Thread: Siberian Grizzly Attack

Siberian Grizzly Attack

After some research, I *now* know what to do about the bear, but the problem is I'm stuck at a point where I continuosly die.

After the death sequence, the checkpoint loads at a point where I am running. If I turn around to shoot, I immediately die. If I run down the path a few feet, I die. If I could set the checkpoint to just before the cave (where I Laura is crouching) I'd be alright. I tried to reload the save, but I am right where I was before, running down the path.

What am I to do?

By the way, I am a 58 year old dumb a$$, so cut me some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobliski View Post
    After some research, I *now* know what to do about the bear, but the problem is I'm stuck at a point where I continuosly die.

After the death sequence, the checkpoint loads at a point where I am running. If I turn around to shoot, I immediately die. If I run down the path a few feet, I die. If I could set the checkpoint to just before the cave (where I Laura is crouching) I'd be alright. I tried to reload the save, but I am right where I was before, running down the path.

What am I to do?

By the way, I am a 58 year old dumb a$$, so cut me some slack.
    Have you tried loading a backup save?

i believe it takes you back about 10 minutes game time.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Have you tried loading a backup save?

i believe it takes you back about 10 minutes game time.
    Lol, no, I was not aware there were backup saves.

Much appreciated. I was getting dead tired of dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobliski View Post
    Lol, no, I was not aware there were backup saves.

Much appreciated. I was getting dead tired of dying.
    No problem. Let us know how you get on.
    signature image

The grizzly chase is pretty unforgiving. I found that after I died once, just running for it wasn't enough. Try running and jumping off the log ramps and small mounds in front of you. You won't get much extra distance, but you will cover more ground that way than running through snow. That's what ended up doing the trick for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucacentric28 View Post
    The grizzly chase is pretty unforgiving. I found that after I died once, just running for it wasn't enough. Try running and jumping off the log ramps and small mounds in front of you. You won't get much extra distance, but you will cover more ground that way than running through snow. That's what ended up doing the trick for me.
    You cannot run through deep snow and the bear will catch you. You have to use the ramps and logs.
    signature image

I used the trees and obstacles and kept the bear on the other side of those.
    I hate hipsters. Their smug faces, vegan diet, tiny feet and sawdust bedding. No wait. Hamsters. I hate hamsters.

Oh, that part is a bear......