Thread: Life is Strange Sequel- Where Would Max Go From Here?

Life is Strange Sequel- Where Would Max Go From Here?

Hi, first post here, try not to judge me too much.
    Firstly, I absolutely adore this game. Never in any recent memory have I been more emotionally invested, attached, and devastated by a game, nay, a story in general.
    And while I know DontNod have discussed a potential sequel (which I extremely hope they do), it seems as though they may go in a different direction with new characters and setting.
    However, while this could indeed work, I am personally much more interested in seeing the story continue on from where the first game ended. Max is a wonderful, fully realised character, and a dynamic female one too (which unfortunately is a rarity in gaming at the moment). I am curious to see where she would go from here after the events of the ending, whichever one would be chosen.
    Would Max become a stronger individual? Would she continue to use her powers? Would her powers evolve more and would she be more powerful? Would she try messing with time even more to save Chloe or Arcadia Bay? Would she meet others with her power and possibly discover how she obtained it?
    I am very curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

I'm also that curious, but I don't think we will get the answers from Dontnod. They're clearly saying about new cast.
    So, for now my solution for this situation are funfics, since my own imagination isn't that strong
    I wrote a topic about funfics http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=184925
    First one from my list is really great continuation of LiS, after SAB ending.

Hmm let me guess what would happen after the ending:

Max an Chloe will move to Seattle to Max' parents.
    They will need some time to get along with what happened. Max will have to deal with the psycological effects of Jefferson some kind of abusing her and seeing Chloe die at the Junkjard. She will most likely also feel guilty that she was not able to save everyone (especially Joice and Kate). Maybe she will also feel guilty that shie couldn't prevent Kate form suicide (if that was the case).
    I think her powers are gone, cause they fullfilled their purpose. Even if she still has her Power, I think she wouldn't use them again, fearing to cause an other tornado.

Chloe will have to deal with the loss of her mother, the loss of Rachel and the fact that she was the reason that Max didn't save Arcadia Bay and its people.

Togehter, after some time of course, they will get along with ther traumatic experiences and "start a new live". Max will continue her potographic study. Chloe will move along with Max and try to study again.
    At that point both of them understood that live isn't about a "what if" and "making thinks undone", its more about "what will I decide to do" and "making the best of the path you took".

And of course they visit Paris some day.

The FanFic emtezet was talking about is very well written and also a very likely way how the story might go on.

Quote Originally Posted by shnoopix View Post

They will need some time to get along with what happened. Max will have to deal with the psycological effects of Jefferson some kind of abusing her and seeing Chloe die at the Junkjard. She will most likely also feel guilty that she was not able to save everyone (especially Joice and Kate). Maybe she will also feel guilty that shie couldn't prevent Kate form suicide (if that was the case).
    I think her powers are gone, cause they fullfilled their purpose. Even if she still has her Power, I think she wouldn't use them again, fearing to cause an other tornado.

Chloe will have to deal with the loss of her mother, the loss of Rachel and the fact that she was the reason that Max didn't save Arcadia Bay and its people.

Togehter, after some time of course, they will get along with ther traumatic experiences and "start a new live". Max will continue her potographic study. Chloe will move along with Max and try to study again.
    At that point both of them understood that live isn't about a "what if" and "making thinks undone", its more about "what will I decide to do" and "making the best of the path you took".

The FanFic emtezet was talking about is very well written and also a very likely way how the story might go on.

i dont think,that chloe will be a part of a sequel...sadly. if you look to the player statistic,around half of all player decided to save arcadia bay,instead of chloe. so how will you explain these player a sequel with chloe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mogli1977 View Post
    i dont think,that chloe will be a part of a sequel...sadly. if you look to the player statistic,around half of all player decided to save arcadia bay,instead of chloe. so how will you explain these player a sequel with chloe?
    There will be no sequel for this characters the developers confirmed this, and that's the right choice.
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 21st Jan 2016 at 16:01.

Quote Originally Posted by shnoopix View Post

Well, I would not like this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Denton View Post
    Hi, first post here, try not to judge me too much.
    Firstly, I absolutely adore this game. Never in any recent memory have I been more emotionally invested, attached, and devastated by a game, nay, a story in general.
    And while I know DontNod have discussed a potential sequel (which I extremely hope they do), it seems as though they may go in a different direction with new characters and setting.
    However, while this could indeed work, I am personally much more interested in seeing the story continue on from where the first game ended. Max is a wonderful, fully realised character, and a dynamic female one too (which unfortunately is a rarity in gaming at the moment). I am curious to see where she would go from here after the events of the ending, whichever one would be chosen.
    Would Max become a stronger individual? Would she continue to use her powers? Would her powers evolve more and would she be more powerful? Would she try messing with time even more to save Chloe or Arcadia Bay? Would she meet others with her power and possibly discover how she obtained it?
    I am very curious to hear everyone's thoughts.
    dude use your own imagination for the endings, that's why the endings are open minded this is why dontnod did this way the endings,but I swear there already this kind of thread in this forum why open again a new?
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 21st Jan 2016 at 16:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogli1977 View Post
    I never said anything about a sequel. I just described how I imagine Max and Chloe will live on.
    There won't be a sequel with Max and Chloe, their story is told. Even the devs said that.

@UNLIKEPholosophy
    That doesn't surprise me since we used to have a different understanding of the games story. But I don't care.

What happen if they go back to before Max move to Seattle? or when they were best friends etc... was it possible for max to go all the way back and decide not to move what would of happen?

Quote Originally Posted by softballumpire View Post
    What happen if they go back to before Max move to Seattle? or when they were best friends etc... was it possible for max to go all the way back and decide not to move what would of happen?
    It's possible but what would be the point of that?
    Max is only 13 years old at that time, how should she prevent her parents from moving to Seattle? Her parents had most likely a serious reason to move away.
    Another problem is that Max has no control of her actions between her changes in the past and the present she comes from. In five years a lot can happen and since a persons character is shapen by its experiance Chloe or even "Autopilot Max" will by high chance not be the same person.
    Max trying to save Chloe's father showed it clearly, Chloe and especially Autopilot Max are not the same as before.
    Even without that Episode you can easily imagine that rewinding far back solves nothing and will only cause more problems. Everyone you used to know might not be the same and even you might be a totaly different person.