Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Patch Notes 18/12/2015 – Winter Weapons, Elite Lost Seer Skin, Server & Bug fixes

Patch Notes 18/12/2015 – Winter Weapons, Elite Lost Seer Skin, Server & Bug fixes

  1. #1

    Patch Notes 18/12/2015 – Winter Weapons, Elite Lost Seer Skin, Server & Bug fixes


    Denizens of Nosgoth,

    Winter is upon us. With it comes weapons and abilities wrapped in Balefire – frozen to the core. Today we also say hello to the Elite Lost Seer Skin, which you unlock by reaching level 25 with your Prophet! Lag across quite a few servers has been a bit of an issue for a while now, today’s update should return latencies to normal. We’ve got plenty of other updates and improvements on the way as well .

    SERVER LAG BEGONE!
    Fear not, the hamsters haven’t been dropping dead over the last little while; they’re still doing a great job with the servers. Instead it’s pesky bugs that have been slowing down all things server and network related. This patch crushes those bugs, and should return our servers and network back to normal.

    Thank you all for your patience while we addressed this issue!

    DEAD OF WINTER 2015
    As the days shorten and bone-numbing cold descends across the lands, a very special set of weapons, abilities and banners have become available.
    • Mysterious item drops now drop Balefire weapons & abilities
    • The Dead of Winter event ends on the 13th of February 2015


    ELITE LOST SEER SKIN
    Many of you have been asking about the Prophet's Elite Lost Seer skin. We know you want it, and we’re very happy to be able to bring it to you today! Anyone who reaches level 25 with their Prophet will unlock the Elite Lost Seer skin.

    After incorporating some changes based on community feedback into the design, we hope you like it !

    General Improvements & Bug Fixes!
    • Flying Sentinels equipped with Aerodynamics can now longer wing flap their brethren
    • The Vanguard’s Drowning God Shield has been updated to a darker, version with slightly more gravitas – more appropriate to the world he lives in
    • The Vanguard’s Drowning God Shield no longer leaves its burning breath behind on the ground when the player dies
    • Chat boxes are now correctly reset when you change lobbies or game modes
    • Under specific circumstances, holding a specific key combination while reloading would prevent the next magazine of ammo from dealing any damage. This is no longer the case
    • An edge case scenario in which a player would receive a win if his former teammates won the match, after he had left, has been quashed. All players must earn their victories!
    • Vampire’s “No Boast” option became unavailable after equipping a boast. Should you want your Vampires to be slightly more chill every now and again, now you can make that happen.
    • Fixes for Noscam Player View functionality have been implemented. This mode should work more consistently now.
    • Noscam key binding changes should now be retained
    • Talents that increase ammo count now accurately reflect said ammo increase in-game
    • New accounts can no longer delete their default items
    • Forge materials are now updated in real time in your inventory when you earn them
    • A number of anti-cheat improvements have been made on the backend


    Known Issues
    • League Tabs at the end of round will occasionally be empty
    • The Nosgoth Launcher server status does not show when the game is in maintenance mode
    • The Nosgoth Launcher must be manually restarted after an update is deployed in order to be able to boot up the game
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 18th Dec 2015 at 18:46.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  2. #2
    Please Note: You may need to restart the launcher in order to receive the latest update.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Balefire weapons, abilities and banners are now available in the store
    I can't find those things in the store. Maybe I've come too early, but just saying. I did get the update and the elite prophet).

  4. #4
    Alright! Full set of Lv 25 skins for all classes! It didn't feel like the class was complete with that "coming soon" message still here.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    I can't find those things in the store. Maybe I've come too early, but just saying. I did get the update and the elite prophet).
    I just checked and you are indeed correct. The items will only drop at the end of a match.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  6. #6
    Dealing no damage after a reload has been one of the most depressing bugs to be cursed with in the middle of a fight, hope this fixes it for good!
    Can't wait to check out the noscam player view (hoping it now works for the other players in the game and not just yourself?)
    Overall nice patch!

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by HexMee
    Dealing no damage after a reload has been one of the most depressing bugs to be cursed with in the middle of a fight, hope this fixes it for good!
    Can't wait to check out the noscam player view (hoping it now works for the other players in the game and not just yourself?)
    Overall nice patch!
    There are still more improvements that need to be made with Noscam playerview, this update simply improves the functionality ever so slightly.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  8. #8
    @Oghamsmith, I don't expect these immediately after releasing the Elite Prophet, but can any new sets be held off until the remaining Exaulted Skins (Prophet and Vanguard) and Buy-For-Gold skins (I forgot which ones we have so far) are ready? It was really frustrating last time when the Exalted skins were bumped ahead of the Elite skins. Same for lots of features TBH.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 18th Dec 2015 at 16:57.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  9. #9
    The Exalted skins request sounds like it makes sense. I'm not quite sure what you're asking for with the second half of your post though.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    I just checked and you are indeed correct. The items will only drop at the end of a match.
    Aw, that sucks, I thought it's just a delay in updating the store.

