Thread: Gear Up Guides - Outfits in Rise of the Tomb Raider

Gear Up Guides - Outfits in Rise of the Tomb Raider

After the awesome Dev Blogs, we now have a new regular feature on the blog - outfits!

I'll update this top post each week with the new outfit.

"Calling all cosplayers, fanartists, and fellow creative communities! Moving forward every Monday we’ll release a new Gear Up Guide featuring Lara’s various outfits. Guides will include character turnarounds, accessories, and notes from the art director. We’re looking forward to seeing what these guides inspire. Enjoy!"

High resolution downloads on Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/tombra...lflickr/albums

Since you need a Yahoo/Flickr account to download, I'll be hosting the high resolution images on my site as well.
    Click here for my article, or just click each image below for a direct download of the original file.

Week 1 - Dec. 7, 2015 - Expedition Outfit - "Lara prepares for her perilous journey knowing she will have to brave extreme weather situations. The water resistant, goose down, box wall construction expedition jacket provides warmth and maneuverability for the long road ahead, and features a black and white circular patch on the left arm. The red color provides a color contrast to an otherwise cool landscape. She completes the look with boot covers (gaiters), crampons, a climbing harness, ice screws, a climbing leash, a grey beanie, snow goggles, and her twin ice axes." - Brenoch Adams, Art Director

Week 2 - Dec. 14, 2015 - Desert Tank Top - "As a key part of her layering, Lara wears this ribbed grey tank top with built in support and slim fit to keep her agile and comfortable in warmer climates. The dark material balances well with her lighter value pants and the leather strap of her holster, a drop leg design that sits on her hips and keeps the tank comfortably in place." - Brenoch Adams, Art Director

Week 3 - Dec. 21, 2015 - Leather Jacket - "Lara's leather jacket is a balance of style and warmth. The short cut and rugged leather keeps her protected from elements and acts as an outer shell with lighter layers underneath. Leather has a great material contrast to the dark denim, and the grey cotton hoodie provides a bit of anonymity when needed." - Brenoch Adams, Art Director

Week 4 - Dec. 28, 2015 - Gray Henley - "The three-button ribbed Henley is a perfect layering option for the cold weather scenarios that Lara faces. It is light but long-sleeved for extra warmth, paired with her tan pants and leather holster worn at the hips. Her Desert Tank Top is worn underneath the Henley, and various jackets can be easily layered on top." - Brenoch Adams, Art Director

Week 5 - Jan. 4, 2016 - Huntress Outfit - "Lara's huntress outfit uses the surrounding ecosystem to protect against the cold weather, and enable her to blend into the valley forest. Layers of Red Deer hide are hand-stitched together to create a tunic that drapes into organic cuts below her holster straps. Her boots use the longer, thicker fur from the tail of the Red Deer, fashioned into moccasins for deep snow traversal. Bone toggles keep the asymmetrical tunic flap fastened, and a patterned sash provides a base for the leather belt to rest on. A dark forest green variation of her cargo pants and leather fingerless gloves polish off the outfit." - Brenoch Adams, Art Director

Week 6 - Jan. 11, 2016 - Apex Predator - "The Apex Predator outfit salvages elements from the native bears Lara encounters in the harsh Siberian landscape. Dark fur contrasts with red accents in the waist sash and leg band, reflecting the violent altercations between Lara and predatory wildlife. The claws of the bear dangle around her neck as both a sign of victory and a warning to any who oppose her. She ritualistically displays the blood of the hunt on her face to intimidate enemies. A two-buckle heeled boot is wrapped with leathers, topped with fur for extra warmth. Apex Predator represents Lara at her most savage." - Brenoch Adams, Art Director

Week 7 - Jan. 18, 2016 - Sparrowhawk - "Comprised of furs from animals indigenous to the Siberian wilderness, Lara's Sparrowhawk outfit aims to blend in rather than stand out. The tunic is stitched by hand from sun-bleached red deer hide, falling in organic cuts below her holster straps. The blue accents complement the cream and brown garments, replicating the tones of a cold and forested environment. The rabbit fur hat with ear flaps provides extra insulation, layered over a scarf circling both her head and neck. A two-buckled heeled boot is wrapped with leathers and rabbit fur, worn on top of a dark brown variation of Lara's cargo pants." - Brenoch Adams, Art Director

