Thread: I found a friend's backpack!

Thumbs Up I found a friend's backpack!

So I just started up a new playthrough today, and found something interesting laying just outside of the bear cave in Siberian Wilderness. I looted it by habit, and it said I found a backpack left by one of my friends who also plays the game.

It contained a couple thousand credits, and I think I saw something about expedition cards pop up as well. The notification came and went fairly quick, and I was caught totally off guard so I don't know what else it may have contained.

Be on the lookout.

Yep, when your friends Lara dies they leave a backpack for you to find in your game. Pick them up and you get 3000 credits to buy Expedition mode card packs.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...08#post2187208
    signature image

3k credits? Nice. I only just added one person to my friends list (don't really game on Xbox), so I'm yet to see a backpack ingame. Do they react to survival instinct, like explorer satchels do?

Canopic jars in Temple of Osiris were very easy to spot, just wondering how the backpacks work here.

Heh. I thought this might be a new thing as I hadn't seen any mention of it before. Strange that I only found one now... I have at least three friends who've been playing. Maybe they just don't die.

The pack does glow when using survival instinct. When I first saw it outside the bear cave I almost thought it was a partially hidden body, but yeah... only the bear spawns near there.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    3k credits? Nice. I only just added one person to my friends list (don't really game on Xbox), so I'm yet to see a backpack ingame. Do they react to survival instinct, like explorer satchels do?

Canopic jars in Temple of Osiris were very easy to spot, just wondering how the backpacks work here.
    Yes you can see them with survival instinct. They can be hard to spot as they are easy to run past. Look out for them mainly where you have fights with Trinity because that's where people die the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucacentric28 View Post
    Heh. I thought this might be a new thing as I hadn't seen any mention of it before. Strange that I only found one now... I have at least three friends who've been playing. Maybe they just don't die.

The pack does glow when using survival instinct. When I first saw it outside the bear cave I almost thought it was a partially hidden body, but yeah... only the bear spawns near there.
    If you are far ahead of your friends then obviously you wont see them. I don't know what makes them appear - any death, or death by a certain way.
    signature image