Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread: Next Human Class?

Next Human Class?

Next Human Class?

Well guys, it would appear that the plan for the new pair of classes is to let the human go first this time.

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Howdy folks,

I know you're eager to get to grips with a Rahabim, we would certainly love to get a class based on the Rahabim into the game. I want to confirm for you now however, that Nosgoth's next class will be fighting for the Human cause.* We'll be bringing you more info about that class in our special edition mid-January State of Play. We can't wait .

So in anticipation of this, I thought it would be nice if we voiced what we hoped for this next class to be. Whether it just be what you hope the type of fighter the class will be, the weapon the class will use, the background of the faction the class belongs to, the role the class will take on in the game, or all of the above and any other area.

Warning: Long post

Going by what we have so far, this is a bit of a stretch in a few places but bear with me. I could be completely wrong, I was wrong about the prophet but before the prophet's release I did find the pistol weapons in the game's files before she was released, I just never would have guessed that to be a primary weapon, I'll have another look in to the game's files when I get home. Anyway, here is what I dug up solely from what we have available without any file digging.

Hunter = Assault/Mid to close range

Scout = Sniper/Mid to long range

Alchemist = Demo- Close range

Vanguard = Heavy- Close Range

Prophet = Support/Debuffer Mid to close range

Then I looked at the human pages and blogs about various things looking for some kind of common factor or clue to future content. There were a few things that stood out to me and got me thinking, generally they don't post the blogs of lore without some kind of reason and then I thought back to one particular blog.

This one: http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/the-sacred-and-the-profane

There are a few things in this blog that we can look at that hints most strongly at the next class, I will post the quotes from it that got me thinking the most.

Oldest of those worshipped are the fabled Guardians of legend. Little is now known about many of them, with even their names and precise numbers lost if they were ever once known. Some scant details have survived: Bane the Lord of Life; Dejoule of the Holy Light; and Anarcrothe the Wise.
    Also this:

As with the Sun, the waters of Nosgoth are venerated for their ability to ward off the Vampires. Natural springs and artesian wells are miraculous gifts and the sites of pilgrimages. Sea coasts, lake shores and river crossings are marked with way-shrines each bearing the likeness of an inhuman figure, no two precisely the same. Wells dug in peasant villages have many-eyed faces scratched into their stonework, while the fountain in a great king’s court may have an elegant statue crafted by the finest artisans he can afford. Sometimes he is smiling and benevolent, other times terrible in his anger. Sometimes his aspect is that of a sombre man weighted with chains; others a monstrous amalgamation of sea creatures all bulbous-eyed, fanged and tentacled. His true name is never spoken, but like his face his use-name will change from region to region: the Seagrave, the Salt Lord, the Saint of Dark Waters, and a myriad of others.
    Now those alone just seems like some background lore until you read further in to the blog and find one particular sentence.

And there are said to be those in the wild places of the world who still look to Bane or Dejoule for their inspiration and protection…
    For those unfamiliar with the NPC's from the lore I shall link them below.

http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Bane

Bane was born to serve the Pillars as Guardian of Nature at some point in the centuries of Nosgoth's early history and, along with the immortality gifted to him by his role, Bane's position also allowed him power over the natural world and the elements (including a certain degree of power over life itself), Bane was heavily associated with nature and wore animal hides.
    http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/DeJoule

Dejoule was born to serve the Pillars as Guardian of Energy at some point in the centuries following Nosgoth's early history and, along with the immortality gifted to her by her role, Dejoule's position also allowed her power over the "harnessing and manipulation of energy" which had somewhat altered her physical state, ...
    Then after reading all of that, I looked back at the human pages and what got me thinking there was this:

http://nosgoth.com/about/humans/vanguard

Criminals, deserters, pirates, battle-scarred veterans, blood-soaked priests and haunted medics stand together as a bulwark against the Vampire hordes.
    Conclusion: So, after reading all of that stuff and speculating, my conclusions are the following.

Druid- Mid to close range medic with possible animal companion.

Priest- Mid to close range using water based weapons.

Sorcerer- Mid to long rage using energy based weapons.

