Page 4 of 4 First First 1234

Thread: Next Human Class?

Next Human Class?

http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/V...nter_pillagers
    He remind me a lot these guys, or these bad guys from "Brotherhood of the Wolf", that were using the same claw like knife
    Well i wonder if he will punch or rather hit vampires with the but of the gun, as it seems to have blade- the dumbest weapon design ever. Make one with barrel pointing at users face, why don`t ya? Y`know, to top off blade that should bite the meat of shoulder every time he fires

We have an advanced look at one of the skins that will be available for the class, as well as one of the weapons (just painted gold).

Last edited by GenFeelGood; 1st Feb 2016 at 19:18. Reason: putting up a better picture

Originally Posted by Heretic_13
    http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/V...nter_pillagers
    He remind me a lot these guys, or these bad guys from "Brotherhood of the Wolf", that were using the same claw like knife
    Well i wonder if he will punch or rather hit vampires with the but of the gun, as it seems to have blade- the dumbest weapon design ever. Make one with barrel pointing at users face, why don`t ya? Y`know, to top off blade that should bite the meat of shoulder every time he fires
    Protective armor/clothing.
    Weapon training. A regular user would be trained well to minimize the recoil.
    The blade edge, which would be the contact point if anything were, could be blunted.

@Gen: And there's the doofy mohawk. All is right (wrong) with the world. XD Neat skin otherwise. Kinda just glad to have another non-masked/helmeted human, really.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 1st Feb 2016 at 22:38.

Anyone else get the vibe that the skin in the League reward picture might be the Elite skin? He's much cleaner than the other skin, his claws actually seem to be forged from metal, and the design is similar to the other skins (albeit with far less blue).

Originally Posted by Gugulug5000
    Anyone else get the vibe that the skin in the League reward picture might be the Elite skin? He's much cleaner than the other skin, his claws actually seem to be forged from metal, and the design is similar to the other skins (albeit with far less blue).
    The Elite skins have previously been left until last for all the other classes and they all seem to have a common theme of blues and greys going on as well as attempts at solidarity with the other factions. I guess blue would look silly, so maybe the Elite skin would have some sort of grey fur like a wolf pelt or something.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 2nd Feb 2016 at 20:40.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I'd like to point out a cool thing said in the lore post about them:

They supplement these physical capabilities with the ability to call on primal energy from the sky and the land, blasting their enemies with fire and lightning or bolstering their allies with the strength of the natural earth. Their most distinctive trait however comes their ability to forge unique and terrible bonds with wild beasts, and so reshape their own bodies into new forms. While various savage animals roam the wilds of Nosgoth, from wolves to great cats, the only shapes the Scourge have been able to take on are those of various airborne birds of prey, sharp of eye and sharper of claw. Most common of these are the raptors called Treshawks – bat-winged, three-eyed and horned – which have come to dominate the skies of the north in recent years.
    So it seems they are creating a mix of a warg (game of thrones) and a mage...taking both suggestions of fire and lighting classes on the forums, and combining it with a druid-ish class.

In fact, they seem to be kinda like a combination of all 3 guardians from the Dark Eden (explained in the post)

Sauce: http://nosgoth.com/blog/beastmasters...ge-of-the-wild

Well.... we`ll get shotgun-mage?................................................................. Ok...

I'm really diggin' this idea.

Was hoping for some kind of trap-master or demlitionist, with snares and mines, but I definitely like a Druid-esq class as well...

Can't wait to give him a try!

The only thing that bums me is the gold weapon. I like the idea of melting enemy armor, but I've always seen gold weapons as tacky and pretentious, but that's just me.
    Last edited by Raptr0s; 3rd Feb 2016 at 19:47.

The names and requirements for the Beastmaster achievements are up. I won't bother typing them all out, but they're on the achievement list now. We have some names for his abilities:
    -Wrath of the Fire Bird: sounds like AoE damage ability.
    -Swoop: appears to knock down vampires and is used while in bird form.
    -Nature's Fury: A damage ability, can damage multiple vamps.
    -Leyline: ally buff.

Can't wait for a full reveal on the abilities. Also, on an unrelated note, did anyone notice the icon for infect on Nosgoth's website is different? It looks like they put the wrong one in by mistake, so we might be getting a new Deceiver ability too.

I'm all for new abilities!

Very excited indeed!

From what can be read from the post, they are kind of a mixture of all the Guardians responsible for creating the Dark Eden:
    The origin of their powers is not part of a grand tradition of nature-worship, but the twisted influence of the progenitors of Dark Eden. A mad triad of Pillar Guardians – Anarcrothe the Alchemist, Bane the Druid, and DeJoule the Energist
    It seems the abilities we will get are:

-Elemental abilities like fire* and lightning (from DeJoule)
    blasting their enemies with fire and lightning
    -Nature and shape-shifting abilities (from Bane)
    bolstering their allies with the strength of the natural earth
    Scourge have been able to take on are those of various airborne birds of prey, sharp of eye and sharper of claw. Most common of these are the raptors called Treshawks – bat-winged, three-eyed and horned
    -Explosives and other concoctions (from Anarcrothe)
    and have developed other crude explosive devices of their own
    *Although i am unsure if the fire should be related to DeJoule, it could have some link to Bane. This because Raziel's fire reaver is created with the Nature and Conflict vampire guardians.

