Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Nosgoth Launcher Troubleshooting

Nosgoth Launcher Troubleshooting

Nosgoth Launcher Troubleshooting

Hello everyone,

Launching a new system is typically a bit of a turbulent time during a games development process, especially when that system deals with account authentication. As such, we’ve put together a quick troubleshooting guide to help you should you have difficulty getting into the game.

Have you tried turning off and on again?
    No joke, this can help with a number of situations. Please remember that to fully close the Nosgoth Launcher, you’ll want to go to the system tray in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. Find the Nosgoth icon, right click on it & click close.

General
    This one may help with multiple issues. Go to your game folder (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth), right click on NosgothLauncher.exe, click properties, go to compatibility, check the "Run this program as an administrator" box. Click Ok.

Ensure that Windows is up to date
    Nosgoth utilities functionality that requires your version of windows to be up to date. If you can't launch the game, please run windows update. Once that's done, install the pre-requisites listed below.

Pre-Requisites
    Please ensure that you have all pre-requisites in this folder installed. That includes all 4 years of vcredist:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\_CommonRedist

Gray Play Button
    There two potential fixes for the this tricky fella. Please try both if the first doesn't work.

Method 1:
    • Close the launcher, remembering to go to your computer's system tray (bottom right corner of the screen, beside the Windows clock), right click on the Nosgoth icon in the tray and click exit
    • Restarting the launcher will enable the play button in some circumstances

Method 2:

1. Boot the game - You will not be able to log in
    2. Go to http://eu.square-enix.com/en/profile/edit/accounts and unlink your Steam account
    3. Close the Launcher (remembering to exit it from the tray in the bottom right of your screen (beside the clock)
    4. Boot the launcher. You should see this screen:

5. (click image to enlarge)
    6. Click "Log Out" from the top right corner of the launcher (just underneath your username)
    7. Close the launcher (exiting from the tray), and restart Steam
    8. Click play to run Nosgoth from Steam you should be prompted to log in
    9. Log in using your Square Enix Membership account
    10. Nosgoth should boot up - time to suck some blood!

Languages
    Is the game launching in a language other than the one you want? Close Nosgoth, select a language other than the one you want, and then switch to your desired language. You should be good to go!

Can’t Log In?
    Make sure that you’re trying to log into your Square Enix Membership account, not your Steam account. You can try to log in at www.Nosgoth.com to see if your details work. The site and launcher use your details. If it does work, restart your client using the method listed above. Try to log in a few times.

Steam/Launcher window pops up for a few seconds, then dissappears
    You need to run your Vcredist mentioned in the Pre-Requisites sections above.

We’ll continue to add/remove from this post as and when new issues are discovered and fixed. We hope this helps quite a few of you out.

Regards,
    Oghamsmith
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 16th Mar 2016 at 18:39.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Updated for a solution for another scenario.

this is not working... netframework and libraries are updated...
    i try to launch it from steam, from squarenix site, directly from the installation folder, the launcher comes out I click "PLAY" and nothing happens.

I hope to find a fix for this soon

can someone help me? i open the launcher via steam and click on the "play" button but after i do it just greys out and literally nothing happens, iv tried re-installing and following all of the other suggestions but nothing seems to work.

The launcher is a great idea, but perhaps you should hire a programmer that can actually make a functional one.

I am also having the same issue as posted above, the launcher loads, I click play, it grays out and then nothing happens, and it goes back to red. I have already re-installed the game, i have all the updates, and the .netframework required. any suggestions would be great!

I'm just gonna leave it here. If you could actually move the "Play" button to an even more obscure place and make it completely unplayable, that would be great.

Originally Posted by podmurna34
    I'm just gonna leave it here. If you could actually move the "Play" button to an even more obscure place and make it completely unplayable, that would be great.

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 24th Dec 2015 at 10:20.

Same problem and this is my dump but cant see there any problem.
    Log: Log file open, 12/19/15 05:29:45
    DevNet: Wants NAT Traversal: TRUE
    Init: WinSock: version 1.1 (2.2), MaxSocks=32767, MaxUdp=65467
    Log: ... running in INSTALLED mode
    Init: Language extension: INT
    Init: Language extension: INT
    DevConfig: GConfig::LoadFile associated file: ..\..\BCMPGame\Config\BCMPUI.ini
    Init: Version: 151216.123847
    Init: Compiled (32-bit): Dec 8 2015 17:19:06
    Init: Command line:
    Init: Base directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\
    [0000.25] Init: Computer: NISAN
    [0000.25] Init: User: NiSoo
    [0000.25] Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=8
    [0000.25] Init: High frequency timer resolution =3.320312 MHz
    [0000.25] Init: Memory total: Physical=7.9GB (8GB approx) Pagefile=9.1GB Virtual=4.0GB
    [0000.26] Log: Game restarting within Steam client, exiting
    [0000.26] Log: appRequestExit(0)
    [0000.26] DevNet: Wants NAT Traversal: TRUE
    [0000.26] Init: Presizing for 0 objects not considered by GC, pre-allocating 0 bytes.
    [0000.26] Init: Object subsystem initialized
    [0000.30] Log: Detected Perf Level: 1 2 2
    [0000.31] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 0: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    [0000.31] Log: Adapter has 1986MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 2048MB of shared system memory
    [0000.32] Log: Found D3D11 adapter 1: Microsoft Basic Render Driver
    [0000.32] Log: Adapter has 0MB of dedicated video memory, 0MB of dedicated system memory, and 256MB of shared system memory
    [0000.33] Log: Shader platform (RHI): PC-D3D-SM3
    [0000.35] Log: PhysX GPU Support: DISABLED
    [0000.35] Exit: Preparing to exit.
    [0000.35] Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
    [0000.35] Exit: Preparing to exit.
    [0000.35] Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
    [0000.35] Exit: Exiting.
    [0000.36] Log: Log file closed, 12/19/15 05:29:45

Hi, had this problem earlier and have a really weird potential solution.

Previously I had tried everything, run as admin, compatability, framework installation, -nosurvey but nothing worked.

Solution:
    I downloaded paladins afterwards and it installed some pre-requisites, then after i stopped playing I retried nosgoth and it was working. The pre-requisite I believe was Directx 9, so maybe try downlaoding and installing directx9?

It may have been some sort of fluke but worth a shot.

Hi, I installed your game yesterday, and upon launching it, the steam "Preparing to launch" window flashes for about half a second, then closes, my Steam friends list will say I'm in game for a second or two then exit it immediately, I have yet to get to the games launcher much less the game itself. I reinstalled all of my Microsoft C++ Visuals from 2010+ as well as verifying my game cache, deleting my Redist folder and verifying, and launching the game from it's folder and in administrator, any ideas what I should do next?

I do not know what went wrong since Thursday nothing works. I could not play the last few weeks and Nosgoth since Thursday 17:12:15.

-on Thursday had update; Nosgoth will not boot. very briefly comes steam.
    -Because I was told I should steam restart the update has been reset. I restarted steam and it worked 2hours long since arrived very large lags that could play nciht.

started -on Friday steam and game updates, and started playing the same problem like before.
    -pc restarted
    -in the forum looked beating and that is what described here to downlaoden with Mircrosoft Visual C ++ 2010 also has not helped.
    -nosgoth uninstalled, has not helped

I find no solution and I have no more desire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ich weiß nicht was schief gelaufen ist seit donnerstag geht gar nichts mehr. ich konnte die letzten wochen nosgoth spielen und seit donnerstag den 17.12.15 nicht mehr.

-am donnerstag update gehabt; nosgoth startet nicht mehr. ganz kurz kommt steam.
    -denn wurde mir gesagt ich soll steam neustarten das update wurde zurück gesetzt. ich habe steam neugestartet und es funktionierte 2stunden lang denn kamen sehr große lags das man nciht spielen konnte.

-am freitag steam gestartet und wieder ein update, spiel gestartet und gleiches problem wie zu vor.
    -pc neugestartet
    -im forum geschaut was sache ist und das was hier beschrieben wird mit mircrosoft visual c ++ 2010 zu downlaoden hat auch nicht weiter geholfen.
    -nosgoth deinstalliert, hat auch nicht geholfen

ich finde keine lösung und habe auch keine lust mehr.
    signature image

*was a problem with my internet proverder, nevermind*
    Last edited by Lavamancer; 21st Dec 2015 at 21:42.

i have this problem i dont know what to do for it :/
    2015-12-23 04:17:53,846 [1] FATAL PhosphorousClient.App.Program [(null)] - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CefSharp.Core.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
    File name: 'CefSharp.Core.dll'

Follow the steps in the post at the top of this thread.

The .Net Framework & C++ points should be particularly helpful here.

Those with the greyed out button, can you try clicking on the language option first?

it was not helpful, it has brought nothing with me, the game does not start.
    although I did what was in the Forum
    I lay it down now it annoys me only that I no longer can play Nosgoth and can not make gold ranking.
    whether it is on steam I know nciht but it can not be going after the update anything -.-
    every time does the game (although hardly the game speilen) only with me it does not work while I was looking for the game since the alpha.

Real unfair -.-
    -I go into the corner and wines-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

es war nicht hilfreich es hat bei mir nichts gebracht das game startet nicht.
    obwohl ich das gemacht habe was im forum stand
    ich lasse es jetzt auch mich ärgert es nur noch das ich kein nosgoth mehr spielen kann und kein gold ranking machen kann.
    ob es an steam liegt ich weiß es nciht aber es kann nicht sein das nach dem update nichts mehr geht-.-
    bei jedem funktioniert das game (obwohl die kaum das game speilen)nur bei mir funktioniert es nicht mehr dabei suchte ich das game seit der alpha.

echt ungerecht-.-
    -ich gehe in die ecke und weine-

naja egal habe noch andere games

FROHE WEIHNACHTEN
    signature image

(click image to enlarge)
    why cant play? always tis
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 24th Dec 2015 at 10:22.

I have the same problem as above. Updated everything and i can click play and nothing happens. the button goes grey and then red again without anything. Also, there is not even a log out button on the launcher for me to try the above solution. any advice?

Originally Posted by GS_ToLoveMoLA

You haven't linked your Square Enix Membership account to a Steam account. You need to do that in order to be able to play the game.

Originally Posted by SargentLee
    I have the same problem as above. Updated everything and i can click play and nothing happens. the button goes grey and then red again without anything. Also, there is not even a log out button on the launcher for me to try the above solution. any advice?
    If you're not seeing a logout link, then your issue isn't the same as above. Please take a screenshot of what's happening and post it here.

Originally Posted by GS_ToLoveMoLA

(click image to enlarge)
    You haven't linked your Square Enix Membership account to a Steam account. You need to do that in order to be able to play the game.

Originally Posted by SargentLee
    If you're not seeing a logout link, then your issue isn't the same as above. Please take a screenshot of what's happening and post it here.

Now i can lauch the game ,but

Now i can lauch the game ,but after i in game ttrial hunter and press start ,then when loading is same problem window solution

this is what is happening. i click play and the button goes grey and then red again. Also, as i said above, there is no log out button on the launcher.

http://prntscr.com/9i7dbn

I have a problem with start, when I click play in steam, the window with" starting game..." after few second disappear, I update everything and I already do reinstall steam and twice nosgoth

It don't work !¡!

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last