As for weapons, druid could use a throwing spear while the priest could use a water based weapon, water grenades maybe? Or a "flamethrower" that carries water instead of fuel. While the sorcerer could carry a stave and casts magic.

Again, I could be completely wrong, but this is what I have based on the research of the materials Psyonix gave us.
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

3. Originally Posted by Khalith
    So the Geese Master could finally come true!

Originally Posted by enkaku-silence-
    So the Geese Master could finally come true!
    signature image

hey guys, very cool thougts about the new class. Im so excited for the news - and yeah, i already thougt about a water based class too, with some kind of water thrower. Lets see, but the druid would fit well too

Originally Posted by TendrilSavant
    Geese Master confirmed? Geese Master confirmed.
    Indeed...no need for speculations...

But seriously, i agree with what Khalith said...i believe the new class will either be a Druid or a Sorcerer (devouts of either Bane or Dejoule)

Originally Posted by Khalith

Conclusion: So, after reading all of that stuff and speculating, my conclusions are the following.

Priest- Mid to close range using water based weapons.

Sorcerer- Mid to long rage using energy based weapons.

So I looked through the game files, only things I found that looked interesting were two items, one labeled as "Poison Dart" the other labeled as "Poison Shot." But if I remember correctly, the two of them have been in the files for a long time and nothing done with them. I haven't checked in ages.
    signature image

Wow Khalith, that is some serious research. It makes me think that there might be a secret society hidden among the human settlements, seemingly founded by the guardians you listed. It's funny those three guardians are revered when they are the ones responsible for twisting Dark Eden into what it is.

I'm also desiring a magic based class, by that I mean having magic as the weapon and not just as the abilities. I'd really like it if the class' power involved the elemental glyphs, they were only seen in this era and the construction of their alters was never explained. I'm hoping for scatter projectile, where you aren't likely to miss but if your shot isn't lined up right then you might not deal much damage. It's one style of projectile that hasn't really been done yet, closest is the Alchemist's multicannon and that doesn't really cut it.

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    Wow Khalith, that is some serious research.
    I have a lot of downtime on my overnight shifts and when I saw the OP's post I decided to look in to what we have so far. ;D
    signature image

It's funny those three guardians are revered when they are the ones responsible for twisting Dark Eden into what it is.
    I imagine all the Guardians were revered to some degree (my own project assumes as much). But as for those three in particular, their part in Dark Eden may be unknown or perceived as lies from Kain's empire. And those three fundaments in particular would seem integral to those desiring the end of vampires and the restoration of the land.

Energy reigns over the very spark of being and the exertion of lifeforms - the undead somehow still harness that spark to will their unnatural post-death exertion.

States dictates the laws of physics and the boundaries of forms - things which vampires defy with their supernatural gifts and ever-changing bodies.

Nature holds sway over the very land itself - which the corruption Kain celebrates (at least, he did in the beginning, built his throne at its catalyst and all) now defiles.

From a religious perspective, it makes sense. The worship of gods is often done in hope of sparing from evil and/or ill fate. Perhaps they hold faith that proper reverence of these aspects may in time empower the Guardians to return and undo the ongoing perversions of their power.

The poison dart stuff brings to mind something in a tribal or otherwise nature-inundated lot. Looking like it'll maybe be a nature-druid type if those are involved, possibly those raptor-eyed fellows that Andris so fondly remembers...
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 10th Jan 2016 at 01:05.

"As with the Sun, the waters of Nosgoth are venerated for their ability to ward off the Vampires. Natural springs and artesian wells are miraculous gifts and the sites of pilgrimages. Sea coasts, lake shores and river crossings are marked with way-shrines each bearing the likeness of an inhuman figure, no two precisely the same. Wells dug in peasant villages have many-eyed faces scratched into their stonework, while the fountain in a great king’s court may have an elegant statue crafted by the finest artisans he can afford. Sometimes he is smiling and benevolent, other times terrible in his anger. Sometimes his aspect is that of a sombre man weighted with chains; others a monstrous amalgamation of sea creatures all bulbous-eyed, fanged and tentacled. His true name is never spoken, but like his face his use-name will change from region to region: the Seagrave, the Salt Lord, the Saint of Dark Waters, and a myriad of others. "

This sounds a lot like Elder God worship, though the worshippers might not realize just who it is they're worshipping. Many faces, faces with lots of eyes, sea creatures, all of this is used in the imagery of the Elder God, especially in the Underworld in Soul Reaver. What lore post is this from? I really wish I could find all of these easily.

And I also would love a magic user for the Humans.

Originally Posted by FearGhoul
    "As with the Sun, the waters of Nosgoth are venerated for their ability to ward off the Vampires. Natural springs and artesian wells are miraculous gifts and the sites of pilgrimages. Sea coasts, lake shores and river crossings are marked with way-shrines each bearing the likeness of an inhuman figure, no two precisely the same. Wells dug in peasant villages have many-eyed faces scratched into their stonework, while the fountain in a great king’s court may have an elegant statue crafted by the finest artisans he can afford. Sometimes he is smiling and benevolent, other times terrible in his anger. Sometimes his aspect is that of a sombre man weighted with chains; others a monstrous amalgamation of sea creatures all bulbous-eyed, fanged and tentacled. His true name is never spoken, but like his face his use-name will change from region to region: the Seagrave, the Salt Lord, the Saint of Dark Waters, and a myriad of others. "

This sounds a lot like Elder God worship, though the worshippers might not realize just who it is they're worshipping. Many faces, faces with lots of eyes, sea creatures, all of this is used in the imagery of the Elder God, especially in the Underworld in Soul Reaver. What lore post is this from? I really wish I could find all of these easily.
    That's from 'The Sacred and the Profane' - which deals with religion in Nosgoth. There are quite a few nods to the old games in that entry.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

I always figured the poison dart or shot referred to the Prophet's pistols. If I remember correctly, their bullets are dipped in the black blood that is suppose to be toxic to vampires.

Well guys, it would appear that the plan for the new pair of classes is to let the human go first this time.

So in anticipation of this, I thought it would be nice if we voiced what we hoped for this next class to be. Whether it just be what you hope the type of fighter the class will be, the weapon the class will use, the background of the faction the class belongs to, the role the class will take on in the game, or all of the above and any other area.
    Well I think it's a mage/magic class. Maybe with lightning/water based attacks as primary ability.
    Since the Rahabim class will be female( making the Vampires consist of 4 male and 2 female classes) I hope the new class for the Humans will be male ( then we'll also have a 4-2 ratio).
    Can't wait for the blog

I still really like the idea of some sort of physical conduit such as a lightning rod or sceptre of some sort for directing energy attacks at enemies. Those light crystals from SR2 could be involved somehow, such as converting physical energy to mystical energy or something like that.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 12th Jan 2016 at 10:59.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Silhouette, Silhouette, At Long Last We Have A Silhouette!

What do you see when you look at this? Do you see what you were hoping for or do you see something else? Let the speculation begin.

The weapon definitely appears to be a shotgun. Not a big fan of that. The attack manner is fine, but the weapon...Eh.

Vamp suggested that it's possibly a harpoon gun. That'd be neat, maybe. If it's the kind of harpoon that stays connected to its weapon (ala rope or some sort of tether), that could open some interesting ability options.

And a harpoon gun would also be fitting with the Rahabim (presumably) being next in line. Might even explain that random ship in Soul Reaver with harpoons strewn about.

@GenFeelGooD
    Is this official? Sauce pls

@Ygdrasel
    I'm quite a fan of the shotgun, but it seems like a short musket actually (with a blade on top for some reason).

But it could also be a sick guitar!!!

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    @GenFeelGooD

@Ygdrasel
    I'm quite a fan of the shotgun, but it seems like a short musket actually (with a blade on top for some reason).

But it could also be a sick guitar!!!

It's from the mid-January State of Play. And it could totally be a guitar. People have asked for more implementation of vamp weaknesses ala Soul Reaver, after all. :P (I'm so disappointed that the spoiler wasn't a clip from Fury Road...)

And shotgun or musket, I just don't much care to see guns becoming a major thing. The Prophets had mystical visions to guide the creation of their weapons but even in SR, the weaponry is largely primitive. Crossbows and staves mostly, though the flamethrowers of that era are more advanced than what the Red Sisters use here.

HOWEVER, Moebius' "museum" in Blood Omen does contain some manner of shotgun or rifle that is never really explained. If that's a part of it, it's totally cool. I just don't feel like the average humans would manage to advance their tech so far with their own devices. The Prophets had visions. Maybe these guys stumbled upon some future tech in the Oracle's caves? I'd be all for that.

Last edited by Ygdrasel; 16th Jan 2016 at 02:11.

The reason sound was harmful to vampires was that high pitch of Raziel's spells caused their bones to shatter like glass and because the pipes of the deep sounds of the cathedral pipes drove them mad so they'd tear at their own throats and pluck at their eyes. A string instrument seems a bit too gentle for that.

The Moebius museum explanation was already implied as how the prophets learned about guns, wasn't it?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    The reason sound was harmful to vampires was that high pitch of Raziel's spells caused their bones to shatter like glass and because the pipes of the deep sounds of the cathedral pipes drove them mad so they'd tear at their own throats and pluck at their eyes. A string instrument seems a bit too gentle for that.

The Moebius museum explanation was already implied as how the prophets learned about guns, wasn't it?
    A) It was a joke, but also if the guitar solo was metal enough, it could still work. :P

B) The Prophets' guns are a result of "otherworldly hallucinations" envisioned by one of the original prophets. Not sure "otherworldly" implies anything as mundane as visions of the same world they inhabited. It does mention rumors of "a great Oracle whom Roxen suspected might be another of her own kind" but what "her own kind" is is never explained. Another Prophet? There was a whole order of those. But only she got the otherworld visions - perhaps the reception of those visions was the difference. Moebius' omniscience never came in visions like that though, otherworld or otherwise. I'd put my money on the Seer though. A) She's called the Seer. B) As an ancient Hylden or some hybrid thereof, she could be in tune with other worlds to receive such visions.

But yeah, the only thing explicitly tying any of the Prophet stuff to Moebius is the rather flimsy point of "Moebius called himself an oracle once". Plus the silhouette weapon there matches the one visible in his museum much more closely than the Prophets' flintlocks so if either were connected to him, I'd wager the new thing.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 16th Jan 2016 at 02:33.

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    @GenFeelGooD
    Oh I'd never be so cruel as to post a fake.

I'm also expecting this to be a shotgun, or blunderbuss if you wanna be technical. I'm happy to be getting the scatter shot I've been hoping for; but I agree that I'd wish it came in the form of something other than another firearm.

The first thing that popped into my head when I saw this was Mad Max, not from Fury Road but rather from Road Warrior.

Judging from the edges of the boots and shoulder pads, I'd say they're made of fur. My money is on the druid/man of the wild. I bet the thing wrapped around his waist is also made of fur. Arms look like they're exposed, except for the bracers he's wearing. I could imagine his chest piece to be made of fur too, possibly with some chest exposed if he's a wild guy. The pointy thing on his head makes me think that he has a mohawk, not a helmet. The jaw lines look a little wider than the rest of his head, so maybe a beard or a half mask. As for the weapon, I can see how some people think it resembles a shotgun, but I'm going to go with him using a dart gun; the part on the right being a long tube, and the part on the left being an ammo pouch. To me it looks like he's in the process of reloading, picking ammo out of the ammo pouch with his right hand, and holding onto his weapon with his left. Who knows though, it could be anything. I'm just hoping it's not a shotgun so maybe I'm trying to picture things that aren't there.

24. I think it is some kind of harpoon. Look at the front. Looks like some kind of grapple hook.

@Vampmaster
    Yup, as Ygdrasel said...it was a joke (the guitar weapon)

@GenFeelGood&Ygdrasel
    After what you guys said about BO1 (which would be a really awesome reference...makes me like Psyonix more and more...) and how it looks like a blunderbuss, indeed i agree...i take back what i said about the musket, i'd bet my money on you guys.

The weapon aside...i am a bit concerned about that silly looking head...i just hope its not a lame mohawk.

PS:
    @GenFeelGood
    I saw this pic today in the mid-january post...so sorry for doubting you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last