    But if so, I have to ask the question that I always ask on these events and I never get answered:

    Will the mysterious find booster increase my chances of getting these? Can someone tell me which chances are increased, exactly?
    Edit: I mean are ALL MIs balefire abilities now with the same chance as before and what about banners?
    Last edited by Ysanoire; 18th Dec 2015 at 18:28.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    The Exalted skins request sounds like it makes sense. I'm not quite sure what you're asking for with the second half of your post though.
    I was saying I didn't think the Exaulted skins should have been started before the Elite ones were finished and that the queue jumping shouldn't happen again if you decide to release any new sets of skins. A handful of skins are purchasable for gold, but there isn't currently one for each class, so those should also be finished before any new sets of skins are started.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  12. #12
    Hey guys,
    Although I do not know what made her have but I'm coming back into Nosgoth not pure. I have the same problem as yesterday after patch the steam Nosgoth not start. I have now restarted öffters steam and my PC in the hope that perhaps once again comes a patch. the website is online here serverStatus are online but I can not start the game.



    (it seems like this is a steam problem also my other games based on online such as. trove or Dungeon Defenders 2 do not function.)
    Last edited by IizGrohiik; 18th Dec 2015 at 18:01.
    signature image

  13. #13
    Are the balefire items in the store also? Are they still gold like they were the last time? Or are they runestones only again?
    My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

  14. #14
    This new patch is a , now the game crash EVER and I be banned because of crash without the option of reconnect... a really , congratulations... I cannot go to Blood Rank for YOUR FAULT!!!

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    Aw, that sucks, I thought it's just a delay in updating the store.

    But if so, I have to ask the question that I always ask on these events and I never get answered:

    Will the mysterious find booster increase my chances of getting these? Can someone tell me which chances are increased, exactly?
    Edit: I mean are ALL MIs balefire abilities now with the same chance as before and what about banners?
    Yes, boosters do increase you chance of getting these as they replace the standard Mysterious items. All MI items have the same drop rate, yes. There aren't any banners dropping.

    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I was saying I didn't think the Exaulted skins should have been started before the Elite ones were finished and that the queue jumping shouldn't happen again if you decide to release any new sets of skins. A handful of skins are purchasable for gold, but there isn't currently one for each class, so those should also be finished before any new sets of skins are started.
    Oftentimes game development has quite a bit of concurrent development taking place on things like skins. It's more efficient then starting one skin from scratch, completing it entirely, and then starting another from scratch.

    As for more gold purchasable skins across the classes, it's hard to say whether or not that will happen.

    Originally Posted by IizGrohiik
    Hey guys,
    Although I do not know what made her have but I'm coming back into Nosgoth not pure. I have the same problem as yesterday after patch the steam Nosgoth not start. I have now restarted öffters steam and my PC in the hope that perhaps once again comes a patch. the website is online here serverStatus are online but I can not start the game.



    (it seems like this is a steam problem also my other games based on online such as. trove or Dungeon Defenders 2 do not function.)
    Thanks for letting us know that looks like a separate issue!

    Originally Posted by Khalith
    Are the balefire items in the store also? Are they still gold like they were the last time? Or are they runestones only again?
    No they're not available in the store, they can't be purchased for either Runestones or Gold. They're only available as drop rewards.

    Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    This new patch is a , now the game crash EVER and I be banned because of crash without the option of reconnect... a really , congratulations... I cannot go to Blood Rank for YOUR FAULT!!!
    It would be great if you could start a thread in the support section for the forum with your PC specifications and what you were doing before you crashed.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by IizGrohiik
    Hey guys,
    Although I do not know what made her have but I'm coming back into Nosgoth not pure. I have the same problem as yesterday after patch the steam Nosgoth not start. I have now restarted öffters steam and my PC in the hope that perhaps once again comes a patch. the website is online here serverStatus are online but I can not start the game.



    (it seems like this is a steam problem also my other games based on online such as. trove or Dungeon Defenders 2 do not function.)


    -Thanks for letting us know that looks like a separate issue!

    ------------------------------------------------------------------

    I do not really think that there is another issue that I'm having this problem not the only one. A friend of mine has it also tested and the same problem with Nosgoth and we wonder why this leigt. the problem we had was also set up the update back yesterday then we could all play at once even if it was for very large lags after 1hour.
    Another friend has just me trying to help in ts, with him it would work. I hope it is not because of windos. I have no symbohl of Nosgoth on pc o0 he thinks I should click the bottom right.
    Thanks for the answer

    So I must say I am disappointed and I demand that already the log until 21:12 deletes it. it is not fair for those who wants itself to Monday can not log in because of some technical problem.
    I have really no idea why he does not start the game something has gone wrong during the update -.-
    Last edited by IizGrohiik; 18th Dec 2015 at 21:09.
    signature image

  17. #17
    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Oftentimes game development has quite a bit of concurrent development taking place on things like skins. It's more efficient then starting one skin from scratch, completing it entirely, and then starting another from scratch.
    Well, in cases where two or more skins share a mesh, but have several alternative textures, I could see how you could have one artist making the mesh and others taking a texture each. However, the Elite and Exaulted skins each had unique meshes and don't appear to have branched off each other like you described.

