Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Movie Speculation

Movie Speculation

fake muscles

Sure, they can put on those fake muscle suits, but I really think someone with some honest to goodness muscle like Wesley Snipes, Sly Stallone, Patrick Swayze (sp?), etc. would make the best choice for a JC. Someone like me can always tell a muscle suit vs. the real mccoy.

Oh, and take it from a former bodybuilder: real muscle is neither easy nor quick to build. Given a year or more, someone with good genes and a good trainer at their side can make significant improvements, but one never knows how significant until after the fact. If the movie director has a certain physique in mind for the part, they'd do best to pick an actor who's already really close.

LOL Random. There is a difference between buffing up a little and having HUGE muscles. It is genetic and it also takes a long time to build up. It is not something that people put on.

muscles

Exactly! When I was lifting a lot, people would ask me for advice on toning up and such, and would always want instant results. Well, results are never instant. Never ever, even when the person has genes like Arnold or Lou Ferrigno. So when I suggested they spend 30-45 minutes in the gym lifting weights 4-5 days per week, they'd gasp, eyes wide, saying they don't want to look like Arnold. They actually thought it was so easy to build muscle that they might wake up one morning and poof -- instant hugeness. If that were true, we'd see a lot more muscley guys walking around!

Of course you can't look like Arnold in a few months time, but do you actually want someone with muscles that big to play JC? Someone like Vin Diesel? I know I don't. JC never struck me as having very big muscles, and since there's no reason for him to take his shirt off in the movie, what's the point? I say go for the better actor and forget about muscles. I must be crazy...

If Hollywood puts good acting above big muscles, let me know
    Sincerely,
    Daniel M. King

actually, i don't think the actor needs to have HUGE muscles, just good musculature (sp??). and there are probably some who would surprise us, like Toby McGuire (methinks iz hiz name). i was really surprised when he had his shirt off in Spiderman.

speaking of guys with muscles, gamegirl, IMHO all those guys you mentioned a minute ago (except Wesley) are way too old. you were just "fer example"ing weren't you?
    i'll think up a new signature later.

Yeah, I was just exampling Those guys have the kind of physique I picture as being suitable for JC's part. Actually, if Swayze was a little younger, he'd make a good JC too.

As far as acting vs muscles being more important, I think that a good director tries to find a good actor with a look that fits the part. If they want a hitman-looking guy, they don't pick PeeWee Herman. If they completely disregard an actor's look, the movie tends to be less believable. Can you see someone like Sandra Bullock (all american girl-next-door) or Kathy Bates playing the part of Anna Navarre? No, she needs a certain look about her, too.

what if Anna wasn't Romanian (or whatever). i was looking at Zeta-Jones the other day and thought she'd be a good villainess. she's got sneaky eyes.

just a thought.

Presses stop watch...

I still think Nana Visitor (Major What's-Her-Face from Star Trek: Deep Space 9) would make an excellent Anna. Either her or Nicola Bryant (Peri Brown from Doctor Who) -- she has the look and can do the accent.

Originally posted by oldgrrl
    what if Anna wasn't Romanian (or whatever). i was looking at Zeta-Jones the other day and thought she'd be a good villainess. she's got sneaky eyes.

just a thought.
    Israeli Yup, I agree you with though, I think Catherine Zeta Jones could play a great Navarre. Has enough flair for the role.
    Sincerely,
    Daniel M. King

... 1hr 33mins!

I agree Catman. Nana Visitor would make an excellent Anna. I don't know Nicola Bryant tho.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12