Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Nosgoth State of Play: January 2016

Nosgoth State of Play: January 2016

As someone who is quite fond of his 12 guage, I'm happy to be getting a class that specializes in scatter shot. I just have some non-lore related questions, I'm looking forward to a good read when it comes out.

1. Are we gonna be getting the full spectrum of shotgun ammo, including slugs?
    2. With the flying,
    -Does this mean there is no area of a map that we can't get to when pursuing a vamp?
    -Will I be able to attack the vamps as a bird?
    -As a vampire, will I be able to melee the bird?
    -Will I be able to transform while falling, like after a sentinel drops me during a kidnap/abduct or running off a high ledge?
    3. Will there already be unique talents for us to gain through leveling upon the class' release?

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    That was not the point - it was that the comparison you made, which was off. Besides, humans of this era are capable of constructing industrial machinery, flamethrowers, etc., so fire arms should be within their technological capabilities (we are no longer in the old days of the Sarafan anymore).
    Well the class is almost finished and already on it's way so i guess there is no point in debating this now,all i'm saying is that pistols and shotguns shouldn't be in nosgoth,if we were to add guns here why not give the scout a vintage looking sniper rifle and the hunter a vintage looking automatic weapon (that would make more sense than an automatic crossbow anyway).
    The LoK universe has MAGIC,that means the posibilities r literally unlimited,why add guns...

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    As someone who is quite fond of his 12 guage, I'm happy to be getting a class that specializes in scatter shot. I just have some non-lore related questions, I'm looking forward to a good read when it comes out.

2. With the flying,
    -Does this mean there is no area of a map that we can't get to when pursuing a vamp?
    -Will I be able to transform while falling, like after a sentinel drops me during a kidnap/abduct or running off a high ledge?
    3. Will there already be unique talents for us to gain through leveling upon the class' release?
    In spite of my concerns over the lore, I have to admit the scatter shot is going to be one of the most fun for me to use in game. I'm a terrible shot and even the Alchemist's launchers (my best option at the moment) can be a bit unpredictable at times. The shotgun won't have that problem, so it would suit me very well.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by LegacyOfKayn
    The LoK universe has MAGIC,that means the posibilities r literally unlimited,why add guns...
    So are these magic based according to you?

Hand cannons were already part of the universe, who is to say they did not improve them over time? They wouldn´t stay at the same technological level forever and humans in SR1 show this.

Ok u have a point can we at least agree that the game needs more magical abillities?

Ok u have a point can we at least agree that the game needs more magical abillities?
    Yes, indeed!

7. Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    The Beastmaster can fly around freely much like the Sentinel. The major difference is that each time he transforms, he can only maintain that form for a limited amount of time, before losing control of it and returning to human form once again. He does not use a grappling hook-like system.
    So it can happen that he returns to human form mid-air and fall down and get fall dmg?

2. With the flying,
    1. I hope so. Something like birdshot, buckshot, slugs, and maybe dragon's breath shells.

2. I'm guessing that the limited flight time is going to be very short, something like 3-5 seconds depending on how activation works, which means that you may have to run to high parts of the map to reach the places vampires normally have access to that scouts don't. Activation may allow you to sprint along the ground, activate the transformation, and take off at a high speed and ascend or players may have to jump from ledges like sentinels to activate flight... which I hope isn't the case, I prefer the former.

I'm also guessing that bird form will be mobile but lacking offense, something resembling Shadow Step but without the invulnerability while traveling. That means you could be attacked and possibly knocked down while in that form, which means Kidnapped or Abducted, haha. We also know that Throw has a huge grab radius so it may stop bird form as well.

3. I bet they have something lined up already. I would look for the elite skin later though.

Also, I like the name Skinchanger so I cast my vote for that. Has a Tolkien ring to it.

Now, as for Sonic Boom...

It was described as being something like Charge where a sentinel descended from high altitudes to build up speed, and maybe damage, so I was expecting to collide with humans. As for the name, I was expecting to see some sort of area-of-effect damage from sound or concussion at the perigee of the attack (lowest point) or the highest speed so a flyby knockdown would be possible. Perhaps the AoE flyby with knockdown could be an alternate, like Marathon is to Charge?
    Last edited by TheDreamcrusher; 29th Jan 2016 at 17:31.

Nice update, great to hear the new class is so close to being finished. Challenges sound good too.

(we have been speculating as to what the new meta might look like: )

2. With the flying,
    All will be revealed soon. We'll have full post on the Beastmaster that will talk in-depth on the character, including its abilities and weapons.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Hand cannons were already part of the universe, who is to say they did not improve them over time? They wouldn´t stay at the same technological level forever and humans in SR1 show this.
    Sorry, whenever someone mentions SR, I think of an open-world action adventure series.

