Thread: Where's Waldo. In other words. Mysterious items?

Where's Waldo. In other words. Mysterious items?

Where's Waldo. In other words. Mysterious items?

The title basically says it all. Well. The last part of the title.

I'm not sure if I have to put this thread to bug & issue section before clarifying this with other denizens of Nosgoth.

It has come to my attention, that mysterious item drop-rate has completely diminished to none. If you're considering that as 'tough luck' I should tell you, that I have mysterious find booster which is completely being wasted down the sink. And you, yourself check. When's the last time you got mysterious items? I'm sure all of you are being stacked with occult/balefire/chest junk. I also imply you to check each time of an end of a match what people got from the match. Clearly not any mysterious items. While I'm sitting here getting bitter with a thought that my booster is going to expiration because of Dead of Winter event or whatever it's named. I'm certain by this one circumstance all mysterious item drop rates has been reduced to zero because it's been replaced by balefire 'exotic' effect items.

So I'm asking you people to whether confirm this or denie it, or even have I missed anything? If this'll escalate as I think, I'll make a duplicate of this thread to the bug & issue section concerning that I'm wasting my money on something which exist in parallel universe.

Regards.

Yep, it seems the mysterious items are still replaced by winter items. They did say balefire exotics would drop instead of MIs for the duration of the event, but I'm not sure it was intended to last for so long. Maybe they forgot about it...

Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    Yep, it seems the mysterious items are still replaced by winter items. They did say balefire exotics would drop instead of MIs for the duration of the event, but I'm not sure it was intended to last for so long. Maybe they forgot about it...
    It was indeed intended to last. The patch notes that first mention the event say (and have always said) that the event will last until February 13. Arbitrary date, that, but I prefer these longer events over the weekend ones that I miss for being away on visits. XD

So the MIs should be back for V-Day. No worries.

Oh yeah, it even says on the home screen in-game that it ends Feb 13th. So, no MIs until then I guess.

Oh I really wish we'd start getting MI instead of those useless balefire stacks
    We're basically getting less rewarding/interesting items in place of the old MI drops during the 'event'. For me its a bad event then!

I'm not sure why this is was a good idea in replacing drop-rates in first places. I don't remember this ever happening on the events, that happened before.

In general I can't see how they even came up to this of replacing them with a fact that there's a booster designed to increase the chance in finding this.

Whether this has been told by them or not this shouldn't have been implemented like that in first place. Is it that hard just to insert another exotic item into a blender of drops?

Also BF is longest and most boring event. Not longer then molten drops(didn'd stop after event end), but it was a bug. I like mysterious iced items style much more. And i have no idea what to do with event items. So rare. So useless. Sell it? Salvage? Wear on gay pride?
    Sorry for my terrible English

This was a lame idea, not only people with Mysterious Item Booster waste their bonus but these things are so useless, they are only for looks. I only use them because I might have a class that doesn't have a mysterious item yet and that's it, the moment I get them I delete them.

It would only make sense to make the all these items to be customisable in the forge. I think there was talk of adding that feature eventually, but it doesn't have any ETA yet. It's probably worth hanging on to the items ready in the meantime though. Maybe they'll get back to the forge after these new classes.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I heard that eventually, the forge will be change to allow you to upgrade both exotics and your blues to have extra stats.

The Exotics will get two stats, while your blues will gain an effect.

Not sure if it's true, but I'd love to use a Balefire with two stat boosts

Originally Posted by Raptr0s
    I heard that eventually, the forge will be change to allow you to upgrade both exotics and your blues to have extra stats.

The Exotics will get two stats, while your blues will gain an effect.

Not sure if it's true, but I'd love to use a Balefire with two stat boosts
    Adding stats is something you can do already, but only on standard, uncanny and arcane items. I think you can upgrade those to arcane, but not all the way to mysterious and not if it's already an exotic or unique item, which really sucks because I really want my items to be both flashy *and* usefull at the same time.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I tried to forge hunter with -spread/-recoil, wasted 10k gold, didnt get any spread/recoil.
    Quicksilver gone. Salvaged 2 items. Gone again. Useless mystirious also gone. Relic shards gone. I didnt get any good stats. Now i cant recharge. Again. Hate it :/
    Sorry for my terrible English