Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Why do you keep playing this game ?

Why do you keep playing this game ?

  1. #26
    Originally Posted by calypso-694
    wow if you guys hate this game so much STOP PLAYING
    http://steamcharts.com/app/200110#3m

    already happening, the player base drop and drop and drop...

    the jump in player base of middle December is the "launcher who minimize in tray instead of close" dirty trick.

    Originally Posted by calypso-694
    as far as a multi player games go Nosgoth is GOOD. yes there are issues that ahave already been discussed but nothing so bad as to stop playing.
    Nope, player base drop so there are reason enough to stop play it.
    If you dont realize those reason is your problem, the fact say there are reason and people left this game.

    Originally Posted by calypso-694
    people cry about bugs, I have yet to experience anything terrible much less anything at all.
    So you are not exactly the right person to reply in this kind of topic.

    Originally Posted by calypso-694
    takes a long time to get a match? don't know where you guys are playing but I have no problems getting into matches. even when leagues aren't going on.
    when leagues arent on is easier find a match, because player base in not split in 2, why you think must be more difficult find a match during league dont have logic.


    Personally i find always more difficult to reply to the question of topic starter, so i play less and less.

    all the friends i play in team before, already left nosgoth so i cannot anymore play with steam friends.

  2. #27
    This game is a mess. Slow updates, bad decisions. I only came back to get that Sentinel ability from league, but I think I can live without the FX as with this game. Its dying and I'm not going to be here to sweep up the ashes.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lower Saxony, Germany
    Posts
    702
    Well, it happens that I take a break from Nosgoth from time to time. But I won't stop playing it.
    I love that game way too much to quit playing it and I already spent a lot of mammon in it
    Some bugs are quite annoying, right. But we are still in beta and this phase ist for testing, trial and error. That's how Things work here.
    You should be glad you're able to take part in the devolopment of the game. Usually you get a finished game and have to deal with it, no matter if it still has glitches and bugs.
    I love to watch the game grow. I was there at it's birth (closed alpha) and I watched more and more clans or human factions join the war.
    For you they're maybe just bits and bytes, but for me they're far more. I like my boys and girls really much and all of them have a name
    Yes I developed a relationship towards the ingame characters. They're my babies.

    So, long story short: Please be patient

  4. #29
    I play it because at its core it's still a really fun game. I love the asymmetry, the entire concept, and the background. I don't really treat it as a LoK game, but I am absolutely sure that without those roots the game would be much more bland and generic.

    I do wish it was taken care of better, though. I feel people are exaggerating moaning about the game dying, but it's true that the rate of fixing the game's problems is unsatisfactory. I don't mind the slow rate of adding new content to the game, but bugs are lingering forever, and things are left unfinished - spectator mode, siege and capture the body - never completed.

  5. #30
    Originally Posted by calypso-694
    3. open world games are getting tiring and we all know it. the constant rehash of AC and back to back releases of farcry this or that, the fact rockstar is stuck on open world games (even though they are great at them) are getting tiresome.

    if there was an open world LOK it would be repetitive side objectives of kill this or collect that. maybe in old games but not today. open world games with pointless side quests are well...poinless. Mad Max is a great example. an open world game that was supposed to thrive but its boring and pointless quests killed it. not to mention kill X amount to aaqure fast travel base. ugh.

    I think im the only one who wants to see a linear game again, or at least something with hub sections. but as full open world? give me something else. LOK was special because of its story. Open world games tend to have a mish mosh story. you can start this story cutscene before that one, its tricky to pull off a complicated almost over done story like LOK with an open world game. even if they lead you down a linear path.

    example: hey guy, go save thw world (does some story missions, leads up to a point to go stop a bomb or big villain) ok, I think ill take a break and gather fast travel points, collect said object, or save people, bad guy or that big bomb that seemd so important in the last mission, it can wait.

