Thread: Can we talk to the devs?

Can we talk to the devs?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    17

    Can we talk to the devs?

    Because I need to know what you've been doing for a year and a half. Because fixing your game isn't it.



    Do you want this game to die before it releases?

  2. #2
    Obviously, they've been working on the game.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    68
    This guy is incredibly toxic. It'd be best to just ignore him.

    You should have seen the he was typing into chat earlier today.
    signature image

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    21
    Originally Posted by perpetualodium
    This guy is incredibly toxic.
    He well may be, but it doesn't make him wrong on the state of the game.
    Same as the land it is named on, Nosgoth is a decaying world, with all of its magnificence cracked and covered in dust. A dying Leviathan of fans hope.
    http://steamcharts.com/cmp/200110,272350
    This is a comparison of online players for Nosgoth and another online only F2P PVP game that was abandoned by developers some months ago. Yes the abandoned one still has 3 times more people.
    It is disappointing and heartbreaking to see a favorite franchise dying again.
    And frankly I do not care why this it happening or who is to blame. Limited resources, lack of experience, development or marketing flaws, greedy publisher… count all in or none, I just hate to see such a potential wasted.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/230410
    BTW this is how a successful F2P game looks like (its PVE+PVP, but hey, I don’t want to ruin your day even more by showing stats of Team Fortress 2).

  5. #5
    We can provide constructive criticism and ask for more input from the devs without being a complete and total to them. Let's keep it constructive, yeah?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Heathrow, London
    Posts
    758
    Indeed...and if anyone seriously wants to find what the devs have been upto for the last 18 months there is the Announcements Sub-Forum, where it is all rounded up in neat packages.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by Irodium
    And frankly I do not care why this it happening or who is to blame. Limited resources, lack of experience, development or marketing flaws, greedy publisher… count all in or none, I just hate to see such a potential wasted.
    http://steamcharts.com/app/230410
    BTW this is how a successful F2P game looks like (its PVE+PVP, but hey, I don’t want to ruin your day even more by showing stats of Team Fortress 2).
    Frankly this is why i urge about and post so much for the devs to implement a coop or PVE...it is a best way to create a community.

    The way it is now, we have a toxic community that hate each other due to enormous skill gaps and very unbalanced matches.

    Nosgoth is one of my favorite games...in terms of the game only...
    Because when i start to think about the messed up matches ("rape or be raped"), and the douches that will make fun of you for losing....the stress that i will have at the end...it's just not worth it (so i end up choosing something else).

    There needs to be a coop/PVE mode where you will be happy to have a bizarrely skilled player ingame, and will actually have fun.
    IMO this should be the top thing on their TODO list.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    21
    Originally Posted by Bazielim
    Indeed...and if anyone seriously wants to find what the devs have been upto for the last 18 months there is the Announcements Sub-Forum, where it is all rounded up in neat packages.
    And maybe, he been there and tried that and just like the rest of us had zero results. Who knows?
    One must understand that any feedback on the forums will (in the best-case scenario) be read by a community moderator. There is a dim chance that Psyonix will have some of that feedback (I’d consider its somewhere around zero, but there is), and there are no chances that management of Square Enix will. None. Zero.

    BTW if you really want people to know what you are doing and going to do, do it like that:
    https://www.fracturedspace.com/open-...ment-approach/
    or
    http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/...n-development/

    Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    There needs to be a coop/PVE mode where you will be happy to have a bizarrely skilled player ingame, and will actually have fun.
    Indeed it does.
    And that was indeed asked for a long time. Remember whose warbands that were on the table in the alpha and are not today?
    They were going to do those. And the next logical step (people asked for) from warbands can be clan bases, some sort of a castle/cave/gladiatorial arena. Of course with ton of customization options, maybe even craftable or event related. The amount of cash they could have get for the game development on those could be massive.
    Would you want a clan (warband) castle on a cliff overlooking the lake of the dead with Razielim banners waving in the wind? With test dummies to practice new moves outside of combat? With armories, foundries and a grand throne room? All of that craftable and/or on the market.
    And a player to player trade for materials, resources. So one can get ingame cash farming stuff and the other can get what he wants for his money. Economy, some games lives years having nothing but that.
    Would you like some PVE content to gather in your castle and swoop on the lands below to ravage some villages and take down a human outpost or two? You know just to let the clan newbies get a feeling of the game.
    Or defend an outpost from waves of ghouls as a human?
    Co-Op is essential in teambuilding. It lets you get the basics and understanding of your team without stress and negative feelings to people you hardly know.
    Nope, Square Enix said “we need Pro Seasons”… apparently to make people even more hostile to each other, because we obviously had not enough of that.
    Maybe some deeper character customization so you can swap the stupid helmet you don’t like for a better one. Or a lieutenant-style banner on the pauldron. Both can be market items. Some can be event related just to show other players that you have been around. To have some feeling of accomplishment and that your character is your own, unique.
    Because right now there are like 2 skins less ugly than others and the only unique ones show only that you tested your luck and wallet till the first gave up.
    Nope, we need more random loot chests for ungodly prices to get some quick cash.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 11th Dec 2015 at 14:05. Reason: removed tou violations

  9. #9
    That implementation seems a bit impractical. At the rate that new maps are being developed it would take up to year 2020 produce a specialised set of them for new game modes. As well is that it seems a bit of a waste to make a hoard mode that's only uses ghouls. Full on vampire AI would be a lot more fun to play against. It's not like they don't have the basics of vampire AI already working in the tutorials, although it would need building on.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Heathrow, London
    Posts
    758
    As has already been stated on this thread, it is quite possible to post feedback and suggestions (even negative ones) without crossing the line or violating the forum Terms of Use. Can we please keep it civil and correct from here on in?
    Originally Posted by Irodium
    And maybe, he been there and tried that and just like the rest of us had zero results. Who knows?
    One must understand that any feedback on the forums will (in the best-case scenario) be read by a community moderator. There is a dim chance that Psyonix will have some of that feedback (I’d consider its somewhere around zero, but there is), and there are no chances that management of Square Enix will. None. Zero.
    Numeta had asked what the devs had been upto for the past 18 months - the answer is in the announcements forum where all the patches, updates and plans are detailed - the results are right there in writing.

    Devs are busy people, they cannot possibly answer every correspondence on every forum without compromising their work on the games and that's why they provide numerous written updates and why we have community managers: to relay information between developers and players. Ours have been very active and well versed recently, providing lots of new updates and information about what has been going on. Yes moderators will look in and try to keep everything on track and civil, but I can pretty much guarantee that there are scores of other people related to the game (including devs and management) going through the information here, reading them and acting on the information they have. It may well take some time to get fixes and pushes ready that people want but this does not mean that nothing is being done.

    I understand the frustrations that people have when they perceive that things aren't going the way they want and I sympathise, but I can absolutely guarantee that things are constantly moving and developing. In any case offering constructive feedback and help identifying bugs and the like is more desirable over simply venting frustrations.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

  11. #11
    If we could speak to the Devs, I would say thanks.

    I dismissed Nosgoth straight away because I wanted Dead Sun, and only yesterday I bothered to try it. I was very surprised. The movement and combat was fluid, and while it was difficult to take down Vampires, even in defeat I was laughing and enjoying myself.

