Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 32 of 32

Thread: My 2nd play and here is why the SAB ending is better imo

  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKLEPhilosophy View Post
    "Yeah, I know, it's my opinion. But I said it several times before, the story is so free for interpretation, you can't prove me wrong. "

    If the story so free for interpretation then you cant prove me wrong also. if it's basicly a coming of age story then the game its failed heavily.
    "All the other things like friendship, love, deal with consequences are just part of that coming of age."
    so you say a 18 year old girl didn't know this all? this is one of the worst excuse from a dev. The devs only talks about max so chloé was already mature lol( I don't believe chloé was changed I think imo she still that chloé she was before or at least I want to believe that).
    "So Max just don't need her power anymore"
    imo this isn't automaticly meaning she don't have or need that power especial in SAB ending max is willing and able to sacrifice everything,anything for chloé if chloé is gonna life danger again, max is gonna use her "normal time rewind" power again. chloé will live forever in this ending the ouroboros is represent this.

    chloé did use marijuana for long time and marijuana have many symptoms if you a long term user like chloé.
    Marijuana is usually smoked, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). The cannabis (called "pot," "weed," "grass," etc.) is typically spread on rolling papers and formed into a cigarette, often referred to as a joint, or a cigar-like blunt.
    Like max said one of the chloé picture: "Super Stoned".

    The only withdrawal symptoms I saw in the game is chloé sleeplesness. And sleeplesness is happening when you a long term user and try to quit or you a long term user and out of weed according to NIDA.
    That still doesn't change a fact that marijuana is NOT a heavy drug.
    I think coming of age is a strong word and for me it wasn't, but still, she is via the rewind power trying to fix things again and again => not accepting consequences. And in the end she learns...

  2. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    That still doesn't change a fact that marijuana is NOT a heavy drug.
    I think coming of age is a strong word and for me it wasn't, but still, she is via the rewind power trying to fix things again and again => not accepting consequences. And in the end she learns...
    In addition to that, at the begin of the story Max was very shy had low selfconfidence and mentioned only two friends in the town she lived the past 5 years. She even said her 18th birthday was rather lonely and sad. On top of that she is kind of photo geek, has "no style", had never a boyfriend or a real kiss before. At the beginnig her only some kind of friend is Warren. Maybe Kate and Dana to but in her diary Max reffers only to Warren.
    Through the 5 days everything of that changed. Even Chloe says that in episode 3.

    Chloe is coming of age too. At first she is very selfish and chose to stay in the past and was angry at the world. Joyce said that to Max in the diner.
    And at the end Chloe cares about her mother and even her step father. She shows Max the way to save every one in Arcadia Bay, even when it means for her to die. So she defenetly changed her character during the game.

    For the drugs: Even Max and several other persons in the game say joints are no big deal and almost legal in Oregon. In the Netherlands it's even legal to have small amount for personal use.

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by shnoopix View Post
    In addition to that, at the begin of the story Max was very shy had low selfconfidence and mentioned only two friends in the town she lived the past 5 years. She even said her 18th birthday was rather lonely and sad. On top of that she is kind of photo geek, has "no style", had never a boyfriend or a real kiss before. At the beginnig her only some kind of friend is Warren. Maybe Kate and Dana to but in her diary Max reffers only to Warren.
    Through the 5 days everything of that changed. Even Chloe says that in episode 3.

    Chloe is coming of age too. At first she is very selfish and chose to stay in the past and was angry at the world. Joyce said that to Max in the diner.
    And at the end Chloe cares about her mother and even her step father. She shows Max the way to save every one in Arcadia Bay, even when it means for her to die. So she defenetly changed her character during the game.

    For the drugs: Even Max and several other persons in the game say joints are no big deal and almost legal in Oregon. In the Netherlands it's even legal to have small amount for personal use.
    "Even Max and several other persons in the game say joints are no big deal and almost legal in Oregon. In the Netherlands it's even legal to have small amount for personal use".
    So you listen to a videogame rather than a real life science and doctors and those who used long term marijuana ok I get it.
    Yes you used the right words SMALL amount.
    people CAN get addicted to this drug like chloé, people HAVE withdraws symptoms if use long term like chloé did.

    "At first she is very selfish and chose to stay in the past and was angry at the world. Joyce said that to Max in the diner."
    She was, because everybody left her lol even she said this.. do you believe chloé would be different if max would leave her again? no, chloé would be the same chloé like in EP1-EP4 back to drugs etc...

    "Through the 5 days everything of that changed. Even Chloe says that in episode 3."
    Chloe only said "you not so chicken anymore" who would be chicken if you have power to turn back time? without it max CAN be chicken again with time.

    "And at the end Chloe cares about her mother and even her step father. She shows Max the way to save every one in Arcadia Bay, even when it means for her to die. So she defenetly changed her character during the game."

    No its not max, its not we players did, Chloé was the same chloé from EP1 to EP4, do you know who did this suddenly change from 1 minute to 2nd? in EP5? dontnod did who else... what again its bull nobody can change personality after hours or one week.Maybe it was a last regret because she fear from death she know this is all happening because of her that's why she said things like that this could be a real explanation for this. EP5 was not so good, its rushed, most of people say this not just me, its not about the endings those was very good but everything else is was not so good.EP5 was ruined both character, we loved max because she was a photo geek, always stick with the past,hipster girl, shy loser girl,with not so many friend a total different protagonist than others. And we loved Chloe because she was a hella girl,slack,rebellious punk blue haired badass, even if she used drugs. If Its something good and people love it there is not need to change that, that could be a gravely error. And I still believe chloé didn't really changed.