    Anyway, just to explain my reasoning, the Elite, Exaulted and Buy-For-Gold skins each seemed like they were intended as a set to be collected. It makes sense to me that they should be completed. For example, there's already a for-gold Prophet, Vanguard and Deceiver was it? I wouldn't expect another for-gold skin for those because one of each is enough for now. I would for the other classes though, because those are all lacking one. It's only fair that the numbers are kept equal, right?

    Speaking of sets, now that there's a full set of Elite skins, you could probably sell package like you do with the Evolved ones.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Anyway, just to explain my reasoning, the Elite, Exaulted and Buy-For-Gold skins each seemed like they were intended as a set to be collected. It makes sense to me that they should be completed. For example, there's already a for-gold Prophet, Vanguard and Deceiver was it? I wouldn't expect another for-gold skin for those because one of each is enough for now. I would for the other classes though, because those are all lacking one. It's only fair that the numbers are kept equal, right?

    Speaking of sets, now that there's a full set of Elite skins, you could probably sell package like you do with the Evolved ones.
    I think the daily reward skins, the friend referral skins, and the founder's Reaver were intended as the counterparts for the gold skins, though I would be okay with more gold skins (and more daily reward skins for that matter). I definitely agree on getting the Exalted skins finished, and it would be nice if the vamps could get some more unique skins, since recolors are nowhere near as cool as completely new skins.

    I also was going to mention that I'm surprised there's no Elite skin pack, but I'm sure it's probably already in the works (since making money is a high priority). I'm also surprised they aren't selling Balefire items in the store. I'm glad they didn't release them in another chest series, but seems like selling them in the store at least is an okay way to make some money for the game.

  19. #19
    someone notice the las is still there? less warp but many many shot dont connect and happen strange things during fights...

    someone can confirm?

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    The Exalted skins request sounds like it makes sense. I'm not quite sure what you're asking for with the second half of your post though.
    Methinks he refers to that 15k gold-bought skin. The Prophet has one but none else so far.

    Great to hear balefire stuff will drop rather than be crammed into new chests. Though with the sheer length of time it can take to both enter a lobby and then fill it, they'd basically need to be at a 90% drop rate.

    Good to see bugfixes continuing but that sounds like a fun bug. XD I just picture the Razielim splitting into Kain loyalists and rebels, meeting up at the Lake of the Dead to flap one another into the Abyss...

    Speaking of bugs: I got "Winter Pounce" but the effect isn't even related to Pounce. The effect shows up when I melee then fades after a while. Doesn't show up when I pounce at all. Bug, or intended?
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 19th Dec 2015 at 01:25.

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by riccetto80
    someone notice the las is still there? less warp but many many shot dont connect and happen strange things during fights...

    someone can confirm?
    I had that impression too (I've seen sentinels lagging around when everyone had green ping), but the instances of teleporting weren't numerous enough to tell if it was something wrong with the game, because lag spikes can happen to anybody.

    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Speaking of bugs: I got "Winter Pounce" but the effect isn't even related to Pounce. The effect shows up when I melee then fades after a while. Doesn't show up when I pounce at all. Bug, or intended?
    Huh? All the vampire specials with visual effects work like this.
    Last edited by Ysanoire; 19th Dec 2015 at 03:15.

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    Huh? All the vampire specials with visual effects work like this.
    Never had any before. Hence the question.

    But...Really? That's...Stupid. Why have one for different attacks then if the only thing they all do is recolor your hands during melee? Just have a single slot for visual FX if none are actually related at all to the abilities they claim to be tied to. "Winter Pounce" my foot, that's just Winter Melee. Way to be misleading, Nosgoth...

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    155
    I just played two matches, but it was way more stable Good job !

  24. #24
    nice new banners...
    too bad that they dont drop after matches and are not available in the store...

  25. #25
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Never had any before. Hence the question.

    But...Really? That's...Stupid. Why have one for different attacks then if the only thing they all do is recolor your hands during melee? Just have a single slot for visual FX if none are actually related at all to the abilities they claim to be tied to. "Winter Pounce" my foot, that's just Winter Melee. Way to be misleading, Nosgoth...
    Because a glowing Reaver preparing to/pouncing towards you would be much easier to spot - giving you more reaction time and punishing the Reaver for using the glowing pounce.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last