You're right, though. Simple revolvers are well within the capabilities of humans in Nosgoth. Having them doesn't negate any other forms of weaponry. Heck, Hawkeye uses a bow and he's teamed up with Ironman and the like

Magic, you say? Hmm...
    Psyonix Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    I always looks like Banes peeing on the floor
    Bane: The original Sim.

"Beastmaster" is about as lame as "Shield Bearer" was so that absolutely needs a change. Challenge system, cool. Daily wheel lags my startup anyway.

if we were to add guns here why not give the scout a vintage looking sniper rifle
    We did. It's called a bow-and-arrow.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 30th Jan 2016 at 10:23.

Originally Posted by Psyonix_Ryan
    All will be revealed soon. We'll have full post on the Beastmaster that will talk in-depth on the character, including its abilities and weapons.

Sorry, whenever someone mentions SR, I think of an open-world action adventure series.

You're right, though. Simple revolvers are well within the capabilities of humans in Nosgoth. Having them doesn't negate any other forms of weaponry. Heck, Hawkeye uses a bow and he's teamed up with Ironman and the like

Magic, you say? Hmm...
    Daniel actually told me the level of technology they were going for in Soul Reaver was equivalent to the mid industrial revolution, which checked to be the early 1800s, so anything around there should be appropriate.
    Originally Posted by Daniel Cabuco
    Humans pinnacled at a mid industrial revolution before entering a Vampiric dark age.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    We did. It's called a bow-and-arrow.
    Pfff ur rlly smart dude) a little piece of advice,don't try to act smartass if u don't get the point ok?

@Ygdrasel

I don't really have a problem with the name Beastmaster, except for the fact it keeps making me remember that crappy movie from the 80's; but like it was with the Vanguard, let us wait til the lore is out before we start throwing around suggestions.

Pfff ur rlly smart dude) a little piece of advice,don't try to act smartass if u don't get the point ok?
    I got the point. I just deemed it a silly one - which it is, bit of a slippery slope argument, 'well, why not just make EVERYTHING a gun then?!' - and decided to make light of it instead of lending it any credit by treating it with seriousness. Advice to you: Don't assume your point has been misunderstood just because it's treated as nonsense. And maybe develop a sense of humor.

@Gen: Ugh, that movie...But yeah, that's the issue, it sounds like some goofy generic 80s thing regardless. Waiting for the lore is best before starting up the namestorm though.
    Really curious to hear about this guy...
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 31st Jan 2016 at 07:14.

I got the point. I just deemed it a silly one - which it is, bit of a slippery slope argument, 'well, why not just make EVERYTHING a gun then?!' - and decided to make light of it instead of lending it any credit by treating it with seriousness. Advice to you: Don't assume your point has been misunderstood just because it's treated as nonsense. And maybe develop a sense of humor.
    Clearly u didn't get the point because if u did,u would've understood that was sarcasm.Ofc u weren't supposed to take it seriously.
    But what i don't understand is why did u reopen a subject that is already closed?
    I said my point of view,Raina showed me i was wrong,i owned my mistake,subject closed.
    Then after 1 day u come along and reopen it,and with what? "There is,it's called bow-and-arrow"? What was the point in doing that?
    If u did get the point like u say,and u STILL did that,that means u simply wanted some attention and in that case there's nothing left to talk about.

@Gen: Ugh, that movie...But yeah, that's the issue, it sounds like some goofy generic 80s thing regardless. Waiting for the lore is best before starting up the namestorm though.
    Really curious to hear about this guy...
    I'm also looking forward to a good read. We'll make a thread for suggestions like before. We know that there are no guarantees that it will be changed, but you never know.

I don't think I'm digging the beastmaster name either. Totally forgot the vanguard original name was shield bearer. I like skinchanger best.

Alternates to beastmaster: skinchanger, shapeshifter, shaman, druid, beastman, hawk knight...

Na na na na na na BIRDMAN! BIRDMAN!

No, seriously, just name him Skinwalker. The name fits him like a glove. He has that whole Native American theme going on.

Originally Posted by The_Dapper_Sapper

No, seriously, just name him Skinwalker. The name fits him like a glove. He has that whole Native American theme going on.
    Does he walk on skin?

I like Druid best for the name, because of the associations with Bane.

Does he walk on skin?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin-walker

Originally Posted by The_Dapper_Sapper

I was gonna suggest that as well once the full lore came out .

Based on what we have so far it is a perfect fit given his powers, appearance, and what little lore we have.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12