Thread: Does anyone play?

Does anyone play?

Does anyone play?

Most times i have to wait 5-10 min. for a quick 5v5 team deathmatch to start. Even then, people drop out and wait another 5min. for to have a 5v5...

Also I'm matched with players that have around 70+ hours in-game. I'm convinced we do not have enough new people trying out this game, maybe lack of advertising?

I really like this game, but I'll have to uninstall if I can't well......play the game?

no

The game isn't 'officially' out yet - it's in beta - so there's been no real advertisement. The player population is therefore low and poor matchmaking exacerbates the problem. Many have suggested that the lobby system be replaced by a general queue to get games going faster but so far, none of that's been heard by the devs.

But the release phase is apparently coming soon - soon being relative to game dev timeframes, of course.

What I do is get into a lobby then put the game into window mode so I can do other things while waiting for the lobby to fill. Also, in the server select, go with Any/All rather than West/East/whatever. Bigger pool.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 20th Jan 2016 at 23:16.

Honestly it was more active in closed beta than now. Next to no one even streams it anymore, myself included, because the devs clearly have no idea where their development priorities lie themselves with extremely slow progress. For a professional company this is really sad. I've seen indie dev teams, and mod teams put out more content and keep it balanced more than the Nosgoth dev team, as much as I hate to say it.

The game was making great strides earlier on, but the last year have been so meh with keeping the game fun and interesting and as someone who loves the Legacy of Kain, and bought the most expensive founders pack with high hopes for Nosgoth as well, it's a honestly heartbreaking a bit.

Ranked playewas a great addition and a good concept +1, but if they can't keep up the pace with updating this game, it's going to die out. Playing regular unranked these days takes forever to get a lobby sometimes. It's just not good. I'll play if they make any significant changes more than 2 new maps a year or a new class, but for now if that's all they're really upto, i'm not going to touch it.

I had high hopes also, bought the pack from steam just to support the team...didn't even open the gold/silver chests and whatnot.

Progression felt faster back then...and dev-comunity interaction was much better, with streams with the devs showing off new maps and classes.

I still play quite faithfully, what gets me though are:
    1 - the slow match-making;
    2 - little class ability variety;
    3 -how nothing can be done if you get a leaver.

1st one could be helped with an "any" filter, where you get matched with any region (or if this is not good) and game mode.
    With this 5v5 event, i wish i could choose either 4v4 or 5v5...in other words, queuing them both (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=185298)

2nd depends on having new ideas and stuff to make new abilities, we fans ourselves have given many suggestions in the forums...not all are necessarily good, but maybe devs could give it a look.

3rd one could be fixed with the spawn queue, with a FIFO list of players spawning (and the list being filled with dead players);
    or by balancing the teams if its 4v2 for example...make it a 3v3 dunno;
    or best of all...just put a surrender button.
    (point is...i hate wasting time on hopeless match)

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    1st one could be helped with an "any" filter, where you get matched with any region
    That exists already. And it does help (I use it exclusively now) but there's still quite a wait.
    And then there's the wait for the lobby to actually fill...Nothing helps that.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    That exists already. And it does help (I use it exclusively now) but there's still quite a wait.
    And then there's the wait for the lobby to actually fill...Nothing helps that.
    Oh? It vanished in one of the patches, didn't notice it was back.

I personally don't like the "any" filter. What I'd actually like are tick boxes for each region so you can create your own pool for server matches. If I use the "any" filter I often get thrown into OC servers depending on time of day, which are basically unplayable for me. I can easily play NA-e, NA-w, and EU though.

On a side note, and this is merely speculation from me, so don't take this as any kind of official statement, although I imagine a lot of people will agree, I noticed a sharp decline in community interaction almost immediately when Rocket League was released and was seen with success. I can't blame them for this, as it seems to be doing well (In fact, they are hiring, based on LinkdIn). It'd be nice to see a little more interaction though. Looking back, the best states this game has been in, regardless of balance, was when the dev team, whom have shown potential in many cases, were actively engaging with the community.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Originally Posted by cmstache
    On a side note, and this is merely speculation from me, so don't take this as any kind of official statement, although I imagine a lot of people will agree, I noticed a sharp decline in community interaction almost immediately when Rocket League was released and was seen with success. I can't blame them for this, as it seems to be doing well
    I'd bet my money on this...there is definitely less interactions and i noticed how they're not even bothering in doing a complete game update posts.
    This latest patch they works on Sentinel's turning animation and they changed the Screech ability (it's now green-ish and not yellow)....and not a word about it.

But as you said, cant blame them...Rocket League is much more profitable.

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    But as you said, cant blame them...Rocket League is much more profitable.
    Almost as if reviving the IP in such a bizarre deviation of its established design and intent was a ridiculous idea from the start...

Ahem.
    Maybe Nosgoth will fare better on all sides after release.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Maybe Nosgoth will fare better on all sides after release.
    I do believe in Nosgoth's potential. Each human and Vampire class feel unique, and i have fun playing the game.
    It's problems like slow match-making, unbalanced matches* (like 30 - 5), and the bugs that really get to me...

*balance is really tricky since Nosgoth depends a lot on teamwork...one bad team player and all goes to heck.
    But the other 2 are fixable i.m.o..

There you go new player here downloading right now.

Originally Posted by SerenitE
    There you go new player here downloading right now.
    Welcome.