    I wish Nosgoth success and hope that the community grows larger.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Irodium
    Indeed it does.
    And that was indeed asked for a long time. Remember whose warbands that were on the table in the alpha and are not today?
    They were going to do those. And the next logical step (people asked for) from warbands can be clan bases, some sort of a castle/cave/gladiatorial arena. Of course with ton of customization options, maybe even craftable or event related. The amount of cash they could have get for the game development on those could be massive.
    Would you want a clan (warband) castle on a cliff overlooking the lake of the dead with Razielim banners waving in the wind? With test dummies to practice new moves outside of combat? With armories, foundries and a grand throne room? All of that craftable and/or on the market.
    And a player to player trade for materials, resources. So one can get ingame cash farming stuff and the other can get what he wants for his money. Economy, some games lives years having nothing but that.
    Would you like some PVE content to gather in your castle and swoop on the lands below to ravage some villages and take down a human outpost or two? You know just to let the clan newbies get a feeling of the game.
    Or defend an outpost from waves of ghouls as a human?
    Co-Op is essential in teambuilding. It lets you get the basics and understanding of your team without stress and negative feelings to people you hardly know.
    Nope, Square Enix said “we need Pro Seasons”… apparently to make people even more hostile to each other, because we obviously had not enough of that.
    Maybe some deeper character customization so you can swap the stupid helmet you don’t like for a better one. Or a lieutenant-style banner on the pauldron. Both can be market items. Some can be event related just to show other players that you have been around. To have some feeling of accomplishment and that your character is your own, unique.
    Because right now there are like 2 skins less ugly than others and the only unique ones show only that you tested your luck and wallet till the first gave up.
    Nope, we need more random loot chests for ungodly prices to get some quick cash.
    Although said a bit angry, i do agree...i would love to see all these ideas of customizations, modes and ways of farming...
    It's too bad the focus is so heavily on PvP

    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    As well is that it seems a bit of a waste to make a hoard mode that's only uses ghouls. Full on vampire AI would be a lot more fun to play against. It's not like they don't have the basics of vampire AI already working in the tutorials, although it would need building on.
    I would still enjoy a beta Hoard with the poor AI from tutorials.
    But i agree the full on vampire/human AI would be great.

    Originally Posted by Ginsu33
    If we could speak to the Devs, I would say thanks.

    I dismissed Nosgoth straight away because I wanted Dead Sun, and only yesterday I bothered to try it. I was very surprised. The movement and combat was fluid, and while it was difficult to take down Vampires, even in defeat I was laughing and enjoying myself.

    I wish Nosgoth success and hope that the community grows larger.
    They're doing pretty good work...but Nosgoth still lacks variety and bug fixing.
    It's one of my fav games, that's why i still play it and try to give as much feedback to make the game better (although i dunno if it helps or makes any difference).

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Ginsu33
    I wanted Dead Sun
    New to the series, eh? :P

    And yeah, it's hard to take down vamps - at first. Every new player ever (myself as well) pops on here to talk about how OP vamps are, and every old player knows better. Humans just gotta work their teamwork muscle. :P All things considered, humans might actually be a bit too tough once they get things going. Crazy damage output.

    And as Paradox said, the game is still flawed for all its good work. And it does need a nice AI fight mode or something.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    21
    Just to clarify some points
    - Players are not heard, and there are good reasons to believe it will stay that way;
    - Developers implement features that are not asked for (or even harm the game), but do not implement those one that are;
    - Chests are bad… really-really bad.
    Both technically (one shouldn’t get what he wants in a roulette) and financially (in the long run) because it alienates players and cuts future funding;
    - New launcher and seeking less demanding playerbase is yet another wrong move.

    Just for info, people who complain here do that because they care. I got my whole Warframe clan to Nosgoth and none of them complain, because they are back in Warframe. Every single one.

    Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    It's too bad the focus is so heavily on PvP
    It’s too bad it’s not.
    One map in one year of open beta in a PVP arena game. Half a year with no new classes or weapons. Are you sure they are focused on the PVP aspect?
    ______________________
    PS
    Think I really should take another half a year (or more) break from Nosgoth and it’s forums. No point hanging around, getting depressed.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 15th Dec 2015 at 16:38. Reason: tou #16

  15. #15
    beside warband the issue is not lack of stuff, was lack of stuff also 10 months ago but me, and people i was play in team too, we find anyway FUN, enough to spend 100/200/300 hours, this fun is gone.

    For this people left.

    the MM, the ranked, the terrible lag, fps, etc... also the change to vampire movement/attack, before was more fun to play vampire... The lack of fix to issue who affect gameplay like the deceiver moving in air with no footsteps, or the sentinel who stun you even if drop you from 2mm from the floor, and so on...

    All this killed the fun.

    each time i ask people i was playing with to play nosgoth they refuse, they move to other game or they refuse to play because the first 3 ranked was terrible, speciallythe third, and killed the love for this game.

    and once you start to play another game you dont play anymore the old one.

    for me is like this, too, i can actively play 2 maxim 3 game.

    Originally Posted by Irodium
    Just for info, people who complain here do that because they care. I got my whole Warframe clan to Nosgoth and none of them complain, because they are back in Warframe. Every single one.
    AMEN
    Last edited by riccetto80; 15th Dec 2015 at 16:10.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    21
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    That implementation seems a bit impractical. At the rate that new maps are being developed it would take up to year 2020 produce a specialised set of them for new game modes. As well is that it seems a bit of a waste to make a hoard mode that's only uses ghouls. Full on vampire AI would be a lot more fun to play against. It's not like they don't have the basics of vampire AI already working in the tutorials, although it would need building on.
    Somehow missed your post for the first time. Will fix that now.
    They really can use the maps we have for PVE. At least at the start (as another Alfa mode in Beta mode game). We have villages, ports, cities (all with some kind of a defensive structures), so all the Developers needs to do is set a spawn point for defenders, set spawn points for mobs and some kind of wave counter. Ghoul/grunt skins for mobs would be nice, markings on the defending area would be to, maybe at least some kind of voice/text info or CO comments as well. Yes it will take time to make things right (cutscenes on the loading, big maps for just that mode, enemy classes, good AI, random mission modifiers and so on), but they can at least test some mechanics this way and let players have some fun in the process.
    Killing few waves of ghouls with some high HP boss in the end (like a tyrant) or a one that is vulnerable only at certain points (some kind of invis/shadow deceiver) can be fun and enjoyable. Can even help lose some frustration after PVP.
    Bases… I don’t know how much time it can take here to code on a most common game engine in the world with tons of stuff already done in previous game series (am I the only one who wants to revisit Voradors mansion from LOK Defiance?), but a team of 14 people can code a 3D random map generator (stacking of premade tiles) along with a customizable clan castle in about half a year on an engine they are rewriting/upgrading along with it.
    So… yeah.
    Well, all said and done. Will go on with my Nosgoth vacation.

  17. #17
    I haven't played it few weeks...Or maybe month and really surprised it's still alive. Average online now lower than 700. I think when some new AAA game comes out you can say goodbye to this world.
    P.S.Seems devs implented some new patches,because i encountered new problems. Rule #1 of Nosgoth - every new patch/fix produce new bugs. Don't even try to argue about that

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by Irodium
    Just to clarify some points
    - Players are not heard, and there are good reasons to believe it will stay that way;
    - Developers implement features that are not asked for (or even harm the game), but do not implement those one that are;
    - Chests are bad… really-really bad.
    Both technically (one shouldn’t get what he wants in a roulette) and financially (in the long run) because it alienates players and cuts future funding;
    - New launcher and seeking less demanding playerbase is yet another wrong move.

    Just for info, people who complain here do that because they care. I got my whole Warframe clan to Nosgoth and none of them complain, because they are back in Warframe. Every single one.


    It’s too bad it’s not.
    One map in one year of open beta in a PVP arena game. Half a year with no new classes or weapons. Are you sure they are focused on the PVP aspect?
    ______________________
    PS
    Think I really should take another half a year (or more) break from Nosgoth and it’s forums. No point hanging around, getting depressed.
    You are right in every word. It is sad and depressing. Such a waste of potential.