Week 8 - Jan. 25, 2016 - Pioneer - "Inspired by Sir Edmund Hilary and the men who braved the treacherous terrain to summit K2, Lara is equipped with vintage climbing gear from the golden age of mountaineering. Specially designed for Rise of the Tomb Raider's Endurance Mode, she's outfitted with a quilted down high-altitude jacket in yellow to contrast with bleak mountain landscapes. Wool insulated pants and cloth boot wraps conserve warmth, as do the scarf, leather climbing cap, and gloves. Vintage crampons keep Lara on her feet, and the oxygen mask, climbing goggles, shoulder harness, and mountaineering rope work in tandem to prepare her for any expedition." - Brenoch Adams, Art Director

http://www.tombraiderhq.com/images/a...32c7eaff_o.png
    (No preview because I couldn't find it posted by official Tumblr, which is where I've been using the handy thumbnails from)

Week 9 - Feb. 1, 2016 - Spirit Weaver - "Sun-bleached deer hide is stitched together for this look, layered over the top of a deep red, long-sleeve tunic. The gold accents and intricate bracer are inspired by traditional Byzantine designs, also mirrored on the ornate trim on the hem of her shirt. Weathered leather straps circle Lara's midsection to keep chain mail in place, and are also used to secure a simple hide holster on her hip. Leather pants and boot covers finish off the outfit, with rabbit fur accents added for extra warmth." - Brenoch Adams, Art Director
    Last edited by Relight-TRHQ; 4th Feb 2016 at 23:32.
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com

Smile

WoooooooooooooooWWWW so much detail in that outfit from the scarf to the crampons aka feet spikes! That red jacket is great!

whats with that hat? Are hats optional? Can we combine outfits? Like having a cowboy hat for a hat with that awesome outfit because Lara rides the mountains like a horse and it aint no thang?
    Last edited by Bridgetkfisher; 8th Dec 2015 at 07:58.

The weekly new outfit has been added to the first post - Desert Tank Top!
    signature image

The weekly new outfit has been added to the first post - Leather Jacket!
    signature image

I quite like the leather jacket. Very reminiscent of the biker outfit from 'Legend', which is one of my personal faves from that game. If only it had a red stripe...
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Smile

The leather jacket is great, is there a way to request a tan option for this jacket?

Being black on the character will make it more difficult to track with the eye since its an absence of color in a game where there are many dark places.
    Still love that red jacket!

I think one of the reasons why I love the leather jacket outfit the most is because I own basically everything she's wearing and can channel my inner Lara Croft with zero effort. I have a very similar jacket, grey hooded zip-up and nearly the same exact boots. It brings me so much joy.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    I think one of the reasons why I love the leather jacket outfit the most is because I own basically everything she's wearing and can channel my inner Lara Croft with zero effort. I have a very similar jacket, grey hooded zip-up and nearly the same exact boots. It brings me so much joy.
    What boots may this be? I'm looking for Lara's kind of boots, but it's somewhat difficult, especially for males

(click image to enlarge)

Updated
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiavano View Post
    What boots may this be? I'm looking for Lara's kind of boots, but it's somewhat difficult, especially for males
    Really? There are several solid options! For example:

Ranger Boot by Polo Ralph Lauren
    Pier Boot by Doc Marten

However, the two pairs that I have are from Jump Danger and they come in regular and ultra high-top:

(click image to enlarge)

Updated with the Apex Predator outfit!
    signature image

I really like all these outfits! One question, since I haven't played the game, are they all available in-game?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    I really like all these outfits! One question, since I haven't played the game, are they all available in-game?
    No, the Apex Predator outfit is currently exclusive as a GameStop preorder bonus. Not missing out on much, since the Apex Predator is just a recolor of the Huntress.

(click image to enlarge)

^Thanks for the info!

Even though the Apex Predator is basically a recolor of the Huntress outfit, I still quite like it. I think it's because of the red, it's one of my favorite colors!
    signature image

Updated with the Sparrowhawk outfit!
    signature image

Nice. But would be nice for more 'airy' outfits.

Updated with the two newest outfits. The last one doesn't have a preview image, because I was waiting for it and couldn't find it posted on the official Tumblr, which is where I've been taking the previews from.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Relight-TRHQ View Post
    Updated with the two newest outfits. The last one doesn't have a preview image, because I was waiting for it and couldn't find it posted on the official Tumblr, which is where I've been taking the previews from.
    Why not just use the thumbnail tags?

(click image to enlarge)

I quite like the new Nightshade outfit. And the blue Henley too. I really wish I could play the campaign in the desert tank top. I guess I can, in a way, in Chapter Replay, but it's not the same.

Through some searches I've found that the pre-order stuff is available for purchase on the xbox website: https://store.xbox.com/en-AU/Xbox-On...2-a7123c5a5753 Yet it's not showing up as something to buy on Steam just yet. I hope they make there way to PC land, I'd really like to satisfy my OCD and get these in-game and at least it would tide me over until I can forget about the Pringle's xbox only outfit.