Thread: Rise of the Tom Raider XBOX360 GAME CRASH

Rise of the Tom Raider XBOX360 GAME CRASH

Hello, makers of Rise of the Tomb Raider for the xbox360. My game was purchased and downloaded online (xbox live market) and it freezes in the last boss every time, unplayable, disapointing. It froze before in the cut scenes, but i could keep playing if i skiped them, but not here on the final boss (im assuming its the final battle). I made a video of this problem and uploaded it to my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTTFsl0Eo_U

If i had bought the game on a local game store, i could just go back, explayin the problem and get a refund, but since i downloaded it online, im finding it dificult to have this problem sorted. I have been enjoying the game untill now, so i would like a fix or a refund if its unfixable. I understand that most people might not have had the same problem, otherwise i would have found someone talking about it online allready, with that being sayd im not sure if waiting for a patch or update its the way to solving my problem, wich at this point sounds specific and not general.

Helio Gomes aka Model9000

Hi Model9000

I'm playing on 360 too, and my game crashed everytime. So I decided to install it on USB key and I resolved my problem like that. Here my post :

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=183607

I hope to help you.

See ya

Hi, thank you for your reply and trying to help,
    i have read your post and understand that even tough your game does not crash and freeze in the same part of the game as mine, we do share a similar problem wich is the actual freezing, cut scenes etc...
    I have to say that im not familiar with how one actually installs a downloadable game to a usb key and plays it from there, but if you claim you have done it, then surely its possible and surely i could learn it also, but after spending 50 dollars on a game that not only does not work as its suposed to in full and not owning a phisical disk allready since its a downloadable game, im not sure im happy with buying and extra usb card and placing it next to my game collection as a special and unique game that will only remind me of a bad experience. Dont get me wrong, i love the game, and enjoyed playing just untill the crash happened, but all the excitement and fun memories i had for the course of the week i played it, have been sadly i might add, been eclipsed by this episode, wich only worsen everytime i have to find a solution online, waist my time for it, post videos, register accounts, write messages, and research for webpages with possible help. This is not how it suppose to happen in my oppinion, and in 20 years of gaming, its the first time i ever had to do it.

Hello,
    Here a link about How to move saved games on usb. It's easy, don't worry, you need a 16 GB usb storage (that what I've got to play Rise TR).

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...age-games-data.

Usb key is more faster than hard disk, that's the reason why I've got no more freeze since I use USB
    Last edited by Lyne2b; 13th Dec 2015 at 14:04.

I was re-directed to this official Square Enix forum, in search of a technical support from the people responsible for the making or Rise of the Tomb Raider for the xbox360, and even tough i apreciate your help, i repeat that, i do not wish to have my game on a USB stick, i dont have a pirate game, i bought Rise of the Tomb Raider with my hard earned money, i have had over 80 titles installed in my hard drive and never experienced a problem similar, all i want is to be able to play the game from the hard drive without problems, either Square Enix finds a solution wich im open to wait as long as it doesnt take too long and there is a direct comunication with the makers, refund me so i can buy the disk on a game store, or send me a disk copy of the game.
    I didnt steal the game, i bought it and payed for it, am i not intitled to a gurantee and an official customer support?!?
    Last edited by Model9000; 14th Dec 2015 at 05:27.

I think that SE are likely to ask you to try on another Xbox or do things like delete your Xbox cache, uninstall reinstall etc as this seems like a problem specific to one or two consoles rather than a widespread issue. Lyne2B has obviously found a way around it, but whether this indicates a hard drive issue or not I don't know.

Not saying your wrong to want support but just advising you of some likely responses. There is an Update for the box 360 due shortly so that might help.
    signature image

...and how am i going to try the downloadable game on a diferent xbox?! buy a new one?
    doesnt deleting my cache, deletes all updates for every single game i own? i tough about trying that...instead i deleted the update of the Tomb Raider game, and tryed without it since i eard something about it on youtube, nothing, and even if it had worked, i wouldnt be able to play multiplayer without an update.
    I can re-download the game again sure, it takes one hour, but wont i be downloading the very same one that i just downloaded 2 weeks ago ?! I though about these things also.

Quote Originally Posted by Model9000 View Post
    ...and how am i going to try the downloadable game on a diferent xbox?! buy a new one?
    doesnt deleting my cache, deletes all updates for every single game i own? i tough about trying that...instead i deleted the update of the Tomb Raider game, and tryed without it since i eard something about it on youtube, nothing, and even if it had worked, i wouldnt be able to play multiplayer without an update.
    I can re-download the game again sure, it takes one hour, but wont i be downloading the very same one that i just downloaded 2 weeks ago ?! I though about these things also.
    If you can get access to a different Xbox you can log in as you and download it no problem. The hing is it will only prove that your Xbox might be the issue. Some people have replaced their discs and that has resolved any problems they may have but when you download it you are downloading the same thing that thousands of other people are. so if it doesn't work theres only one thing different - your console.

Thats all I can suggest.
    signature image

Hey, why dont i go knock on strangers door's in my neighbourhood and ask folks if they have an xbox360 i could borrow for a few hours and try that, only so i can just prove that my xbox is the issue and not the game, maybe i bake them an an apple pie for the trouble.
    What do you think?!

...obviously im allready working on an add to place on the newspaper, one with big cappital letters, saying:
    URGENT SQUARE ENIX TECHNICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANCE NEED BY THE MAKERS OF THE TOMB RAIDER GAME, or maybe i just graffity it on the local train, im gonna take some days off work and figure it out.

Hi,
    I know you don't want but try to move Rise Tomb Raider on usb key, you will see the difference, it's just incredible how your game will be faster and more beautiful. I'm very happy since I use this storage because it's more faster to get informations between the game and the console.
    Your console and your hard disk are ok, the Square Enix games are bugged because of autosaves. A long time ago, I played Hitman: Absolution (a Square Enix game with gold), and I had must move it on usb because the autosaves freeze my game. They are like that. So if you want to enjoy Rise Tomb Raider everyday and if you want to get 1000G for pleasure, move it on usb key, it's easy, fast and pretty cool.
    This is the only solution for xbox360 and no patch can fix this issue.
    Last edited by Lyne2b; 15th Dec 2015 at 02:34.