View Poll Results: Which ruleset would you prefer to see applied to the next League Beta season?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4v4

24 63.16%
  • 5v5

14 36.84%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: League Beta 5.0: 4v4 or 5v5?

League Beta 5.0: 4v4 or 5v5?

League Beta 5.0: 4v4 or 5v5?

With the next League season fast approaching, and plenty of you guys clamouring for more 5v5 TDM after the technical test ends on the 31st of January; we have a very interesting decision to make…and we would love to read your thoughts on the matter.

We were initially going to go ahead and run the next League beta with the 4v4 TDM ruleset…however the amount of positive feedback that we have received about the 5v5 test has been rather overwhelming (in a great way).

The merits for 4v4 or 5v5 in a League scenario can be argued either way. We would love hear your thoughts on the topic. This poll will close on Thursday the 28th of Jan. Don't dally, get your vote in now!

The Poll
    Which ruleset would you prefer to see applied to the next League Beta season?
    • 4v4 TDM
    • 5v5 TDM

Party Size Poll Result
    It’s worth mentioning that following on from our last poll, the next League season will run with maximum party sizes of 2 players. Thank you to everyone who took part in that poll, and that discussion.

I would like to note that additional QA testing does need to occur for 5v5 League. There is a possibility that some of the additional systems that League games require won't behave as intended now that the parameters within which they were designed might be changing. If the decision is made to run a 5v5 League, but QA find an issue, we may need to delay 5v5 to a subsequent League season.

The feedback that you provide will help to inform our decision when it comes to setting up the next League season. Thread comments are just as important as your vote. Please don’t hesitate to let us know why you made your choice.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

how can i vote?

Originally Posted by FischioTigre
    how can i vote?
    Click on the radial button of your preferred choice, and click "Vote Now".

The poll is slightly above the first post in the thread .
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

"You may not vote on this poll"

But I vote for 4v4.

5 v 5 Good!!!

Have people who play 5vs5, myself too i play mostly 5vs5, not means the game need to turn in a 5vs5 nobrain chaos.

This mode is fun atm because since long time we dont had variety aside the short period of beta for capture the body and capture the point.

But ranked must be a expression of the gameplay of the game, tactics and skills, so 4 vs 4, not a 5 vs 5 chaotic gameplay.

5v5 is a nice distraction, but 4v4 is better

Besides that; if you don't actually adress problems in League I don't care anyway

Apparently im not not allowed to vote for some reason, either way.

5v5 ranked, are you kidding me? In a game thats designed for 4v4? Not the brightest idea there gotta say...
    Keep the herpyderp 5v5 mode as its own thing, alongside 4v4 tdm, and 4v4 ranked...

4vs4, the 5vs5 is too caotic for me :S

But what will be the prize for this League? A skin? an ability? PLEASE A vampire skin!!!

Maps are small for 5v5. And its more chaos then some tactics.

How about 4v4 and no premades at all?

There is nothing serious about 5v5, it's just a broken for-fun mode.
    No, league should be kept 4v4 lmao

also 5v5 would make the games even more unbalanced.

4v4 TDM. 5vs5 is even worse with premades and hackers.
    Coil is still turning.
    signature image

Leagues with 5 players, sure why not. it's still in its testing phase and it could be fun.
    Find a way to disable lobby dodging, disable party queu, and let's see if everyone can survive on their own and
    adapt to the team he or she joins. Nosgoth Survival 5.0 !

I haven't reached my 30th post so i can't vote.
    Perhaps registered users should be allowed to vote after 5 or ten posts.
    Oh yeah and i'd like a different forum name. i can change my main square enix profile alias, but forum name stayed the same.
    Who can i sent a pm about this.

TIA,

DistortNL
    Last edited by Burial_Ground; 26th Jan 2016 at 11:30.

I will not play a single match if it's 5 vs 5.

Well it's not he world's end when a 5vs5 league will be played. 4vs4 normal deathmatch is also available. ESL is open every week, so plenty of choice. Perhaps the only reason people play is cash, then you'd be better off with a 40 hour workweek
    Last edited by Burial_Ground; 26th Jan 2016 at 11:31.

"You may not vote on this poll"
    No idea why i can't vote, but i'd clearly vote for 4vs4 !
    5vs5 is pretty nice, but like others already mentioned it is very chaotic aswell and 4vs4, in comparison, feels way more tactical!

One reason why 5vs5 feels so chaotic might be cuz the matchmaking puts together whoever joins the queue. That means Blood or Eternal ranked players get matched up together with guys playing their first matches. Right now it's basically just about who gets more newbies on his team, that's pretty annoying...

An example:
    Just yesterday i had a guy on my team dealing 2.000dmg while i dealt 10.000dmg, so i nicely suggested him to maybe switch class. Another teammate replied "nevermind it's his second Nosgoth match ever".
    I dunno how ya'll see this, but i don't enjoy loosing matches due unfair matchmaking.

Maybe the playerbase is too small to put players of even skill together, but at this current state i won't join any more 5vs5 matches...

Originally Posted by Hastenitgesehn

An example:
    Just yesterday i had a guy on my team dealing 2.000dmg while i dealt 10.000dmg, so i nicely suggested him to maybe switch class. Another teammate replied "nevermind it's his second Nosgoth match ever".
    I dunno how ya'll see this, but i don't enjoy loosing matches due unfair matchmaking.

Maybe the playerbase is too small to put players of even skill together, but at this current state i won't join any more 5vs5 matches...
    We've all had this. This is the case in every game mode, Leagues or not.
    Again: Make solo league actually record your solo contribution to the game!
    Otherwise, it feels to me like you're just throwing away money.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    This is the case in every game mode, Leagues or not.
    is it? always felt like once i hit blood on ranked i got more players of similar skill. but may only be the impression i got...

4v4 for leauges definitely. While 5v5 is fun, it is a total chaos on the screen most of the time and should remain its own game mode.

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Click on the radial button of your preferred choice, and click "Vote Now".

The poll is slightly above the first post in the thread .
    it tells me "Voters 22. You may not vote on this poll", there is no radial button :O

Love the way New Player status vote pro 5v5 and Gamer or higher ranks decimate the idea of 5v5 in league, just an oservation

I'm fine with the next league sessions being 4v4 or 5v5, but I'm going to vote for 5v5. My reasons why is that the party size is going to be limited to 2, playing experience has shown me that the more players on the maps mitigates huge discrepancies in scores, and there's a new level of tactics and playing involved with 2 extra players on the map.

With party size being limited to 2 people, you won't see 5-man groups destroying the leagues. Unfortunately, we're not going to have full-size groups this time but I felt like allowing 4-man groups was a real return to playing Nosgoth the way it was intended. Like I said above, playing experience in the past couple of days with people of all skill ranges and against a few parties has shown me that the score discrepancies tend to be less than 15 on either round. Furthermore I've seen large comebacks in score that exceeded the difference from the first round that I typically never see on 4v4 TDM.

With more people on the map, more ground is typically owned by humans and reinforcements come in waves and less 1 by 1. Picking humans off from the group has become more essential because a lot more firepower is typically being thrown towards an engaging vampire. Kidnap and Dominate Mind have gained more value in 5v5, as well as Choking Haze which is being used to cut off rescuing humans.

Those are my thoughts. I am biased because I've enjoyed the change of pace in 5v5 but whatever the result, I still agree with Da_Wolv that the nature of leagues and scoring rank is rubbish. I'll still play because I love the game and I want the blood rank reward.

Please, no 5v5. This mode is absolutely horrid. I would actually delete it from the game altogether because it can potentially split the community (at least to some degree).

Page 1 of 2 12 Last