Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Nosgoth League Returns with Beta 4.0!

Nosgoth League Returns with Beta 4.0!

Nosgoth League Returns with Beta 4.0!

As recent skirmishes over flashpoints and bodies subside, competition in Nosgoth heats up once again with the return of Nosgoth Leagues!

The Spoils of War
    Featuring a new $10,000 Prize pool, League Beta 4.0 retains the same prizing structure as years gone by. Whether you want to climb to the mightiest heights of the Eternal tier, or simply scramble as high as you can while having a good time with friends, we've got you covered.

This season’s in-game reward for reaching the Blood tier or above is a brand new ability for the Sentinel! We'll have more details for you about the ability as the season develops. When finally ready, the ability will be available in the store as always, but players Blood and above during League Beta 4.0 will receive an exclusive version of the ability that has its own unique visual FX.

Season 4.0
    Those aren't the only new changes that Beta 4.0 introduces. We’ll be testing two new League setups as well. First up, we’re testing the League Beta allowing 4 player teams. And secondly, we’re testing the League Beta running 24/7.

As with any Beta League season, we’ll be keeping a close eye on how the season progress. As far as the behavior of League participants goes, these are two big changes, and we will be sure to make adjustments to the League if needed.

Join the fight!
    Signing up to the League is as simple as loading up Nosgoth, getting to at least level 10; and agreeing to the Beta 3.0 League Terms and Conditions. With that done, you’ll want to jump into League matches to start racking up those points and climbing the leaderboard.

Vital Statistics
    Time to get down to brass tacks. Let’s take a look at a few key league points:

Start & End Date:
    • Beta League 4.0 is currently underway, and runs until the 18th of January at 3pm GMT/5am PST

League Match Times:
    • During League Beta 4.0 will be live 24/7 until the end of the season!

Age – Not for little Humans:
    • As Nosgoth is a mature game, participants must of course be at least 18 years of age to play and compete.

Terms and Conditions:
    • You can check out the Terms & Conditions HERE, you’ll need to agree to those in-game to be eligible for the prizes.

League Structure:
    Nosgoth League Beta 4.0 will run until the 18th of January. During this time your goal is to climb as far up the ladder as possible. You’ll do this by playing well, coordinating with your team; and winning League matches.

Once all positions have been verified, in-game prizing will be distributed approximately 3 weeks later . Should you make it to the Eternal tier, you will receive an email from Square Enix detailing the next steps for tprize collection.

Get In-Game, And Get Slaying!
    Alright everyone. That’s it for the time being. It’s time to jump in-game and start climbing that ladder!

Should you have any further questions, we’ve put together a super quick FAQ that may answer them. If you’ve still got questions after that, please feel free to pop them in the comments here.

FAQ
    How will monetary prizes be delivered?
    • PayPal will be the primary method, although those who cannot use PayPal will be able to provide us with your bank account details.

• We’re working in conjunction with the fine folks over at ESL to get the monetary prizes to the top 100 players. You’ll receive an email from Square Enix once the season is over with further steps to take.

How do I know if my Steam and Square Enix Accounts are linked?
    • If they’re not linked, you’ll see a prompt to link them whenever you load the game. If you don’t see that prompt, then your accounts are linked. Hooray!

League Beta 2.0 & 3.0 Eternal Prizing
    • Cash Prizes for League Beta 2.0 will be sent out by ESL tomorrow

• ESL will be sending out an email to all Eternal tier players from League 3.0 later this evening. Please reply to that email with the details for the account that you want them to pay your prize to. Please be aware that even if you sent your details for League Beta 2.0, you still need to send your details for League Beta 3.0 as well.

• League Beta 3.0 cash prizes will be sent out by ESL on the 15th of January.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

I hope it's either the crop-duster type fire-breath thing or tornadoes like Janos uses.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Yeah uhh, this isn't going to work :P

I can't imagine how much of a burden this month will be for people who don't already have a full team to play with, I have an active team and I don't even want this.

Have you done anything about lobby dodging? I mean the entire last season consisted of people leaving during the countdown for game starting because you can easily shift+tab and check through the steam overlay who you'll be playing with.
    I know you listened to us about this issue, but you went half-measure and removed lobbies. Sure this was a step in the right direction but anyone who is a decent player knew that you could use the steam overlay and dodge that way instead without penalty..

I seriously fear that when I queue up with my entire team that we will get a grand total of zero games played this season because everyone will drop out of the game when it's about to start, unless we're lucky enough to be matched against the few other full 4 man teams that have the balls to face us.
    You can't call this a SOLO league anymore btw.

Now issue nr 2: 24/7 timers? Are you for real? Wasn't the average of grinding 500 freaking games last season to even have a chance at the top spots enough for you? If you want to prove yourself this season you will have to grind enough games to be in the thousands.. this will turn league into a contest of who has the most time to spend rather than who is the most skilled, ontop of that you get rewarded with cash price. I can't believe anyone thought this was a good idea.