Anyone else gonna call him something other than Beastmaster?

Seeing what I want to call him posted in the lore (Skinwalker) is all I needed to see. I will always refer to him as the Skinwalker class.

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood

Seeing what I want to call him posted in the lore (Skinwalker) is all I needed to see. I will always refer to him as the Skinwalker class.
    I prefer druid (also in the blog), but I've already said so, so I'll just wait and see if it officially gets a different name.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Still not seeing where he walks on skins...Or any connection at all between skin and walking...
    Skinshifter if anything makes more sense. He shifts skins.

I have no doubt that his official name will be changed to something other than Beastmaster though.
    In fact, the lore's out. Fine time for a name-change thread.

A fusion of the Dark Eden triad...That'll be interesting.

And he can shapeshift...
    Suggests some ability to at least emulate Guardian magic (shapeshifting being a States thing - indeed, BO uses the wolf/bat form icon on the Pillar...BO's pillars were kinda lame) to some lesser degree.

And the treshawks - who totally look like creatures straight from Final Fantasy X - being common further suggests that Dark Eden's magic is still present in some degree to spawn such bizarre creatures. Awesome.

I'm loving the brutality of these guys. Initiation trials, sacrifices...
    The lore mentions they swap bodies with the treshawks. All I can think of is one of these guys running around pecking at stuff and screeching. XD

"Ultimately the embryonic evil they are unwittingly nurturing will burst into its full and horrible growth. Where there once was a member of the Scourge there will be something awful in the shape of a man, and then the true dark harvest will begin."

Ooh. That does sound very 'feral human' esque...Obviously not the ones in Defiance but...
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 4th Feb 2016 at 00:01.

Sadly, it's been stated that they are sticking with Beastmaster as the official name; but that doesn't mean we can't refer to him as something else.

As for skinwalker, it is a Navajo legend. It is a person that is able to transform into any animal they desire, sometimes needing to wear the skins or feathers of the animal they wish to become.

So since we have learned so much about the Beastmaster, I thought I'd ask what you guys are expecting with his release and the flood of scatter shot that follows.

How do you plan to play him?

How do you plan to defeat him?

What role do you suspect he will fulfill?

What do you think will happen to the meta with his release, what humans do you think might fade from popularity or what vamps might return to the spotlight and vice versa?

Which skin do you like most?

What weapon variant or abilities sounds most appealing just off their description?

I intend to try to combo him with hook scouts...

Possible counters (for his bird mode) would be:
    - Deceiver's dominate mind
    - Reaver's pounce
    - Sentinel's sonic boom

Other than that i foresee him getting away easy with shape-shift.

Damage dealer and ceiling harassment.

Probably vanguard...cause he can do high damage but not so hard to hit like vang. In other words, both seem to need to be close to do good dmg...but BM, seems easier.

I like the elementalist one (white hair)

Heavy shotgun seems the best i think.

So since we have learned so much about the Beastmaster, I thought I'd ask what you guys are expecting with his release and the flood of scatter shot that follows.

How do you plan to play him?

How do you plan to defeat him?

What role do you suspect he will fulfill?

What do you think will happen to the meta with his release, what humans do you think might fade from popularity or what vamps might return to the spotlight and vice versa?

Which skin do you like most?

What weapon variant or abilities sounds most appealing just off their description?
    1. Treshawk form to scout and swoop. Follow up with rapid hits. Haven't given much thought to combos yet - I'll have to get a feel for him firsthand.

2. Sentinel and Deceiver seem like they'll have potential. I wonder if ghouls can chase him into the air...

3. Harassing Sentinels, general scouting, damage.

4. I see Sentinels increasing for at least a brief time just because of the obvious amusement factor. Vanguard may fall out of favor - or people will start comboing leylines with Vanguard Impalers and Kain's empire will be .

5. The Druid's Hood is everything I could ask for in a skin. I've always found Bane to be one of the more interesting character designs (Nupraptor and Mortanius aside, the other Guardians aren't so neat.) and it's an annoyance that it was only ever shown from a meager top-down view. But I'm also really into the black guy skin. I don't know what else to call it. The video doesn't name it. You know the one. XP

6. The repeater shotgun suits me best. I'll probably couple it with chain lightning. Alternate powershot and leyline depending on the map - save powershot for the more close-quarters maps, take advantage of that wall-dependent stagger.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 27th Feb 2016 at 08:12.

Interesting,
    I hadn't considered a scenario where scouts and beastmasters occupy a rooftop. I honestly can't picture what might defeat it if everyone on the team knew what they were doing.

I also wish I knew more about the dark skinned variant that was left out of the class warfare video, perhaps they are altering it in some fashion and that is why it was left out.

I'll attempt to utilize the Treshawk in offensive maneuvers as the initiator but I feel like it is meant more for escape and team defense.

Sadly, I also feel the Vanguard will become a rare sight; and I feel the same fate is in store for the Tyrant.

I think I like the armored skin most but the druid skin definitely has my attention as a LoK fan.

I'll have to see just how much damage it does first; but I'm feeling the ranged hunter's shotgun, went through the trouble of grinding through leagues for it after all.

Page 4 of 4 First First 1234