Thread: [PC] Steam activation key

[PC] Steam activation key

Hi everyone
    I hope some of you can help me.
    I've bought my retail copy of ROTR today and, half an hour ago, it became available on steam officially.
    When i insert my DVD on my pc and start the setup, it automatically opens a steam windows asking me to insert my KEY (i already activated my product on square enix site btw), but i don't know which code i'm supposed to insert there.

I've tried a lot of times to insert the same key that i have inside my game box (since i only have one of it) but steam keeps telling me that it's an invalid key...

I can't really wait to play this game but this problem is driving me mad.
    Thanks in andvance for your help

Hi,
    I had the same problem, so after some research I found that the key on the paper is for Square Enix's site and the key for Steam is in the box just under the CD. The code is hide behind the CD !

Yea, i saw your reply just a few seconds i've discovered it.
    Thanks anyway

The problem now is that i've been "banned" from the activation process due to "too many attempt" -.-
    Any knowledge about HOW LONG do i have to wait to be able again?

Quote Originally Posted by Florine-t View Post
    Hi,
    I had the same problem, so after some research I found that the key on the paper is for Square Enix's site and the key for Steam is in the box just under the CD. The code is hide behind the CD !
    2 codes?

How on earth does that work, surely the Steam code is enough validation. What does the code for Square-Enix unlock?

You might try to contact Steam customer service, explain your activation confusion, see if they can resolve the matter more expediently.
    signature image

It's ok for me ! I waited 1 hour