I honestly want to give constructive criticism when I post on the forums but I got nothing this time, revert the changes and forget you ever thought of them. That's the only tip I got.

i think Hexmee is right.

Originally Posted by HexMee
    Have you done anything about lobby dodging? I mean the entire last season consisted of people leaving during the countdown for game starting because you can easily shift+tab and check through the steam overlay who you'll be playing with.
    I know you listened to us about this issue, but you went half-measure and removed lobbies. Sure this was a step in the right direction but anyone who is a decent player knew that you could use the steam overlay and dodge that way instead without penalty...
    We got a few games today full pubstars stack with fakenicks but only against people who didn't know about this or just didn't paid attention to the names. Also a lot of guys just left the game 1-2 mins in and it just reset.

All it does is drive solo/duo players away from the game because they get stomped over and over again while stacks barely find any decent game at all since most just dodge instant.

Could you please not do the 4 player League queue?

Unless you plan on splitting the teams up, there will be even more unbalanced games than usual...

24/7.... :\

+1 here for all above.
    I posted in another thread I will post here too. Why on earth did you allowed 4 team in League ? I had that pleasure to meet up ESL Champs in League 3 and they were good in 2 (Unbeatable) now with all 4 members FFS. And I don’t have a team and I won’t to play league. So who have teams will be in top 50 and we can dream for Ethernal now.
    You will lose so much players with this move by the way.

Yes Hex me and his crew i forgot about you too.
    Last edited by BZiGER; 15th Dec 2015 at 00:17.

4 player League queue? Really?

you don't read the feedback don't you? i love my sentinel but i pass this time.

I hope the ESL Champs have fun.

I like quad que.

Just make sure it is not possible to dodge in any way now and increase leaver penalty for those who drop out of the game.

I'm happy to hear there is a new Sentinel ability on it's way. I hope it's either a ground based special or air based primary, can't wait to learn more about it.

Just bring back solo / duo que ups and keep 4 man parties in a grp for themselfs. This is gonna scare away more people from Leagues than it does bringing them in.

(click image to enlarge)

just... WHY?!?!?
    i can't understand what profit u see in a such dumb mix-league... like "bring meat for 4-premade teams!"

I am so glad I don't have time to play over Christmas anyway...
    but seriously... run a beta over the holidays with prize money?!
    Smart move.

Anyway: When we asked for a party league, this is not what we meant!

I suggested this a while back.

Solo queuers should face solo queuers, duo's face duos (2 duos per team, no solo joiners) and if you really want to play as a 4 man premade you face other 4 man premades, not easy mode 4 man premade vs solo inexperienced.
    Anyone trying to defend 4 man premade vs solo or duos is just bad.

Please contribute to this discussion in this thread.
    Last edited by SonixSquad; 16th Dec 2015 at 08:15.
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

Solution is simple, dont play this ranked!

beside, LAG AS HELL!

i try play 2 match i was unable to finish the matches because people was teleporting around, myself too, was totally random hit someone or die.

the best feedback is let the dev see this last ranked with fewer player of the one before, who already had fewer player of the previsious one.

is clear write feedback here in forum of facebook means ZERO for the dev, let the number and stats speak, DO NOT PLAY THIS RANKED.

Originally Posted by SonixSquad
    I suggested this a while back.

Solo queuers should face solo queuers, duo's face duos (2 duos per team, no solo joiners) and if you really want to play as a 4 man premade you face other 4 man premades, not easy mode 4 man premade vs solo inexperienced.
    Anyone trying to defend 4 man premade vs solo or duos is just bad.
    so do u want to divide a grand total of 1k player base max (the average is about 500 considering the steam chart) in 4 different queue? solo, duo, 3, quad? This doesnt seems a logic solution to me either. We wouldn't be able to find games I guess.

For sure play as 4 vs solo players is not the best, I agree with this.

@Hexme

League in nosgoth was always grinding! In Blood League are skilled players, yes, but if you grind a lot and have luck with MM you could easy jump into bloods. I predict if you start soloQ League, you cant handle stay in Blood with only 30-50 games played.

Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos
    so do u want to divide a grand total of 1k player base max (the average is about 500 considering the steam chart) in 4 different queue? solo, duo, 3, quad? This doesnt seems a logic solution to me either. We wouldn't be able to find games I guess.
    This is exactly why they haven't divided it into multiple queues, I'm sure.

And now thanks to all the people screaming and boycotting the league this season, I can't find a match. First time since I started playing that I literally got a message that said my wait time was greater then 5 minutes. Since my wait can vary from anywhere from a few seconds to an hour when I'm told the average wait is less then a minute, I probably won't be able to find anything all day!

