etc...

9. Add skill tree to players so they will be able to increase the max energy, max hunt/coliseum limit, for exsmple each 5 lvl you can chose what to improve .

Recommendations:

A. Level Up
    1. Increase in Action Power instead of the usualy 50
    2. Increase in Shooting Power
    3. Increase in Encounter Rate with rare guardians

B. Hunt
    1. Power Ups (like added time bonus), when collected, can pinpoint rare guardians position.

C. Guardian
    1. Allow possibility to reach maximum # of guardians corresponding to the # of different guardian available for hunt. (Some people would want to collect each guardian in possession).

D. Battle
    1. Introduce Booster ticket apart from Hunting Ticket and Coliseum Ticket. This ticket is usable during any battle including Coliseum battle so that player can influent the outcome of any battle. By using the ticket, guardians in the deck will boost one of the stats (HP, MP, Attack, Defense, Agility or Wisdom) to double the original amount.

E. Coliseum
    1. Instead of awarding a fix number of people in winning prizes, change it to percentage (%) number of people to receive the winning prizes. Because the number of people playing the game is increasing and it is almost impossible for newcomers to earn good prizes. Instead of Rank 1-50 receiving S+ Prizes, set it as the highest 1-5% of participants receiving S+ Ranks.
    2. Show number of participants in any Coliseum category.
    3. Increase more than just two categories of battle. Some of us had suggested a very good categories such as 1* only guardians or Fire only guardians.
    4. Or perhaps limited card winners of previous coliseum battle are not allowed to participate in the next 2 or 3 coliseum battles so that limited cards are spread among different players instead of the same player holding all the limited cards because of getting stronger each time.

F. New Hunting Ground
    1. Deep Sea Hunting area. Area Effect: The water current could pull the guardians to one direction. For example if the water current is moving to the right, guardians will move faster if they go to the right and slower when going left.
    2. Desert Hunting area. Area Effect: Either the area will be filled with sand storm, thus making it difficult to pinpoint guardians location, or extremely hot condition, thus making guardians to go berserk.

G. Bonus
    1. Every Monday, double experience points when combining guardians.
    2. Every Sunday, double Coliseum Battle bonus point.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by imported_James

<ul>[*]First and foremost, what Phillip said.[*]Second, perhaps increase the drop rate and levelling rate of 4s and 5s, to help close the gap between cheaters and legitimates. This will also flood the market, ruining the cheaters' duping/selling business.[/list]

Snarkiness aside, more realistic projects might be:

<ul>[*]A counter on Special Hunting Tickets so I know how many I have left.[*]Include the Lich card, or change the game icon.[*]Ability to jump to floors in a completed dungeon, so if you leave you don't have to go floor by floor clicking next, next, next, next to get back to where you were.[*]Ability to send a message to all your friends at once.[*]Option to sell coliseum tickets for a small amount of GP, or perhaps exchange 2 Coli tickets for 1 Hunting ticket. I have no desire to participate anymore.[*][edit] Also add an option or toggle that will make every battle fast by default, without having to hold down the FF button.[/list]

Additionally, and this is important:

<ul>[*]Better holiday events. This halloween coliseum was a complete nonevent IMO. Whose bright idea was it to release two unique-art cards to a fraction of the playerbase, ONLY in the coliseum? Especially with all the hacking/exploiting going on. Make normal versions of the cards huntable, or available via sub-mission.[/list]

This and a new community manager because you're terrible at it

I figure it may not be apparent why you are a bad community manager so I better site the reasons

1. The main gripe on these forums is the cheating and I have not seen you address it at all? You mean to tell me no one there is talking about what to do/how to go about the issue? We will quit playing because we will get tired of waiting for a solution.

2. This post is a perfect example the things you listed in the original post are not what the community wants to see. Your developers like all developers at square recently (failures of games like the lastest FF online and FFXIII to infinity) are following their agenda and not caring about their customers/gamers. Which is clearly shown in your post.

3. You never reply to these threads. You can't take 5 minutes and quote a person's post and say "oh that's a great point" or "we actually have been working on that"

I could go on Robert but it seems you've long abandoned this thread so why bother

also explain to me how I've played every single day for 79 days straight nearly every 2 1/2 hours and have not a single 5* card? Think of the amount of hunting a person does with weekly specialy hunting tickets from coliseum and from login bonus? Yet there are people running around with 10 5* cards in the coliseum which are more than likely enhanced with duped stones or duped cards themselves. Tell me Robert why should I keep playing because your flawed game mechanics, your lack of dealing with exploits, and your balancing issues.

I would sure like my 30 dollars back I spent on special hunting tickets for a bunch of 3* cards. Actually I would like my 30 dollars back because the game is garbage and had I known you guys would drop the ball on this game 20 days after launch I would of never spent the money.

Hello SE,

Love the new logo, and I am really enjoying your mobile game Guardian Cross.

That being said, I have a friendly suggestion that I would love to see implemented. If it is deemed a good idea, it might be worth bringing up to JPN programming team.

Would it be possible to implment an external alarm clock, syncronized with my smart phone/tablet, that would tell the user when their action points have been restored to 50/50?

I think this is a quick implement, and could be rather cool, if you used a unique SE copyrighted sound effect. Also, it would encourage more play/usage from the end user. Since it would be an in game option, it is something that could be controlled and would not end up an annoying reminder, that some other apps are guilty of.

This may not be the first time you have gotten this request, and I am sure it has come up in development meetings in the past, but I wanted to toss my hat in the ring, and see if this is something you would consider.

If the rest of the community who views these forums, and enjoys this game, could support this thread if they think it is a good idea, we may get some traction/pull.

Best Regards,
    M. Riggs

Page 1 of 3 123 Last