Thread: Glacial Cavern - missing one collectible?

Glacial Cavern - missing one collectible?

Hello all, maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I've just got through Glacial Cavern for the first time, so not far, but then I spent far too long increasing my XP in Siberian Wilderness. Anyway, I worked through the cavern and the ship and found everything I could, including going over the route looking at the ground and all around for any ledges, climbable walls and those flashing things on the ground. All done as far as I can tell. The left button by the X button (what's that called?!) indicates 1/1 tombs, 3/3 relics and 4/4 documents but the count on the outside of the screen indicates I have only got 7/8 collectibles for the region. I got all the way to the Installation region and went back, so I do not think I'm missing anything. Anyone seen the same and know what to do?

Cheers!

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richardapsmith View Post
    The left button by the X button (what's that called?!)
    It's called the Burger Button, aka START

Did you collected the Archivist Map?

Thanks for responding. I did get the archivist map, yes - everything indicated on that map. I did wonder if it was a flashy thing that I missed so went back over the ground but nothing showed up anywhere. I suspect it's a bug.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richardapsmith View Post
    Thanks for responding. I did get the archivist map, yes - everything indicated on that map. I did wonder if it was a flashy thing that I missed so went back over the ground but nothing showed up anywhere. I suspect it's a bug.

Rich
    there are only 7 collectibles, should be look like this:

Hello again

Yes, I have that. The bit I mean is something that is perhaps not obvious. On my screen right at the top and bottom are two strips. The top has gamertag on the left, "RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER" (in capitals!) in the middle (also brighter whiter text) and location on the right. The bottom cycles between three sets of information; percent complete and time spent playing is one, total kills and number of stealth kills is another with the third having total collectibles on one side and on the right is a line with something like "collectibles in this region 7/8". It's directly underneath the "100% Complete" line in your screen-shot. Sorry if links are not supposed to be posted but this is simpler than me working out how to do a screen capture. The picture at http://www.themarysue.com/may-the-ka...in-your-favor/ shows the locations of the two lines of text, strips at the top and bottom. Thanks, Rich.

Stella worked out that it is "Broadcast Frame" in the options menu. I switched it on for whatever reason before playing; maybe not many people are seeing this as I think the default setting is "off". I had the impression that this particular measure was misbehaving elsewhere, too, but I don't have solid evidence for that as I'm still ploughing through the game (very good it is, too). Stella had the same text, 7/8, and suggested it might be some less-important pick-up but neither she nor I have found it so more likely it's a bug. Rich.

It's also showing incorrect numbers for "Siberian Wilderness"; although 100% complete for me that shows up as 14/16 so it's not measuring something there either but there does not appear to be any pattern. I agree with the point Stella made to me, go with the in-game percentage, but something is wrong somewhere. Unless it's a number that's to do with challenge mode but I haven't got to that yet and if it is then why is it showing up in the normal game? Oh, well, it's hardly worth worrying too much but I just don't like it when things don't add up. Rich.

It's showing correctly after completing the game.

Another player just emailed me about this. He said he saw "0/45 Collectibles" in the area with the final cutscene
    . That has to be a glitch, no? Anyway, I emailed the devs and hopefully someone in the know can get to the bottom of this.
    Tomb Raider Help & Walkthroughs at tombraiders.net

I didn't get all the collectibles in the game but when I had trouble finding certain ones I searched on youtube. Just type in Rise of the Tomb Raider and the area you want and all collectibles and just follow the person controlling Lara. Go to each area they go even if you are certain you've already collected it. I've noticed some collectibles don't show up on the map because they are behind something such as a waterfall.
    signature image