    So, I'm guessing you hate Blood Omen then? Because it has an open world. And when the Nemesis' army was advancing to destroy civilization - super important event, y'know - I put that on wait to visit the Lost City and explore the moon caves. (Also, successful open-world games that still put a timer on crucial events: Dead Rising, Dead Rising 2, Fallout, Fallout 2.)

    Open-world games very rarely allow starting story cutscenes out of order. The story is almost always linear despite the world. And sidequests needn't be pointless - it's just up to developers to create a point for them.

    You can even have a linear game within an open world. Dishonored did it - each level was self-contained, but large and variable enough to qualify as open. FFX did it - Very linear progression, but you're free to wander outside the story to any place you'd already been. Blood Omen and Soul Reaver did it to a degree.

    See, my argument was that a new LoK game would succeed because the series' strengths are conveniently geared toward modern tastes. It kind of seems like your argument is just "I hate open-world games so they won't do well!" - But, see...Most people aren't you and open-world games still do well. Consistently. So...Yeah. And all that stuff that's being "overdone" now...Is also still doing well. That's why those things are still around. Those who are bothered by these things are incredibly vocal...But not that big a crowd in the grand scheme.

    (Also, I can count the bugs I've encountered across multiple Bethesda games on exactly one finger and it was fixed forever after a restart. )

    @Chulo: What's this talk of the game getting "completed"? Games like this are never completed. New bits are always getting tossed in over time otherwise people grow bored. Nosgoth's (and all titles of the online players-fight-each-other genre, ala TF2 and LoL) "completion" is one of two things: It dies out, or ceases to be profitable.

  6. #31
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    See, my argument was that a new LoK game would succeed because the series' strengths are conveniently geared toward modern tastes. It kind of seems like your argument is just "I hate open-world games so they won't do well!" - But, see...Most people aren't you and open-world games still do well. Consistently. So...Yeah. And all that stuff that's being "overdone" now...Is also still doing well. That's why those things are still around. Those who are bothered by these things are incredibly vocal...But not that big a crowd in the grand scheme.
    I agree. After successes like Witcher and Skyrim, it's a shame that new LoK games aren't heading that way.
    Only the first 2 (Blood Omen 1 and Soul Reaver 1) had this open-world rpg-ish setting.
    The new ones feel so action focused...you can tell action is where they were heading with the Dead Sun leaked gameplay.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1
    5. Ranked games...Bringing up 4 man premades is a DISASTAA!! Losing game with score something like 15-60 is not fun at all. It is rape. Most balanced league was with 2 man premades.
    I stop playing for this reason is so up 4 premades agaist 4 no premades... i spend 400 bucks in this game but they don t give a about you or me

  8. #33
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    @Chulo: What's this talk of the game getting "completed"? Games like this are never completed. New bits are always getting tossed in over time otherwise people grow bored. Nosgoth's (and all titles of the online players-fight-each-other genre, ala TF2 and LoL) "completion" is one of two things: It dies out, or ceases to be profitable.
    in the last state of play the dev's specifically said nosgoth is near it's final stages of full game release,
    that's why I mentioned a 4 game remaster as their next project.

    http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-...-november-2015

    EDIT: it's listed under bug fixes.
    Last edited by Chulo86; 30th Dec 2015 at 20:51.

  9. #34
    Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    I agree. After successes like Witcher and Skyrim, it's a shame that new LoK games aren't heading that way.
    Only the first 2 (Blood Omen 1 and Soul Reaver 1) had this open-world rpg-ish setting.
    The new ones feel so action focused...you can tell action is where they were heading with the Dead Sun leaked gameplay.

    I liked the Dead Sun gameplay well enough. The free-flow combat was arguably too finesse-oriented, not brutal enough as a vampiric hellscape ought to be. But the parkour bits were good, sliding down the walls and such - the kind of thing people have asked for with Deceivers, actually. And action can and has often been merged with open-world aspects. Assassins' Creed does it well. Shadow of Mordor, whose Nemesis System would just work so perfectly for a single-player Nosgoth-era experience, does it alongside RPG aspects.