People really throw temper tantrums over the dumbest things sometimes.

Seriously guys, you have some kind of schizophrenic mind to whine about 24/7 . Previous seasons, people were whining on this forum cause 5pm to 5am GMT wasnt fair to everyone (which was true, lets face it), and people were asking for that 24/7 . And now its "whaaaat ? 24/7 ? really ?" wtf guys
    People that could play 5pm to 5am will be the same playing all night and day .
    And to add to this : lets be real, you are most likely to face 4 men premades AFTER 5pm . Those unlucky solo players that can play before that time will have an easier time during the day than during prime time, where the amount of premades will skyrocket .

About 4 men premades, remember when forum asked for it cause solo / duo wasnt enough . Psyonix answer was that they didnt figure out how to implement 4 men party into leagues ... Now they got it or so it seems, and this league is this way .

Remember this is a beta (even though sometimes it doesnt look like it, store / prize pools), they are bound to test things, such as this .

Originally Posted by HexMee
    Now issue nr 2: 24/7 timers? Are you for real? Wasn't the average of grinding 500 freaking games last season to even have a chance at the top spots enough for you? If you want to prove yourself this season you will have to grind enough games to be in the thousands.. this will turn league into a contest of who has the most time to spend rather than who is the most skilled, ontop of that you get rewarded with cash price. I can't believe anyone thought this was a good idea.
    You make it sound like it wasnt already a grindfest on previous league . It was (and still is, minus the teammates part if you play in a 4 men premade) 60 % timespan being able to play, 30% skill, 10% random teammates .
    You couldnt keep up with a player averaging 20 games per day, no matter your skill .
    yah, its gonna be a grindfest again, but not much more than the previous ones .

And about lobby dodging, they need to fix it of course . With people leaving when they know they lost a game to get only -4 points for a loss instead of a full penalty, both those need to be adressed .

^ I gotta agree with Ryugan here. There have been complaints that the league times don't necessarily suit everyone. So if more people grind because they have more comfortable hours now, what do you wanna do, deny them?

People who played 100% opening hours before are still gonna outgrind an average person. So if they wanna spend more time on it than you or me, well, good for them I guess.

Originally Posted by Ryugan34
    And about lobby dodging, they need to fix it of course . With people leaving when they know they lost a game to get only -4 points for a loss instead of a full penalty, both those need to be adressed .
    Seeing your opponents before the match through steam overlay needs to go. With 4 man parties especially it's possible to leave games with 0-7 behind and only one gets a loss when all other 3 are free to leave which is stupid. Or they just abuse where you reconnect right before the timer ends so he doesn't get punished what gets abused quite a lot by certain people. Also -4 for leaving before the game ends makes completely no sense and a lot of people abuse this because in high-mmr this means that you loose a 1/3 from what you would loose legit for not leaving. But all problems are well known and ignored.

Originally Posted by kLauE187
    But all problems are well known and ignored.
    They don't ignore the problems, they just don't fix them fast enough for people on the forums, apparently.

Originally Posted by kLauE187
    Seeing your opponents before the match through steam overlay needs to go. With 4 man parties especially it's possible to leave games with 0-7 behind and only one gets a loss when all other 3 are free to leave which is stupid. Or they just abuse where you reconnect right before the timer ends so he doesn't get punished what gets abused quite a lot by certain people. Also -4 for leaving before the game ends makes completely no sense and a lot of people abuse this because in high-mmr this means that you loose a 1/3 from what you would loose legit for not leaving. But all problems are well known and ignored.
    Indirectly, the launcher they are working on could be a way to fix this . No more steam = you cant see players beforehand anymore

Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos

For sure play as 4 vs solo players is not the best, I agree with this.
    Nope, not divide anything. Just queue as solo, duo or quad. 3 Man queuing is not viable because you would still need 1 random lonewolf. Theres solo queuing for that and these should only face other solo queuers.

Also I think you got the wrong idea, its not splitting into 4 queues. More like matchmaking similarily queued groups.
    You wouldn't queue any different than you do now.

Originally Posted by KaininitePriestess
    This is exactly why they haven't divided it into multiple queues, I'm sure.
    Look at it this way, whats the reason behind the diminishing playerbase? Its not just bugs, unbalanced matches are the number one cause.
    My suggestions aim is to increase the retention rate of new players by providing better balanced matches. The worst off will be the 4 man premades as there will probably be less of those, but I highly doubt solo and duo queuers will suffer much.
    What would you prefer, slightly longer queue times or steamroll lottery leading to a dead game?
    Better to change now before its too late proceeded by a big advertisement push to get the leavers back.

Please contribute to this discussion in this thread.
    Last edited by SonixSquad; 16th Dec 2015 at 08:14.
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

Page 1 of 3 123 Last