Thread: FFVIII BALAMB GARDEN HD Remaster

FFVIII BALAMB GARDEN HD Remaster

FFVIII BALAMB GARDEN HD Remaster

Look at what this fan has been able to create on his own:
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/11...keover-by-fan/
    And you're telling me that an entire multi-million company can't handle a few programmers reworking on FF8??
    I personally would love to see a REMASTER of this game, not a remake.
    What do you guys think?
    If you, like me would like to see that becoming reality, send SquareEnix a message telling them how much you would love to see that. Also include the link above.

Looks good, however, I want a Final Fantasy VIII REMAKE not a REMASTER.

Another game that I would love to see a REMAKE is from the 1st Parasite Eve, it will be epic see Parasite Eve REMAKE with modern gameplay/graphics.

I agree.
    Also add Front Mission 3 to the remake list!

they're already on 7, maybe when they are done with that 8 could get a remake. it kinda pisses me of because 8 is a million times better, 7 just got lucky with the conversion to the polygon, and the ending sucked too, but about FF8 I think they are stretching themselves too thin, trying to do too much at once... but I hope we get a remake and more than that, a sequel... FFVIII-2?
    Last edited by random77; 21st Jan 2016 at 03:09.

They will do anything that will let them earn money and -above all- get them back on top of the JRPG market.
    But they are taking a huge risk, since there will always be people who won’t like this or that, it’s just a matter of displeasing the least of them.
    I think that whether a game is good or bad is something linked to personal tastes and the inescapable nostalgia factor: you generally love your first game in the series.
    It’s not that I do not agree with you, since I agree, at least to a point: I didn’t find the ending weak, I found the entire story weak and too contrived, but it’s just me.
    The sequel idea scares me, since the X-3 audio drama, but anything with Quistis in it it’s a huge temptation for me.
    Whether it will be also good it’s an entirely different matter, I’m afraid.

Originally Posted by mike_ptbr
    Looks good, however, I want a Final Fantasy VIII REMAKE not a REMASTER.

Another game that I would love to see a REMAKE is from the 1st Parasite Eve, it will be epic see Parasite Eve REMAKE with modern gameplay/graphics.
    Well everyone to his own, i want a remaster rather than a remake because a remake has 1: the danger of becoming an action game instead of turn based rpg. 2: will take ages to replace all assets and graphics.

Nothing wrong with X/X2 remaster either, if they did that to FF8 i would literally slap my wallet through the cashregister.

Originally Posted by HeartOfLion
    They will do anything that will let them earn money and -above all- get them back on top of the JRPG market.
    But they are taking a huge risk, since there will always be people who won’t like this or that, it’s just a matter of displeasing the least of them.
    I think that whether a game is good or bad is something linked to personal tastes and the inescapable nostalgia factor: you generally love your first game in the series.
    It’s not that I do not agree with you, since I agree, at least to a point: I didn’t find the ending weak, I found the entire story weak and too contrived, but it’s just me.
    The sequel idea scares me, since the X-3 audio drama, but anything with Quistis in it it’s a huge temptation for me.
    Whether it will be also good it’s an entirely different matter, I’m afraid.
    Doesnt it speak for itself people long more for remakes and remasters of the old titles rather than more of what SE has been producing with FF13 saga.. heh.. i wonder if they take lessons out of that or just brush it off and continue on their path of selfdestruction. Square became succesful only because we loved the turn based deep world, map overworld, minigame heavy, secret heavy, story light' final fantasies. If we the original fans liked action games with lineair pathing we would all have been on the god of war forums.

Originally Posted by Calamaistr
    Doesnt it speak for itself people long more for remakes and remasters of the old titles rather than more of what SE has been producing with FF13 saga.. heh.. i wonder if they take lessons out of that or just brush it off and continue on their path of selfdestruction. Square became succesful only because we loved the turn based deep world, map overworld, minigame heavy, secret heavy, story light' final fantasies. If we the original fans liked action games with lineair pathing we would all have been on the god of war forums.
    Well, the focal point for me is not the presence (or absence) of turn-based combat or world map or minigames, but a intriguing and not convoluted story, plus respect for the player in the form of not painfully difficult or useless options, be them minigames or anything else.
    Let’s face it: the key of FF's success is the capability to always reinventing the mechanics, to appeal the greatest amount of players.
    While there are people who like, for example, turn-based combat, there are others who despise it and prefer a more direct approach, in pure XII’s style and they are both legitimate in their tastes.
    I'm among those who prefer XII’s combat style, even if VIII is one of my favorite games in the series.
    But all of these elements are not, individually considered, the key to evaluate a videogame.
    An illogical story can destroy even the most expensive game, but when the story is also bordering -or plainly inside- the ridiculous, it’s certain doom.
    That’s why I personally never liked X, X-2 and the entire XIII’s trilogy.
    If the linearity is only in an unmodifiable ending instead of an open one, I can accept it, as long as the story grabs me and force me to continue to play till the game’s very end.
    But when I’m an underwater football player made by dreams who travels in the future to fight his dad who became a satanic giant whale, then it’s time for a change with no regrets.
    This is what Square’s top brass failed to (and continue to not) understand.