    There's plenty of recent success titles for new LoK games to draw from mechanically while adding its own tweaks and changes, and plenty more to draw from story-wise based on the never-realized story concepts of Dark Prophecy, various fan ideas, all of the unresolved bits and pieces from previous games in the series...And just straight-up new additions if they'd like, like how BO2 first introduced the Hylden. A new element built upon the older ones, and it ultimately enriched the story.

    Frankly, there is just no reason at all for the IP to continue languishing into 2016.

  10. #35
    Catering to the LoK crowd or catering to the casual Esports crowd. Honestly I thought this when Nosgoth was first announced and now a year or two down the road with practical observation behind me I feel the same way - you can't do both. The two groups have very different ideas and expectations.

    Basically

    What LoK fans care about - Lore to be put into the game in whatever means necessary, interesting new unique model skins with good backstories, darker maps hailing back to the actual series

    What esports people care about - um...esports things. Leagues etc.

    I've personally found the causal esports crowd to consist 50/50 of those surprised the game had any backstory at all and trolls who insulted every aspect of it when brought up.
    I wonder which group out of the two is more likely to hang around long term and thus more deserving of being the preferred group to pander to? Gee....

  11. #36
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    I liked the Dead Sun gameplay well enough. The free-flow combat was arguably too finesse-oriented, not brutal enough as a vampiric hellscape ought to be. But the parkour bits were good, sliding down the walls and such - the kind of thing people have asked for with Deceivers, actually. And action can and has often been merged with open-world aspects. Assassins' Creed does it well. Shadow of Mordor, whose Nemesis System would just work so perfectly for a single-player Nosgoth-era experience, does it alongside RPG aspects.

    There's plenty of recent success titles for new LoK games to draw from mechanically while adding its own tweaks and changes, and plenty more to draw from story-wise based on the never-realized story concepts of Dark Prophecy, various fan ideas, all of the unresolved bits and pieces from previous games in the series...And just straight-up new additions if they'd like, like how BO2 first introduced the Hylden. A new element built upon the older ones, and it ultimately enriched the story.

    Frankly, there is just no reason at all for the IP to continue languishing into 2016.
    I know this is off topic...but i must say i only disliked Dead Sun as a LoK Sequel. The game itself looked very good, and pretty fun.
    If they'd make Dead Sun a new IP, i'd definitely buy and support

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,526
    Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    I know this is off topic...but i must say i only disliked Dead Sun as a LoK Sequel. The game itself looked very good, and pretty fun.
    If they'd make Dead Sun a new IP, i'd definitely buy and support
    I'll second that. Change or remove anything that came from the series and let it be finished. I'd even settle for simply stating on the record that this is inspired by but not directly connected to the series.

  13. #38
    Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    I'll second that. Change or remove anything that came from the series and let it be finished. I'd even settle for simply stating on the record that this is inspired by but not directly connected to the series.
    I always thought the series had room for it - just that it failed to fit into that room. It leaned too much on "HEY, REMEMBER THE OTHER GAMES?!" rehash bits (like the weak soul-reaving-hybrid thing going on w/ Gein just to imitate Raziel) but fix that up and up the writing standard a bit. One of the hunters had a tit hanging out, that was a big deal to people - Certainly unnecessary and ridiculous, but not high treason.

    The basic concept - far-future (or past), few direct connections but a new story building on them anyway - was exactly what Soul Reaver pulled off. And its alleged plans to focus heavily on Nosgothian religion, cultures, and the EG's background all sounded interesting. Much like the Star Wars prequels: Perfectly fine ideas, really incompetent execution.

    The most obvious hiccup was the spectral realm...Seemed less a realm of timeless limbo and dead things and more just a "past-time" realm. I'd once attempted to reconcile that but it was ultimately too convoluted and made no sense in the era that Dead Sun was meant to portray.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 3rd Jan 2016 at 06:20.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12