Thread: Max deleting SMS to David?

Max deleting SMS to David?

I'm confused about this: after Max types the SMS to David about the bunker location, her phone screen displays 'Message deleted.' Why does she delete it? Does she send it at all? I assume she sends it first, and that's how David locates the Dark Room, but what's the significance of deleting the message then?

Quote Originally Posted by lancelot2 View Post
    I'm confused about this: after Max types the SMS to David about the bunker location, her phone screen displays 'Message deleted.' Why does she delete it? Does she send it at all? I assume she sends it first, and that's how David locates the Dark Room, but what's the significance of deleting the message then?
    she send it, she just deleted because she cautious.

Because she won't remember sending the message herself, it would be odd for her to see that message after she finishes rewinding and that might alter the future (not sure if i am making any sense).

Anyway Maxine tells Chloe later in the episode to tell her everything she just said because she knows she'll forget once she ends her time in the past and return to present.

Quote Originally Posted by MagwitchOo View Post
    Because she won't remember sending the message herself, it would be odd for her to see that message after she finishes rewinding and that might alter the future (not sure if i am making any sense).
    Ah, yes, that makes sense, thanks.

I guess there are still questions like what happens when David later comes to ask Max about the SMS, and she doesn't have any idea what he's talking about. But I don't believe there's any way to make backward time travel logically consistent. Even though apparently nowadays it's a subject which is being seriously discussed by (some) physicists (Novikov's self-consistency principle). But still they make a distinction between traveling to the past and changing the past.