    Don't be so fanboy do not defend the game this game is not perfect and never will be any videogame.
    looks like whatever I say its bull to you ok fine.
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 10th Jan 2016 at 21:00.

  4. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    That still doesn't change a fact that marijuana is NOT a heavy drug.
    I think coming of age is a strong word and for me it wasn't, but still, she is via the rewind power trying to fix things again and again => not accepting consequences. And in the end she learns...
    That's a thing she learn what is consequences tell this to other game protagonist who sacrificed bigger things to save somebody and he/she was way older than max.You cant denied the fact the ouroboros shirt what chloé use in EP5 its represent the concept of eternity and the eternal return leading to immortality The endings are VERY open minded everybody can use their own imagination.
    mine is what I said: max is gonna protect chloé no matter what especial if they a lovers a typical "love story" max is able to sacrifice anything to be with chloé. And I believe chloé is the same chloé like she was in EP1-EP4.

  5. #30
    Nobody is fanboy here and I don't think everything u say is bs.
    But you complain about thinks that are clearly not shown in game. Chloe showed no withdraw symptoms from heavy drug using, because she isn't simply a heavy drug user. She smoked at least two joints and there is one photo where she looked "super stoned". But in game she was never near stoned. Stoned people in the game are portraied like skater Justin every day or Hayden at the Vortex party.
    The picture itself says nothing, it could be a simple partyfoto or something like that.
    But I agree that Chloe is clearly no angel in therms of drugs and alcohol.

    After major events, like that freaking week, it's clearly not impossible to have some charakterchanges. It needs time for those changes to realy become part of your livetime personality, but changes begin with major events (like a good friend of yours get hurt badly in a car accident because of alcohol after a party, you maybe change your position to drinking alcohol at partys. Just to give you a real life example of a "major event").

    Even Chloe changed a bit during episodes. For example she accepts not stealing the money in episode 3 relative easy. Chloe of episode 1 would have complained much more. At the end of episode 5 she would even accept to be left behind by Max for the sake of other people. She is deffenetly willing to accept both outcomes. She clearly don't want to die, but she would accept Max decission.

    Sure Max and Chloes characterenvolvement are a bit compresst to the five story days, but it quite works, you can get what the story is trying to tell.

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by shnoopix View Post
    Nobody is fanboy here and I don't think everything u say is bs.
    But you complain about thinks that are clearly not shown in game. Chloe showed no withdraw symptoms from heavy drug using, because she isn't simply a heavy drug user. She smoked at least two joints and there is one photo where she looked "super stoned". But in game she was never near stoned. Stoned people in the game are portraied like skater Justin every day or Hayden at the Vortex party.
    The picture itself says nothing, it could be a simple partyfoto or something like that.
    But I agree that Chloe is clearly no angel in therms of drugs and alcohol.

    After major events, like that freaking week, it's clearly not impossible to have some charakterchanges. It needs time for those changes to realy become part of your livetime personality, but changes begin with major events (like a good friend of yours get hurt badly in a car accident because of alcohol after a party, you maybe change your position to drinking alcohol at partys. Just to give you a real life example of a "major event").

    Even Chloe changed a bit during episodes. For example she accepts not stealing the money in episode 3 relative easy. Chloe of episode 1 would have complained much more. At the end of episode 5 she would even accept to be left behind by Max for the sake of other people. She is deffenetly willing to accept both outcomes. She clearly don't want to die, but she would accept Max decission.

    Sure Max and Chloes characterenvolvement are a bit compresst to the five story days, but it quite works, you can get what the story is trying to tell.
    "(like a good friend of yours get hurt badly in a car accident because of alcohol after a party, you maybe change your position to drinking alcohol at partys. Just to give you a real life example of a "major event")."
    funny I would never change my mind.


    "Even Chloe changed a bit during episodes. For example she accepts not stealing the money in episode 3 relative easy. Chloe of episode 1 would have complained much more."
    funny she accept easy because max is there, without her she would steal it anyway. plus if you chose to keep the money then she act like ep1-ep2 chloé. Its matter of fact how you play this game there is no chloé change unless you chose that action, this is why ep5 was big failure IF she changed in that episode.

    "At the end of episode 5 she would even accept to be left behind by Max for the sake of other people. She is deffenetly willing to accept both outcomes. She clearly don't want to die, but she would accept Max decission."

    I can tell you an explanation for this: in real life I'm a cold person but iwould say the same thing like chloé did, but this is not proof she changed I wouldn't change too just because I said that, afiter that (SAB ending) I would act the same as before and I think chloé will too.

    No matter how hard you try to proof chloé did changed during episodes she didn't,only in ep5 for the last 5 minute IF she did....
    every human have a default lifestyle what couldn't be changed not even for years.Both the gameplay and
    The endings are very open-minded every player believe what they want to believe and use their own imagination, even max can turn to be "chicken" again with both endings and with sab ending chloé will return her old lifestyle if you always chosed her and you didn't care about anyone else in the game like I did,she wears the pants and not max.
    max will always save her no matter what,chloé is reckless she could die easily again this is my version of sab ending this is my opinion.

    I understand the game is about turning max to coming her age but this isn't meaning she will not turn back to her old lifestyle.... anything can happen. We can argue this forever lol.
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 11th Jan 2016 at 16:26.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Look: I don't like when people say that "Max matured", "She's not a little kid anymore", etc. because I loved her shy, quiet, introverted, geeky character and people are this way, that doesn't mean they are children. But there is clearly shown some character development, you just can't deny that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •