Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: My 2nd play and here is why the SAB ending is better imo

  1. #1

    My 2nd play and here is why the SAB ending is better imo

    Now I play 2nd time the game... no matter what I will, pick everytime this ending when I finish this game.
    I'm pretty sure even more SAB ending is better... here is why
    -Oregon hits by tornado like every 20 year (this is why Prescott build the dark room at the first place)
    -There was an evacuation alarm everywhere (its mean people could escaped)
    -Tornado was E6 in the game there is no such thing as E6 Tornado, EF5 tornado is the max thats destroy everything, every builds etc... unlike this game "tornado" the game "tornado" was more like an EF3 tornado which is not destroy everything and the odds of surviving is great... as we saw in the game cars was in one piece,buildings still in half/one piece...
    -Arcadia Bay was dying already, literally most of people already left the place
    -Max family and most of her "new" friend live in seattle
    -This is the "original timeline" (when we started the game and make the most of choices)
    -In this timeline You can kill Jefferson (by david) and Nathan die by jefferson (they really get what they deserves)
    -Chloe and max always wanted to go and explore the world together since they was child
    -Chloe always wanted to drop a bomb to AB and go out to see the world and make fortune
    -Max and chloe is very fast became friends again
    -The whole game is focusing about Max and Chloe relationship
    -Syd matters-Obstacles (main theme of EP1 and SAB ENDING EP5) is perfectly fits for max and Chloe relationship
    -in SAB ending Max and Chloe wishes come true have a chance to go together and see the world with their own eyes,live together, explore and make fortune
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 10th Jan 2016 at 20:28.

  2. #2
    The main good part of the SAB ending is that Max and Chloe stay together. There is nothing positive about so much loss of life. That doesn't mean that there aren't justifications for it, it's just a different justification. The way I see it (and the reason I don't think one ending is better than the other) the ending you choose is the ultimate culmination of the Max you play in the game. The SAB ending is a testament to the love Max has for Chloe, that she would cross time and space and sacrifice anything to keep her safe. It's not because she doesn't care about the people of Arcadia Bay or that the town deserves its fate. They are completely innocent and don't deserve to die. Chloe is even willing to sacrifice herself for them, but ultimately, it is Max's choice, and Max won't let her go even if it means sacrificing the town. And ultimately, there is nothing wrong with her choice, because in this timeline, we assume that time and space have restored the balance and the two of them will be able to go on with their lives. However, it is wrong to justify the loss of life or say that their lives didn't matter. The whole point of sacrifice is to give up something important, or in this case to weigh the importance of two different things. In this ending, Max simply decides that Chloe is more important, knowing full well the consequences.

    As far as Oregon getting hit by tornadoes every 20 years, to my knowledge they have always been very minor and have only caused property damage. Nothing anywhere near the same scale of the one in the game (which is far beyond a realistic or natural tornado) comes close to Oregon or the coast. Those mostly only happen in the middle America.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Messiah_X View Post
    The main good part of the SAB ending is that Max and Chloe stay together. There is nothing positive about so much loss of life. That doesn't mean that there aren't justifications for it, it's just a different justification. The way I see it (and the reason I don't think one ending is better than the other) the ending you choose is the ultimate culmination of the Max you play in the game. The SAB ending is a testament to the love Max has for Chloe, that she would cross time and space and sacrifice anything to keep her safe. It's not because she doesn't care about the people of Arcadia Bay or that the town deserves its fate. They are completely innocent and don't deserve to die. Chloe is even willing to sacrifice herself for them, but ultimately, it is Max's choice, and Max won't let her go even if it means sacrificing the town. And ultimately, there is nothing wrong with her choice, because in this timeline, we assume that time and space have restored the balance and the two of them will be able to go on with their lives. However, it is wrong to justify the loss of life or say that their lives didn't matter. The whole point of sacrifice is to give up something important, or in this case to weigh the importance of two different things. In this ending, Max simply decides that Chloe is more important, knowing full well the consequences.

    As far as Oregon getting hit by tornadoes every 20 years, to my knowledge they have always been very minor and have only caused property damage. Nothing anywhere near the same scale of the one in the game (which is far beyond a realistic or natural tornado) comes close to Oregon or the coast. Those mostly only happen in the middle America.
    -There is no evidence hundreds loss their lives that tornado could be minor hit/damage,
    - most of people its natural who near death and know their gonna die they accept death and willing to sacrifice of their life like your chole
    -every parents duty when the time come sacrifice themselves for their children (Joyce)

    "There is nothing positive about so much loss of life. "
    no there is nothing positive about it, but I also never cared about most of AB NPC,and this rate I should cry always when in real life tornado destroy innocent lifes, and the most important thing its a video game you can do things what you cant in real life.
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 3rd Dec 2015 at 11:51.

  4. #4
    There is no evidence one way or the other, true. It is nice to believe that everyone important escaped unscathed, but the only real evidence is not seeing anyone at the end, and seeing a tornado that vastly outclasses any normal, natural tornado. That whole sequence where you try and reach the diner is proof of that, a normal tornado would follow a straight path and do minimal damage, not encompass several city blocks and cause that much destruction. Without Max's interference, all the people you save and all the people in the diner likely don't make it.

    BUT, that doesn't make it a bad ending. My point is more on the value of sacrifice and the different ways Max develops as a character. Max who only wants to protect and be with Chloe wouldn't care what happens to anyone else. This is the Max who's generally indifferent to Kate, blows off Warren, and never tries to befriend or be nice to any of the local mean girls. But there is another version of Max who does her best to save Kate, values Warren's friendship, and comes to appreciate Victoria and her friends.

    In one scenario, it's a choice between saving your best friend or saving a bunch of people you don't care about. Still a moral dilemma, but one that I think we all know the answer to. The other is a choice between one great friend or several good friends and many acquaintances. It isn't simply crying because a disaster hit some random town and killed people you don't know.This is when you are really making a sacrifice, because sacrifice implies giving up something you care about. If someone said "I'm going to either kill your best friend or 10 of your other friends" it is a difficult choice. You are choosing between the one you love and the greater good.

    And that is the beauty of this game! Every choice matters because they build the version of Max that faces that final choice. Both choices are the "right" choice for different versions of Max, whether you play as the compassionate Max who values everyone in her life or the Chloe's soulmate Max who would do anything for her best friend. Both endings do require a sacrifice though.

    Just a disclaimer here, I'm not trying to argue with you. It's just that you and I seem to be the only people posting here regularly, and this seems to be the only board I've found where there are good discussions. Maybe I just finished the game too late and missed the party lol

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Messiah_X View Post
    There is no evidence one way or the other, true. It is nice to believe that everyone important escaped unscathed, but the only real evidence is not seeing anyone at the end, and seeing a tornado that vastly outclasses any normal, natural tornado. That whole sequence where you try and reach the diner is proof of that, a normal tornado would follow a straight path and do minimal damage, not encompass several city blocks and cause that much destruction. Without Max's interference, all the people you save and all the people in the diner likely don't make it.

    BUT, that doesn't make it a bad ending. My point is more on the value of sacrifice and the different ways Max develops as a character. Max who only wants to protect and be with Chloe wouldn't care what happens to anyone else. This is the Max who's generally indifferent to Kate, blows off Warren, and never tries to befriend or be nice to any of the local mean girls. But there is another version of Max who does her best to save Kate, values Warren's friendship, and comes to appreciate Victoria and her friends.

    In one scenario, it's a choice between saving your best friend or saving a bunch of people you don't care about. Still a moral dilemma, but one that I think we all know the answer to. The other is a choice between one great friend or several good friends and many acquaintances. It isn't simply crying because a disaster hit some random town and killed people you don't know.This is when you are really making a sacrifice, because sacrifice implies giving up something you care about. If someone said "I'm going to either kill your best friend or 10 of your other friends" it is a difficult choice. You are choosing between the one you love and the greater good.

    And that is the beauty of this game! Every choice matters because they build the version of Max that faces that final choice. Both choices are the "right" choice for different versions of Max, whether you play as the compassionate Max who values everyone in her life or the Chloe's soulmate Max who would do anything for her best friend. Both endings do require a sacrifice though.

    Just a disclaimer here, I'm not trying to argue with you. It's just that you and I seem to be the only people posting here regularly, and this seems to be the only board I've found where there are good discussions. Maybe I just finished the game too late and missed the party lol
    Its okay, I know there is a 2 version of max the max who was "default" the typical looser and shy, this is the max I love I think its more fit for her this is the version what I play until the end.. and this is why she special protagonist, and the other version what (you play I think the max who wants to be everybody friend and ass-kisser max) its totally boring this is why I never play that version.

    "Still a moral dilemma"
    Strange I never thought about kill chloe I instant choosed SAB...

    "You are choosing between the one you love and the greater good."
    the greater good.. save a bunch of people we never know in the game and never met, everybody hated AB except some of the school kids I would bet the big Prescott would ruin Ab anyway...in chloe die ending, Prescott family always have tons of money and money talk...what did you gain? you killed chloe and ruin AB die in slow progress...plus in (chloe dead timeline) you don't have those friends what you choosed in the previously timeline they not your friends anymore, either way (in SAB they just die instant,painless death) plus I bet most of people In AB give about chloé dead like Victoria and the school...they apperead in the funeral because of formality,joyce could die in this ending too because of chloe loss a mother could die easily because of that, most of mothers who survive don't want child again and live a sad,sad life and relationships broken.

    "I'm going to either kill your best friend or 10 of your other friends" it is a difficult choice."
    For me not maybe for you difficult because you play the to be friend with everybody max.

    I'm not saying the endings are bad on the contrary I think its great because its not the typical endings what we get most of videogame. I hope if season2 will be, the game and the endings will be similar.
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 4th Dec 2015 at 10:25.

  6. #6
    This is what I was talking about in my other post about there being no "illusion" of choice. Every choice matters because it matters to Max and determines who she is when she is faced with that decision. Everything else is just a subjective part of every unique playthrough. I've done both and don't find one ending superior to the other, as long as the decision reflects Max's choices at the end. Someone who befriended everyone in Arcadia Bay has every right to wonder what it was all for if everyone just dies anyway.

    Also, because it's a video game, we tend to moralize things differently. Ok, so people didn't like Arcadia Bay and it was run by some corrupt corporate types. Does that mean they all deserve to die? Should we go around nuking towns with crappy economy or corrupt leadership? By the time we're done, we'll be playing Fallout instead of Life is Strange!

    In my mind, the end choice is a choice between personal love and widespread compassion. Compassion is literally all about helping those who you don't necessarily know or care deeply about. I also have trouble believing that even the coldest, uncaring Max you can possibly play as would just not care about the deaths of Warren, Kate, Joyce, and others who were nice to her.

    I don't want to convince you that one ending is better than the other, because I think both endings are good, sensible, and canon. I just want to convince you that both endings require a sacrifice, and yes, killing people or sentencing innocents to death just because you don't know them or care about them IS morally wrong. That should require no explanation.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Messiah_X View Post
    This is what I was talking about in my other post about there being no "illusion" of choice. Every choice matters because it matters to Max and determines who she is when she is faced with that decision. Everything else is just a subjective part of every unique playthrough. I've done both and don't find one ending superior to the other, as long as the decision reflects Max's choices at the end. Someone who befriended everyone in Arcadia Bay has every right to wonder what it was all for if everyone just dies anyway.

    Also, because it's a video game, we tend to moralize things differently. Ok, so people didn't like Arcadia Bay and it was run by some corrupt corporate types. Does that mean they all deserve to die? Should we go around nuking towns with crappy economy or corrupt leadership? By the time we're done, we'll be playing Fallout instead of Life is Strange!

    In my mind, the end choice is a choice between personal love and widespread compassion. Compassion is literally all about helping those who you don't necessarily know or care deeply about. I also have trouble believing that even the coldest, uncaring Max you can possibly play as would just not care about the deaths of Warren, Kate, Joyce, and others who were nice to her.

    I don't want to convince you that one ending is better than the other, because I think both endings are good, sensible, and canon. I just want to convince you that both endings require a sacrifice, and yes, killing people or sentencing innocents to death just because you don't know them or care about them IS morally wrong. That should require no explanation.
    Yes its should require no explanation, but you should understand this:
    Somehow I just cant give a *** about AB and the NPCS-s... the only 2-3 character what I liked is: Chloe,Max,and maybe Jefferson.

    "Max you can possibly play as would just not care about the deaths of Warren, Kate, Joyce, and others who were nice to her".
    I'm see the game with my eyes, and not max eyes...my kate is dead anyway, I always hated warren, joyce? never really liked her...
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 6th Dec 2015 at 19:38.

  8. #8
    I think there's also the moral question of death from action vs death from inaction. Like that old trolley thought experiment. If a trolley is on course to kill multiple people on a track, would you divert it to a different track which only had 1 person on it. *Let* a few people die, or *kill* one? To me, that's what the final choice was. Do you actively cause Chloe's death or do you simply let others die?

    I think it's an interesting question without a great answer.

    I let Chloe live. She's who I cared about, and as selfish as it may be, I think that's how I'd act in. real life. Prioritizing those close to me over a larger group of people.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn22 View Post
    I think there's also the moral question of death from action vs death from inaction. Like that old trolley thought experiment. If a trolley is on course to kill multiple people on a track, would you divert it to a different track which only had 1 person on it. *Let* a few people die, or *kill* one? To me, that's what the final choice was. Do you actively cause Chloe's death or do you simply let others die?

    I think it's an interesting question without a great answer.

    I let Chloe live. She's who I cared about, and as selfish as it may be, I think that's how I'd act in. real life. Prioritizing those close to me over a larger group of people.
    Agree... plus that is the timeline and the max and chloé who was part of you from EP1. Not to mention I love syd matters music I have all cd audio album from syd matters so, obviously I choose SAB ending when I heard first obstacle in the ending that was a big positive thing for me, but not just that I love everything about the ending its feels like their made this ending for me.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn22 View Post
    I think there's also the moral question of death from action vs death from inaction. Like that old trolley thought experiment. If a trolley is on course to kill multiple people on a track, would you divert it to a different track which only had 1 person on it. *Let* a few people die, or *kill* one? To me, that's what the final choice was. Do you actively cause Chloe's death or do you simply let others die?

    I think it's an interesting question without a great answer.

    I let Chloe live. She's who I cared about, and as selfish as it may be, I think that's how I'd act in. real life. Prioritizing those close to me over a larger group of people.
    In your trolley experiment you have to add, that the person on the other track is your love or your best friend. So it isn't just about numbers or *kill* someone who you don't know.

    For me the desisson to save Chloe was rather easy. I had the feeling Max would save BFF, love or soulmate and so would I in her situation. So it's my kind of happy end. Sure it's sad that an unknown number of people died, I even cared about some of them. But that's the lesson, you can't have everything nor save everyone. But I achieved my main goal, I saved Chloe.

    The other ending is also very well done and heardbraking. But for me it slightly implicates there is a 'Final Destination' kind of fade. What is imho bs. Like when one of your friends dies in an trafficaccident and you say "too bad, but he/she had to die and maby he/she prevents a hurricane somewere."
    And before someone says Chloe died multiple time during the game, so she had to die finally. I will say there is a high chance in getting hurt or die when you play with a gun, chill on a ralwaytrack or try to hunt a psycopath. It has nothing to do with universe having a grudge aganist you (or Chloe).

    That in mind, I will always save Chloe, in every playthrough.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    You know, I do things for my friends, even if it may be unfortunate for some people, in LiS, I stole the money so Chloe could pay Frank. But the final choice was too over the top. I draw the line at killing thousands of people for your one friend (and in fact, you did kill them, you are responsible for their death). No matter how good friend she is, it doesn't make her any better than lives of thousands of those people and for me, everyone who would do that in real life is a sociopath, sorry.
    Saying that Jefferson and Nathan can get what they deserve because they can die is cruel, nobody deserves to die. And Nathan is ill, so it's twice as cruel.
    If you think that minimum of people died there, that's also not true. Three of the main characters were in the diner, and since Max never was there, there was a huge barrel or whatever that was spreading fire and exploding, there were also many people on the road, and those Max also didn't save, so assuming from those facts, it is likely that lots of people in other parts of the town died.
    Of course there is no such thing as E6 tornado, but also there is no such thing as altering time via photos and your hand. This is a paranormal game, with a paranormal tornado.
    Max altered reality so many times, the one where she destroys AB cannot be named "original".
    If Chloe meant that "dropping bomb on AB" seriously, that makes her psychically ill. And she sure didn't, she also said that she actually showed that she cares about her hometown.
    Yeah, they dreamed about exploring the world together, but they didn't dream about leaving town of dead corpses behind.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    And Kate lives in SC ending, by the way.

  13. #13
    I'd like to point out that Max, until episode 5, was never aware of the fact that using her rewind power or saving a girl from dieing in a bathroom is the reason for the storm.
    And there was no reason to think she could have caused it from the start. She had the tornado vision before she saw the girl dieing, before she knows she can rewind time and before she saved the girl. Nobody would make that conection in her place. There wasn't even a manual to that rewind power saying "it will cause a magic hurricane when you use that power or when you save that girl in the bathroom". I think almost everybody including me who experiance the same as Max would try to proove he wasn't dreaming and try to save that girl. So there was no way around that from happening.
    Now to the final choice at the lighthouse. Max learned just some minutes ago that she or Chloe might be the reason for the storm. And she got this idea by random guessing of Warren, Chloe and her nightmare. So there is absolutely no proof from her point of view that going back in time and letting Chloe die will prevent the hurricane. Even Chloe died several times before and it had no impact on the hurricane.
    So you can't put up a simple numbers game or some moral. At that point Max knows for sure Chloe will die when she jumps back but she don't know if that will stop the storm. So a numbers Game doesn't fit the situation.
    Of course you can find some reasons why it is worth trying to go back, but there is at least the same amount of reasons to stay with Chloe and accept the consequences of your decissions. So it's for the player to weight out the reasons in his point of view or in Max' point of view.
    For me it wouldn't make sense to do the hole 5 Day loope just to make everything undone in the end. Max' memories to the five days and to Chloe don't count for me as a reason, since nobody else will remember these days. Like John Lennon said: "Dreams dreamed alone are just dreams. Dreams dreamed togehter are reality."
    And it was even my understanding of Max, that she totaly go with Chloe. But that's just my opinion.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Just to point it out, I didn't like how the ending was made, it didn't make that much sense and it was whole really predictable. But the ending clearly said to us: Sacrifice Chloe or Sacrifice Arcadia Bay. If nobody could make that connection in her place, then it's sign of bad writing in the end, not sign that that it won't work. And if there's a potential chance of not killing thousands of innocent people or killing thousands of people for sure... Also, in the ending, they both sound pretty sure that "it's the only way" etc.
    For me, the moments shared with Chloe are no longer real too. They are just Max's painful memories. But that's the Price (pun intended) of not being mass murderer. Sacrificing people of the town is instantly easier, but that doesn't mean Max would totally go with Chloe.
    And if Max went through the photo and the storm came anyway, she still has that photo to un-un-undo that.

    Just to be clear - I'm not trying to get you on the other ending, this thread is saying that SAB ending is better in their opinion, I'm just giving different opinion and point of view and pointing out things that I think are not true.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Just to point it out, I didn't like how the ending was made, it didn't make that much sense and it was whole really predictable. But the ending clearly said to us: Sacrifice Chloe or Sacrifice Arcadia Bay. If nobody could make that connection in her place, then it's sign of bad writing in the end, not sign that that it won't work. And if there's a potential chance of not killing thousands of innocent people or killing thousands of people for sure... Also, in the ending, they both sound pretty sure that "it's the only way" etc.
    For me, the moments shared with Chloe are no longer real too. They are just Max's painful memories. But that's the Price (pun intended) of not being mass murderer. Sacrificing people of the town is instantly easier, but that doesn't mean Max would totally go with Chloe.
    And if Max went through the photo and the storm came anyway, she still has that photo to un-un-undo that.

    Just to be clear - I'm not trying to get you on the other ending, this thread is saying that SAB ending is better in their opinion, I'm just giving different opinion and point of view and pointing out things that I think are not true.
    If you don't like this ending you shouldn't write here.Im sure there are other topics where they love the other ending.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKLEPhilosophy View Post
    If you don't like this ending you shouldn't write here.Im sure there are other topics where they love the other ending.
    Why? There are things you wrote here I disagree with and I wrote them here, because in some cases you weren't right in my opinion.

  17. #17
    The "problem"(not for me, I quite like that) of Lis is, that the story and the endings are relatively open for interpretation. You can justify every decission or outcome, because there isn't a clear good or bad path. Unlike other games (eg. Mass Effect) you can't decide to play as Hero or Bad Ass and the fitting answer will jump right in your face.
    In Lis you have to think about your decission and have to chose the most fitting path from your point of view. From an other point of view an other path might be better. So a discussion about that is quite difficult.
    But I think it's legit to share your own point of view and your understanding of the sotry.
    That said I will come back to that last decission at the lighthouse. I think the options saying sacrafice Chloe or sacrafice AB are just named this way to make the player fully aware of the consequences. For me it would be better if they named the options like they werde dicussed by Max and Chloe. It was about saving Chloe, stop timetraveling, let the hurricane happen accept the consequences. Or going back one last time, save every one except Chloe, stop timetraveling and accept the consequences. In my opinion it's a very different thinking than just sacrafice something.
    To the idea to start altering time if letting Chloe die in the bathroom don't prevent the storm:
    I think after the final decission her powers are gone. The purpose of the power is fulfilled in each ending. In the SC ending Max learned that she can't her live or the life of other people, that she has to let pass away loved ones and has to live on. As a kind of goody she had one last week with Chloe her BFF/loved one.
    In the SAB ending Max learned that in live she will have to deal with obstacles (like the end Song says) but if she tries hard enough she can change her live and the live of others. But there are consequences and drawbacks, you can't have everything so you have to deal with it and move on. As a goody she even changed Chloe's live, saved her and helped her to come of age.
    In both ways there is no more need for rewindpower, so she lost it. And in both ways Max starts her new life with the lessons learned. But that's only my opinion.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by shnoopix View Post
    The "problem"(not for me, I quite like that) of Lis is, that the story and the endings are relatively open for interpretation. You can justify every decission or outcome, because there isn't a clear good or bad path. Unlike other games (eg. Mass Effect) you can't decide to play as Hero or Bad Ass and the fitting answer will jump right in your face.
    In Lis you have to think about your decission and have to chose the most fitting path from your point of view. From an other point of view an other path might be better. So a discussion about that is quite difficult.
    But I think it's legit to share your own point of view and your understanding of the sotry.
    That said I will come back to that last decission at the lighthouse. I think the options saying sacrafice Chloe or sacrafice AB are just named this way to make the player fully aware of the consequences. For me it would be better if they named the options like they werde dicussed by Max and Chloe. It was about saving Chloe, stop timetraveling, let the hurricane happen accept the consequences. Or going back one last time, save every one except Chloe, stop timetraveling and accept the consequences. In my opinion it's a very different thinking than just sacrafice something.
    To the idea to start altering time if letting Chloe die in the bathroom don't prevent the storm:
    I think after the final decission her powers are gone. The purpose of the power is fulfilled in each ending. In the SC ending Max learned that she can't her live or the life of other people, that she has to let pass away loved ones and has to live on. As a kind of goody she had one last week with Chloe her BFF/loved one.
    In the SAB ending Max learned that in live she will have to deal with obstacles (like the end Song says) but if she tries hard enough she can change her live and the live of others. But there are consequences and drawbacks, you can't have everything so you have to deal with it and move on. As a goody she even changed Chloe's live, saved her and helped her to come of age.
    In both ways there is no more need for rewindpower, so she lost it. And in both ways Max starts her new life with the lessons learned. But that's only my opinion.
    Max not lost her powers... why? because she tore a picture? that's nonsense. I guess this is another thing in the game to every people believe what they want to believe about her powers. SAB ending is very similar to the last of us ending that's why I love it the last of us is one of the best game out there and Life is strange, more game need endings like these.And the protagonist Joel is not the same "hero" boring guy like in the most other videogames protagonist.
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 9th Jan 2016 at 15:51.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataboj View Post
    Just to point it out, I didn't like how the ending was made, it didn't make that much sense and it was whole really predictable. But the ending clearly said to us: Sacrifice Chloe or Sacrifice Arcadia Bay. If nobody could make that connection in her place, then it's sign of bad writing in the end, not sign that that it won't work. And if there's a potential chance of not killing thousands of innocent people or killing thousands of people for sure... Also, in the ending, they both sound pretty sure that "it's the only way" etc.
    For me, the moments shared with Chloe are no longer real too. They are just Max's painful memories. But that's the Price (pun intended) of not being mass murderer. Sacrificing people of the town is instantly easier, but that doesn't mean Max would totally go with Chloe.
    And if Max went through the photo and the storm came anyway, she still has that photo to un-un-undo that.

    Just to be clear - I'm not trying to get you on the other ending, this thread is saying that SAB ending is better in their opinion, I'm just giving different opinion and point of view and pointing out things that I think are not true.
    For me: no matter what, you keep finding something to fighting for. And for me that was chloé in this game.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKLEPhilosophy View Post
    Max not lost her powers... why? because she tore a picture? that's nonsense. I guess this is another thing in the game to every people believe what they want to believe about her powers. SAB ending is very similar to the last of us ending that's why I love it the last of us is one of the best game out there and Life is strange, more game need endings like these.And the protagonist Joel is not the same "hero" boring guy like in the most other videogames protagonist.
    The entire time traveling stuff, tornado, Max's visions are nonsense too.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKLEPhilosophy View Post
    Max not lost her powers... why? because she tore a picture? that's nonsense. I guess this is another thing in the game to every people believe what they want to believe about her powers. SAB ending is very similar to the last of us ending that's why I love it the last of us is one of the best game out there and Life is strange, more game need endings like these.And the protagonist Joel is not the same "hero" boring guy like in the most other videogames protagonist.
    It's a story about getting mature, she got her powers to be able to experiance these five days and be come mature in the first place. Dependig on the ending you chose there might some more minor reasosns why she got her power. But the reason discribed above works with both endings. So when she "learned her lesson" ther is no more need for her powers and she loses them.
    Like I said before, the story is so open, you can more or les belive everything, but it would make sense.
    I never played the last of us so I can't compare. But I also liked saving Chloe more. I discribed it bevore, I think it's what Max would do, even I would save her in Max' place. And I like the message of this ending more, it's more optimistic and more realistic for me.
    But the sacrafice Chloe ending isn't bad, it works and I can understand why people might chose it. Even if I never will "undo everything" in one of my playthroughs and will every time save Chloe.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by shnoopix View Post
    It's a story about getting mature, she got her powers to be able to experiance these five days and be come mature in the first place. Dependig on the ending you chose there might some more minor reasosns why she got her power. But the reason discribed above works with both endings. So when she "learned her lesson" ther is no more need for her powers and she loses them.
    Like I said before, the story is so open, you can more or les belive everything, but it would make sense.
    I never played the last of us so I can't compare. But I also liked saving Chloe more. I discribed it bevore, I think it's what Max would do, even I would save her in Max' place. And I like the message of this ending more, it's more optimistic and more realistic for me.
    But the sacrafice Chloe ending isn't bad, it works and I can understand why people might chose it. Even if I never will "undo everything" in one of my playthroughs and will every time save Chloe.
    "So when she "learned her lesson" ther is no more need for her powers and she loses them"
    But that's only your opinion lol...

    "It's a story about getting mature"
    again this is your opinion, some says its about friendship, some says it about love story,some says it about time travel-fun, everybody believe what they want this is why I like this game.
    About mature thing well this is what failed in LIS the most of it, after one week nobody can get "mature" even if max experience the thing we saw in the game, this is just bull about episode5. people build a personality typical about when they reach 18-19 year old, you have a lifestyle you lived before you CANT change them after "one week" especially goes this for chloé. and 1 thing the devs clearly said this:
    A second season would work but the story of Max and Chloe is told, their character arcs are closed. Whichever choice the player made, Max reached the end of her coming-of-age story, now she has grown up. She made her pivotal decision and the player helped to create her character, her feelings, her relationships... we like to think that we did our job as storytellers and game designers, we helped the players to meet their own personal version of Max and Chloe.

    and another thing chloé was a drug user and the game failed to show us how she is feel without drugs withdrawal symptoms.
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 10th Jan 2016 at 20:41.

  23. #23
    Yeah, I know, it's my opinion. But I said it several times before, the story is so free for interpretation, you can't prove me wrong.
    Like you quoted the devs, it's basicly a coming of age story. For that story Max needed her rewind power, at the end of the story she has grown up and starts a new life. The devs said that. So Max just don't need her power anymore. All the other things like friendship, love, deal with consequences are just part of that coming of age.

    Chloe wasn't a heavy drug user. She used to smoke joints and drink alcohol, but she didn't use realy heavy drugs like cocaine etc.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    472
    Weed isn't heavy drug. And though I don't thing she lost her powers (if she lost them) because she "learned her lesson", but because of some real story reason, like for example because she traveled to the photo where she got her powers, so she lost them after that, we have to keep in mind that this is a mysterious game, there are lots of fictional things happening that couldn't normally happen.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by shnoopix View Post
    Yeah, I know, it's my opinion. But I said it several times before, the story is so free for interpretation, you can't prove me wrong.
    Like you quoted the devs, it's basicly a coming of age story. For that story Max needed her rewind power, at the end of the story she has grown up and starts a new life. The devs said that. So Max just don't need her power anymore. All the other things like friendship, love, deal with consequences are just part of that coming of age.

    Chloe wasn't a heavy drug user. She used to smoke joints and drink alcohol, but she didn't use realy heavy drugs like cocaine etc.
    "Yeah, I know, it's my opinion. But I said it several times before, the story is so free for interpretation, you can't prove me wrong. "

    If the story so free for interpretation then you cant prove me wrong also. if it's basicly a coming of age story then the game its failed heavily.
    "All the other things like friendship, love, deal with consequences are just part of that coming of age."
    so you say a 18 year old girl didn't know this all? this is one of the worst excuse from a dev. The devs only talks about max so chloé was already mature lol( I don't believe chloé was changed I think imo she still that chloé she was before or at least I want to believe that).
    "So Max just don't need her power anymore"
    imo this isn't automaticly meaning she don't have or need that power especial in SAB ending max is willing and able to sacrifice everything,anything for chloé if chloé is gonna life danger again, max is gonna use her "normal time rewind" power again. chloé will live forever in this ending the ouroboros is represent this.

    chloé did use marijuana for long time and marijuana have many symptoms if you a long term user like chloé.
    Marijuana is usually smoked, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). The cannabis (called "pot," "weed," "grass," etc.) is typically spread on rolling papers and formed into a cigarette, often referred to as a joint, or a cigar-like blunt.
    Like max said one of the chloé picture: "Super Stoned".

    The only withdrawal symptoms I saw in the game is chloé sleeplesness. And sleeplesness is happening when you a long term user and try to quit or you a long term user and out of weed according to NIDA.
    Last edited by UNKLEPhilosophy; 10th Jan 2016 at 13:07.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •